Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,224 members, 7,811,623 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:53 PM

ISIS Forces Girls To Recite Qur'an While Being Raped - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / ISIS Forces Girls To Recite Qur'an While Being Raped (1122 Views)

Man Sends Wife Packing For Moaning While Being Raped By Robbers In Lagos / Joy Odama's Death: Usman Adamu Invites Girls To His House For Sex - Cook / Cameroonian University Student Found Dead In Bush After Being Raped (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ISIS Forces Girls To Recite Qur'an While Being Raped by parisbookaddict(f): 9:38pm On Jun 12, 2015
Harrowing accounts of the sexual abuse endured by women and girls at the hands of Islamic State fighters are being recorded by a young Swedish-Kurdish activist living in Kurdistan region named Delal Sindy.

Of all the tragic accounts Sindy has encountered, the case of a 17-year-old Kurdish Yezidi girl we’ll call Suzan has drawn the most online interest. A Facebook post about Suzan’s experience has earned over 10,000 shares.

Suzan’s story is more than just a heart-breaking story of cruelty, slavery and sexual abuse. It also underscores the social stigma that follows some of the abused women for the rest of their lives.

Suzan was held captive by an ISIS militant known as Al-Russiyah. He kept several women as sex slaves until he was killed alongside his bodyguards by Peshmerga forces nearby Shingal.

“He lined the three of us up Unclad every morning. He would then choose who he wanted for the day,” said Suzan, who added that the extremist would smell each of the young women.

After the leader made his pick, the bodyguards would select from the remaining women for themselves.

“They were terrible. They beat me and would come at least two together,” she said.

In fact, Suzan wished to end up with Al-Russiyah because he didn’t hit the women as the others did.

“It was like choosing between death and death,” she said.

Prior to being sold to Al-Russiyah, Suzan was held in a hotel in Mosul called Galaxy. She described a building full of women and girls, all half Unclad or semi-Unclad.

“The day me and my 10-year-old sister were sold was the last day I saw my mother. I will never forget when she started crying and pulling her hair when they took us.”

She was later transferred to the ISIS stronghold in Syria, Raqqa, where there she and dozens of other women were examined to determine whether they were virgins.

“The virgins were taken to a room with 30-40 men. They lined us up and pointed who they wanted,” she said.

“I thought I might be lucky, I was not as beautiful as the others”

Soon, however, she was bought by a man from Chechnya who purchased her and two other girls in a matter of 10 minutes.

Suzan gave horrific accounts of daily rapes by the man’s bodyguards.

“They forced me to say things from the Quran during the time they did their actions, and if I didn’t they whipped me.”

On an occasion Suzan resisted, they burned her thigh with boiling water.

“They took us to one of the villages near Shingal. [Al-Russiyah] and his bodyguards were wounded when they fought against Kurdish soldiers. He died immediately and the guards also. That was when we fled.”

Some girls who ran back to ISIS because they were afraid. As Suzan said, “another girl who tried to escaped had her legs cut off.”

Suzan’s resistance led her to safety after three days.

“I do not understand why I escaped. I have nothing left. I wish they had killed me instead.”

Suzan’s father is dead and she has no information about her siblings or mother.

“What do I have to live for? I try to forget everything, but when I close my eyes I see them before me and I want to kill myself.”

In patriarchal societies and ultra-conservative families, some Yezidi girls still face uncertainty. This is a fact despite the highest Yezidi cleric urging families to accept and welcome women who had fled ISIS.

This is the case for Suzan. Her uncle threatened to kill her if he found out of that ISIS sexually abused her and “tainted” her honor.

To make matters even worse, Suzan is currently three-months pregnant.

“I don’t know what to do.”

http://rudaw.net/english/blog-27052015112437
Re: ISIS Forces Girls To Recite Qur'an While Being Raped by Sandydayz(f): 9:43pm On Jun 12, 2015
cry cry
What.a.sad.experience.for.her....
I.pray.God.gives.her.the.strenght.to.get.through.this
Re: ISIS Forces Girls To Recite Qur'an While Being Raped by Femiartalade(m): 9:45pm On Jun 12, 2015
angry this ISIS are 'visitors' in human skin shocked
jesus bet why
Re: ISIS Forces Girls To Recite Qur'an While Being Raped by richol(m): 9:55pm On Jun 12, 2015
hell awaits them

1 Like

Re: ISIS Forces Girls To Recite Qur'an While Being Raped by LaRoyalHighness(f): 10:01pm On Jun 12, 2015
This is sad.
Re: ISIS Forces Girls To Recite Qur'an While Being Raped by delishpot: 10:12pm On Jun 12, 2015
Its a curse to be born a woman in some cultures sha. And religions dont help maters too. See men of Islam sexualy abusing women and claiming they are rapping for their god.
Make I just no talk much this religion thing don tire me. No wonder people are losing faith in religion. Lots of questions left unanswered
Re: ISIS Forces Girls To Recite Qur'an While Being Raped by Maghan37: 8:55am On Jun 13, 2015
delishpot:
Its a curse to be born a woman in some cultures sha. And religions dont helo maters too. See men of Islam sexualy abusing women and claiming they are raping for their god.
Make I just no talk much this religion thing don tire me. No wonder people are losing faith in religion. Lits of questions left unanswered
D truth is dat islam even criticises sexual immorality more than any religion with severe consequenses. Pple just use religion 2 justify deir despicable acts.
Re: ISIS Forces Girls To Recite Qur'an While Being Raped by delishpot: 9:01am On Jun 13, 2015
Maghan37:
D truth is dat islam even criticises sexual immorality more than any religion with severe consequenses. Pple just use religion 2 justify deir despicable acts.

Yes, its consequenses falls heavily on the women. Not only in Islam o. So dont think I just want to bash Islam alone. Even customs and traditions fall heavily on women. Imagine the stupid uncle wanting to kill her for being rapped? How is that helping or giving any consequrnce to her rapist? Is the stupid fool not supposed to deal with tge rapist so that others will learn from his case? Rather thr cowards punish tgeir daughters for crimes commited against them. What stupid honour is he protecting? He is a disgrace to manhood. He could not protect his women from such evil yet he has tge guts to speak about honour. I am sure he ran into tge bush when his household was ransacked and his kins women carried away like piece of meat. He couldnt stand to deffend his family honour unto death. Stupid man.
Women sef nor dey help maters most times.

3 Likes

Re: ISIS Forces Girls To Recite Qur'an While Being Raped by Maghan37: 10:56am On Jun 13, 2015
delishpot:

Yes, its consequenses falls heavily on the women. Not only in Islam o. So dont think I just want to bash Islam alone. Even customs and traditions fall heavily on women. Imagine the stupid uncle wanting to kill her for being rapped? How is that helping or giving any consequrnce to her rapist? Is the stupid fool not supposed to deal with tge rapist so that others will learn from his case? Rather thr cowards punish tgeir daughters for crimes commited against them. What stupid honour is he protecting? He is a disgrace to manhood. He could not protect his women from such evil yet he has tge guts to speak about honour. I am sure he ran into tge bush when his household was ransacked and his kins women carried away like piece of meat. He couldnt stand to deffend his family honour unto death. Stupid man.
Women sef nor dey help maters most times.
U made sense, what u said about women bein victimised in most cases is true. In pakistan for instance it is customary 4 a family 2 give away deir daughter 2 settle a debt but on d average an average guy goes out of d way 2 appease women & they tend 2 not appreciate it.

(1) (Reply)

Lady Stabs Boyfriend In The Face For Not Liking Her Instagram Post Within 10 Min / Bingham University Robbery Attack / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.