Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,749 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married (7683 Views)

Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? / Why Do Nigerian Men Find It Difficult To Forgive A Cheating Wife? / Marriage? Nigerian Guys In Europe Are Shying Away From Nigerian Girls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married by amarilo: 11:18am On Feb 20, 2009
This is what i noticed among Nigerian born and bred in western countries(UK and US). Why is it so and what can be done to address it. Even the Boys don't seem to get along with them in marriage.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married by jaybee3(m): 11:18am On Feb 20, 2009
where are u getting ur stats  from?
dats a pretty bold conclusion
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married by tpia: 12:33pm On Feb 20, 2009
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married by KB1(m): 2:26pm On Feb 20, 2009
It's not that they are finding it more difficult, it's more of a case of that they are finding it less necessary and more difficult on themselves to rush into settling into a life long situation with anyone. There's less pressure for them to do so in the west. They are more able to take their time and enjoy their lives as un-bound women before throwing themselves into a bond in which they are not and or may not be ready to commit to, YET!! Also they are given more freedom to chose to settle with the partner that is right for them rather than their mother or father, or any one else who often attempts nudges them into a marriage with a guy who they like simply because of his possessions, or status in the area they live, ethnic background or religion.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married by JustGood(m): 2:49pm On Feb 20, 2009
KB1:

It's not that they are finding it more difficult, it's more of a case of that they are finding it less necessary and more difficult on themselves to rush into settling into a life long situation with anyone. There's less pressure for them to do so in the west. They are more able to take their time and enjoy their lives as un-bound women before throwing themselves into a bond in which they are not and or may not be ready to commit to, YET!! Also they are given more freedom to chose to settle with the partner that is right for them rather than their mother or father, or any one else who often attempts nudges them into a marriage with a guy who they like simply because of his possessions, or status in the area they live, ethnic background or religion.

That's so untrue. They will only tell you such things because of whatever they are going through at the particular time. As soon as they are able to find a good guy, they always change their tunes.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married by JustGood(m): 2:53pm On Feb 20, 2009
@poster,
could it be that the circumstances of their births and upbringing is one of the causes?

I have met a few like that who find it difficult. White guys in UK dont generally do black girls seriously and they are unable to understand the mentality of the naija-born boys who, more often than not, are more interested in making money to send back home. Many of the boys born abroad tend to date white girls if they are decent and successful. The ones that are left for the girls tend to be the most irresponsible of the lot.

This means that the girls dont have enough room for making choices.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married by amarilo: 5:03pm On Feb 20, 2009
The gyls as well have attitude issue, most of them are not cultured and will find it difficult to stay with a man. At the same time men find it difficult to take them as wife due to their behaviour.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married by Kx: 5:07pm On Feb 20, 2009
They have "superiority" complex.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married by tpia: 5:47pm On Feb 20, 2009
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married by KB1(m): 5:56pm On Feb 20, 2009
You Nigerian dudes have some serious nerve talking about how uncultured Naija girls in the west are, when you fools cheat on them like no ones business and do all kind of other uncultured and sleazy stuff behind their backs. Get out of here with that bull ish. What, you expect them to be faithful and cultured with you, while y'all are able to go all out and do god knows what? How ridiculous and selfish of you to think so.

You reap what you sow. I cant even count on 10 peoples fingers how many times I've heard about some Naija guy, had a wife and kids back in Naija who he was hiding from a second wife over here, while having a girlfriend on the side somewhere else.  cheesy Naija girls in the west won't marry you or are cautious about doing so-- simply because they know how conniving too many of you'all are, better than anyone, and thus they have wise enough to take their time and choose wisely and or to simply play the guys as they have been playing them for so many years. Payback's a bitch at times.  cheesy
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married by JJYOU: 6:11pm On Feb 20, 2009
wbb
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married by JJYOU: 6:13pm On Feb 20, 2009
wbb
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married by fs(f): 6:25pm On Feb 20, 2009
I agree completely with KB1 on this one. Most people just realize there's no real rush to enter into something that's supposed to last a lifetime. I mean, we have to agree that some of us rush into marriage.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married by Ihuoma85(f): 11:51pm On Feb 20, 2009
KB1:

You Nigerian dudes have some serious nerve talking about how uncultured Naija girls in the west are, when you fools cheat on them like no ones business and do all kind of other uncultured and sleazy stuff behind their backs. Get out of here with that bull ish. What, you expect them to be faithful and cultured with you, while y'all are able to go all out and do god knows what? How ridiculous and selfish of you to think so.

You reap what you sow. I cant even count on 10 peoples fingers how many times I've heard about some Naija guy, had a wife and kids back in Naija who he was hiding from a second wife over here, while having a girlfriend on the side somewhere else. cheesy Naija girls in the west won't marry you or are cautious about doing so-- simply because they know how conniving too many of you'all are, better than anyone, and thus they have wise enough to take their time and choose wisely and or to simply play the guys as they have been playing them for so many years. Payback's a bitch at times. cheesy
He said it smiley
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married by ijeoma2619: 1:17am On Feb 21, 2009
whoa! kB1 love you darling lol. very very well said
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married by ijeoma2619: 1:21am On Feb 21, 2009
@ihuoma see how he just hit the nail right in the middle.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married by Ihuoma85(f): 9:28am On Feb 21, 2009
ijeoma2619:

@ihuoma see how he just hit the nail right in the middle.
Yes, and its not only girls in UK or US, also other Nigerians girl in Europe. No wonder Naija girls rather marry guys who has been brought up here in west, rather them who comes later to the country.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married by Busybody2(f): 2:55pm On Feb 21, 2009
Wow shocked I sincerely used to think men were a lost cause undecided Thanks KB1 and I thank God there are still reasonable men like you out there kiss kiss kiss
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married by ijeoma2619: 5:50pm On Feb 21, 2009
yes u are right @ ihuoma, those than just recently came into the cuntry still have that local traditional mindset, which is having more than one wife or girlfriend. At least the ones brought up here have some sense of civilization where it comes to man and woman relation. But overall, i think nigerian men are cursed when it comes to relationships, dont mean to sound harsh or anything. Of course men in other races have the same issues but its shocking in our culture.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married by fs(f): 7:50pm On Feb 21, 2009
I don't think Nigerian men are cursed. I think all we need to do is find the normal ones. People complain a lot about guys and vice-versa, but all we really need to do is try to attract the right people to ourselves. Sometimes we go for what is obviously the wrong person, because of other things we consider important. We all just have to try to know who we are and not let outside influences (like what our friends might think or someone's status, et al) deter us from what might be normal, hard working men.

I say this because truth be told, many of the guys I know seem to be normal. Why? Because guys that think the way a lot of nairaland folk do annoy me. I don't develop any sort of friendship with them because I would be continously in disagreement with them and always get upset. Friendships are supposed to be fulfiling, so if all I keep getting is stress, then it's time to not be friends.

I am married to a Nigerian guy and my brother and brother in law and his siblings are Nigerians. They seem normal to me. Not because we're all related and such. Just through conversations, you know the type of people they are. I don't know any young Nigerian guys that like the idea of marrying more than one wife. That went out in our parent's generation for the most part. I grew up in Nigeria and I don't have the local, traditional mindset. Infact, I detest a lot of cultural things. I find a lot incompatible with my Christian faith. So be it.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married by Nobody: 10:57pm On Feb 21, 2009
1. Nigerian men abroad can't stand/handle strong Nigerian women abroad.

2. There is barely any reasonable/responsible Nigerian men abroad

3. Some Nigerian women start changing their cultural stance, some bcome so americanized that it becomes difficult for naija men to handle

Bla bla bla, it's not that we find it difficult to marry, we're just too hot to handle grin grin

But on a serious note, which naija women find it difficult to marry in US? Well, only those that only wants to marry Nigerian men, since the ones here tries to americanize themselves, it becomes dificult for some Nigerian women to tolerate them.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married by Nobody: 10:58pm On Feb 21, 2009
fs:

I don't think Nigerian men are cursed. I think all we need to do is find the normal ones.
grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married by amarilo: 6:13am On Feb 22, 2009
You gyls are just ranting out of frustration. If Nigerian men that came over cannot handle you HOT gyls how come Nigerian men BORN here don't want you people either. Handle ko Handle ni, If we can handle them hot in a boy friend and gyl friend situation i dont know why we can handle them in marriage. Blimey who want to Marry someone HOT? Don't be deceived any man that tell you you are hot won't think of anything marriage towards you. WE NEED CALM AND HOMELY GYLS AND MOST OF YOU ARE NOT QUALIFIED.
Its just a behavioral issue. Most of you SUCKS. And most of you are single cuz out that.
And its not that they don't want to rush into marriage as some of you claims, when u go very close to them they will somehow let you know that they need that ring. Have seen many.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married by Nobody: 6:22am On Feb 22, 2009
amarilo:

You gyls are just ranting out of frustration. If Nigerian men that came over cannot handle you HOT gyls how come Nigerian men BORN here don't want you people either. Handle ko Handle ni, If we can handle them hot in a boy friend and gyl friend situation i dont know why we can handle them in marriage. Blimey who want to Marry someone HOT? Don't be deceived any man that tell you you are hot won't think of anything marriage towards you. WE NEED CALM AND HOMELY GYLS AND MOST OF YOU ARE NOT QUALIFIED.
Its just a behavioral issue. Most of you SUCKS. And most of you are single cuz out that.
And its not that they don't want to rush into marriage as some of you claims, when u go very close to them they will somehow let you know that they need that ring. Have seen many.

Are you okay?
Did a naija girl jilt you?

Before ou answer, think about it.

And oh plzzz, naija men born here are the worse. They SUCKKKKKKKKKKK. Like omg, horrible, bunch. They might as well be akata, to be, they lack culture. Most of them lack the good characteristics naija men born in Naija have.

Ohhh, and I am not worrying about you American born naij amen o. . . .since I wouldn't touch you all with a 500ft pole.
But like c'mon, you men suck. Esp, the ones here, no sense of culture.

Eating eba with fork. . . .knows no the diff b/w iyan and amala. . . .na to dey buy frozen food. sucksssssss cool cool

LOL, Atleast we're hot. . . .na u ppl wowo past. Baba suwe feeling funky tongue
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married by amarilo: 7:39am On Feb 22, 2009
HeatFusion:

Are you okay?
Did a naija girl jilt you?

Before ou answer, think about it.

And oh plzzz, naija men born here are the worse. They SUCKKKKKKKKKKK. Like omg, horrible, bunch. They might as well be akata, to be, they lack culture. Most of them lack the good characteristics naija men born in Naija have.

Ohhh, and I am not worrying about you American born naij amen o. . . .since I wouldn't touch you all with a 500ft pole.
But like c'mon, you men suck. Esp, the ones here, no sense of culture.

Eating eba with fork. . . .knows no the diff b/w iyan and amala. . . .na to dey buy frozen food. sucksssssss cool cool

LOL, Atleast we're hot. . . .na u ppl wowo past. Baba suwe feeling funky tongue
I think your frustration is more than i thought. Check the highlighted and read your previous post. At least you are coming to your niaja sense. Who told u am in US? Am in London pls and have seen many US naija gyls coming down here for marriage hook up. Many of the parents here drag their female children to various kparakpo meetings, you don't need to be a rocket scientist to know why. Some of them that have seen the reality come on their own especially during big festivals like new yam and the likes. So am talking what i have seen.

Pls don't vent your frustration/anger on me am not the cause. Slow down on your hotness b4 u catch fire grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married by Hauwa1: 9:58am On Feb 22, 2009
shocked shocked shocked shocked

jilted lover shocked
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married by Busybody2(f): 7:34pm On Feb 22, 2009
amarilo:

I think your frustration is more than i thought. Check the highlighted and read your previous post. At least you are coming to your niaja sense. Who told u am in US? Am in London pls and have seen many US naija gyls coming down here for marriage hook up. Many of the parents here drag their female children to various kparakpo meetings, you don't need to be a rocket scientist to know why. Some of them that have seen the reality come on their own especially during big festivals like new yam and the likes. So am talking what i have seen.

Pls don't vent your frustration/anger on me am not the cause. Slow down on your hotness b4 u catch fire grin grin grin

Duh she didn't intone you were in US, get over yourself angry Who wan marry London boys sef with their tontirin sokotos, we dey talk better men, you sef dey show face, na ya type, abeg commot make we see better grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married by debosky(m): 7:37pm On Feb 22, 2009
Busy_body:

Duh she didn't intone you were in US, get over yourself angry Who wan marry London boys sef with their tontirin sokotos, we dey talk better men, you sef dey show face, na ya type, abeg commot make we see better grin grin grin
Honestly I don't get the fascination with skinny jeans. undecided

Naija guys dey complain, naija girls dey complain - why don't we all just kiss and make up? Wahala + Wahala = peace grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married by Busybody2(f): 7:55pm On Feb 22, 2009
debosky:

Honestly I don't get the fascination with skinny jeans. undecided

Naija guys dey complain, naija girls dey complain - why don't we all just kiss and make up? Wahala + Wahala = peace grin

I blame the guys fullstop.

*In Nigeria because they wanna show off, they will take you and all your friends to the restaurant and other places and start flashing the cash. They now come abroad and start moaning that "shebi we are working the same hours, why can't she contribute to the date too, blah blah blah," instead of them to open their mouth and say they are broke grin grin grin

*Unlike Nigeria where you get to meet the siblings and the guy's folks, everyone is someone's cousin or aunt abroad, even your friends in naija becomes your cousin, so the poor girl gets misled and starts to get comfortable, thinking she has met some of the family . . .

*Most of the time, the breakup is due to the guy and the fact that it is easy to have 5 girlfriend at a go. All he has to do is just lie to them that he work shifts, hence it will be hard to pin him down, some unfortunate girls would never get to see his real crib, because all he has to do is take them to his friends house and claim that he lives there.

*Nigerian girls are damned if they do and damned if they don't. They don't wanna give in to sex easily, yet guys go round saying they are doing yanga and acting as if they have gold between their legs, that a hole is a hole. that they like showing off.

*If she gives in, people start gossiping that she is an animashaun and egg on their friends to go and try their luck with the babe undecided

*Once you date 2/3 guys abroad, you are toast, people start spreading rumours that you are cheap.

We girls can't win embarassed

As for their skinnies, hmmn leave that for another day grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married by SisiJinx: 8:07pm On Feb 22, 2009
KB1:

You reap what you sow. I cant even count on 10 peoples fingers how many times I've heard about some Naija guy, had a wife and kids back in Naija who he was hiding from a second wife over here, while having a girlfriend on the side somewhere else.  cheesy Naija girls in the west won't marry you or are cautious about doing so-- simply because they know how conniving too many of you'all are, better than anyone, and thus they have wise enough to take their time and choose wisely and or to simply play the guys as they have been playing them for so many years. Payback's a bitch at times.  cheesy

Rotflmao!!!

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married by Nobody: 9:11pm On Feb 22, 2009
amarilo:

Frustrated about what?
Potatoe potata, US nor UK, I see no difference. Oh plzz, the ones in UK are even worse, so stop the smiling cheesy.

US girl coming to London to marry? Opuro oshi undecided

Ejoo, what is this amarilo talking abt? I'm not frustrated because I dnt have to marry you guys. kiss kiss Those that have to are the ones you need to preach to.

I'm on fire, baby cool cool
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married by dayokanu(m): 1:17am On Feb 23, 2009
1. Nigerian men abroad can't stand/handle strong Nigerian women abroad.

2. There is barely any reasonable/responsible Nigerian men abroad

Na wa oh. Na God go save you from this hatred

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Help Me Get Over My Sister's Death / One Man, One Room, One Motorcycle, Two Wives N Four Children! / See This 4 Bedroom Bungalow Architectural Design

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.