Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,923 members, 7,817,703 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

(worries) I’d Rather Do Me - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / (worries) I’d Rather Do Me (380 Views)

15 Girls Benefit From ‘i’d Rather Be Self Made’ Project / Listen To Your Worries Without Being Judged..save Someone Now!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

(worries) I’d Rather Do Me by ehalliday: 8:46am On Jun 13, 2015
For most people, each day feels just like 'This.'

You wake up to the sound of your blaring alarm clock (isn't that the most annoying sound in the world!!)

You get up, grab your morning coffee or tea, shower, dress and eat.

You then waste a good half hour or more in mind-numbing traffic...

And if you're like most people, you then spend the best part of your day doing something that doesn't truly light you up. (But hey, it pays the bills, right?)

Then in the evening, you spend more time in more mind-numbing traffic on the way home.

Then you eat, watch a few hours of TV to try and relax and you go to bed, only to wake up a few hours later and start it all over again!

This is how most of us spend this precious gift called Life.

Day in, day out. Living depressed.

Weeks, months and years go by... and before you know it, your best years are already behind you.

And as you look back, you wonder 'What the heck happened?'

But what if it doesn't have to be this way?

What if there was an alternative.

I’ve been thinking! I would rather have peace than have joy.

I’d rather be able to look at the man in the mirror and like what I see.

I’d rather be able to crawl up in bed and hug myself and fall asleep loving me.

I’d rather wake up in the morning and kiss myself!

I’d rather do 100% things aligned with my passions RIGHT HERE AND NOW!!

One that gives me the ability to travel, spend more time with the people you love and give back to the world!

Sound like a pipe dream? Maybe…or not.

The truth is, this is not out of your reach at all!!

Life is after your mind. The fight is in your mind!

Source: http://ehalliday.com/id-rather-do-me/

(1) (Reply)

OPEN: Orange African Social Venture Prize 2015 / Managing Fleet For Profitability / Make More Money While Improving Your Career

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.