Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,227 members, 7,811,627 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:03 PM

Teaching Job Interview Tips - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Teaching Job Interview Tips (3849 Views)

What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job / Job Interview Tips - Job Interview Questions And Answers ( A Must Watch ) / 8 Reasons You Should Never Take A Private School Teaching Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Teaching Job Interview Tips by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jun 11, 2015
A friend of mine recently got invited for an interview in one of the best and foremost secondary schools in Nigeria. However, ever since the invitation she has been fidgeting because this is her first interview. She doesn't really know how to prepare or what to expect. They said she will be required to give a lesson and she also doesn't know how to go about that. She asked for my help but I lacked the proper experience in this jurisdiction so I am calling on Nairalanders with experience in matters such as this especially when it concerns getting an A-list teaching job with a very very fat pay. Please help us with your tips, experiences, expectations, dress code, or even a link or recommended book and virtually any other thing you can help with. Nothing is too small to help us with. Thanks in anticipation.

Cc
Lalasticlala
Re: Teaching Job Interview Tips by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jun 11, 2015
Please Ishilove, Seun, Lalasticlala, Tosyn2much, barcanista, unibenstudent, gconoms, unknownt, pstfrancis and other Mods and Supermods, I'll also appreciate your kind consideration and contributions.
Re: Teaching Job Interview Tips by LaurelP(m): 1:49pm On Jun 11, 2015
There are lots of things she needs to know. Let her Google: 1)How to prepare lesson plan 2)Teaching aptitute test questions 3)Classroom management 4)Micro-teaching

Btw, which A list school employs inexperienced candidates?
Re: Teaching Job Interview Tips by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jun 11, 2015
LaurelP:
There are lots of things she needs to know.
Let her Google:
1)How to prepare lesson plan
2)Teaching aptitute test questions
3)Classroom management
4)Micro-teaching

Btw, which A list school employs inexperienced candidates?
She just finished nysc as an assistant lecturer in a college of education. She has no experience with practical teaching. Thanks for your tips.
Re: Teaching Job Interview Tips by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jun 13, 2015
LaurelP has said it all. You could meet the tutors on the job sections.

(1) (Reply)

Which Job-holders Are The Most Arrogant?! / Please What Is The Difference Between CIBN And ACIB / Why Employers Are Saying Yes To CIMA Qualification

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.