Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,227 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

7 Important Things Senate President Saraki Wants Nigerians To Know - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 7 Important Things Senate President Saraki Wants Nigerians To Know (663 Views)

Saraki Wants To Appoint CCT Judge Himself / Buhari Slights Senate President Saraki,Dogara In Protocol Gaffe At Budget / Senate President, Saraki, Reads Ministerial List: LIVE ON TVC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

7 Important Things Senate President Saraki Wants Nigerians To Know by dpedro1: 4:29pm On Jun 10, 2015

On June 9, 2015, Bukola Saraki was elected as the President of Nigeria’s 8 Senate. He was elected by 57 out of 108 Senators, while the remaining 51 Senators were absent during the election.
Here are seven important things the new Senate President said in his acceptance speech:

1. “We have today demonstrated that even though we may belong to different parties, we are ultimately united by our common desire to entrench democracy and allow its principle guide our conducts.”
2. “The change that our people voted for is a change from a life of poverty, misery to a life of prosperity, happiness, security and comfort, accountability and respect for democracy.”
3. “This is a change that all of us in the National Assembly must strive to justify. Nigerians want to see a proactive National Assembly.”
4. “My dear distinguished colleagues, we are entering at a time when a lot is being expected of us.”
5. “Nigerians expect that the new senate must make laws that will reform the oil sector, the security systems, diversify our economy, create jobs and make doing business in Nigeria more competitive.”
6. “May the future generation of citizens look upon the 8th National Assembly as a true assembly of our people’s representatives who did their best in the service of our nation.”
7. I am most honoured and privileged to be elected to serve as President of the Senate. I accept with humility and respect the honour you have conferred upon me today.”

Read more politics news updates : http://www.peddygist.com/2015/06/7-important-things-senate-president.html
Re: 7 Important Things Senate President Saraki Wants Nigerians To Know by Galacious1: 4:44pm On Jun 10, 2015
Those were reasons he was voted in in the first place
Re: 7 Important Things Senate President Saraki Wants Nigerians To Know by Feranchek(m): 4:45pm On Jun 10, 2015
Good words coming from corrupt individuals. Buh ALWAYS I hope and trust in God for a better NIGERIA.

I do not know their intentions, buh if they are not of the will of God, I pray you oh Lord, to bend ALL OF THEM to your will just like you did to Jonah and if they refuse to bend to your will, Lord, I pray that you BREAK them just like Pharoah.

God bless NIGERIA

(1) (Reply)

Wardrobe Allowance: Nigerians Should Stop Been Hypocrites / . / Obama And Buhari: Comparing Their ‘senior Moments’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.