Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,644 members, 7,813,163 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:02 AM

My Mongrel Or Local Dog As Sme People Would Call It - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / My Mongrel Or Local Dog As Sme People Would Call It (4168 Views)

Five Reasons You Should Own A Nigerian Local Dog ''ekuke'' Over Foreign Breeds / See The Reason This Man Killed His Dog As He Refused To Give It To Dog Eaters. / Dog Breeds Similar To The Nigerian ‘local Dog’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Mongrel Or Local Dog As Sme People Would Call It by laparole4(m): 12:19am On Jun 11, 2015
People tend to look down on the so called local dogs, but with proper love nd care they can turn out to be great. Well this is my boy timmy, he is 6 yrs and he has been a bundle of joy since when I had him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mongrel Or Local Dog As Sme People Would Call It by oluomoadebayo: 7:28am On Jun 11, 2015
Good looking boy. It doesn't matter the breed but the love and affection you have for the dog.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mongrel Or Local Dog As Sme People Would Call It by art1f3(m): 7:58am On Jun 11, 2015
lets keep sentiments apart. undecided the breed does matter, alot. the love also matters.
let me explain...
1. keeping a GSD is never the same with keeping a Rottweiler, they are different breeds that act different ways. so local dogs also differ from other breeds.
2. how much can you possibly get from breeding a mongrel?? undecided lets imagine your dog whelps 8 puppies and you sell all for a maximum of 5k (MAXIMUM) you'll get just 40k.
but having a different breed, i think GSDs are the cheapest exotic breeds here in nigeria which goes for about 25k so 25k multiplied by 8 puppies is 200k.
40k -- 200k lipsrsealed
.and besides, your dog is really cute and dosnt look like a mongrel, peharps its crossbreed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mongrel Or Local Dog As Sme People Would Call It by Djdamian(m): 8:02am On Jun 11, 2015
art1f3:
lets keep sentiments apart. undecided the breed does matter, alot. the love also matters.
let me explain...
1. keeping a GSD is never the same with keeping a Rottweiler, they are different breeds that act different ways. so local dogs also differ from other breeds.
2. how much can you possibly get from breeding a mongrel?? undecided lets imagine your dog whelps 8 puppies and you sell all for a maximum of 5k (MAXIMUM) you'll get just 40k.
but having a different breed, i think GSDs are the cheapest exotic breeds here in nigeria which goes for about 25k so 25k multiplied by 8 puppies is 200k.
40k -- 200k lipsrsealed
.and besides, your dog is really cute and dosnt look like a mongrel, peharps its crossbreed

what is this dude saying?...u made no sense with wat u wrote

4 Likes

Re: My Mongrel Or Local Dog As Sme People Would Call It by mystery1979: 8:55am On Jun 11, 2015
laparole4:
People tend to look down on the so called local dogs, but with proper love nd care they can turn out to be great. Well this is my boy timmy, he is 6 yrs and he has been a bundle of joy since when I had him.
I don't tink ur dog is a local dog from its luks,if u see our local dogs,no b psin go tell u
NB:Y DO WE ALWAYS LUK DOWN ON OURS,IF DEY BREED DIS PARTICULAR DOG ABROAD,WE WILL IMPORT IT WIT HUGE AMOUNT OF MONEY AND EVEN BRAG ABOUT IT.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mongrel Or Local Dog As Sme People Would Call It by wunmi590(m): 9:13am On Jun 11, 2015
He looks very healthy and cute, you have done a very good work on this cute dog, I have believe that if you own GSD and other breeds you would do wonders with them.

Love the dog die, very clean and neat, doesn't even looks like a local dog grin

1 Like

Re: My Mongrel Or Local Dog As Sme People Would Call It by arcbay(m): 9:23am On Jun 11, 2015
Nice dog you have there, pretty too. But do you mean he's been on chains for 6 years? Abeg comot that leash jhor, not nice
Re: My Mongrel Or Local Dog As Sme People Would Call It by stonecoldcafe: 9:28am On Jun 11, 2015
Does not look local to me @ all

1 Like

Re: My Mongrel Or Local Dog As Sme People Would Call It by laparole4(m): 9:41am On Jun 11, 2015
arcbay:
Nice dog you have there, pretty too. But do you mean he's been on chains for 6 years? Abeg comot that leash jhor, not nice
only when am not around I chain him. He is mischievous when am not around
Re: My Mongrel Or Local Dog As Sme People Would Call It by laparole4(m): 9:43am On Jun 11, 2015
wunmi590:
He looks very healthy and cute, you have done a very good work on this cute dog, I have believe that if you own GSD and other breeds you would do wonders with them.

Love the dog die, very clean and neat, doesn't even looks like a local dog grin
I have oda dogs too, a boerboul and a pitbull.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mongrel Or Local Dog As Sme People Would Call It by laparole4(m): 9:45am On Jun 11, 2015
art1f3:
let me explain...
40k -- 200k lipsrsealed
we are not all in this for the money smiley.

1 Like

Re: My Mongrel Or Local Dog As Sme People Would Call It by laparole4(m): 9:46am On Jun 11, 2015
mystery1979:
I don't tink ur dog is a local dog from its luks,if u see our local dogs,no b psin go tell u
NB:Y DO WE ALWAYS LUK DOWN ON OURS,IF DEY BREED DIS PARTICULAR DOG ABROAD,WE WILL IMPORT IT WIT HUGE AMOUNT OF MONEY AND EVEN BRAG ABOUT IT.
the guy that brought the dog for us said he is a local dog and I have seen his mother once.
Re: My Mongrel Or Local Dog As Sme People Would Call It by Namdeenero(m): 10:21am On Jun 11, 2015
laparole4:
the guy that brought the dog for us said he is a local dog and I have seen his mother once.
Have u seen the Sire?, that dog is male and he probably has much of his fathers gene.. I'm thinking the sire aint a local dog, maybe a Chow chow (from the ears) That's a frnds male chow chow @ pic

Re: My Mongrel Or Local Dog As Sme People Would Call It by Baroba(m): 11:09am On Jun 11, 2015
Namdeenero:
Have u seen the Sire?, that dog is male and he probably has much of his fathers gene.. I'm thinking the sire aint a local dog, maybe a Chow chow (from the ears) That's a frnds male chow chow @ pic

Valid points, I have seen a few local dogs in my time, but nothing like this.. That head is pretty unique, you can certainly see traits of a chow.

Nice and clean dog all the same..

1 Like

Re: My Mongrel Or Local Dog As Sme People Would Call It by Omololu007(m): 6:12pm On Jun 11, 2015
laparole4:
dis ur dog no b lik aja at all

1 Like

Re: My Mongrel Or Local Dog As Sme People Would Call It by lacicrips(m): 12:57am On Jun 13, 2015
My brother, this is not a local dog.

(1) (Reply)

Help Me Rate Dis Caucasian / Fully Vaccinated Rottweiler Puppies For Sale (box Head) / Hamsters Needed Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.