Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:35 AM

My Siena 2000 And Fuel Consumption - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Siena 2000 And Fuel Consumption (2195 Views)

My People, Does AC Affect Fuel Consumption Of A Car? / Changing Oil Filter And Fuel Filter At Same Time / Bringing Power And Fuel Efficiency Closer To Factory Setup Of Your Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Siena 2000 And Fuel Consumption by fogechi: 5:53am On Jun 13, 2015
Hello people. I bought nigerian used siena amd I discovered the indomi was missing. The car sucks fuel alot.

Apart from the indomi, is there any other thing that will make the car suck fuel alot.

I need help cos I want to buy indomi
Re: My Siena 2000 And Fuel Consumption by lonelydora: 5:57am On Jun 13, 2015
What's indomi?
Re: My Siena 2000 And Fuel Consumption by fogechi: 6:16am On Jun 13, 2015
lonelydora:
What's indomi?

Its usually in the exhaust. Thats what d mechanics call it. I dont know the real name

1 Like

Re: My Siena 2000 And Fuel Consumption by Nobody: 6:28am On Jun 13, 2015
Probably the catalyst pot... You may also want to run a diagnostic on your vehicle, relieves you of unnecessary spending.
Re: My Siena 2000 And Fuel Consumption by lonelydora: 6:39am On Jun 13, 2015
fogechi:

Its usually in the exhaust. Thats what d mechanics call it. I dont know the real name

Maybe he's referring to the catalyst converter. Is there any orange light (check engine light or any other) on your dashboard? If YES, take the car for a scan and post the code here.
Re: My Siena 2000 And Fuel Consumption by Motolank: 6:42am On Jun 13, 2015
You don't need to buy the indomi, stop at my place I got a box, tongue

Pencil, envelope, end of discussion, discussion continue... who dey start the names self?
Re: My Siena 2000 And Fuel Consumption by autofixng: 6:45am On Jun 13, 2015
If d indomie (catalyst) is remove, u definitely consume more fuel as their is no back pressure within the exhaust system. U also need to run a scan on the car to check d fuel control sensors if they are still OK. Physical check of some parts on the engine should be well examine for leakages and exesive air intake into d system.
Re: My Siena 2000 And Fuel Consumption by fogechi: 7:20am On Jun 13, 2015
autofixng:
If d indomie (catalyst) is remove, u definitely consume more fuel as their is no back pressure within the exhaust system. U also need to run a scan on the car to check d fuel control sensors if they are still OK. Physical check of some parts on the engine should be well examine for leakages and exesive air intake into d system.

Thanks. I will look for where to scan the car today.
Re: My Siena 2000 And Fuel Consumption by nurey(m): 7:46am On Jun 13, 2015
with 4500 you can get a scanner that will scan ur vehicle and alo show u live feeds of ur oxygen and co snesors using torque pro as the sofware on ur smart phone. if u don't have time, ask gazzuzz here he will help you with a free scan and also do the repairs for a token.
Re: My Siena 2000 And Fuel Consumption by fogechi: 8:53am On Jun 13, 2015
nurey:
with 4500 you can get a scanner that will scan ur vehicle and alo show u live feeds of ur oxygen and co snesors using torque pro as the sofware on ur smart phone. if u don't have time, ask gazzuzz here he will help you with a free scan and also do the repairs for a token.

I just did scan now. They said its crank shaft sensor. They said it has to do with brainbox.

Pls advice
Re: My Siena 2000 And Fuel Consumption by lonelydora: 9:14am On Jun 13, 2015
fogechi:

I just did scan now. They said its crank shaft sensor. They said it has to do with brainbox.

Pls advice

It's not they said. Ask them to give you the code(s), and post it here.
Re: My Siena 2000 And Fuel Consumption by fogechi: 9:28am On Jun 13, 2015
lonelydora:

It's not they said. Ask them to give you the code(s), and post it here.

Am confused. The guy said no code. That the machine said is craftshaft sensor (permanent fault).. am tired. He charged 30k to work on it.
Re: My Siena 2000 And Fuel Consumption by boldx(m): 9:29am On Jun 13, 2015
Where is your location? call me if you are in Abuja for a scan so you can know the codes yourself. 07019122591. Has your thermostat been removed?
Re: My Siena 2000 And Fuel Consumption by lonelydora: 9:36am On Jun 13, 2015
fogechi:

Am confused. The guy said no code. That the machine said is craftshaft sensor (permanent fault).. am tired. He charged 30k to work on it.

No. If there's no code. I advice you take the car to another place. He wants to rip you off. How did he conclude on crank shaft sensor without a code? I smell something fishy.
Re: My Siena 2000 And Fuel Consumption by fogechi: 9:53am On Jun 13, 2015
boldx:
Where is your location? call me if you are in Abuja for a scan so you can know the codes yourself. 07019122591. Has your thermostat been removed?

Am in abuja. I wil call u now. The car also brings out black somke.

1 Like

Re: My Siena 2000 And Fuel Consumption by nurey(m): 9:55am On Jun 13, 2015
fogechi:

guy I use a 2000 sienna though it has no fault but I scanned a toyota Camry big daddy and what ever is wrong with it, the scanner will tell you even if it is crank shaft sensor, it will through a code and then interprete it for you telling exactly which sensor and position is bad. as someone has said, the guy wan rip you off. the engine of that car is one tough moda4ka, but once you allow a quack engineer to tamper with it, u won't enjoy the ride.
Re: My Siena 2000 And Fuel Consumption by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:28pm On Jun 13, 2015
nurey:

Who is givin out a free scan on my behalf? sad angry
Re: My Siena 2000 And Fuel Consumption by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:30pm On Jun 13, 2015
fogechi:

Pls advice

101percent wrong!! Contact chiebube in abuja he will scan and tell you exactly what is wrong with ur vehicle. 08034533668
Re: My Siena 2000 And Fuel Consumption by mechanics(m): 12:57pm On Jun 13, 2015
fogechi:

dats rite, to knw it beta visit any mechanic wrkshop dey wil show u.
Re: My Siena 2000 And Fuel Consumption by sagiru2: 1:00am On Jun 29, 2015
High fuel consumption and black smoke? possibly dirty MAF sensor, if so a scan will point to that. good luck.
Re: My Siena 2000 And Fuel Consumption by DGD1(m): 7:04am On Jun 29, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Who is givin out a free scan on my behalf? sad angry

presumption that you can do much more now
lolz
Re: My Siena 2000 And Fuel Consumption by dennywise: 1:07pm On Jun 29, 2015
Indomie is called the catalytic converter.It reduces fuel econonomy but not as the way the portray.
Re: My Siena 2000 And Fuel Consumption by dennywise: 1:09pm On Jun 29, 2015
Indomie is called the catalytic converter.Fuel economy is reduced if it is missing. but not as the way you portray.Check your injectors for possible leakage or over discharging of fuels.

(1) (Reply)

Please Help, Volvo Car And Toyota Corolla Which Would You Go For / Why Mercedes Benz Cars Sale More Than Other Car Brands In Nigeria. / Please, Is There Any MDX Or Pilot With 4 Plugs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.