Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,966 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

16 Things You Should Never Say To Your Kids - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 16 Things You Should Never Say To Your Kids (766 Views)

5 Things You Should Never Say To A Child / Things You should Never Say To Your Wife / Common Phrases You Should Never Say To Your Kids That Can Ruin Their Lives. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

16 Things You Should Never Say To Your Kids by chrisandy100(m): 2:04pm On Jun 12, 2015
As much as we're tempted by our flesh to do so, we should not let these things come out of our mouths when speaking to our children. If you've done these, go back and apologize immediately:

1. "Why can't you be more like ... ?"

2. "Watch out! Go in the other room, you're just in the way."

3. "Will you please get to the point?"

4. "Stop crying. You're OK. Don't be such a wimp."

5. "Why can't you just get this?"

6. "You can't do this."

7. "Stop, you're embarrassing me."

8. "You're setting a horrible example."

9. "Don't bother me right now."

10. "I don't have time for you."

11. "Leave me alone."

12. "Stop or I'll give you something to cry about."

13. "Ugh. You're just like ..."

14. "I'm done with you."

15. "I give up."

16. "Well, I hate you too."

Our tone of voice and the way we phrase what we say can make all the difference. Instead of saying "You're setting a horrible example," the National Center for Fathering encourages you to find a way to rephrase it. Maybe "Think of the example you are setting for your younger siblings."

Source: http://www.charismamag.com/life/men/23501-16-things-you-should-never-say-to-your-kids
Re: 16 Things You Should Never Say To Your Kids by ammyluv2002(f): 2:07pm On Jun 12, 2015
Nice
Re: 16 Things You Should Never Say To Your Kids by Cutehector(m): 2:13pm On Jun 12, 2015
African mothers and abusive words!

1 Like

Re: 16 Things You Should Never Say To Your Kids by ladyteska(f): 2:21pm On Jun 12, 2015
these words really affect children,even though they do not let you know,it is silently eating them up inside...even grown ups too
Re: 16 Things You Should Never Say To Your Kids by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jun 12, 2015
I hate u too? Why should ur kid tell u I hate you d first place..

Will u please get to d point... Wat if u are hurrying to work. My mom tells me that, there is nothing wrong.

You can't do this... What if it's something dangerous? Nd he or she can't really do it.

You're setting a horrible example... Wat if the child is really really misbehaving.

Nd alot more.. Not hitting on your creativity. But nd I agree words hurt not only children. But parents shouldn't make kids feel like they can do whatever nd cos u are tryna not hurt them, you let them get away with it. Sometimes u gotta let them know that "Hey don't mess with me else I'll deal with u". Still nice article.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 16 Things You Should Never Say To Your Kids by mrwonlasewonie: 3:51pm On Jun 12, 2015
Chaiii I'm guilty of 9 and 11

I'll get back from work tired and hungry, wura will hug me kiss my forehead and I'll pull her away from me and yell at her to leave me alone. I'm not in the mood for all this and all of a sudden she'll withdraw to her nanny and start to cry .When I realise what I've done I'll have to beg her with a plastic of viju milk cry

some times too I can be a jerk of a mother embarassed
Re: 16 Things You Should Never Say To Your Kids by Iolite(f): 8:53pm On Jun 12, 2015
Blossom023:
I hate u too? Why should ur kid tell u I hate you d first place..

Will u please get to d point... Wat if u are hurrying to work. My mom tells me that, there is nothing wrong.

You can't do this... What if it's something dangerous? Nd he or she can't really do it.

You're setting a horrible example... Wat if the child is really really misbehaving.

Nd alot more.. Not hitting on your creativity. But nd I agree words hurt not only children. But parents shouldn't make kids feel like they can do whatever nd cos u are tryna not hurt them, you let them get away with it. Sometimes u gotta let them know that "Hey don't mess with me else I'll deal with u". Still nice article.

On point joor.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Habits Or Attitudes You Compromised Due To Marriage. / Life Is Beautiful; An Inspirational message For Everyone / Wife Crashes Her Own Funeral!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.