Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,825 members, 7,813,716 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:55 PM

Shehu Sani In Prison After He Was Given The Life Sentence (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shehu Sani In Prison After He Was Given The Life Sentence (Photos) (44305 Views)

MKO Abiola With Shehu Sani In Kaduna (1993 Throwback Photo) / Femi Fani-Kayode Out Of Prison After 24 Days In Detention / Kwankwaso Visits Shehu Sani In Kaduna Over Death His Mother. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shehu Sani In Prison After He Was Given The Life Sentence (Photos) by dainformant(m): 8:19am On Jun 12, 2015
From grass to grace. Shehu Sani may not be a household name in Nigeria but those who know his relevance to the society know that what he has passed through to get where he is and how much he has contributed to the society. He was a leading figure in the struggle for the restoration of democracy in Nigeria.

The former Boko Haram negotiator and hardcore human rights activist looked dapper during his inauguration into the 8th National Assembly senate few days back.

But the road to his glory had not been all rosy....he was arrested by former Head of State, Ibrahim Babaginda in 1993 for protesting against the June annulment elections of M.K.O Abiola in 1993. He was later released and rearrested again by former interim president, Earnest Shonekan for holding a pro-democracy rally. He was charged to court for Sedition and unlawful assembly. He was later granted bail.

Then ex-president Sani Abacha took over government. Senator Shehu Sani organized a mass protest against his government which made the military leader arrest him again -as he was taken to a Military Tribunal and sentenced to Life in prison for Treason. Sani and former president Olusegun Obasanjo even shared a cell together during the latter's prison sentence. He was released from life imprisonment when democracy was restored in Nigeria in 1999.

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.com/2015/06/photos-meet-new-senator-who-was.html

16 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Shehu Sani In Prison After He Was Given The Life Sentence (Photos) by Zaikon(m): 8:27am On Jun 12, 2015
SAI MAI GASKIYA... MAY GOD C HIM THROUGH

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Shehu Sani In Prison After He Was Given The Life Sentence (Photos) by Nobody: 8:29am On Jun 12, 2015
Zaikon:
SAI MAI GASKIYA... MAY GOD C HIM THROUGH
shut up, which God? my God or your god? terrorist

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shehu Sani In Prison After He Was Given The Life Sentence (Photos) by walexGodson(m): 8:29am On Jun 12, 2015
Well try

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shehu Sani In Prison After He Was Given The Life Sentence (Photos) by babadee1(m): 8:30am On Jun 12, 2015
googlepikin:
shut up, which God? my God or your god?

Do you have a copyright on God?

131 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Shehu Sani In Prison After He Was Given The Life Sentence (Photos) by Acekidc4(m): 8:32am On Jun 12, 2015
Ok Na
Re: Shehu Sani In Prison After He Was Given The Life Sentence (Photos) by Nobody: 8:36am On Jun 12, 2015
If Ibrahim Babamosi Babangida is IBB, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan is GEJ and Orji Uzor Kalu
is OUK What will Bola Ahmed Tinubu be.....

78 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Shehu Sani In Prison After He Was Given The Life Sentence (Photos) by Nobody: 8:39am On Jun 12, 2015
I hope he activates his activism in the senate, we need radical senators, let him team up with ben bruce

18 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani In Prison After He Was Given The Life Sentence (Photos) by jantofubu(m): 8:51am On Jun 12, 2015
googlepikin:
it seems u av brain touch... Wats d attack abt?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shehu Sani In Prison After He Was Given The Life Sentence (Photos) by rawtouch: 8:51am On Jun 12, 2015
The guy even had the luxury of changing clothes, and also tucking his shirts in his pants.....

Well people should not complain about prison condition again if these happen there, including having your own generators....
Re: Shehu Sani In Prison After He Was Given The Life Sentence (Photos) by akins56(m): 8:54am On Jun 12, 2015
Sai comrade !
Re: Shehu Sani In Prison After He Was Given The Life Sentence (Photos) by Crocz(m): 9:01am On Jun 12, 2015
He did all that and now he's with Saraki to manipulate the constitution and con others to rob them of their constitutional right.

Modified: Ignore my post pls

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani In Prison After He Was Given The Life Sentence (Photos) by kennydee05(m): 9:03am On Jun 12, 2015
Shehu Sanni the real deal.
Don't know why I love this man...

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani In Prison After He Was Given The Life Sentence (Photos) by alfonso36(m): 9:15am On Jun 12, 2015
smithsydny:
If Ibrahim Babamosi Babangida is IBB, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan is GEJ and Orji Uzor Kalu
is OUK What will Bola Ahmed Tinubu be.....
B.A.T

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shehu Sani In Prison After He Was Given The Life Sentence (Photos) by Orunto: 9:28am On Jun 12, 2015
Shehu Sani is rising. We shall pray he doesn't fall anymore.

3 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani In Prison After He Was Given The Life Sentence (Photos) by LAfricana(m): 9:38am On Jun 12, 2015
Wow, another dogged Nigerian who wouldn't take Know for an answer smiley

Dont Join them to look our common wealth o cool

cool Check my signature for international scholarships for nigerians, and latest happenings in AFRICA

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani In Prison After He Was Given The Life Sentence (Photos) by emmyagi(m): 9:38am On Jun 12, 2015
gt
Re: Shehu Sani In Prison After He Was Given The Life Sentence (Photos) by DjHypno(m): 9:38am On Jun 12, 2015
K AnneMomoh wherw are you ooo?
Re: Shehu Sani In Prison After He Was Given The Life Sentence (Photos) by Maczeelly(m): 9:39am On Jun 12, 2015
Okiez
Re: Shehu Sani In Prison After He Was Given The Life Sentence (Photos) by allanphash7(m): 9:39am On Jun 12, 2015
I thought its sanni abacha
Re: Shehu Sani In Prison After He Was Given The Life Sentence (Photos) by Built2last: 9:40am On Jun 12, 2015
He is one of the few senators Nigeria should look out for in the 8th assembly.

i look out for his tweets. He is intelligent and vocal

3 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani In Prison After He Was Given The Life Sentence (Photos) by Nobody: 9:42am On Jun 12, 2015
These are the kind of people that should lead nigeria...people who have struggled for the freedom of the nigerian people and not persons who were involved coup and other corrupt practices... angry

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani In Prison After He Was Given The Life Sentence (Photos) by LordMecuzy(m): 9:42am On Jun 12, 2015
Nice
Re: Shehu Sani In Prison After He Was Given The Life Sentence (Photos) by Nobody: 9:42am On Jun 12, 2015
googlepikin:

None of you have gods lol Don't fight over nothing.

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani In Prison After He Was Given The Life Sentence (Photos) by Matttthew(m): 9:43am On Jun 12, 2015
Ehya.....

Anyway I don't no what really went happened......

But I believe sinners will never go unpunished.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Buhari Lands In Washington DC To Meet With Donald Trump. Photos / Meet Tom Tugendhat Who Accused Gowon Of Looting Half Of Central Bank Of Nigeria / Election Tribunal: 15 Things Judges Should Consider – Pastor Enenche

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.