Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:05 AM

WONDERS: Man Adopted Wife's SURNAME After Marriage. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / WONDERS: Man Adopted Wife's SURNAME After Marriage. (10067 Views)

My Wife Is A Good Woman But Hates Sex After Marriage / Woman Gives Birth To Twins 18 Years After Marriage. Photos / Life Before Marriage Vs Life After Marriage (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

WONDERS: Man Adopted Wife's SURNAME After Marriage. by caniva(m): 11:05am On Jun 11, 2015
I think it's high time we do something about this "CHANGE" we all are clamouring for.

Seems "CHANGE" has been twisted further and this time I can confirm it's MADNESS.

American actress Zoe Saldana has responded to criticism following her husband's decision to adopt her surname after marriage. It's usually women who take their partner's name - but are things changing?

Infact, to my surprise, it's not only one person...they are many of them and they even have the gut to defend their "good" reasons.
Link >>>> below

-A new wedding trend? The men taking their wives' names
http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-33085652

The question now is...Can you adopt your wife's surname?

Re: WONDERS: Man Adopted Wife's SURNAME After Marriage. by crackhaus: 11:45am On Jun 11, 2015
caniva:

The question now is...Can you adopt your wife's surname?
Not going to happen.

That's not Zoe Saldana in that pic.

2 Likes

Re: WONDERS: Man Adopted Wife's SURNAME After Marriage. by TV01(m): 12:22pm On Jun 11, 2015
crackhaus:

Not going to happen.
I'm afraid it has/is angry

crackhaus:

That's not Zoe Saldana in that pic.
No, it's Ben Martin (nee Coghill) - husband of Rowan - one of a new breed of men, who are taking their wife's surname.

The last of his name, forsaker of the bloodline, the kinship, ties, the culture and heritage of his fathers. A sign of the feminised, limp-wristed, males that these days pass as progressive and open-minded men - presumably a genital swap will be forthcoming

I's all over Cracky cry - feminism has triumphed. Lets find a cave somewhere, gather the troops and live out our time reminiscing about the good old days - when men were men and women made sure dinner was on the table tongue!

TV

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: WONDERS: Man Adopted Wife's SURNAME After Marriage. by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jun 11, 2015
Western civilisation seems to be coming to an end. Who's up next?

2 Likes

Re: WONDERS: Man Adopted Wife's SURNAME After Marriage. by lilmax(m): 1:12pm On Jun 11, 2015
Weak man

4 Likes

Re: WONDERS: Man Adopted Wife's SURNAME After Marriage. by 2CatWoman: 1:14pm On Jun 11, 2015
You guys are funny, you complain about western values and feminism yet most of you still choose to live there

Oya, what are you all waiting for?? Come home to make sure this kain abomination doesn't pollute us Africans wink .

13 Likes

Re: WONDERS: Man Adopted Wife's SURNAME After Marriage. by edwife(f): 1:42pm On Jun 11, 2015
I wouldn't even want that.... undecided

I have enough brothers who can keep my dad's legacy,i don't need more. undecided

4 Likes

Re: WONDERS: Man Adopted Wife's SURNAME After Marriage. by coogar: 1:47pm On Jun 11, 2015

American actress Zoe Saldana has responded to criticism following her husband's decision to adopt her surname after marriage. It's usually women who take their partner's name - but are things changing?

Re: WONDERS: Man Adopted Wife's SURNAME After Marriage. by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jun 11, 2015
Oh really? His life, His decisions, His business. cheesy

Waiting for men who can't afford three square meal a day OR live a luxurious life to invade this thread and call him WEAK. tongue

Anyway, I value my fathers' name and won't drop it for anything. smiley

17 Likes

Re: WONDERS: Man Adopted Wife's SURNAME After Marriage. by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jun 11, 2015
2CatWoman:
You guys are funny, you complain about western values and feminism yet most of you still choose to live there

Oya, what are you all waiting for?? Come home to make sure this kain abomination doesn't pollute us Africans wink .
[img]http://.net/thumbnail/1126.gif[/img]

Funny enough, 100% of them would prefer to live in UK & USA rather than Russia where homosexuality is abhored or their dearest Holier than thou hypocritical "Africa". grin

16 Likes

Re: WONDERS: Man Adopted Wife's SURNAME After Marriage. by coogar: 2:38pm On Jun 11, 2015
KevinDein:
Francistony kinda guys.... lol

aka real men mugus lmfao cool

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: WONDERS: Man Adopted Wife's SURNAME After Marriage. by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jun 11, 2015
GOD 4BID
Re: WONDERS: Man Adopted Wife's SURNAME After Marriage. by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jun 11, 2015
FrancisTony:
Oh really? His life, His decisions, His business. cheesy

Waiting for men who can't afford three square meal a day OR live a luxurious life to invade this thread and call him WEAK. tongue

Anyway, I value my fathers' name and won't drop it for anything. smiley

Dude I don't understand where you stand wit regards to this thread. Can u clarify a lil bit?

1 Like

Re: WONDERS: Man Adopted Wife's SURNAME After Marriage. by bamidele029: 3:47pm On Jun 11, 2015
As long as the 2 people involved are happy it's no big deal. Every marriage is different and no one rule applies to all marriages. Kudos to him for having the guts to do what he wants

8 Likes

Re: WONDERS: Man Adopted Wife's SURNAME After Marriage. by tpiadotcom: 3:56pm On Jun 11, 2015
some parts of Africa adopt the wife's surname.

3 Likes

Re: WONDERS: Man Adopted Wife's SURNAME After Marriage. by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jun 11, 2015
2CatWoman:

And this one is feeling smart now with this ignorant and foolish statement. Smh. Anything for "likes" I guess undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: WONDERS: Man Adopted Wife's SURNAME After Marriage. by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jun 11, 2015
KevinDein:
Francistony kinda guys.... lol

aka real men mugus lmfao cool

FrancisTony is either a female posing to be a man on Nairaland.. or he is gay. Either way, for someone claiming to be a man, he sounds way too pressed for "feminist activism".

17 Likes

Re: WONDERS: Man Adopted Wife's SURNAME After Marriage. by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jun 11, 2015
lolaredvelvet:

FrancisTony is either a female posing to be a man on Nairaland.. or he is gay. Either way, for someone claiming to be a man, he sounds way too pressed for "feminist activism".
Lolaredvelvet is either a male posing to be a woman on Nairaland.. or she is lesbian. Either way, for someone claiming to be a woman, she sounds way too pressed for "misogyny".

18 Likes

Re: WONDERS: Man Adopted Wife's SURNAME After Marriage. by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jun 11, 2015
FrancisTony:

Lolaredvelvet is either a male posing to be a woman on Nairaland.. or she is lesbian. Either way, for someone claiming to be a woman, she sounds way too pressed for "misogyny".

Lmao!! Someone's a lil defensive grin

On the contrary, a lesbian would actually be more in support of feminism. Think first before itching for a comeback. Bye girl.

13 Likes

Re: WONDERS: Man Adopted Wife's SURNAME After Marriage. by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jun 11, 2015
gregzone:

Dude I don't understand where you stand wit regards to this thread. Can u clarify a lil bit?

bamidele029:
As long as the 2 people involved are happy it's no big deal. Every marriage is different and no one rule applies to all marriages. Kudos to him for having the guts to do what he wants
Re: WONDERS: Man Adopted Wife's SURNAME After Marriage. by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jun 11, 2015
FrancisTony:

Hmm. Good for him, although I know he's family especially his dad will be very disappointed in him.
But I don't see any Nigerian man trying this shitt no matter how powerful the woman might be ,not even you OP
Re: WONDERS: Man Adopted Wife's SURNAME After Marriage. by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jun 11, 2015
gregzone:

Hmm. Good for him, although I know he's family especially his dad will be very disappointed in him.
But I don't see any Nigerian man trying this shitt no matter how powerful the woman might be ,not even you OP
Like I wrote up there, I won't do it.

His dad disappointed in him? That's if westerners care over petty things.
Re: WONDERS: Man Adopted Wife's SURNAME After Marriage. by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jun 11, 2015
lolaredvelvet:

Lmao!! Someone's a lil defensive grin

On the contrary, a lesbian would actually be more in support of feminism. Think first before itching for a comeback. Bye girl.
On the contrary, a gay has no business with feminism.

Infact, they are more chauvinistic and misogyny when compared to straight men.
1) Some straight men display chauvinism by showing superiority complex.
2) Gay men display chauvinism and misogyny by real hate towards women.

Think well before you type, dude/lesbian.

14 Likes

Re: WONDERS: Man Adopted Wife's SURNAME After Marriage. by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jun 11, 2015
FrancisTony:

Like I wrote up there, I won't do it.

His dad disappointed in him? That's if westerners care over petty things.
. Of course they do, they do care about their family lineage, that's why most of them go to extremes to trace their family origins.
The dude mentioned above maybe the adopted son of an LGBT couple for him to deliberately throw his father's name away.
Re: WONDERS: Man Adopted Wife's SURNAME After Marriage. by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jun 11, 2015
gregzone:
. Of course they do, they do care about their family lineage, that's why most of them go to extremes to trace their family origins.
The dude mentioned above maybe the adopted son of an LGBT couple for him to deliberately throw his father's name away.
Oh really? Your assumption(s), irregardless.

1 Like

Re: WONDERS: Man Adopted Wife's SURNAME After Marriage. by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jun 11, 2015
FrancisTony:

Oh really? Your assumption(s), irregardless.

Guy, you've stated your opinion which is that you won't drop your father's name for a woman. So why are you countering mine, why are you fighting for a cause you won't die for?

2 Likes

Re: WONDERS: Man Adopted Wife's SURNAME After Marriage. by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jun 11, 2015
shirazlova:

Nawa I'm not a dude o. you must be on your period or something..
Oh sorry! grin Just checked your profile.

Bye with your alternates. lipsrsealed

I know your main moniker, you finally garnered confidence to quote me with one of your alternates after I mocked your main moniker through Sholly's post. grin

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Which Other Food Can I Introduce To My Baby Of 10 Mths Apart From Indomie? / Should Parents Tell Their Kids How Much They Earn?? / Why Do Some People Maltreat Their Househelps?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.