Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,043 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:13 PM

All You Need To Know About KIA - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / All You Need To Know About KIA (12020 Views)

How I Was Disgraced By A Kia / All-new 2017 Kia Cadenza Brings More Luxury And Refinement / Kia Motors Nigeria Partners With Uber (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All You Need To Know About KIA by VictorAB: 12:15pm On Jul 11, 2015
Sportage - N6.120m
Optima - N5.130m

exclusive of VAT

Prices as at July 1,2015

NL1960:

Thanks. So what is the price range for base Kia Sportage and base Kia Optima and also the price range for monthly repayment option from the banks.
Re: All You Need To Know About KIA by aaidel(m): 11:29pm On Jul 11, 2015
VictorAB:
Parking Assist is not a Safety feature.

We have a Kia Assembly plant in Nigeria -Apapa
A showroom Kia picanto does not come with parking assist. If a Nigerian wants a Kia Picanto with Parking Assist , LCD touch screen, sun roof, etc all that can be done at a premium.

seriously? tell that to your american sister company that lists it as that hmmmmm at a premium so basically what you are saying is that we pay extra for standard features?
Re: All You Need To Know About KIA by samir101ng(m): 7:14am On Jul 12, 2015
@aaidel,

I don't think your being reasonable in your arguments. Safety features like airbags, ABS, traction control, VAS, are things that you should be mentioning. And even these things don't come standard on every vehicle. Most modern cars have different trims or packages of the same model e.g LX, EX, EX-L for Honda's, L, LE, XLE, SE for Toyota's. Each trim or package of the same model year of the vehicle comes with different enhancements or comfort levels as standards. E.g All XLE & EX-L models come with Leather Seats and Sun Roofs as standard. This is not found on LX & L models. The same applies to those safety features you mentioned. Not all safety features come as standard on some models though there are some that are universally adopted like Seat belts, airbags, etc. The more expensive or higher the trim level of course the more features including safety ones it will have.

5 Likes

Re: All You Need To Know About KIA by aaidel(m): 8:29am On Jul 12, 2015
samir101ng:
@aaidel,

I don't think your being reasonable in your arguments. Safety features like airbags, ABS, traction control, VAS, are things that you should be mentioning. And even these things don't come standard on every vehicle. Most modern cars have different trims or packages of the same model e.g LX, EX, EX-L for Honda's, L, LE, XLE, SE for Toyota's. Each trim or package of the same model year of the vehicle comes with different enhancements or comfort levels as standards. E.g All XLE & EX-L models come with Leather Seats and Sun Roofs as standard. This is not found on LX & L models. The same applies to those safety features you mentioned. Not all safety features come as standard on some models though there are some that are universally adopted like Seat belts, airbags, etc. The more expensive or higher the trim level of course the more features including safety ones it will have.

am i being unreasonable to question why we get lower trims at higher prices this is the exact mentality that allows these companies to come in and fleece us go to the american, canadian and european website of the same kia and see what they have to offer in base trims and compare to the nigerian version then come back and we will talk

2 Likes

Re: All You Need To Know About KIA by samir101ng(m): 1:30pm On Jul 12, 2015
@aaidel,

Dude, calm down grin grin. Car Talk is meant for sharing ideas & knowledge. Not a bar room brawl. cool

Having said that, you are now shifting the goal post on your initial posts. You started off by complaining about limited safety features first on KIA cars and NOT about the prices of their trim/models. These are two different arguments. As always, we are all quick to make judgments. Price is subjective on so many factors. That is why before this recent foreign exchange issue, it was cheaper to import some cars into the country than buying locally here. The US and other advanced markets have greater economies of scale and incentives to operate a business than Nigeria. Am sure, VictorAB has posted here that they assemble their vehicles here in Nigeria. You will be shocked at the overheads incurred in running the factory that assembles these cars. That & other expenses of course will be transmitted down to the customer in the unit price of the vehicles. Yes, we can advocate for lower prices on these vehicles but we should also be realistic on the issues on ground facing these companies. Imagine the cost implication and the resultant crash in prices if all the GSM companies where to run off PHCN and not use their generators. These and other issues are the challenges that affect pricing here.

5 Likes

Re: All You Need To Know About KIA by aaidel(m): 2:34am On Jul 13, 2015
samir101ng:
@aaidel,

Dude, calm down grin grin. Car Talk is meant for sharing ideas & knowledge. Not a bar room brawl. cool

Having said that, you are now shifting the goal post on your initial posts. You started off by complaining about limited safety features first on KIA cars and NOT about the prices of their trim/models. These are two different arguments. As always, we are all quick to make judgments. Price is subjective on so many factors. That is why before this recent foreign exchange issue, it was cheaper to import some cars into the country than buying locally here. The US and other advanced markets have greater economies of scale and incentives to operate a business than Nigeria. Am sure, VictorAB has posted here that they assemble their vehicles here in Nigeria. You will be shocked at the overheads incurred in running the factory that assembles these cars. That & other expenses of course will be transmitted down to the customer in the unit price of the vehicles. Yes, we can advocate for lower prices on these vehicles but we should also be realistic on the issues on ground facing these companies. Imagine the cost implication and the resultant crash in prices if all the GSM companies where to run off PHCN and not use their generators. These and other issues are the challenges that affect pricing here.

dude you really are missing my point i for one am not advocating a reduction in prices i would rather buy a world class vehicle at a high price than a deathtrap at reduced prices what i take offense to is assembling inferior products for the nigerian market just because. so once more like i said its not hard to open four tabs and see whats on offer elsewhere and then ask the necessary question this is not about witch hunting anyone but rather letting these people know they can't keep selling us substandard products
Re: All You Need To Know About KIA by sultaan(m): 3:36am On Jul 13, 2015
VictorAB:
Parking Assist is not a Safety feature.

We have a Kia Assembly plant in Nigeria -Apapa
A showroom Kia picanto does not come with parking assist. If a Nigerian wants a Kia Picanto with Parking Assist , LCD touch screen, sun roof, etc all that can be done at a premium.

Please what is the address and the website of the Plant in Apapa?
Re: All You Need To Know About KIA by VictorAB: 4:00pm On Jul 13, 2015
sultaan:

Please what is the address and the website of the Plant in Apapa?

www.kiamotorsnigeria.com

Full address and Details on the website above
Re: All You Need To Know About KIA by samir101ng(m): 6:01pm On Jul 13, 2015
@aaidel,

grin grin Okay, Okay. Am googling. Sheesh !!

Okay here we go now:

1. Kia Motors USA

LX Starting MSRP: $13,990

http://www.kia.com/us/en/vehicle/rio-5-door/2015/features

2. Kia Motors UK

Rio '1' £10,145

http://www.kia.co.uk/new-cars/range/compact-cars/new-rio/specification/safety-and-security.aspx

3. Kia Motors Nigeria

₦1,980,000

http:///kia-rio-the-peoples-car-1646630

I decided to use the 2015 Kia Rio 5 Door as a baseline model to make your comparisons. I chose the LX trim which is the base model and looked through their features to see if there was any difference amongst the ones listed in the USA, UK and Nigeria. Sadly, I am unable to see any features listed in all the other LX's that are not included in the Nigerian version.

Kindly buttress your points further.

1 Like

Re: All You Need To Know About KIA by freesinzu(m): 9:24pm On Jul 14, 2015
VictorAB:
Hello,

My name is Victor, i'm KIA's Business/Fleet Manager (Abuja and North).

I am here to address all your questions and inquiry about the KIA brand.

Feel free to ask.
K
Re: All You Need To Know About KIA by slowshow11: 10:32pm On Jul 14, 2015
pls, do have the Quoris and Cadenza? what are their prices? thanks.
Re: All You Need To Know About KIA by aaidel(m): 5:20am On Jul 15, 2015
samir101ng:
@aaidel,

grin grin Okay, Okay. Am googling. Sheesh !!

Okay here we go now:

1. Kia Motors USA

LX Starting MSRP: $13,990

http://www.kia.com/us/en/vehicle/rio-5-door/2015/features

2. Kia Motors UK

Rio '1' £10,145

http://www.kia.co.uk/new-cars/range/compact-cars/new-rio/specification/safety-and-security.aspx

3. Kia Motors Nigeria

₦1,980,000

http:///kia-rio-the-peoples-car-1646630

I decided to use the 2015 Kia Rio 5 Door as a baseline model to make your comparisons. I chose the LX trim which is the base model and looked through their features to see if there was any difference amongst the ones listed in the USA, UK and Nigeria. Sadly, I am unable to see any features listed in all the other LX's that are not included in the Nigerian version.

Kindly buttress your points further.

lol alright if you say so but you know even in the days of slavery they had locals who acted as agent for the slavers since you do not see anything different then just keep to one side while those of us that do will ask relevant questions
Re: All You Need To Know About KIA by damuseron(m): 10:53am On Jul 17, 2015
How much does the Kia Rio automatic cost and what are the available options?
Re: All You Need To Know About KIA by jakigaga(m): 10:15am On Jul 21, 2015
Dear Victor

Kindly list all kia models and trims and associated prices because it is not available on the website.

It will be nice if you could list the trims for each model and engine size, auto or manual then the price.

Better yet you could add that feature to your website.

It's funny how na only for naija one cannot see the price of the car even if it's the starting price.

1 Like

Re: All You Need To Know About KIA by Gliding(m): 3:09am On Jul 23, 2015
What is the recommended gear oil for kia cerato 2005.
Thanks
Re: All You Need To Know About KIA by Viktor1983(m): 6:40pm On Jul 29, 2015
jakigaga:
Dear Victor

Kindly list all kia models and trims and associated prices because it is not available on the website.

It will be nice if you could list the trims for each model and engine size, auto or manual then the price.

Better yet you could add that feature to your website.

It's funny how na only for naija one cannot see the price of the car even if it's the starting price.
Re: All You Need To Know About KIA by Nobody: 4:25pm On Oct 08, 2015
Kai...Kia dey try oh! Lols grin grin grin

http://www.kiamotorsnigeria.com/model/cerato/

These made (assembled) in Nigeria cars are now very common on the road. All my company's official cars are now Kia. And i heard they go at only N1.9mil. Quite a good amount for a brand new ride. Very much worth the money i think then a Tokunbo at N1.2mil

Re: All You Need To Know About KIA by mexxy1(m): 1:44am On Oct 09, 2015
Op, cost of 2006 Kia K2900 engine please?
Re: All You Need To Know About KIA by tunlex01(m): 6:43pm On Oct 11, 2015
3doursdown:
Kai...Kia dey try oh! Lols grin grin grin

http://www.kiamotorsnigeria.com/model/cerato/

These made (assembled) in Nigeria cars are now very common on the road. All my company's official cars are now Kia. And i heard they go at only N1.9mil. Quite a good amount for a brand new ride. Very much worth the money i think then a Tokunbo at N1.2mil

Cerato does not go for 1.9m...only Kia Picanto goes for that price

1 Like

Re: All You Need To Know About KIA by aaidel(m): 1:28am On Oct 13, 2015
tunlex01:

you for allow am make e go buy na

1 Like

Re: All You Need To Know About KIA by Nobody: 5:51am On Oct 13, 2015
tunlex01:

So how much is the Cerato then?

Kia Picanto brand new car at 1.9 is a really good deal me thinks!
Re: All You Need To Know About KIA by chillex8(m): 3:40pm On Oct 13, 2015
3doursdown:

Without airbags undecided

Think again cheesy
Re: All You Need To Know About KIA by tunlex01(m): 6:25pm On Oct 13, 2015
3doursdown:

4.1m
Re: All You Need To Know About KIA by AJJ17(m): 6:11pm On Jun 20, 2016
Bro..abeg my kia rio 2009 engine is given problem .I had to ring it once...Now I am at cross road whether to sell the car or buy a used engine.What is your honest opinion ?...and if it's to buy a used engine ,like how much does it range between and where?.Thanks in advance
Re: All You Need To Know About KIA by rumenase(m): 9:46pm On Jul 28, 2017
VictorAB:
Hello,

Feel free to ask.

how much can I get Kia picanto 2015 or 2016............ throw a little light on them please
Re: All You Need To Know About KIA by Mboi2: 6:25pm On Jul 30, 2017
Hello guys, I'm thinking of buying a registered 2008 Kia Rio. What should I be looking out for like what Engine type or model is good for Nigerian roads.
Re: All You Need To Know About KIA by mhizdico: 4:11pm On Jul 31, 2017
SORRY to divert

Mission: To seek for a job
(admin/hr/P.A)
current level: NYSC completed,recent graduate.
skills: Good communication,highly organised,good team player,Competent individual .
sex: Female
Thank you.
Re: All You Need To Know About KIA by Mexzie(m): 10:07am On Apr 30, 2022
VictorAB:
Hello,

Feel free to ask.

Hi Victor,
Do you still work with Kia?
I have original parts to buy, where can I get them?
Re: All You Need To Know About KIA by rohteem03(m): 2:58pm On Feb 04, 2023
Hi Victor
I have a Kia Cerato 2014 Nigerian used but i noticed the bottom engine cover is no longer there leaving the base of the engine exposed. Is a replacement available at Kia center? If yes, what is the estimated price?

VictorAB:
Hello,

Feel free to ask.

Re: All You Need To Know About KIA by Temiloveblog: 10:04am On Dec 04, 2023
@VictorAB, please can I get your contact? I'm in Abuja I need help with my Nigerian used Kia Soul newly purchased.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Survive 10 Driving Emergencies / How Many Litres Of ATF Do I Require? / 5 Most Commonly Replaced Car Parts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.