Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,645 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds - Agriculture (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds (142236 Views)

My 2,000 Broiler Production Cycle / Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures / My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by omo17(m): 1:23pm On Jun 07, 2016
jay7:

Yes 80k can raise 100 broiler birds including the drugs and vaccination if you adopt a proper management Provided you already have a building but mind you it is for 8 weeks that's 56days
Tanks. Nd yes i already av a building .
Pls wat average weight can i achieve within dat 8 weeks with dat budget nd proper management.tanks
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by jay7(m): 10:28pm On Jun 07, 2016
omo17:

Tanks. Nd yes i already av a building .
Pls wat average weight can i achieve within dat 8 weeks with dat budget nd proper management.tanks

2.5kg and above that's if you feed them well and give the birds a clean environment (100 birds should eat 7 bags of starter diet and 13 to 14 bags of finisher diet for 8 weeks ) you vaccinate against Newcastle disease and Infectious Bursal Disease twice, buy coccidiostat, antibiotics and drugs like vitalyte e.t.c.

1 Like

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by omo17(m): 10:33pm On Jun 07, 2016
jay7:

2.5kg and above that's if you feed them well and give the birds a clean environment (100 birds should eat 7 bags of starter diet and 13 to 14 bags of finisher diet for 8 weeks ) you vaccinate against Newcastle disease and Infectious Bursal Disease twice, buy coccidiostat, antibiotics and drugs like vitalyte e.t.c.

Tanks for dis info,pls can u tell me d price of starter nd finisher? Hp my question is not too much, I will contact you as soon as i start, God bless you nd everybody.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by eddyline(m): 2:59am On Jun 09, 2016
jay 7. kindly give me the vaccine schedule for pullets. thanks
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Goldenboy842(m): 2:58pm On Jun 10, 2016
omokoladele:
OP na God go bless u for this

Am Learning alot!

God bless you too bro. Wis you the best.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Festus0085(m): 1:54am On Jun 13, 2016
Wao...so Educative.... May God bless you all for touching lives with this....

Pls. I reside in Ikorodu, where can I get hatchery in ikorodu, or better still, where can I get a day old chick in Ikorodu.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by corpROYAL(m): 11:50am On Jun 13, 2016
Do you know any poultry farm where l can get or buy egg in large quantity and sizeable around abuja / nasarawa state.
If you have any vital information as regard to this kindly respond. Thanks
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by jay7(m): 4:58pm On Jun 13, 2016
eddyline:
jay 7. kindly give me the vaccine schedule for pullets. thanks

Contact me on whatsapp with 08070872196
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by jay7(m): 8:30pm On Jun 13, 2016
omo17:

Tanks for dis info,pls can u tell me d price of starter nd finisher? Hp my question is not too much, I will contact you as soon as i start, God bless you nd everybody.

It depends on your environment i will advise you go to a store where they sell Animal feed and ask of the recent price
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by omo17(m): 9:04pm On Jun 13, 2016
jay7:

It depends on your environment i will advise you go to a store where they sell Animal feed and ask of the recent price

Yes tank u, i went to two different shops last week
The first one was selling livestock feed nd she told me starter is 2800,grower 2400,finisher 2800
The second one is selling Animal care feed
Starter nd finisher is 3100.
Feed cost oo.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by eddyline(m): 11:33am On Jun 17, 2016
I am most grateful to jay7 for the selfless help you rendered. you sent me the vaccine schedule and I must say I really appreciate. I've booked for my birds and am still awaiting their arrival. will keep u posted on the events. remain blessed.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Goldenboy842(m): 1:18pm On Jun 27, 2016
[quote author=omo17 post=46354457]
tanks[/quote
U welcome bro.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by valuedammy(m): 11:23am On Jun 30, 2016
When this chicks start growing big, can the size of the house still contain them?
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by IKoko57: 8:57pm On Jun 30, 2016
[quote author=Goldenboy842 post=44523823] VACCINATION
There are some little mistakes we do while vaccinating that do lead to vaccine failure, possibly you maintained the cold chain and you checked the expiry date but your administration may be wrong.
*Never vaccinate with chlorinated water: This destroys or reduces the potency of the vaccine and that is why you must stabilize your water before using it. Avi blue or skimmed milk are been used in this sense to stabilize ur water before mixing in your vaccine and also make it safe for use.
*follow the measurement of diluent to be used: don't mix your vaccines with just any amount of water, there is a prescribed measurement which is 100dose to 1 liter of water.
*Withdraw all forms of antibiotics, virucidals ETC atleast 3days before vaccinating and administer multivitamins 24-48hrs after vaccination this will help boost the immunity of your birds and at the same time help them recover from vaccination stress.
*Never allow your vaccine pass the required time in your pen: its not a must for the birds to finish the whole vaccine solution dey only require little quantity and that is one reason for withdrawing water from them min 2-3hrs to vaccination time, never allow your vaccine use more dan 20min before you withdraw it from dem.
* Avoid spilling of vaccine in or around your pen this could lead a increase in the viral load of the environment capable of subduing the immunity of your birds. All vaccine vials or remainders should be burnt or buried.

For mentor-ship call/whatsapp 08160403222 THANKS. FOR STOPPING BY TO READ.

Really NICE... If i may add though, in vaccinating its not advisable to wash or clean your drinkers using disinfectant or detergent, remember vaccines contain life viruses also ensure adequate number of drinkers are used so that all birds shld atleast have a sip.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by jay7(m): 1:16pm On Jul 01, 2016
eddyline:
I am most grateful to jay7 for the selfless help you rendered. you sent me the vaccine schedule and I must say I really appreciate. I've booked for my birds and am still awaiting their arrival. will keep u posted on the events. remain blessed.

Thanks @ Eddyline i wish you success but please remember to take your bio-security measures very strictly
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by jay7(m): 1:26pm On Jul 01, 2016
Ifedayour007:

Please I need the formula for finisher.

Contact me on whatsapp with 08070872196 or call the number directly for your broiler feed finisher formula. But you have to know the price per kilogram of conventional feedstuffs ingredient and non conventional feedstuffs ingredient in your area, know the price of maize, soybean both soybean meal or soybean full fat, guinea corn, groundnut cake, palm kernel cake, maize offal, rice offal, wheat offal, brewers dry grain or buruku waste, lysine, methionine, vitamin/mineral premix, bonemeal, salt it is not a must for all the above ingredient to be available in your area though you cannot do without methionine, lysine, vitamin/mineral premix, bonemeal and salt. Thanks
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by eddyline(m): 1:50pm On Jul 01, 2016
jay7:

Thanks @ Eddyline i wish you success but please remember to take your bio-security measures very strictly

I will do just that. my birds have arrived. they are 9 days old today. lost a couple of birds initially but they are now stable
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by odumayowa(m): 9:40pm On Jul 02, 2016
good evening house.am mayowa and my number is 08136388582 pls can I be added to the WhatsApp group pls
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by SOLOMiN: 11:52pm On Jul 05, 2016
Fumbaby:

There is a broiler farmer group, you can drop your number I will ask the admin to add you
[color=#000099][/color]

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by auwal83(m): 11:50am On Jul 06, 2016
You've been doing a nice job.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by redsproperty: 12:12am On Jul 16, 2016
odumayowa:
good evening house.am mayowa and my number is 08136388582 pls can I be added to the WhatsApp group pls
mayowa where is your location am also in abeokuta will like to meet you in person
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by redsproperty: 12:17am On Jul 16, 2016
I will like to join the broilers farmer group ...pls add me on 08143132255 my broiler farm is in abeokuta... running a chain type of farming started with 50 lost 9 and they are 8 weeks old.... my second set are 166 broilers from obj farm ....not impressed with their growth rate ...like 2 weeks old when tgey are actualy 3 weeks 5days.. this forum have really broaden my knowledge about birds....

1 Like

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Goldenboy842(m): 6:53pm On Jul 20, 2016
Getting broiler chicks eating early pays dividends in the long term.
Today, feed accounts for up to 70% of total production costs. That's why efficiency of use is one of the most crucial factors as broiler growers look to maintain margins. A slight improvement in performance here can result in an increase to your bottom line.
Feed efficiency is generally defined in two ways: feed conversion efficiency (FCE) and feed conversion ratio (FCR).
The most common method for broilers is FCR, calculated by the amount of feed needed per kilogram of bodyweight gain, and should be as low as possible.
Throughout the life of the broiler, the best FCR is seen in the first five to seven days, due to low or almost no heat production in chicks during this period. This results in a lower calorific expense and an overall lower maintenance cost. FCR can be even lower than 1:1 at this point.
Another contributing factor to the lower FCR is the fat and protein from the yolk sac. However if early feed consumption is limited, chicks will use the protein from the yolk sac for energy instead of growth.
Feeding During Brooding
To get the best results during this short period, it is critical to ensure adequate access to feed. The most important part of preparation for brooding, therefore, is to provide sufficient feeding space for the birds by having supplemental chick trays and/or chick paper.
If chick trays are used, there should be one tray per 50 chicks, evenly distributed throughout the brooding area. Refresh the trays two to three times a day with new feed, as doing this once a day doesn’t stimulate feed intake enough. The golden rule is never allow trays to run out of feed.
At the fourth day, the trays can be moved closer to the feed system, before removing them around day seven. It takes hard work and dedication to achieve the optimum early feed intake using this method.
When using chick paper, at least 50% of the brooding area should be covered with a paper type strong enough to last until at least day 5. The paper needs to be placed near the drinking system. If only one application is used, 75g of feed per chick must be offered on the paper, which will ben early consumed in three to four days.
Growers are sometimes afraid of feed waste and are reluctant to place 75g of feed on that paper. But they need to appreciate that, at the start, each 1g of feed consumed increased the bodyweight by 1g.
Studies have shown that the waste of feed using paper is approximately 15-20%, while feed intake in the first four days from feeders is between 25-30g. Based on these numbers, a theoretical estimate of cost-benefit can be made comparing 35g and 70g of feed per chick on paper.
To ensure that all preparations have the maximum benefit, a simple crop-fill evaluation should be done the morning after placement. A sample of at least 100 chicks from three positions in the house is needed. The absolute minimum of chicks with full crops should be 85% at this time. This simple evaluation will let you know if you have adequate supplementary feed available.
Seven-Day Bodyweight
Providing sufficient feeding space in the first days helps to increase the seven-day bodyweight and support the efficient use of the yolk sac for growth.
The importance of feed intake during the first seven days cannot be over-emphasized. It is the only opportunity to gain such growth and provide the basis for good overall performance.
Attaining higher sever-day bodyweights generally results in higher bodyweights at the end of the flock, better uniformity and lower mortality through less culling.
It has also been shown that higher seven-day bodyweights have a great influence on the overall FCR of a broiler. There is a linear effect, showing that an increase in seven-day bodyweight reduces the FCR.
While this effect is not as profound with an increase from 140g to 160g, there is a 10-point improvement in FCR with an increase from 160g to 180g in seven-day bodyweight.
The reduction of 10 points in FCR
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by azeez105(m): 8:47pm On Jul 21, 2016
SOLOMiN:
[color=#000099][/color]
pls add me also,am really interest 08026337877

1 Like

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by ini4brandon(m): 4:42am On Jul 28, 2016
kindly add these numbers: 08028391075 I'd love to be part of the broiler group. I'm restarting my poultry farm after 11yrs. location is AKWA Ibom.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Seyiflower(f): 3:14pm On Jul 28, 2016
I read through all the informative contributions in this forum and am impressed and glad to have stumbled on this type of educative and friendly forum. Welldone to everyone in the HOUSE.
I am just preparing to get my stock of broiler birds, and in the process of my findings am a bit scared of how I will eventually sell my birds. Just like somebody mentioned above, a market man said he will buy them at 900, which is not good at all. Am in Abuja, pls do anybody know where to get good market? I will be so happy to get good responses. Thanks.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Gidigidi3(m): 11:00pm On Jul 28, 2016
Seyiflower:
I read through all the informative contributions in this forum and am impressed and glad to have stumbled on this type of educative and friendly forum. Welldone to everyone in the HOUSE.
I am just preparing to get my stock of broiler birds, and in the process of my findings am a bit scared of how I will eventually sell my birds. Just like somebody mentioned above, a market man said he will buy them at 900, which is not good at all. Am in Abuja, pls do anybody know where to get good market? I will be so happy to get good responses. Thanks.

Dat is wat am going through now. Price of Every other thing in d market has gone up but not broiler. Price of feed, day olds, drugs nd transport has gone up. How can one do 7wks broiler at 850 and sell at 900? Its no biz. My candid advice to you is to do layers for all yrs round nd do broilers for festive seasons. DO NOT BURN YOUR CAPITAL ON BROILERS, unless you hv very deep pocket, den try.

2 Likes

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by adeniyi65(m): 12:23am On Jul 31, 2016
I must comend everyone of u guyz here for a job welldone.helping most of unemploy youth with your experience and idea in the field.i jam this page through my searching on google about about how to rear pasture turkey commercially,because i hait anything asociated with rearing any kind of chicken(either broiler,pullet or cockrel)just because of what we are familiar with & what people use to say that only the genuine rich ones goes into poultry & survive because of how rampant the chicken die.but with the help of mr strive masiyiwa to sulve into the internet for research on our business ideas.i now concluded with the help of you guyz that as much as you care for your poultry with good environment ventilation,heigenic,proper brooding & space etc.there is no need to worry about high rate mortality.this is my story.thank you everyone in this house.
I will like to know where kay29000 get his DOC & also like jay7 to share me broiler's vaccine schedule.love you all.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by kay29000(m): 1:34am On Jul 31, 2016
adeniyi65:
I must comend everyone of u guyz here for a job welldone.helping most of unemploy youth with your experience and idea in the field.i jam this page through my searching on google about about how to rear pasture turkey commercially,because i hait anything asociated with rearing any kind of chicken(either broiler,pullet or cockrel)just because of what we are familiar with & what people use to say that only the genuine rich ones goes into poultry & survive because of how rampant the chicken die.but with the help of mr strive masiyiwa to sulve into the internet for research on our business ideas.i now concluded with the help of you guyz that as much as you care for your poultry with good environment ventilation,heigenic,proper brooding & space etc.there is no need to worry about high rate mortality.this is my story.thank you everyone in this house.
I will like to know where kay29000 get his DOC & also like jay7 to share me broiler's vaccine schedule.love you all.

I usually get them from a reseller (not a farm) in my area, in Lagos (Idimu). That was 2014-2015. I relocated to Ibadan this year, and I am yet to start poultry business here.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Seyiflower(f): 1:40pm On Aug 01, 2016
Gidigidi3:

Dat is wat am going through now. Price of Every other thing in d market has gone up but not broiler. Price of feed, day olds, drugs nd transport has gone up. How can one do 7wks broiler at 850 and sell at 900? Its no biz. My candid advice to you is to do layers for all yrs round nd do broilers for festive seasons. DO NOT BURN YOUR CAPITAL ON BROILERS, unless you hv very deep pocket, den try.

Thank you so much @Gidigidi for the response, I took the birds on Saturday. I will be updating the house on their improvement. I will be glad on any advice on a better market.
I actually don't have more space but will plan to deal on layers too, but the market still matters o. Where to sell to.
Thanks to everybody in the house.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by auwal83(m): 12:10am On Aug 06, 2016
Add me on WhatsApp group

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (23) (Reply)

A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos / My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna / Cost Analysis For 1,000 to 3000 Poultry (layers) Capacity & Feed Mill In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.