Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,333 members, 7,815,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

El Rufai’s Special Adviser On Investment, Jimi Lawal Wanted For Fraud In The US - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El Rufai’s Special Adviser On Investment, Jimi Lawal Wanted For Fraud In The US (4134 Views)

Buhari Appoints Maryam Uwais Special Adviser / Buhari Appoints Babafemi Ojudu As Special Adviser Political Matters / EFCC Invites Kingsley Kuku, Jonathan’s Adviser On Amnesty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

El Rufai’s Special Adviser On Investment, Jimi Lawal Wanted For Fraud In The US by nigerianvenom(m): 6:38am On Jun 13, 2015
Jimi Lawal, a former Managing Director of the defunct Alpha Merchant Bank and newly appointed Special Adviser to the Governor of Kaduna State, Mallam Nasir El Rufai is a “criminal and fugitive” running from the law according to Omoyele Sowore, Publisher of online newspapers, Sahara Reporters.

Sowore, in an article published on Sahara Reporters on February 3rd, 2006 described Jimi Lawal as a fraudster who was wanted in the United States of America for fraud.

Lawal allegedly entered into banking and national prominence in 1988 when he became the managing director of Alpha Merchant Bank. Initially, he was hailed as the long-awaited banking whizz-kid needed to breathe some refreshing change into an industry rendered stuffy by some old, first-generation conservatives. Within seven months of commencing operations, Alpha Merchant Bank had posted a profit of N7 million. But Lawal’s sweet run was marred with a streak of scandals.

According to media reports, El-Rufai and Lawal have been known to be “some special kind of friends since 1991.”

In a statement by Governor El Rufai’s Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Samuel Aruwan, the Kaduna State governor on Thursday named Mr. Lawal as his adviser on Investment.

https://http://www.thebreakingtimes.com/el-rufais-special-adviser-on-investment-jimi-lawal-wanted-for-fraud-in-the-us-sowore/

Lalasticlaca, seun, barcanista, firefire, francizy, ishilove, ECOTERRORS,phockphockman
Re: El Rufai’s Special Adviser On Investment, Jimi Lawal Wanted For Fraud In The US by bunmioguns(m): 6:40am On Jun 13, 2015
Ghen Ghen

grin
Re: El Rufai’s Special Adviser On Investment, Jimi Lawal Wanted For Fraud In The US by greggles: 6:41am On Jun 13, 2015
This is serious! Didn't they do a background check on him? I'll wait to learn more on this because its an allegation for now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: El Rufai’s Special Adviser On Investment, Jimi Lawal Wanted For Fraud In The US by seunmsg(m): 6:42am On Jun 13, 2015
Nothing concrete in the above piece againt mrJimi Lawal. When you guys have real evidence of any wrong doing against him, bring it here and we will discuss it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: El Rufai’s Special Adviser On Investment, Jimi Lawal Wanted For Fraud In The US by fitzmayowa: 6:42am On Jun 13, 2015
I guess crime pays, you commit a crime and you get reward with a political appoint only in naija...SMH

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: El Rufai’s Special Adviser On Investment, Jimi Lawal Wanted For Fraud In The US by doublewisdom: 6:45am On Jun 13, 2015
This is a harmless question, Why are most Yorubas wanted outside Nigeria? Na setup? I don't understand. Kashamu and others come to mind.

9 Likes

Re: El Rufai’s Special Adviser On Investment, Jimi Lawal Wanted For Fraud In The US by doublewisdom: 6:46am On Jun 13, 2015
And infallible El' Rufai errs.

2 Likes

Re: El Rufai’s Special Adviser On Investment, Jimi Lawal Wanted For Fraud In The US by warrior01: 6:46am On Jun 13, 2015
Are they not all agents of 'CHANGE'? Everything about them reeks of fraud. God save us
Re: El Rufai’s Special Adviser On Investment, Jimi Lawal Wanted For Fraud In The US by Nobody: 6:52am On Jun 13, 2015
Why is everything about APCEE fraudulent and "propagandarous"

3 Likes

Re: El Rufai’s Special Adviser On Investment, Jimi Lawal Wanted For Fraud In The US by Emenahagos02(m): 6:52am On Jun 13, 2015
Ndi ochi angry
Re: El Rufai’s Special Adviser On Investment, Jimi Lawal Wanted For Fraud In The US by ramdris(m): 6:55am On Jun 13, 2015
So USA want us to send all our Politicians to them or what? angry. How come it's now they know all these people have a case to answer?

While am not supporting any illegal actions, I will advise those playing politics with issues like this to stop cos they are only helping to bring down our already battered image by portraying most of our Leaders as criminals.

E ma ta ara yin lopo!
Re: El Rufai’s Special Adviser On Investment, Jimi Lawal Wanted For Fraud In The US by attacker231: 7:07am On Jun 13, 2015
[s]
doublewisdom:
This is a harmless question, Why are most Yorubas wanted outside Nigeria? Na setup? I don't understand. Kashamu and others come to mind.
[/s]

Yeebhoe fool, You should be worried about your cursed brothers awaiting death sentence in Asia. Smelling bigot.

9 Likes

Re: El Rufai’s Special Adviser On Investment, Jimi Lawal Wanted For Fraud In The US by omenka(m): 7:08am On Jun 13, 2015
If they hadn't lifted the story from Sahara Reporter (by referencing Sowore), the story would have been totally false.

I just don't understand why people visit that blog- perhaps to check out the latest lie against the President/Government and have a good laugh?

There is simply no truth in anything published by thebreakingtimes, just like hopefornigeria, theguardiannewsusa and the rest of those PDP sponsored blogs.

Obanikoro's cup would soon be so full it would run over. smiley

Check this out in case you missed it: www.nairaland.com/2372253/thebreakingtimes-scandalous-antics

1 Like

Re: El Rufai’s Special Adviser On Investment, Jimi Lawal Wanted For Fraud In The US by arabbunkum: 7:17am On Jun 13, 2015
Two of a kind.

1 Like

Re: El Rufai’s Special Adviser On Investment, Jimi Lawal Wanted For Fraud In The US by Wildrage: 7:43am On Jun 13, 2015
It's only in Nigeria that thunder strikes the same spot multiple times. Jimi Lawal antecedent is well known to many Nigerians, he was a fugitive from the law for many years until el-rufai , as minister of fed capital territory, brought him back from Britain and engaged him as a consultant.

3 Likes

Re: El Rufai’s Special Adviser On Investment, Jimi Lawal Wanted For Fraud In The US by onyengbu: 7:55am On Jun 13, 2015
omenka:
If they hadn't lifted the story from Sahara Reporter (by referencing Sowore), the story would have been totally false.

I just don't understand why people visit that blog- perhaps to check out the latest lie against the President/Government and have a good laugh?

There is simply no truth in anything published by thebreakingtimes, just like hopefornigeria, theguardiannewsusa and the rest of those PDP sponsored blogs.

Check this out in case you missed it: www.nairaland.com/2372253/thebreakingtimes-scandalous-antics
I dont get you sir, are you now saying you confirmed it because SR was referenced?

5 Likes

Re: El Rufai’s Special Adviser On Investment, Jimi Lawal Wanted For Fraud In The US by omenka(m): 8:02am On Jun 13, 2015
onyengbu:

I dont get you sir, are you now saying you confirmed it because SR was referenced?
Absolutely. I'd be damned visiting that blog. We all know their antecedents. One day they say Buhari owns a N2.1billion mansion in Asokoro, the next day they criticise him saying he's worth N900million and must have lied trying to make us believe he borrowed money to acquire a nomination form from his party.

Look at the log of their stories the first poster in that thread I quoted referenced, aren't they just appalling?? 99% of their stories is an attack on Buhari or his family.

It is no surprise on PDP supporters present the forum with stories from the blog.

Why should I take such people seriously
Re: El Rufai’s Special Adviser On Investment, Jimi Lawal Wanted For Fraud In The US by funlord(m): 8:11am On Jun 13, 2015
grin

E don tay when this lawal man bin dey wanted! Even when el rufai was @ the BPE? Lawal must have him by the balls! Nothing dey happen cuz na naija we dey! Ask buruji kashamu 4 clarification!
Re: El Rufai’s Special Adviser On Investment, Jimi Lawal Wanted For Fraud In The US by dunkem21(m): 8:14am On Jun 13, 2015
lalasticlala, pls put this on FP .. ..
Breakingtimes, pls continue your expository work ..
We don't suffer for this change agents hands ..

4 Likes

Re: El Rufai’s Special Adviser On Investment, Jimi Lawal Wanted For Fraud In The US by Nobody: 8:22am On Jun 13, 2015
i love the breaking times

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: El Rufai’s Special Adviser On Investment, Jimi Lawal Wanted For Fraud In The US by onyengbu: 8:41am On Jun 13, 2015
omenka:
Absolutely. I'd be damned visiting that blog. We all know their antecedents. One day they say Buhari owns a N2.1billion mansion in Asokoro, the next day they criticise him saying he's worth N900million and must have lied trying to make us believe he borrowed money to acquire a nomination form from his party.

Look at the log of their stories the first poster in that thread I quoted referenced, aren't they just appalling?? 99% of their stories is an attack on Buhari or his family.

It is no surprise on PDP supporters present the forum with stories from the blog.

Why should I take such people seriously
Its true the blog is anti-Buhari just like Sahara reporters is anti GEJ.

Sahara reporters started like them and they have never stopped. People weren't taking SR serious at first because they just attack without confirmation until it appeared they got more funding and some of their stories started coming out true. I think breaking times is starting to tow the same line.

4 Likes

Re: El Rufai’s Special Adviser On Investment, Jimi Lawal Wanted For Fraud In The US by omenka(m): 8:46am On Jun 13, 2015
onyengbu:

Its true the blog is anti-Buhari just like Sahara reporters is anti GEJ.

Sahara reporters started like them and they have never stopped. People weren't taking SR serious at first because they just attack without confirmation until it appeared they got more funding and some of their stories started coming out true. I think breaking times is starting to tow the same line.
Ok, I could show you numerous anti APC articles published by SR, can you show me ONE published by this blog that is anti PDP or any of its bigwigs??

The blog is just too damn childish. If they wanna lie, at least they should do so smartly.

4 Likes

Re: El Rufai’s Special Adviser On Investment, Jimi Lawal Wanted For Fraud In The US by omazus: 8:50am On Jun 13, 2015
And imagine how his kinsmen turned the tread about his appointment into Igbo bashing tread.

quote author=doublewisdom post=34718356]This is a harmless question, Why are most Yorubas wanted outside Nigeria? Na setup? I don't understand. Kashamu and others come to mind. [/quote]
Re: El Rufai’s Special Adviser On Investment, Jimi Lawal Wanted For Fraud In The US by Nobody: 8:58am On Jun 13, 2015
omenka:

did you investigate the message before blabbing your bucal cavity about the messenger. APC and fraud are synonymous

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: El Rufai’s Special Adviser On Investment, Jimi Lawal Wanted For Fraud In The US by mekadinho(f): 9:06am On Jun 13, 2015
KADUNA HERE I COME, I M JUST WAITIN FOR US TO DECREE A BOUNTY ON HIS HEAD FIRST...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: El Rufai’s Special Adviser On Investment, Jimi Lawal Wanted For Fraud In The US by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:09am On Jun 13, 2015
BreakingTimes? #Leaves thread#

2 Likes

Re: El Rufai’s Special Adviser On Investment, Jimi Lawal Wanted For Fraud In The US by omenka(m): 9:21am On Jun 13, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
did you investigate the message before blabbing your bucal cavity about the messenger. APC and fraud are synonymous
Hmmm. Seen.
Re: El Rufai’s Special Adviser On Investment, Jimi Lawal Wanted For Fraud In The US by PentiumPro(f): 9:29am On Jun 13, 2015
Sowore of SR reporters Nigerians know, who is behind this Breakingtime?

1 Like

Re: El Rufai’s Special Adviser On Investment, Jimi Lawal Wanted For Fraud In The US by abduljabbar4(m): 9:31am On Jun 13, 2015
Isn't it breaking times? They are only angry that non of their sons was appointed in his govt

2 Likes

Re: El Rufai’s Special Adviser On Investment, Jimi Lawal Wanted For Fraud In The US by dunkem21(m): 9:36am On Jun 13, 2015
lalasticlala ..food don done.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: El Rufai’s Special Adviser On Investment, Jimi Lawal Wanted For Fraud In The US by NDPVF(m): 9:37am On Jun 13, 2015
[/s]
seunmsg:
Nothing concrete in the above piece againt mrJimi Lawal. When you guys have real evidence of any wrong doing against him, bring it here and we will discuss it.
OrlandoOwoh:
BreakingTimes?
#Leaves thread#
seunmsg:
[/s]hypocrite
Re: El Rufai’s Special Adviser On Investment, Jimi Lawal Wanted For Fraud In The US by PhockPhockMan: 10:21am On Jun 13, 2015
omenka:

If the news is against PDP member, will you be saying all these?
Now na morning, you haven't started crying .

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are Ibos Entrepreneurs Or Successful Criminals? Read..... / 6 People Buhari Will Never Go Against / See What Obasanjo Said About Ben Bruce-amcon Case (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.