Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! (86326 Views)

Drone Shots Of Aba Commercial City In Southeast Nigeria / Kigali, UN Most Beautiful City In Africa / Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by themodernman: 8:35am On Jun 12, 2015
ikrumalemonday:
Omoku in Rivers State enjoys same constant electricity supply.

Where ds Omoku? Is it also water-locked like Bonny? How's security there? What's d prospect of getting accommodation, land and a medical doctor job over there? Need to make a good choice. Thanx.
Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by themodernman: 8:55am On Jun 12, 2015
lamiobo:
seems no one has heard of Egbin, (estate) Ijede i lived there for over 20 years and there is 24/7 power. grin ...i grew up not knowing the meaning of UP NEPA wink

Is d place still having such electricity?
Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by LeSudAfricaine: 8:56am On Jun 12, 2015
RudzSA:
One gated community in the jungle and u ppl are celebrating ? Thers sumtin rong wit u ppl
ha ha ha!
Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by themodernman: 8:59am On Jun 12, 2015
Iffffffy:
Osogbo in osunstate enjoys same

Where in Osogbo? Are you sure??
Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by themodernman: 9:08am On Jun 12, 2015
VellyG:
IKot Abasi in akwa Ibom enjoys steady power supply .. Its the home to Ibom power plant.

Eheen?
Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by themodernman: 9:09am On Jun 12, 2015
VellyG:
IKot Abasi in akwa Ibom enjoys steady power supply .. Its the home to Ibom power plant.

How's accommodation, security & job opportunity there?
Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by themodernman: 9:19am On Jun 12, 2015
peedeeasobie:

Couldn't you have made your point without insulting the OP?
And to think that some people were busy liking your insulting post- SMH!

You should know Nairaland is a place full of clowns...if dem yab you yab back or better still keep quiet.
Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by Raxxye(m): 9:25am On Jun 12, 2015
themodernman:

I've sent you mail but you're yet to reply.
I've responded
Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by Raxxye(m): 9:29am On Jun 12, 2015
themodernman:

Where ds Omoku? Is it also water-locked like Bonny? How's security there? What's d prospect of getting accommodation, land and a medical doctor job over there? Need to make a good choice. Thanx.
Omoku is also in Rivers state. It's a land-locked and vehicles ply directly from Port Harcourt. It is home to Federal College of Education (Technical). That is the much I know about it. I've only been there twice or so.
Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by Raxxye(m): 9:39am On Jun 12, 2015
themodernman:

And I guess d accommodation you're talking about will be outside NLNG residential area. I hope the light there is d same 24hrs light. What about security hope no militants? Hope no flood? Can one swim in d waters around d island? Tell me d things i should be worried about.
NLNG residential area is strictly for their staff and the apartments aren't rented.
It is the Bonny town itself that I'm talking about.
The water all around Bonny is saltwater, so you decide if you want to be swimming around.

1 Like

Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by themodernman: 10:36am On Jun 12, 2015
Raxxye:

NLNG residential area is strictly for their staff and the apartments aren't rented.
It is the Bonny town itself that I'm talking about.
The water all around Bonny is saltwater, so you decide if you want to be swimming around.

Lols...but d bonny town itself enjoys light and is safe ba? And what of job opportunity.
Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by Raxxye(m): 10:50am On Jun 12, 2015
themodernman:

Lols...but d bonny town itself enjoys light and is safe ba? And what of job opportunity.
Job opportunities?
It's not much different from what you have in other parts if Nigeria!
When I talked about the light, I wasn't referring to NLNG RA. I don't live in the RA. I was sharing my own experience and what is obtainable in Bonny town!

1 Like

Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by themodernman: 11:38am On Jun 12, 2015
Raxxye:

Job opportunities?
It's not much different from what you have in other parts if Nigeria!
When I talked about the light, I wasn't referring to NLNG RA. I don't live in the RA. I was sharing my own experience and what is obtainable in Bonny town!

Okay, I'll try getting a Medic job there first.
Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by ColeworldMD(m): 6:35pm On Sep 01, 2015
themonk:
see as we dey broadcast just one city in nigeria with constant power supply, while the white man have resolved light issues since time immemorial. Sometimes i cant help but think the Queen left quite early.

Sad truth, u only need to look at south africa to realize undecided
Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by corpROYAL(m): 1:54pm On Sep 08, 2015
check okene located in kogi state. their light is stable compare to other city. l am talking from experience because, l have once live there.
Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by beatmonster(m): 5:20am On Jul 25, 2018
OzMingle:
Obunagha and Gbarantoru communities in Bayelsa enjoy far more than Bonny, courtesy of SHELL.
Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by beatmonster(m): 5:24am On Jul 25, 2018
lamiobo:
seems no one has heard of Egbin, (estate) Ijede i lived there for over 20 years and there is 24/7 power. grin ...i grew up not knowing the meaning of UP NEPA wink
Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by beatmonster(m): 5:25am On Jul 25, 2018
kalybaly:
There is a place in delta state Beniku, that enjoys this 24 hour supply as well. I have been there during my service year. Power cut off can only happen if they are fixing one thing or the other and the maximum period of time to restore their power was about an hour
Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by beatmonster(m): 5:28am On Jul 25, 2018
VellyG:
Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by beatmonster(m): 5:37am On Jul 25, 2018
mkoabiola:
Ikotun egbe ,ile iwe Synagogue area,
Dos in dat area knws wat am talling abt.
24/7 light
Bt houses are xpnsve dere even though say d area is crowded
Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by beatmonster(m): 5:44am On Jul 25, 2018
Raxxye:
Bonny could ring a bell in the ears of many as the town where the Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas(NLNG) plant is situated, but for those who do not know, it is an island by the coast of the Atlantic Ocean and one of the 23 local government areas of Rivers State, as well as home to the newly a established Federal Polytechnic of Oil and Gas.

The most remarkable thing about this town is that there is never power failure!
Yes, you heard well; Bonny residents enjoy 24/7 electricity supply all year round!

In my two-years stay in the town so far, the total time of power outage is less than 6 hours. Such outages are usually due to routine maintenance by the BUC(Bonny Utility Company). The residents hardly know how much kerosene or cooking gas sells for because they cook with electric cookers and power availability is guaranteed for their daily cookings.

My question is: if this could work in Bonny, can't this model be studied and replicated in other parts of Nigeria?

Cc
Lalasticlala

pls follow back, I just followed you

bros,

pls connect me on WhatsApp, I have some questions
Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by zoedew: 2:59am On Feb 19, 2019
How much of a challenge are mosquitoes � on Bonny � ?
Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by adekoroye(m): 2:50am On Jan 02, 2020
Lanre4uonly:
Nothing is impossible but only if our leaders will allow it to see the light of the day. Anyway, it is well.
[Quote author]=Adekoroye I think there are some powerful people behind this electricity trauma, because during campaign, they will boast as they will perform wonder, but getting there, the song of the day will be if you can't beat them join them.

1 Like

Re: A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! by rocken001: 8:15pm On Dec 22, 2021

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tuition Free Education In Sweden / King Air Jet Rams Into Fence At Lagos Airport After Brake Failure / 10 Best Countries To Immigrate By 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.