Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,723 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:56 PM

Her Parents Wants To Cancel Their Wedding Because Of Church Denomination. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Her Parents Wants To Cancel Their Wedding Because Of Church Denomination. (2321 Views)

Zambian Girl Who Was "Buried" 2 Years Ago Walks Back To Her Parents' House / 22-Year-Old Girl Disowned By Her Parents After Being Released From Prison.Photos / Wife Catches Her Pastor Husband Having Sex On The Floor Of Church Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Her Parents Wants To Cancel Their Wedding Because Of Church Denomination. by chocolateme(f): 11:00am On Jan 20, 2016
They have done their introdutions and other things and fixed the wedding/traditional marriage to 3 (three) months time.
Yesterday my colleague at the office came Complaining bitterly to me that her parents especially her dad has insisted that that wedding will never take place unless the husband to be and his family converts to Catholics and that the condition for the marriage to go ahead including that the wedding must be at the catholic church. The guy attends Redeemed with his entire family.
I asked her if people of same religion can be talking about conversion and she said no. I asked her the difference between the two mentioned churches, she said nothing then I told her that her father is more interested in the chaplet and his status at the church.
Her fiancé's parents would not hear of it. Wonder if her dad didn't ask all these before receiving the bride price. Well she is in dilemma now.
Re: Her Parents Wants To Cancel Their Wedding Because Of Church Denomination. by Nobody: 11:05am On Jan 20, 2016
Then they should cancel everything cos I can't marry to a family where the girl's father will dictate to me.

5 Likes

Re: Her Parents Wants To Cancel Their Wedding Because Of Church Denomination. by jopretty(f): 11:07am On Jan 20, 2016
Na wa for some parenst oo...and after the wedding, will he still insist they continue being catholics?
Re: Her Parents Wants To Cancel Their Wedding Because Of Church Denomination. by jopretty(f): 11:07am On Jan 20, 2016
Na wa for some parents oo...and after the wedding, will he still insist they continue being catholics?
Re: Her Parents Wants To Cancel Their Wedding Because Of Church Denomination. by menix(m): 11:19am On Jan 20, 2016
I don't really know why people tend to believe you need ur parents blessing for ur marriage to be a blessing....

Wondering if moses, Joseph consented their parent before getting married.

The galz parent don't want their daughter getting married I swear cous that would be the last thing I will do..

Proverbs 18 vs 22 sayz a man who finds a wife finds good nd receives favor from the Lord.
With the above scripture, I don't see what role our parents ve to play...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Her Parents Wants To Cancel Their Wedding Because Of Church Denomination. by Nobody: 11:21am On Jan 20, 2016
chocolateme:
They have done their introdutions and other things and fixed the wedding/traditional marriage to 3 (three) months time.
Yesterday my colleague at the office came Complaining bitterly to me that her parents especially her dad has insisted that that wedding will never take place unless the husband to be and his family converts to Catholics and that the condition for the marriage to go ahead including that the wedding must be at the catholic church. The guy attends Redeemed with his entire family.
I asked her if people of same religion can be talking about conversion and she said no. I asked her the difference between the two mentioned churches, she said nothing then I told her that her father is more interested in the chaplet and his status at the church.
Her fiancé's parents would not hear of it. Wonder if her dad didn't ask all these before receiving the bride price. Well she is in dilemma now.

Ha ha the whole family?

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Wants To Cancel Their Wedding Because Of Church Denomination. by Nobody: 11:23am On Jan 20, 2016
undecided very strange,but can this be true?
Re: Her Parents Wants To Cancel Their Wedding Because Of Church Denomination. by jashar(f): 11:36am On Jan 20, 2016
cheesy cheesy cheesy some stories I hear are incredulous. grin

Na after introduction them know say the guy dey attend a different church baaaa?

We need more rational and enlightened Christians in this country. Too many religious and churchy folks about jare.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Her Parents Wants To Cancel Their Wedding Because Of Church Denomination. by chocolateme(f): 11:43am On Jan 20, 2016
andromida:

Ha ha the whole family?
maybe not for the guys parents to convert but to adhere to their condition, u need to see her yesterday. Very sad. I still insisted on knowing why her father went ahead in the first place, unles maybe they lied to him that her fiancé is a catholic.
Re: Her Parents Wants To Cancel Their Wedding Because Of Church Denomination. by Nobody: 11:53am On Jan 20, 2016
How can her dad dictate the church the couple should attend? The dad is totally wrong. Why did he even allow the introduction in the first place?

Church does not take anybody to heaven. Salvation is personal, the important thing is for you to be born again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Her Parents Wants To Cancel Their Wedding Because Of Church Denomination. by elderken(m): 9:29pm On Jan 20, 2016
Total rubbish. So what if he's not a Catholic. Must everybody be affiliated to same religious body. That Father deserve some FatherHood Grooming. Abi he no wish him daughter well?
Re: Her Parents Wants To Cancel Their Wedding Because Of Church Denomination. by yetseyi(f): 10:08pm On Jan 20, 2016
Where I come from the white wedding takes place in the brides church but after the wedding its expected that the bride will join her hubby's church.

Well I dont understand the convert to catholic part of the story.

Whats hard in solemnizing the couple in catholic church and attending redeem after marriage? What is also hard in solemnizing them in redeem and also attending redeem after marriage?

God will surely help us.
Re: Her Parents Wants To Cancel Their Wedding Because Of Church Denomination. by taryour(f): 10:23pm On Jan 20, 2016
chocolateme:

Go to the registry and wed. Whatever church you and your husband decides to attend after then is not your father business. If its not ok by him then he should go ahead and marry his own daugher. Afterall they will be wedding in catholic church and keep attending same church after thier union. Lobatan

3 Likes

Re: Her Parents Wants To Cancel Their Wedding Because Of Church Denomination. by Moana(f): 11:08pm On Jan 20, 2016
chocolateme:
we all know that a woman has to leave her church to follow her husband ( so long its not one of those end time churches grin ) her father should mind his own business
Re: Her Parents Wants To Cancel Their Wedding Because Of Church Denomination. by Qualer: 7:48am On Jan 23, 2016
Moana:
we all know that a woman has to leave her church to follow her husband ( so long its not one of those end time churches grin ) her father should mind his own business

i think they need to rub coconut oil on the father's brain!! quick fix!! grin grin grin
Re: Her Parents Wants To Cancel Their Wedding Because Of Church Denomination. by Moana(f): 7:57pm On Jan 23, 2016
Qualer:

i think they need to rub coconut oil on the father's brain!! quick fix!! grin grin grin
grin grin
Re: Her Parents Wants To Cancel Their Wedding Because Of Church Denomination. by sarutobie(m): 8:56pm On Jan 23, 2016
menix:
I don't really know why people tend to believe you need ur parents blessing for ur marriage to be a blessing....

Wondering if moses, Joseph consented their parent before getting married.

The galz parent don't want their daughter getting married I swear cous that would be the last thing I will do..

Proverbs 18 vs 22 sayz a man who finds a wife finds good nd receives favor from the Lord.
With the above scripture, I don't see what role our parents ve to play...
what a totally misleading and untrue comment. didn't that same bible say "honor your parents so that your days may be long on earth" as one of the ten cardinal commandments?

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Wants To Cancel Their Wedding Because Of Church Denomination. by prissyluv(f): 12:31am On Jan 24, 2016
sarutobie:

what a totally misleading and untrue comment. didn't that same bible say "honor your parents so that your days may be long on earth" as one of the ten cardinal commandments?

So if your parents are clearly misleading you,you will still honour them ba?

As par the topic,the dad really tire person ooo

2 Likes

Re: Her Parents Wants To Cancel Their Wedding Because Of Church Denomination. by sarutobie(m): 8:59am On Jan 24, 2016
prissyluv:

So if your parents are clearly misleading you,you will still honour them ba?

As par the topic,the dad really tire person ooo
yes you still honor them! as an adult you have the right to make choices in your life...I don't know about your parents though, mine won't mislead me.
Re: Her Parents Wants To Cancel Their Wedding Because Of Church Denomination. by stitcheD(m): 6:40am On Jan 25, 2016
She should ask her father why he didn't bring a Catholic to marry her. By the time she's 40 he'll start encouraging her to bring anybody home.
Re: Her Parents Wants To Cancel Their Wedding Because Of Church Denomination. by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jan 25, 2016
I wonder why I didn't see an issue here...
I will convert then the day after the wedding I will change..
Call it deception I don't care

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Her Parents Wants To Cancel Their Wedding Because Of Church Denomination. by NifemiOlu(m): 5:50am On Jan 26, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Her Parents Wants To Cancel Their Wedding Because Of Church Denomination. by Adaeze003(f): 6:19pm On Jan 26, 2016
andromida:

Ha ha the whole family?

I'm telling you, the man is just clowning around...
Re: Her Parents Wants To Cancel Their Wedding Because Of Church Denomination. by Acidosis(m): 6:32pm On Jan 26, 2016
The father is right. As a matter of fact, the girl and her father have the right to choose whatever church they wish to attend. However, the issue and the bad news bother on the fact that the guy was misinformed.

In the same vein, I believe the father wasn't properly informed before he got the dowry. The daughter must have lied knowing fully well that her family won't accept a non-catholic.

I'm a pentecostal, born and bred in a pentecostal family and I don't see myself taking a girl of a different faith to my family. In as much as I can cope with anyone, live, eat and dine with anyone, I do not see myself forfeiting my long accepted faith because of marriage/wedding. It is not worth it.

I have a sister who is married and happy, and I'm imagining if she had brought home a gurumahraji fanatic to papa and mama. They'd both be denounced and rejected. This is applicable to many people in Nigeria. Can Pastor Adeboye's son marry Zarah Buhari?

Can Buhari's daughter marry T.B Joshua's son?

Practically, the answer is NO. Thus, the man is right in his own right. Its left for the daughter to choose whether to continue or not.

She's not tied down or chained. She's free to go with her lover against her faith, her daddy and her family. Its a free world.

1 Like

Re: Her Parents Wants To Cancel Their Wedding Because Of Church Denomination. by Acidosis(m): 6:41pm On Jan 26, 2016
stitcheD:
She should ask her father why he didn't bring a Catholic to marry her. By the time she's 40 he'll start encouraging her to bring anybody home.

Are you a Catholic?

Be honest, would you happily give out your daughter to a "pastor" at Olumba-Olumba or a Cultist?

Look at the word - HAPPILY
Re: Her Parents Wants To Cancel Their Wedding Because Of Church Denomination. by prissyluv(f): 9:37pm On Jan 26, 2016
Acidosis:
The father is right. As a matter of fact, the girl and her father have the right to choose whatever church they wish to attend. However, the issue and the bad news bother on the fact that the guy was misinformed.

In the same vein, I believe the father wasn't properly informed before he got the dowry. The daughter must have lied knowing fully well that her family won't accept a non-catholic.

I'm a pentecostal, born and bred in a pentecostal family and I don't see myself taking a girl of a different faith to my family. In as much as I can cope with anyone, live, eat and dine with anyone, I do not see myself forfeiting my long accepted faith because of marriage/wedding. It is not worth it.

I have a sister who is married and happy, and I'm imagining if she had brought home a gurumahraji fanatic to papa and mama. They'd both be denounced and rejected. This is applicable to many people in Nigeria. Can Pastor Adeboye's son marry Zarah Buhari?

Practically, the answer is NO. Thus, the man is right in his own right. Its left for the daughter to choose whether to continue or not.

She's not tied down or chained. She's free to go with her lover against her faith, her daddy and her family. Its a free world.

I want to believe you didnt type this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Her Parents Wants To Cancel Their Wedding Because Of Church Denomination. by Acidosis(m): 9:47pm On Jan 26, 2016
prissyluv:

I want to believe you didnt type this.
Watapun? angry
Re: Her Parents Wants To Cancel Their Wedding Because Of Church Denomination. by NifemiOlu(m): 4:37pm On Jan 27, 2016
Acidosis:

The post said different churches not different religions.
Re: Her Parents Wants To Cancel Their Wedding Because Of Church Denomination. by Acidosis(m): 4:42pm On Jan 27, 2016
NifemiOlu:

The post said different churches not different religions.

Can Buhari's daughter marry a Shitte Bachelor from Zaria? Remember they're all Muslims.

I'm not a Catholic but I know pentecostals and catholics share different views about holy spirit, Mary and Christianity as a whole.

Marriage is beyond an employer-employee or a room mate relationship. In fact its not all about sexual compatibility. If both parties do not share same ideology and philosophy, they'll share terrible consequences until one party wish to compromise.

The issue however is: not everybody is ready to drop his religion and teachings because of marriage.
Re: Her Parents Wants To Cancel Their Wedding Because Of Church Denomination. by karbridals(f): 2:39am On Jan 28, 2016
Sometimes i wonder why people worry over what they know nothing about.has God ever come down to say this is the best church everyone shld be attending?

I keep saying everytime that a woman has no church untill she is married..even though im a catholic but the girl's family are wrong.u want to tell a man what to do in his own house?nomatter how young u think he is,u shld respect his opinions...u are indirectly teaching ur daughter how disobey her husband when they finally settle as husband and wife.

If the families are fighting this way now,how then will they be able to make good in laws?

Since the problem is which church to wed,I think they shld just go to the registry and wed,afterwards they can do their reception but incase they really want to wed in church,they lady shld follow her man to his church.

quote author=chocolateme post=42153422]They have done their introdutions and other things and fixed the wedding/traditional marriage to 3 (three) months time.
Her fiancé's parents would not hear of it. Wonder if her dad didn't ask all these before receiving the bride price. Well she is in dilemma now.[/quote]

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Men, Is This True? (pix) / Should She End Her Marriage? / Do Parents Know If Their Children Aren't Good Looking?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.