Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,935 members, 7,835,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

The New OLX Scam - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The New OLX Scam (606 Views)

Angry Citizen Puts NIGERIA Up For Sale On OLX Store (photos) / Found The Car Snatched Yesterday On Olx With Pictures / How Real Is OLX?. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The New OLX Scam by chukwumanj(m): 8:31pm On Jun 11, 2015
So I just got scammed with fake money. Thought I should share it with you guys. Just be careful with using OLX

*modified*
So I had a phone (Innjoo One) which I wanted to sell for 24K. This dude contacted me and was like he will be free at night around 7PM that he's coming from Ajah and we will meet at Tantalizers in Lekki Admiralty.
So we met at that area and it was sort of dark and he refused doing the transaction inside the eatery claiming that his brother was waiting for him inside their care parked near the bank where he just withdrew money from ATM. I can't believe I didnt suspect one bit, his explanation was spot on.
So that is how he eventually counted 24K and we exchanged the cash for the money, once this was done he just zoomed off to a bike that was waiting for him and 3 of them took off in the bike. That was how I looked down at the cash I was holding and decided to double check.
Re: The New OLX Scam by enoqueen: 8:48pm On Jun 11, 2015
Share everything pls, we are waiting.

What actually happen.
Re: The New OLX Scam by andyanders: 9:11pm On Jun 11, 2015
chukwumanj:
So I just got scammed with fake money. Thought I should share it with you guys. Just be careful with using OLX

How? let us know how.

(1) (Reply)

14 Years In Prison / Hoodlums Beat Journalist To A Pulp For Reporting Their Illicit Activities In Bad / Don't Open This Email! They Will Steal Your Money!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.