Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

Photos: Saraki Presides, Swears In 51 Senators - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photos: Saraki Presides, Swears In 51 Senators (1078 Views)

PHOTOS: Saraki Signs 3 Bills / Buhari Absent At The FEC Meeting Again As Osinbajo Presides In His Absence.PICS / Saraki Presides Over Plenary Session (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photos: Saraki Presides, Swears In 51 Senators by Ndlistic(m): 10:07pm On Jun 10, 2015
By Abiodun AladeThe Senate was presided over by the new Senate President- Sen.(Dr.) Bukola Saraki on ThursdayThe Senate President also swore in the remaining 51 Senators that were unable to attend their inauguration Tuesday. Each Senator took the Oath of Allegiance after which they filed through for a handshake with the President of the Senate.
Source:http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/photos-saraki-presides-swears-in-51-senators/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos: Saraki Presides, Swears In 51 Senators by Omoalhaja7: 10:11pm On Jun 10, 2015
All shook hands wt Saraki....except Remi, Jagaban wife grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos: Saraki Presides, Swears In 51 Senators by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jun 10, 2015
Everyman fighting for his pocket.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos: Saraki Presides, Swears In 51 Senators by Young03(m): 10:18pm On Jun 10, 2015
dats great

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos: Saraki Presides, Swears In 51 Senators by Maxymilliano(m): 10:21pm On Jun 10, 2015
Would have loved to see the picture of the bush girl Remi Tinubu and how she snubbed the Senate President handshake ...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Photos: Saraki Presides, Swears In 51 Senators by RaDaZaBaNa(m): 10:24pm On Jun 10, 2015
Tinubu would probably contest for Senate in 2019 then Via 4 senate president to pay 4 this ..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos: Saraki Presides, Swears In 51 Senators by wyman3: 10:25pm On Jun 10, 2015
gringrincheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos: Saraki Presides, Swears In 51 Senators by Ndlistic(m): 10:26pm On Jun 10, 2015
More Pics @ Lalasticlala ,Ishilove do the remaining one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos: Saraki Presides, Swears In 51 Senators by zik4ever: 10:53pm On Jun 10, 2015
While we are insulting ourselves here, some of these Senators may be reaching out to each other and lobbying for who will occupy what "juicy" standing committees. I even see some ex-PDP members who are now APC Senators being in the forefront of the shouting. They will sort themselves out. Is it not politics? Are they fighting over how Nigeria will be better? Are they quarrelling and threatening court action over unpaid workers' salaries? I even see a Senator from my State who reportedly robbed someone of his ticket in the primaries and was imposed on original APC members after being schemed out of the PDP primaries, shouting about “injustice”? Did I see someone who allegedly imposed a Governorship candidate who never contested APC primaries and in fact, who actually contested and lost PDP primaries shouting that there is injustice? Ha ba all these emergency democrats should let us be. Mr. President please forward your Ministerial list to these people ASAP and let them start earning their pay. In 2 weeks, they will get Bank alert for work not done while public servants are being owed for months in both APC and PDP States. Don’t tell me about collapsing oil price and falling revenue and don’t tell me it’s all the fault of the Federal Government. They had money to pay themselves severance package before retiring to the Senate some of them will never move one motion or propose a bill. In fact, some may not even second a motion. Kai! Choi!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos: Saraki Presides, Swears In 51 Senators by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jun 10, 2015
Democrazy in action
Change in the air

zik4ever:
While we are insulting ourselves here, some of these Senators may be reaching out to each other and lobbying for who will occupy what "juicy" standing committees. I even see some ex-PDP members who are now APC Senators being in the forefront of the shouting. They will sort themselves out. Is it not politics? Are they fighting over how Nigeria will be better? Are they quarrelling and threatening court action over unpaid workers' salaries? I even see a Senator from my State who reportedly robbed someone of his ticket in the primaries and was imposed on original APC members after being schemed out of the PDP primaries, shouting about “injustice”? Did I see someone who allegedly imposed a Governorship candidate who never contested APC primaries and in fact, who actually contested and lost PDP primaries shouting that there is injustice? Ha ba all these emergency democrats should let us be. Mr. President please forward your Ministerial list to these people ASAP and let them start earning their pay. In 2 weeks, they will get Bank alert for work not done while public servants are being owed for months in both APC and PDP States. Don’t tell me about collapsing oil price and falling revenue and don’t tell me it’s all the fault of the Federal Government. They had money to pay themselves severance package before retiring to the Senate some of them will never move one motion or propose a bill. In fact, some may not even second a motion. Kai! Choi!

O
Re: Photos: Saraki Presides, Swears In 51 Senators by Dannidom(m): 12:24am On Jun 11, 2015
My dear Igbos ndi nwe mmadu please check my signature is for our own good
Re: Photos: Saraki Presides, Swears In 51 Senators by dunkem21(m): 1:24am On Jun 11, 2015
Ekweghi ekwe ga ekwe na ute ekwere grin
Re: Photos: Saraki Presides, Swears In 51 Senators by Franzeez(m): 5:37am On Jun 11, 2015
Politics is a game, if you play it well you win, if you don't play your cards well just get ready to loose.

Politics is a game not morality. Its for Men with large heart not feeble minds.

Saraki obviously played his game well. Its a game of numbers, even if the so called 51 senators were present, 57 is greater than 51. APC is only angry that saraki played politics not morality. We can't blame him, he is a politician. When tinubu played the politics in APC primaries that gave Buhari all the S/W delegates and he eventually won, he did not spark the idea of morality. If I was in sarakis shoe I will do same, if I have an ambition and I am qualified and I have the ability to win, why should I step down for another person? Because the other person Has 2 heads? Obviously No, then Let's slug it out if you have guts and wits.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

PDP Senatorial Candidate Decries Stealing Of Tribunal Evidences By APC Lawyers / Construction Going On At Ariaria Junction By Ukwu Mango Road In Aba / FG Queries Perm Sec Over NIMASA Leadership Tussle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.