Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

NAACP Leader And Civil Rights Activist Outed As WHITE By Her Parents - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / NAACP Leader And Civil Rights Activist Outed As WHITE By Her Parents (2330 Views)

How My Pastor Ruined My Marriage - Civil Servant / I Think Someone Is Sexually Abusing Her. Is It Wise To Tell Her Parents? / Her Parents Wants To Cancel Their Wedding Because Of Church Denomination. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NAACP Leader And Civil Rights Activist Outed As WHITE By Her Parents by feedthenation(m): 5:25pm On Jun 12, 2015
An NAACP leader's parents have made a startling revelation: their daughter, for years a highly visible civil rights activist in Eastern Washington, is white.
Rachel Dolezal, Spokane's NAACP Chapter President and part-time Africana Studies professor at Eastern Washington University, has been misleading people about her ethnicity for years, her parents say.
Her mother even offered photographic proof. While today the 37-year-old divorcee currently sports tight, dark curls, her mom Ruthanne Dolezal showed KREM photos of the fair and freckled blonde daughter she once knew.
Dolezal is now facing a city ethics probe after she identified herself as black in an application to serve on a local police ombudsman commission - a position she secured.
'It's very sad that Rachel has not just been herself,' Ruthanne Dolezal told the Spokesman-Review. 'Her effectiveness in the causes of the African-American community would have been so much more viable, and she would have been more effective if she had just been honest with everybody.'
The Dolezals remain in Northwest Montana, where Dolezal grew up. It is not clear why they have now shared the revelations but Dolezal has previously said that she no longer has any contact with her parents. In articles in the Easterner, she claimed they were violent towards her.
But her father denies this and said that Dolezal cut off all communication with them and doesn't want them to be seen in Spokane 'because we're Caucasian', Buzzfeed News reported.

According to her mother, Ruthanne began to 'disguise herself' in 2006 or 2007.
Other than some 'faint traces' of Native American blood, Ruthanne said the family background is Czech, Swedish and German.
However, that's not how her daughter identified herself when she became chairwoman of Spokane's Office of Police Ombudsman Commission.
In her application for the volunteer appointment, Dolezal marked herself down as white, black and American Indian, reports the Spokesman-Review.
She has also previously claimed that her white father is her step-father. In January, a photo showing Dolezal and a black man on the Spokane NAACP's Facebook erroneously identified the man as her father.
On Wednesday, a reporter from KXLY confronted Dolezal a photo of her with the African-American man while on camera.
'Ma'am, I was wondering if your dad really is an African-American man,' the KXLY reporter asked.
'I don't understand the question,' Dolezal replied. 'I did tell you [that man in the picture] is my dad.'
'Are your parents white?' the reporter asked. Dolezal then removed her mic and walked away.
Reached by the Spokesman-Review, Dolezal answered questions about her ethnicity by saying: 'That question is not as easy as it seems... There's a lot of complexities … and I don't know that everyone would understand that... We're all from the African continent.'
According to her staff biography at Eastern Washington University, Dolezal received her master's degree from Howard University, a historically black college in Washington, D.C.
'Her passion for civil rights is influenced by her years in Mississippi, where she advocated for equal rights and participated in community development,' reads the bio.
She has taught multiple classes at the university, including one named 'The Black Woman's Struggle'.
'NOT TRUE': DOLEZAL'S MOTHER SHOOTS DOWN HER CLAIMS
In an interview with the Coeur d' Alene Press, Dolezal's mother shot down many other claims her daughter has made in interviews over the years. Specifically:
Dolezal's claim she was born in a tepee.
'Totally false,' said her mother. She and Dolezal's father once lived in a tepee but it was before Dolezal was born.
Dolezal's claim she once had to use bows and arrows to hunt for her own food as a kid.
Not true, says her mother.
Dolezal's claim she once lived in South Africa.
'Rachel did not even ever visit us there,' said Ruthanne, who lived there as a missionary.
Dolezal's claim her parents punished her 'by skin complexion' with a 'baboon whip' reminiscent of those once used on slaves.
'She is fabricating a very false and malicious lie,' Ruthanne said.
Dolezal's claim that Larry Dolezal, who is white, is actually her stepfather.
'Anybody who lives in the town of Troy or Libby knows that Larry is her father,' Ruthanne said.
Her parents back up the claim Dolezal attended Howard (she was awarded a Master's of Fine Arts at the school). She later moved to Washington D.C. and married her now ex-husband in 2000.
After moving to Idaho with her husband, he became violent towards her and their young son, she claimed in an article in The Easterner earlier this year. They divorced in 2004.
She told the publication that filing for divorce was a hard decision because she 'wanted to have sort of like a perfect record'.
The article adds that in 2006 she developed cervical cancer but was considered cured in 2008.
Around that time, she also took on the role as director of the Human Rights Institute and says she was also forced to deal with threats from white supremacy groups afraid of female power. They hung nooses in her home and stole from her, she claimed in the article.
She moved to Spokane in 2012 and has since used social media as an outlet for her frustrations about being a person of color in a very white corner of America.
A November 2013 post about the release of the film 12 Years a Slave, reads in part:
Probably not the best film to take a white partner on a first date to, just-sayin...In fact, over the years I have learned the only way to screen a Black-themed film in Whitopia (aka Idaho/Eastern Washington) is to: 1) arrive a little early so you have a choice in seating 2) sit in the top, back row so that if white people are inclined to stare, they have to turn all the way around to do it 3) sit in the top, back row so that during the movie people aren't constantly looking at you to monitor the 'Black response' to the film.
And in another post, along with selfies of her with a curly mane, the naturally light-haired Dolezal writes: 'Going with the natural look as I start my 36th year.'

As Buzzfeed notes, Dolezal's blog posts and interviews often reference her 'black sons'.
However, her mother told CDAPress.com that one of those boys is Izaiah Dolezal - who was, in fact, one of four African American infants Rachel's parents adopted in the 1990s, meaning the boy is Dolezal's brother, rather than her son.
Izaiah, now 21, has since gone to live with Dolezal and no longer speaks with his adopted parents.
Publicly available birth records, list her biological parents as Ruthanne and Lawrence Dolezal of Montana.
Her Eastern Washington University bio also says that Dolezal has been the victim of at least eight 'documented hate crimes'.
While in the position, Dolezal filed multiple police reports ranging from theft to harassment to the racially motivated hanging of a nooses in her home.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3121061/Local-NAACP-leader-professor-African-studies-outed-WHITE-parents-convincing-community-black-years.html
Re: NAACP Leader And Civil Rights Activist Outed As WHITE By Her Parents by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jun 12, 2015
I came here to create this thread but thank God, you already did.

Chile, from this

To this:
Re: NAACP Leader And Civil Rights Activist Outed As WHITE By Her Parents by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jun 12, 2015
I blame the one-drop rule ...........black twitter is going in! grin grin grin

[img]http://sites.ewu.edu/diversity/files/2014/05/Dolezal.jpg[/img]

Re: NAACP Leader And Civil Rights Activist Outed As WHITE By Her Parents by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jun 12, 2015
Re: NAACP Leader And Civil Rights Activist Outed As WHITE By Her Parents by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jun 12, 2015
She was claiming that this old man was her father,

Her real parents below:
[img]http://media.spokesman.com/photos/2015/06/11/rachel1_t400.PNG?fd5af0684d698ce74dd4392bafb4f89a6dc66ee3[/img]
Re: NAACP Leader And Civil Rights Activist Outed As WHITE By Her Parents by Shymm3x: 6:43pm On Jun 12, 2015
No serious minded black person takes NAACP seriously.

After the time of Dubois et al, and the subsequent hijacking of the organisation by the Jews - NAACP died and became a body for coons. undecided
Re: NAACP Leader And Civil Rights Activist Outed As WHITE By Her Parents by AAinEqGuinea: 7:08pm On Jun 12, 2015
Wanna be black so bad. grin thought we're so inferior. This happens a lot.

Lip injections:

Hair and tattoo aka tribal marks

Phat "unciviled" as§es

Must have been battling with white ppl's innate inferiority complex.

Shymm3x:
No serious minded black person takes NAACP seriously.

After the time of Dubois et al, and the subsequent hijacking of the organisation by the Jews - NAACP died and became a body for coons. undecided

I still pay dues. They offer scholarship to American minorities which I support
Re: NAACP Leader And Civil Rights Activist Outed As WHITE By Her Parents by Shymm3x: 7:20pm On Jun 12, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:
Wanna be black so bad. grin thought we're so inferior. This happens a lot.

I still pay dues. They offer scholarship to American minorities which I support

You mean the same organisation that did this:

NAACP Gives George Zimmerman Lifetime Achievement Award

The NAACP has decided to give George Zimmerman a lifetime achievement award.

In a statement released on its website this morning, the organization's Florida branch said it decided to honor the man who killed Trayvon Martin for his subsequent work at a local YMCA, where he gives free boxing lessons to underprivileged black youths.

“Everybody makes mistakes,”the statement reads, "and George Zimmerman certainly made a big one. However, since his acquittal on murder charges he has become a pillar of this community.

“The NAACP hopes this award will help heal the racial divide in our state by illuminating the fact that there is good and bad in everyone, no matter what their race.”

Zimmerman shot and killed an unarmed black teenager in 2012 while on neighborhood watch near his Sanford, Florida home. Although he claimed he acted in self-defense, it later emerged that he pursued Martin against the instructions of 911 dispatch.

http://dailycurrant.com/2014/05/02/naacp-gives-george-zimmerman-lifetime-achievement-award/

Only coons will take them seriously. The meagre stipends they give is basically a front to hide what the organisation is about - it's as useless as they come. They also do a lot of unnecessary Al Sharpton-esque race-baiting and that's a front for being informants. These folks don't care about the plight of black people.
Re: NAACP Leader And Civil Rights Activist Outed As WHITE By Her Parents by Shymm3x: 7:27pm On Jun 12, 2015
AAinEqGuinea

The same NAACP gave Donald Sterling a lifetime achievement award and was planning to give him a second one till the infamous racist rants - despite the numerous complaints from a lot of people about how racist he's. The same Donald Sterling who believes black people are more or less serfs, and both white folks and Jews are superior to.

NAACP won't award Donald Sterling

The interim president of the NAACP said Sunday morning that Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling will no longer receive a second lifetime achievement award that its Los Angeles chapter was going to give him next month.

orraine Miller made the announcement as a guest on NBC's "Meet the Press" on Sunday morning.

"If you're silent about this, then you are accepting this," Miller told the show's host, David Gregory. "And people have got to say that this is not good and do something about it."

This would have been the second time in six years that the Los Angeles chapter would have been given Sterling its lifetime achievement award.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/10847821/naacp-no-longer-giving-award-donald-sterling-los-angeles-clippers-owner
Re: NAACP Leader And Civil Rights Activist Outed As WHITE By Her Parents by AAinEqGuinea: 7:43pm On Jun 12, 2015
Shymm3x:
AAinEqGuinea

The same NAACP gave Donald Sterling a lifetime achievement award and was planning to give him a second one till the infamous racist rants - despite the numerous complaints from a lot of people about how racist he's. The same Donald Sterling who believes black people are more or less serfs, and both white folks and Jews are superior to.

I know.. undecided undecided undecided ...

As long as they keep offering scholarships.... plus my local branch will work favors for me when needed. As long as my local naacp branch keeps outreaching, I have to support them.

I donate to Shot97 / YouTube, home of the Hater who never sleeps... a YouTube show where blacks across the planet calls in to release their Hate. I donate to unsigned hip hop artists (illuminati-free artists) for their music.

Making it rain, brotha

1 Like

Re: NAACP Leader And Civil Rights Activist Outed As WHITE By Her Parents by msmee(f): 2:39am On Jun 13, 2015
NAACP is as outdated as the brown paper bag test.
Re: NAACP Leader And Civil Rights Activist Outed As WHITE By Her Parents by Skywalker5(m): 7:27am On Jun 13, 2015
i dont understand why she is receiving insult from the black community. She definitely has issues
Re: NAACP Leader And Civil Rights Activist Outed As WHITE By Her Parents by Stillfire: 1:01pm On Jun 13, 2015
She looks better black.

Other than some 'faint traces' of Native American blood, Ruthanne said the family background is Czech, Swedish and German.

Lol, not one single black blood.
People are saying if Bruce Jenner can pass off being female, she should be allowed to call herself black, lol.
Passing off someone else as her father must have been the last straw for her parents. I don't blame them.

(1) (Reply)

My Beautiful Baby Girl / She Squated Her Female Best Friend On Her Matrimonial Bed When Hubby Was Away. / Should I Share A Room With My Wife Or Live In Separate Rooms In The House?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.