Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,356 members, 7,850,305 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:03 PM

3 Quick Ways To Curb Sibling Rivalry - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 3 Quick Ways To Curb Sibling Rivalry (431 Views)

Lovely Picture Of Sisters In Bridal Train For Their Sibling's Wedding / What Will You Do If You Find Out Your Spouse Is Having Sex With Your Sibling? / 3 Quick Ways To Curb Sibling Rivalry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

3 Quick Ways To Curb Sibling Rivalry by Abduletudaye(m): 10:08am On Jun 12, 2015
When there is family, there is love, there's life and there's hope. Sometimes it almost looks as if family is god but lets not mistake this over the Supreme one. We just love our families so much and when we say blood is thicker than water, a lot of people begin to understand the ties family has.

Personally speaking, i see sibling rivalry as a thing of the mind that goes awry when one develops in life. The emergence of sibling rivalry might or would be attributed as the fault of the parents because they would have the position to set up all corrective measures against this family menace.

Should sibling rivalry be ignored?: I remember as far back as year 2004 when my twin brother and i had to scuffle for almost everything. I mean, we had our own differences and all. Even till now, we still have lots of things that differ. I could vividly recall one time back in secondary school when we got into a fight because of what: Money. The whole hostel was surprised at the outcome of what started as just a sentence.

Anyway, when our parents got to know about this, they swung into action and took necessary steps to make sure that never happened again. We were still in the same school but more focus was on my twin.

Sibling rivalry is terrible. When it starts, you might not take it serious but when it gets out of hand, reality sets in.

How Should Sibling Rivalry Be Tackled:

Like i said before, its something dirty and nasty that starts up when younger ones don't know their right from left. It can start from taking your sisters/brothers piece of meat expressing a little greed but it should be looked into by parents because these things start small. Parents must pay attention to the nitty gritty about the children.

1. Isolation: This might seem a bit extreme but it will surely help.

2. Forceful Unity: Make the children at rivalry do work together and as time goes on, love between them will grow.

3. Equality: Parents should not heat up the rage of rivalry. They should always give them equal pocket money and equal quantity of food. Later in life, the one in rival may tend to point accusing fingers to the parents saying it was them who gingered the whole event.

I really hope sibling rivalry should be looked into and eradicated instantly because at the end of the day, it helps no one.

Source:www..com/three-quick-ways-to-curb-sibling-rivalry/

(1) (Reply)

Category Of ''I Don't Know What To Present!!! / Six(6) Types Of Slap / Awww, Cute! Dakore Akande Shares Intimate Family Portrait

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.