Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,573 members, 7,820,059 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

Which country on the African continent is most developed ? - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Which country on the African continent is most developed ? (14413 Views)

'No Country On Earth Would Survive A Nuclear War Between U.S. And Russia, Putin' / Why America Is The Greatest Country On Earth. / Democracy; An Opium For The African Continent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which country on the African continent is most developed ? by Meti99(m): 6:33am On Mar 06, 2018
All of you shouting south Africa is the most developed Africa country probably haven't been to embassy before but now you'll be making headless noise about those graphics pictures posted on social media
Re: Which country on the African continent is most developed ? by Nobody: 6:50am On Mar 06, 2018
zikkmann:
Morocco is the most developed country in Africa. South Africa is not the most developed. It only has the most cities with high-rise buildings and bubbling economic city in Africa. High rise buildings is not what makes a country "developed". There is a difference between the two. Secondly, I don't think you should include military might as development.
South Africa just pride itself with Johannesburg and Cape Town. All the South African cities have slums (ghettos) that are worse than Ajegunle, Lagos.
Development is measured by the standard of living of the populace in a particular place. As well as literacy rate, infrastructure etc. South Africans envy Nigeria a lot, because 80% of the older generation of South Africans are illiterate.
Anyone who has been to South Africa, and is honest, will tell you that it's not different from Nigeria. Mind you, the cities were developed during the apartheid regime. And Johannesburg is becoming as rugged as Lagos, Nigeria.
Below are photos of Johannesburg slums.
misinformed comment.

2 Likes

Re: Which country on the African continent is most developed ? by Funnyman: 12:44am On Mar 07, 2018
Jayceon:
misinformed comment.

Meti99:
All of you shouting south Africa is the most developed Africa country probably haven't been to embassy before but now you'll be making headless noise about those graphics pictures posted on social media
Jayceon:
misinformed comment.

He is right 100%. Black South Africans wished they were Nigerians. You only need to visit South Africa and see things for your self. I am currently doing a project on South Africa, I will post on nairaland when I am done.
Re: Which country on the African continent is most developed ? by Funnyman: 1:21am On Mar 07, 2018
zikkmann:
Morocco is the most developed country in Africa. South Africa is not the most developed. It only has the most cities with high-rise buildings and bubbling economic city in Africa. High rise buildings is not what makes a country "developed". There is a difference between the two. Secondly, I don't think you should include military might as development.
South Africa just pride itself with Johannesburg and Cape Town. All the South African cities have slums (ghettos) that are worse than Ajegunle, Lagos.
Development is measured by the standard of living of the populace in a particular place. As well as literacy rate, infrastructure etc. South Africans envy Nigeria a lot, because 80% of the older generation of South Africans are illiterate.
Anyone who has been to South Africa, and is honest, will tell you that it's not different from Nigeria. Mind you, the cities were developed during the apartheid regime. And Johannesburg is becoming as rugged as Lagos, Nigeria.
Below are photos of Johannesburg slums.
People posting pictures will never post pictures of their own cities in South Africa. They will rather post pictures of "white cities" built during apartheid that we (Nigerians) helped delivered them from. Most of them live in SOWETO, SOSHANGUVE, UMLAZI, KWA-MASHU, IMANDA, MBOMBELA(NELSPRUIT) AND SO ON INCLUDING SHANTY TOWNS OF JOBURG,CAPETOWN AND OTHER WHITE CITIES.
.A country is only develop when 90% of its population have basic ammenities and live in humane conditions. An average Nigerian is better than the average South African.

1 Like

Re: Which country on the African continent is most developed ? by Lionessza(f): 4:22am On Mar 07, 2018
Funnyman:
People posting pictures will never post pictures of their own cities in South Africa. They will rather post pictures of "white cities" built during apartheid that we (Nigerians) helped delivered them from. Most of them live in SOWETO, SOSHANGUVE, UMLAZI, KWA-MASHU, IMANDA, MBOMBELA(NELSPRUIT) AND SO ON INCLUDING SHANTY TOWNS OF JOBURG,CAPETOWN AND OTHER WHITE CITIES.
.A country is only develop when 90% of its population have basic ammenities and live in humane conditions. An average Nigerian is better than the average South African.

LMFAO, I almost quoted you with hard facts before taking a second look at your monicker. You got good jokes though, I must say grin.

3 Likes

Re: Which country on the African continent is most developed ? by Funnyman: 7:15am On Mar 07, 2018
Lionessza:

LMFAO, I almost quoted you with hard facts before taking a second look at your monicker. You got good jokes though, I must say grin.
Please dont dodge away from the discussion, my moniker has nothing to do with my post, this is not joke section. Show me your hard facts and I will take it from there. Nigerians are not Mozambicans, WE ARE BETTER THAN BLACK SOUTH AFRICANS. You people enjoy deceiving Nigerians who have never been to South Africa before.

You are the majority but yet live like the minority in your own country.

1 Like

Re: Which country on the African continent is most developed ? by Lionessza(f): 7:42am On Mar 07, 2018
Funnyman:
Please dont dodge away from the discussion, my moniker has nothing to do with my post, this is not joke section. Show me your hard facts and I will take it from there. Nigerians are not Mozambicans, WE ARE BETTER THAN BLACK SOUTH AFRICANS. You people enjoy deceiving Nigerians who have never been to South Africa before.

LMFAO, I still think you are a comedian. Lol @ you are better . Sweety go look up your hdi and look at ours.

Your emotional rants aren't facts , they are just a display of your envy and frustration. Go read up on what Human development index is and stop embarrassing your nation. You guys are already known as country with more people living in abject poverty than any country in the world , you took over from Indians. Even the Mozambiqueans you are taking a jab at , aren't even close to you. 90 % of your country people drink water laced with shyt in 2018 , ? And you are saying what ? grin.

Show me the following to prove your " superiority" grin;

1. The percentage of both country's people with access to 24hrs of electricity.
2. The percentage of of people with access to water and sanitation in both countries .
3. The literacy rate of both countries.
4. The minimum wage of both countries.
5. The access to free good health care in both countries
6. Access to better transportation systems in both countries.
7. Who is more likely to walk on a dirt road? grin.

Please don't rant about Dangote , Sonyika and them.

Good luck and please no excuses grin.

5 Likes

Re: Which country on the African continent is most developed ? by Nobody: 8:27am On Mar 07, 2018
Funnyman:
He is right 100%. Black South Africans wished they were Nigerians. You only need to visit South Africa and see things for your self. I am currently doing a project on South Africa, I will post on nairaland when I am done.
Nigerians are looked down on everywhere they go.I don't if there is anyone who would admire such people

4 Likes

Re: Which country on the African continent is most developed ? by Jkay187(m): 10:56am On Mar 07, 2018
Funnyman:

Pic from the better people who are getting married in food grocer delivered to them by inferior South Africans

3 Likes

Re: Which country on the African continent is most developed ? by Daejoyoung: 11:53am On Mar 07, 2018
Jayceon:
Nigerians are looked down on everywhere they go.I don't if there is anyone who would admire such people
Oh come on, all the time I've spent in Europe, I'm yet to see the Nigerians who are being specifically looked down upon, since they are either students, doctors or competing for jobs.
lf Nigerians are so worthless abroad, why do we have so many doctors in the U.S, and why do we have the highest no of educated foreigners in the U.K and U S, this is a big lie.
l would even give you the link of a black American forum where they ask why the Nigerians succeed easily in America than even the black Americans, so spare me that bullshate.

1 Like

Re: Which country on the African continent is most developed ? by Jkay187(m): 12:50pm On Mar 07, 2018
Daejoyoung:

Oh come on, all the time I've spent in Europe, I'm yet to see the Nigerians who are being specifically looked down upon, since they are either students, doctors or competing for jobs.
lf Nigerians are so worthless abroad, why do we have so many doctors in the U.S, and why do we have the highest no of educated foreigners in the U.K and U S, this is a big lie.
l would even give you the link of a black American forum where they ask why the Nigerians succeed easily in America than even the black Americans, so spare me that bullshate.

While you at it there is also other statistics that shows there are more nigerians in EU/US/Asian jails than any other african nation.

Anyone who goes to another country will try he's best to secure his future we all know that in order to support he's family in he's native country its a fact.

What's so funny is that we are talking about africans who live in there countries and contribute inside their nations in order to uplift and develop it. If you are so better then others why don't you stay in your country of milk and honey.

Lastly I was in Italy for 6 days in Feb 2016 and you know what made me so ashamed was the number of Nigerian woman selling themselves on roadsides in broad daylight.

Stop thinking you are something special while we all know the truth is in your mass convergence at foreign Embassies to escape your BETTER THAN SOUTH AFRICA COUNTRY

1 Like

Re: Which country on the African continent is most developed ? by Daejoyoung: 12:57pm On Mar 07, 2018
Jkay187:

While you at it there is also other statistics that shows there are more nigerians in EU/US/Asian jails than any other african nation.

Anyone who goes to another country will try he's best to secure his future we all know that in order to support he's family in he's native country its a fact.

What's so funny is that we are talking about africans who live in there countries and contribute inside their nations in order to uplift and develop it. If you are so better then others why don't you stay in your country of milk and honey.

Lastly I was in Italy for 6 days in Feb 2016 and you know what made me so ashamed was the number of Nigerian woman selling themselves on roadsides in broad daylight.

Stop thinking you are something special while we all know the truth is in your mass convergence at foreign Embassies to escape your BETTER THAN SOUTH AFRICA COUNTRY
Well not all Nigerians are escaping, and there are of course many in the country making it better as well.
l am just against this narrative that Nigerians are looked down on abroad, an oft repeated fallacy.
Re: Which country on the African continent is most developed ? by Funnyman: 1:18pm On Mar 07, 2018
Jayceon:

You are very funny at the way you come at a conclusion. Nigerians are not the one being looked down on but blacks. It doesnt matter what passport you are holding, as long as you are a black outside Africa expect such stereotypes.
Re: Which country on the African continent is most developed ? by Funnyman: 1:19pm On Mar 07, 2018
Jkay187:

Pic from the better people who are getting married in food grocer delivered to them by inferior South Africans

The picture you posted means nothing to me. Shoprite is not the only grocery chain store we have in Nigeria. And it is even our generosity to allow you operate freely in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Which country on the African continent is most developed ? by Funnyman: 1:21pm On Mar 07, 2018
Lionessza:

LMFAO, I still think you are a comedian. Lol @ you are better . Sweety go look up your hdi and look at ours.

Your emotional rants aren't facts , they are just a display of your envy and frustration. Go read up on what Human development index is and stop embarrassing your nation. You guys are already known as country with more people living in abject poverty than any country in the world , you took over from Indians. Even the Mozambiqueans you are taking a jab at , aren't even close to you. 90 % of your country people drink water laced with shyt in 2018 , ? And you are saying what ? grin.

2. The percentage of of people with access to water and sanitation in both countries .

I am very objective and we never argue blindly. NIGERIA IS A DEVELOPING COUNTRY WITH ITS OWN PROBLEM I AGREE *BUT BLACK SOUTH AFRICANS ARE NEVER BETTER THAN NIGERIANS. I WILL PICK MY NIGERIAN HERITACGE OVER AND OVER YOU LOTS*

2 Likes

Re: Which country on the African continent is most developed ? by Lionessza(f): 1:32pm On Mar 07, 2018
Funnyman:

I am very objective and we never argue blindly. NIGERIA IS A DEVELOPING COUNTRY WITH ITS OWN PROBLEM I AGREE *BUT BLACK SOUTH AFRICANS ARE NEVER BETTER THAN NIGERIANS. I WILL PICK MY NIGERIAN HERITACGE OVER AND OVER YOU LOTS*

LMFAO, you sound like you are going to burst into tears any moment from now. You are posting HIV stats that are known by everyone to prove what ? Lol. I don't give a damn about your heritage . You posted earlier that the life if the average Nigeria is better than that of a South African. What i say ? NO EXCUSES !

2 Likes

Re: Which country on the African continent is most developed ? by Funnyman: 1:42pm On Mar 07, 2018
Lionessza:

LMFAO, you sound like you are going to burst into tears any moment from now. You are posting HIV stats that are known by everyone to prove what ? Lol. I don't give a damn about your heritage . You posted earlier that the life if the average Nigeria is better than that of a South African. What i say ? NO EXCUSES !

I am a busy man, I dont have time to type but my pictures will tell people situation on ground in SA. If I post my last experience in SA, some people might think I am being biased but I will let facts from different SA websites be the judge.

1 Like

Re: Which country on the African continent is most developed ? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Mar 07, 2018
Na wa o..... what do people gain by comparing 'shithole' countries??
Re: Which country on the African continent is most developed ? by Lionessza(f): 1:51pm On Mar 07, 2018
Funnyman:

I am a busy man, I dont have time to type but my pictures will tell people situation on ground in SA. If I post my last experience in SA, some people might think I am being biased but I will let facts from different SA websites be the judge.

LOL, I said answer my post , stop running around like a headless chicken. You said " THE AVERAGE NIGERIAN IS BETTER THAN THE AVERAGE SOUTH AFRICAN " Remember the thread is not about lifestyle diseases, it's about DEVELOPMENT , lol.

1 Like

Re: Which country on the African continent is most developed ? by Funnyman: 1:55pm On Mar 07, 2018
shervydman:
Na wa o..... what does people gain by comparing 'shithole' countries??

The point is not to praise Nigeria over South Africa but to let my fellow countrymen who have not being to South Africa know their blacks arent any better than Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Which country on the African continent is most developed ? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Mar 07, 2018
Funnyman:

The point is not to praise Nigeria over South Africa but to let my fellow countrymen who have not being to South Africa know their blacks arent any better than Nigerians.
Forget about it, it's not needed.
Re: Which country on the African continent is most developed ? by Centrifude(m): 2:06pm On Mar 07, 2018
Funnyman:
Re: Which country on the African continent is most developed ? by Centrifude(m): 2:06pm On Mar 07, 2018
Funnyman:

I'm a black South African, I'm very, very happy with my life in South Africa.

I can genuinely guarantee you that Majority of Black South Africans Mostly don't care or even know what the Capital City of Nigeria is.

Most S.A people are very ignorant to Nigeria and when you say Nigeria, the first thing that comes to their minds are Drug Dealers, Boko Haram, Bring Back our Girls, Internet Scams, oh jah and Nollywood and your Music Artists.

But in my 24yrs alive and being around Black South Africans who come from different backgrounds, I've never, ever heard a single one of them say that they wish they were like Nigerians.

I've heard people talk about wanting to move to Ghana, Kenya, Morocco, Algeria, Ethiopia...but never Nigeria.

I won't lie I do admit the fact that South Africans do love some of your products.. Like Movies & Music, and I for one find Nigerian women to be very attractive, I like some of your Music, I love this Forum that has given me a chance to communicate with Africans from other countries, BUT just because we like your products it doesn't mean we are jealous or want to be like you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which country on the African continent is most developed ? by Daejoyoung: 2:10pm On Mar 07, 2018
Centrifude:

I'm a black South African, I'm very, very happy with my life in South Africa.

I can genuinely guarantee you that Majority of Black South Africans Mostly don't care or even know what the Capital City of Nigeria is.

Most S.A people are very ignorant to Nigeria and when you say Nigeria, the first thing that comes to their minds are Drug Dealers, Boko Haram, Bring Back our Girls, Internet Scams, oh jah and Nollywood and your Music Artists.

But in my 24yrs alive and being around Black South Africans who come from different backgrounds, I've never, ever heard a single one of them say that they wish they were like Nigerians.

I've heard people talk about wanting to move to Ghana, Kenya, Morocco, Algeria, Ethiopia...but never Nigeria.

I won't lie I do admit the fact that South Africans do love some of your products.. Like Movies & Music, and I for one find Nigerian women to be very attractive, I like some of your Music, I love this Forum that has given me a chance to communicate with Africans from other countries, BUT just because we like your products it doesn't mean we are jealous or want to be like you.

l am a Nigerian, but l think you have spoken well.

3 Likes

Re: Which country on the African continent is most developed ? by Funnyman: 2:10pm On Mar 07, 2018
Lionessza:

LOL, I said answer my post , stop running around like a headless chicken. You said " THE AVERAGE NIGERIAN IS BETTER THAN THE AVERAGE SOUTH AFRICAN " Remember the thread is not about lifestyle diseases, it's about DEVELOPMENT , lol.

You claim to have water and good sanitation but your people still drink water like this

Re: Which country on the African continent is most developed ? by Lionessza(f): 2:13pm On Mar 07, 2018
Funnyman:

Lol, stop running around. You said Nigerians are better and I said address the issues that would prove that you are better grin. Still nothing ?

2 Likes

Re: Which country on the African continent is most developed ? by Lionessza(f): 2:17pm On Mar 07, 2018
Funnyman:

You claim to have water and good sanitation but your people still drink water like this

Dude , you can't post random stories I can't even verify are from South Africa. Show me my request below and stop picking up random stories .

2 Likes

Re: Which country on the African continent is most developed ? by Funnyman: 2:35pm On Mar 07, 2018
Lionessza:

Dude , you can't post random stories I can't even verify are from South Africa. Show me my request below and stop picking up random stories .

Everything you put up there SA is not any better than Nigeria besides the ELECTRICITY.

If Nigeria were to be the popation of South Africa, the electricity generated will be more than enough. SA is around 60 million while Nigeria is over 180 million people
Re: Which country on the African continent is most developed ? by Funnyman: 2:38pm On Mar 07, 2018
Speaking on literacy rate. People who can read and write does not translate to people who are educated. Nigerians are more educated than South Africans. Hardly, will a Nigerian settle for high school without furthering education to University level. Our challenge in figures come from Northern Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Which country on the African continent is most developed ? by Daejoyoung: 2:42pm On Mar 07, 2018
Funnyman:

Everything you put up there SA is not any better than Nigeria besides the ELECTRICITY.

If Nigeria were to be the popation of South Africa, the electricity generated will be more than enough. SA is around 60 million while Nigeria is over 180 million people
My man l agree with most of your points, but on this electricity issue, Nigeria has failed and population should not be used as an excuse when comparing with SA, because they generate way more electricity than Nigeria. Nigeria generates just about 7000 MW, we need to generate about 20,000 MW at least. South Africans generate about 40,000 MW(they use a lot for mining).
Re: Which country on the African continent is most developed ? by Lionessza(f): 2:44pm On Mar 07, 2018
Funnyman:

LMFAO, atleast now you've stopped fishing for random story. So you are ready to play numbers?.

I don't get satisfied with people's opinions , I belive in facts . So, to prove your point. Get me those stats from Nigeria only , I will bring you the numbers from SA . Deal ? grin. You were not so busy when you dug out stories from years back , so don't give me that excuse . Go dig up naija numbers and table them here .

Also include the electricity you generate .

Thank you in advance.

3 Likes

Re: Which country on the African continent is most developed ? by Lionessza(f): 2:49pm On Mar 07, 2018
Funnyman:
Speaking on literacy rate. People who can read and write does not translate to people who are educated. Nigerians are more educated than South Africans. Hardly, will a Nigerian settle for high school without furthering education to University level. Our challenge in figures come from Northern Nigeria.

Sweety , we know what being literate means and we know the importance of it. I will await proof all the things you claimed , please put it all in that one post . Whether North or South , we are talking about Nigeria and we know nothing about how you classify each other nor do we care.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gunmen Storm Ecuador Television Studio Amid State Of Emergency / Iran Captures Intruding US Drone Over Persian Gulf Waters / Oil Embargo Will Hurt Putin More Than EU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.