Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,397 members, 7,812,166 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:22 AM

What's Your Opinion On Having A Joint Account With Your Spouse.? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's Your Opinion On Having A Joint Account With Your Spouse.? (651 Views)

Can You Have A Joint Account With Your Spouse? Please Give Reasons! / Moment Of Truth: Have You Ever Spied On Your Spouse's Phone? - Bamisepeters / Will You Let Someone Sleep With Your Spouse For N10m? - (See Responses) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your Opinion On Having A Joint Account With Your Spouse.? by englishmart(m): 11:10am On Jun 11, 2015
what's your opinion on the topic?

Can you have a joint account with your spouse ?
If yes, then why?
Re: What's Your Opinion On Having A Joint Account With Your Spouse.? by ArchEnemy(m): 11:12am On Jun 11, 2015
Noope
Let her have hers and lemme ve mine
Don't want unnecessary quarrels about money or spending

1 Like

Re: What's Your Opinion On Having A Joint Account With Your Spouse.? by Pineapp: 11:19am On Jun 11, 2015
What God has joined together let no account put asunder. Separate accounts all the way, we can have access to each others ATMs and pins.
Re: What's Your Opinion On Having A Joint Account With Your Spouse.? by Nobody: 11:19am On Jun 11, 2015
Negative tongue
Re: What's Your Opinion On Having A Joint Account With Your Spouse.? by Phonetikkks: 11:42am On Jun 11, 2015
Not particularly a bad idea although I don't fancy such.

Best option for me is, we retain our separate accounts while funding a joint account for the kids. Just a little more control for me, different marriages different dynamics.
Re: What's Your Opinion On Having A Joint Account With Your Spouse.? by englishmart(m): 12:27pm On Jun 11, 2015
Lalasticlala, can we get more opinions pls.? wink
Re: What's Your Opinion On Having A Joint Account With Your Spouse.? by FinNews: 12:57pm On Jun 11, 2015
@ OP It is not a bad idea and works for some people especially, if they are sincere to each other. Although, I do not like that idea so what we did was to open a family account and contribute monthly. You just need to figure it out with your hubby or wife.

However, I will advise that if one is married to a lazy person, gold digger or spendthrift please, have personal accounts.
Safeguard your tomorrow grin
Re: What's Your Opinion On Having A Joint Account With Your Spouse.? by blesoh(f): 2:34pm On Jun 11, 2015
If there is trust,but for me hell no,i dont want questions like"what are you using d money for" i dont ve patience for such questions.
Re: What's Your Opinion On Having A Joint Account With Your Spouse.? by pacino26(m): 7:05am On Jun 12, 2015
Pineapp:
What God has joined together let no account put asunder.
Separate accounts all the way, we can have access to each others ATMs and pins.

That's a good one, you just commented on my behalf.

I wouldn't want a joint account for obvious reasons especially as I wouldn't want to expose the family to financial insecurity. You know men can gamble millions on a business and......... I have this friend whom I modelled my relationship into, his girlfriend (now wife) was his back-up in everything from internet banking password, atm pin, laptop password everything that has to do not the guy the girl knows. Now that's what I call TOGETHERNESS.

Op, proceed to share all info buy keep seperate acc
Re: What's Your Opinion On Having A Joint Account With Your Spouse.? by pacino26(m): 7:06am On Jun 12, 2015
Pineapp:
What God has joined together let no account put asunder.
Separate accounts all the way, we can have access to each others ATMs and pins.

That's a good one, you just commented on my behalf.

I wouldn't want a joint account for obvious reasons especially as I wouldn't want to expose the family to financial insecurity. You know men can gamble millions on a business and......... I have this friend whom I modelled my relationship after, his girlfriend (now wife) was his back-up in everything from internet banking password, atm pin, laptop password everything that has to do not the guy the girl knows. Now that's what I call TOGETHERNESS.

Op, proceed to share all info but keep seperate acc

(1) (Reply)

Incredible Brave Mum:texas Woman Give Birth To 10-pound Baby In Moving Car / #throwback : President Buhari's Family ( Photo Compilation) / Are You Feeling Anxious About Having Another Child?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.