Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,767 members, 7,831,464 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

International Albinism Awareness Day. Advice To People Living With Albinism. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / International Albinism Awareness Day. Advice To People Living With Albinism. (438 Views)

Desmond Elliot Donates Tricycles To People Of Surulere Constituency [PICS] / Tekno Giving Out N5Million On Twitter To People With School Fees Issues And SMEs / Olajumoke Spotted Sharing Bread & Butter To People On The Street(pics,video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

International Albinism Awareness Day. Advice To People Living With Albinism. by Nobody: 9:21am On Jun 13, 2015
International Albinism Awareness Day is observed on June 13th every year. Its main aim is to support albino patients and discrimination against people with albinism, particularly in Africa.

In popular culture, albinism has been portrayed negatively resulting to the reinforcement of societal prejudice and discrimination against albinistic people. I personally have been discriminated against many times.

In real life, albinistic people are not only socially persecuted because of their traits but also physically abused because of folklore, legends and Myths.

Even if albinistic people are socially ridiculed as maladjusted and under socialized people, there are some of them who have gained fame because of showcasing their talents to the public. They are also actively involved in educating the public about the right way of looking at albinism. I'm proud to be one of them.
My advice to all albinos who's been subjects of discrimination. Live your normal life. It doesn't matter the color of your skin. Stand up for yourself, love yourself and trust me, others will. Don't live in the pity party.
I've had a lot of pitiable encounters in the past, but not anymore, because I stood up for myself and I knew what I want because God doesn't make mistakes.
Keep your head up, protect yourself and always try as much as possible to stay off the sun.

Say NO to discrimination against people with albinism.

Y'all Have a great weekend.

1 Like

Re: International Albinism Awareness Day. Advice To People Living With Albinism. by Tolexander: 9:46am On Jun 13, 2015
To everyone living with Albinism:

Success is not a function of the melanin content of the skin.

If success is a function of the melanin content of the skin, Africa will be the most developed continent in the world.

Live the life like a live match that everyone likes to see and not like a lifer condemned for life.

(1) (Reply)

Emmanuel Adebayor Dropped As Captain Of Togolese National Team / Life Changing Entertainment Presents: “bloggers Night Shut Down III” / P. Diddy Arrested For Assaulting Son’s Baseball Coach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.