Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,883 members, 7,817,598 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

How I Was Disgraced By A Kia - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How I Was Disgraced By A Kia (3677 Views)

Pls How Much Is The Inner Tie Rod Of A Kia Picanto? / Getting A Kia Sedona 2004.. Advice Needed / Buy A Kia Through Stanbic IBTC Finance Scheme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Was Disgraced By A Kia by MSItachi: 9:05am On Oct 16, 2016
I saw this on a friend's Facebook

[b]
As I borrowed a friend's 2010 Toyota Camry, feeling fly with my self as I have arrived (at least other drivers didn't know it wasn't mine) I was determined to show the world how fast my V6 368hp was, the fastest car in the world.
While cruising at 100km from Kubwa making my way to maitama this Sunday morning, I was dusting a lot of cars leaving them behind and it felt good, I even made mince meat of Benz E350, it didn't occur to me that if a driver is determined to race you then you will know car pass car.
Looking at my rear view mirror I saw this shark like car coming close, closer and then their it was, a Kia optima, I laughed, increased my speed to 120,this car didn't budge, 130, the car was on MA tail, OK no problem shebi you wan chichumchin at 150km/h, this car didn't budge, and the driver was determined to show me, now side by side, a little glimpse at the reckless driver gave me a shocker that would forever be a nightmare, a woman, my heart raced.
I needed to protect my self esteem and keep my Ego intact, I pushed my baby to 160km/h damning the outcome, moved to the middle Lane to make it easy to maneuver. At 180km/h the optima was backing down and I was already afraid, I consoled my self that I would have won if I could keep up my "ahead position" getting close to katampe where the Coca-Cola billboard was fixed near the turn off.
Checking my rear mirror and left side mirror, the optima was no where to be found, about to check my right, something swished past me, I was nearing 190km/h I didn't want to cross that cause the handling at that speed is suicidal but that cursed optima was going, going, going passed my targeted finish line and didn't wait to say good bye. I was lucky enough to see 2.0T hitched on the boot.
If you know you are the woman in this story, I have a W12 engine waiting to race you. If you are not afraid of the challenge, let's meet same day, same time I need to boost my ego back.
[/b]

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Disgraced By A Kia by ExpressBooking(m): 9:15am On Oct 16, 2016
2.0T engine you said. that T stands for turbo which is like a super charger to the engine. it is found also on Hyundai Sonata, Volkswagen Passat,Jetta,CC and Audi.
Re: How I Was Disgraced By A Kia by Collenshy2020(m): 9:23am On Oct 16, 2016
hmm speed challenge, okay remember life has no duplicate, you might be lucky today, no one knows tomorrow, peace.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Disgraced By A Kia by AsapKen(m): 9:27am On Oct 16, 2016
The devil is really using ur life to play gamble....I pity u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Was Disgraced By A Kia by Whizpeter(m): 9:32am On Oct 16, 2016
Now this was funny...
LadyMercedes this sounds like you.. Dunno if you drive a Kia tho..
Or was that Mrs. GAZZUZZ with one of the Kia??
Re: How I Was Disgraced By A Kia by 9jaBloke: 9:50am On Oct 16, 2016
First, car-racing is pointless; except u are in a competition. Racing someone you don't know on a Nigerian road, in a borrowed car is very dense.

Secondly you were up against a Turbo-charged 245 Horsepower performance car that can go from 0 to 63 mph (100kph) in 7.3 seconds and 0 to 93 mph (150kph) in 15.6 seconds...and u were driving what? a 2010 Toyota Camry??

You get luck say Muscle get balance.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Disgraced By A Kia by Nobody: 10:12am On Oct 16, 2016
Whizpeter:
Now this was funny...

Lol! No, I don't drive a Kia. I drive a Honda.

Also, I don't drive that slow. If I was the one driving that Kia, I'd have passed that guy in the blink of an eye.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Disgraced By A Kia by mejai(m): 11:30am On Oct 16, 2016
hmmn... toyota camry v6@ 368hp. who has my koboko? I know u meant to type 268. well n.a. turbo u dey race with. moreover, u get bad mind o.

a friend's car for buhari sake....

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Disgraced By A Kia by Readonee35L(m): 11:41am On Oct 16, 2016
Is this not Nurey's story??
I know this story belongs to nurey because of the w12 written under .
Nurey and Phaeton na 5and6

See as them plagiarize my friend story go put for Facebook they claim another person glory.
Hmmmm.
I think I will add that guy up on Facebook

Link to original post www.nairaland.com/3403318/see-why-should-never-drive
Gazzuzz abeg show.
angry
Re: How I Was Disgraced By A Kia by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:55am On Oct 16, 2016
Readonee35L:
Is this not Nurey's story??
I know this story belongs to nurey because of the w12 written under .
Nurey and Phaeton na 5and6

See as them plagiarize my friend story go put for Facebook they claim another person glory.
Hmmmm.
I think I will add that guy up on Facebook

Link to original post www.nairaland.com/3403318/see-why-should-never-drive
Gazzuzz abeg show.
angry

thanks Bro, I have show
Re: How I Was Disgraced By A Kia by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:56am On Oct 16, 2016
MSItachi:
I saw this on a friend's Facebook

[b][/b]

Re: See Why You Should Never Drive Your Car On Empty Tank by nurey(m): 2:15pm On Oct 12
I have a feeling this thread would ride to front page in a G-wagon Biturbo engine

If this makes front page, I will tell the story of how I was beaten by a mare I4 with my V6 3xxhp.

The story.
As I borrowed a friend's 2010 Toyota Camry, feeling fly with my self as I have arrived (at least other drivers didn't know it wasn't mine) I was determined to show the world how fast my V6 368hp was, the fastest car in the world.
While cruising at 100km from CMS making my way to oshodi this Sunday morning, I was dusting a lot of cars leaving them behind and it feels good, I even made mince meat of Benz E350,didnt occur to me if a driver is determined to race you then you will know car pass car.

Looking at my rear view mirror I saw this shark like car coming close, closer and then their it was, a Kia optima, I laughed, increased my speed to 120,this car didn't budge, 130, the car was on MA tail, OK no problem shebi you wan chichumchin at 150km/h,this car didn't budge, and the driver was determined to show me, now side by side, a little glimpse at the reckless driver gave me a shocker that would forever be a night mare, a woman, my heart raced.

I needed to protect my self esteem and keep my Ego intact, I pushed my baby to 160km/h damning the outcome, moved to the middle Lane to make it easy to maneuver. At 180km/h the optima was backing down and I was already afraid, I consoled my self that I would have won if I could keep up my "ahead position" getting close to iyanoworo where the airtel billboard was fixed on an island.

Checking my rear mirror and left side mirror, the optima was no where to be found about to check my right, something swish pass me, I was nearing 190km/h I didn't want to pass that cause the handling at that speed is suicidal the optima was going, going, going passed my targeted finish line and didn't wait to say good bye. I was lucky enough to see 2.0T hitched on the boot.

If you know you are the woman in this story, I have a W12 engine waiting to race you. If you are not afraid of the challenge, let's meet same day, same time I need to boost my ego back.
(Quote) (Report) 39 Likes (Like) 3 Shares (Share)

Ya friend is kwarupt grin
Re: How I Was Disgraced By A Kia by uboma(m): 11:56am On Oct 16, 2016
the post from Facebook made me laugh out really hard.

I get the feeling knowing that a lady is trying to outrun you while on the wheels.

grin
Re: How I Was Disgraced By A Kia by iyisco2001(m): 12:06pm On Oct 16, 2016
Whizpeter:
Now this was funny...

I swear, I was thinking same.
Mrs Gazzuzz doesn't look like one who could do that anyway.
I'll say it's Ladymercedes.

I also think nurey really is kin on daring the undareable.
I remember a thread he opened about buying a power bike
grin
*sarcasm
Re: How I Was Disgraced By A Kia by kingreign(m): 12:19pm On Oct 16, 2016
9jaBloke:
First, car-racing is pointless; except u are in a competition. Racing someone you don't know on a Nigerian road, in a borrowed car very dense.

Secondly you were up against a Turbo-charged 245 Horsepower performance car that can go from 0 to 63 mph (100kph) in 7.3 seconds and 0 to 93 mph (150kph) in 15.6 seconds ...and u were driving what? a 2010 Toyota Camry??

Wrong stats bro. That turbo is an evil car on steroids, don't think it can't kill that 3.5l V6 or a mid sized V8 N/A engine. It will eat up those engines for brunch.
Besides, that optima kia is a much more better drivers car than the Camry, its got a better chassis, bigger wheels that are spread wide apart and the whole car although big, long and wide, sits lower to the ground. This makes it a Camry nightmare.
Edited:

A Camry V6 2007-2011 is a good drivers night made, it handles horribly and the torque and power is way more than the light chassis can comfortably carry. I personally can't drive that V6 camry that fast cos it doesnt feel secure on the road, id rather do the i4.

Re: How I Was Disgraced By A Kia by 9jaBloke: 12:22pm On Oct 16, 2016
kingreign:

Wrong stats bro.

Your point??

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Disgraced By A Kia by Whizpeter(m): 12:26pm On Oct 16, 2016
LadyMercedes:

Also, I don't drive that slow. If I was the one driving that Kia, I'd have passed that guy in the blink of an eye.

Your Signature says it all!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Was Disgraced By A Kia by kingreign(m): 12:27pm On Oct 16, 2016
9jaBloke:

Your point??
Read my post again
Re: How I Was Disgraced By A Kia by 9jaBloke: 12:30pm On Oct 16, 2016
mejai:
hmmn... toyota camry v6@ 368hp. who has my koboko? I know u meant to type 268. well n.a. turbo u dey race with. moreover, u get bad mind o.

a friend's car for buhari sake....

U on point. It's either a typo or an exaggeration. Toyota Camry V6, 3.5L 268 HP max.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Disgraced By A Kia by Whizpeter(m): 12:31pm On Oct 16, 2016
iyisco2001:

I swear, I was thinking same.
Mrs Gazzuzz doesn't look like one who could do that anyway.
I'll say it's Ladymercedes.

I also think nurey really is kin on daring the undareable.
I remember a thread he opened about buying a power bike
grin
*sarcasm

It probably could be Nurey up against Mrs. GAZZUZZ and they/we don't know sef!! Lol
Re: How I Was Disgraced By A Kia by 9jaBloke: 12:32pm On Oct 16, 2016
kingreign:

Read my post again

I don't need to. U obviously didn't understand mine

1 Like

Re: How I Was Disgraced By A Kia by iyisco2001(m): 12:33pm On Oct 16, 2016
Whizpeter:

It probably could be Nurey up against Mrs. GAZZUZZ and they/we don't know sef!! Lol
But, that nurey guy though. grin
Anyway, I am waiting for the result of the rematch.
Remember to call Lagos emergency team beforehand.
Re: How I Was Disgraced By A Kia by Whizpeter(m): 12:40pm On Oct 16, 2016
iyisco2001:

But, that nurey guy though. grin
Anyway, I am waiting for the result of the rematch.
Remember to call Lagos emergency team beforehand.

Its certainly Nurey... Nurey is one of the few guys I know that have a W12 in their garage and he's so proud of that car (I think a VW Phaeton)!

He made a similar post about this here on NL, Readonee35L just dropped a link to the post above!

So the female racer is probably the only person we don't know!!

Hey Nurey, abeg halla me when its time for season 2, I wan come feed my eyes!!
Re: How I Was Disgraced By A Kia by oliidell(m): 12:46pm On Oct 16, 2016
9jaBloke:
First, car-racing is pointless; except u are in a competition. Racing someone you don't know on a Nigerian road, in a borrowed car is very dense.

Secondly you were up against a Turbo-charged 245 Horsepower performance car that can go from 0 to 63 mph (100kph) in 7.3 seconds and 0 to 93 mph (150kph) in 15.6 seconds...and u were driving what? a 2010 Toyota Camry??

You are so right. Don't mind the guy. How do you expect a regular camry to move faster than a performance car built for speed

1 Like

Re: How I Was Disgraced By A Kia by nurey(m): 1:37pm On Oct 16, 2016
It's my story that was plagiarized in a Nigerian way obviously.

The Camry is a 268hp not 3xx, it was typo error due to the andrelanin build up when I remembered that awful day, the Kia itself will remain itched in my memories Wine red, probably Yokohama tires due to the white transit circular line spin and that silver 2.0T

I don't own the W12 VW PHATEON I am just in love with it using it in Nigeria is like using the right car the wrong way
Re: How I Was Disgraced By A Kia by nurey(m): 1:40pm On Oct 16, 2016
oliidell:

You are so right. Don't mind the guy. How do you expect a regular camry to move faster than a performance car built for speed

Bros no be my fault I didn't know there was even a turbo engine used by kia/Hyundai. Bros I was using V6 Camry, I thought only the same year Accord V6 or Benz or Nissan would pose a challenge. When I saw 2.0T and am still at 190km/h and I couldn't even catch up, I just gave up
Re: How I Was Disgraced By A Kia by nurey(m): 1:49pm On Oct 16, 2016
LadyMercedes:

Easier said than done. Nah so them dey pass "rogue racer"
Re: How I Was Disgraced By A Kia by Kashif(m): 3:38pm On Oct 16, 2016
If the Kia packs 241hp, and its turbo charged, I wonder how it can outperform a NA 269 hp, if both drivers are evenly reckless. There is turbo lag in turbo charged engines. Again, doing 180km/h towards Iyana Oworo is suicidal. There is this small drop on the bridge, taking that right bend before the final approach, that could send you off at that speed.

Apart from engine power, the transmission/final drive plays considerable role.

That Kia is not a performance car.
oliidell:

Modified: After seeing Kingrein's post, I agree the Optima will give the Camry a run for its money!
Re: How I Was Disgraced By A Kia by amliftedhigher: 4:08pm On Oct 16, 2016
Na so I dey drive one day on cruise with my rx 300 na im Toyota solara drive pass me, I was driving @ 100km when I looked inside the car it was a beautiful woman I shake my head and say no let me try this my Lexus because I have not driven pass 120km before my brethren na so I push my accelarator down chase the woman, overtook her @ 140km and make sure she never pass me again.
Re: How I Was Disgraced By A Kia by sultaan(m): 4:21pm On Oct 16, 2016
I guess Kia will be the new vogue in Nigeria

Kia is the best selling brand in the US based on its very short history, the edge Toyota and Honda has right now is their long history of reliability

10 years ago they were giving them away for almost nothing now they sell more the Nissan.

If you add Optima and Sonata together they sell #3 midsize sedan after Camry and Accord

http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2016/08/usa-best-selling-cars-july-2016-sales-figures.htmlhttp://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2016/08/usa-best-selling-cars-july-2016-sales-figures.html
Re: How I Was Disgraced By A Kia by oliidell(m): 4:26pm On Oct 16, 2016
nurey:

Bros no be my fault I didn't know there was even a turbo engine used by kia/Hyundai. Bros I was using V6 Camry, I thought only the same year Accord V6 or Benz or Nissan would pose a challenge. When I saw 2.0T and am still at 190km/h and I couldn't even catch up, I just gave up

Lol. Yea car brands and engine sizes matter but some auto are designed for speed. 4th Generation Kia Optimas are Turbocharged race cars. Btw u shud drop that habit, I'm telling u from experience, it's fun but very risky.
Re: How I Was Disgraced By A Kia by nurey(m): 4:33pm On Oct 16, 2016
oliidell:

Lol. Yea car brands and engine sizes matter but some auto are designed for speed. 4th Generation Kia Optimas are Turbocharged race cars. Btw u shud drop that habit, I'm telling u from experience, it's fun but very risky.

keep me in your prayers bro wink

1 Like

Re: How I Was Disgraced By A Kia by emmaak2(m): 7:18pm On Oct 16, 2016
DOES TOYOTA HAS A TURBO CHARGE ENGINE ??

(1) (2) (Reply)

Innoson Motors ready to roll out the new IVM Ikenga / Let's See Your Cars or Dream Cars! / Audi A6 V8 Allroad Quattro Wagon Air Suspension

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.