Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,927 members, 7,821,246 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

The Day They Opened The Toilet In Hall 4-uniben - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Day They Opened The Toilet In Hall 4-uniben (43743 Views)

Long Snake Killed In Madonna University Toilet / Baby Delivered In Moremi Hall Toilet, OAU Clocks Four Today / Photo:Toilet In UNIPORT Hostel (graphic Images). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Day They Opened The Toilet In Hall 4-uniben by RobinHez(m): 1:01pm On Jun 13, 2015
The life in the residential hostels in the University of Benin is what every student must have a feel of. I have no say about
the female side of the hostels but being opportuned to stay a full session in Hall IV which unfortunately has been nicknamed the Headquarters of Beans was epic, by beans I mean those grains that comes in different color variety, takes forever to cook and gives a lasting impact to the environment after consumption, shout out to natural global warmers.
[img]http://1.bp..com/-J1skEeD0r6A/VXcSSHqn4cI/AAAAAAAAAB0/CtanLIp3KVc/s1600/hall4.jpg[/img]
You might have to wonder why Beans is the most prepared food in the male hostels despite the long processes involved, if you have wondered, then welcome to the chain of wonderings because I am still in that chain.
Among the many reasons why people opt out of staying in the hostels is the state of the restrooms. The toilets which are always put together with the bathrooms are aged and poorly maintained. According to my former bunkmate; “Hall IV toilets dey make you loose motivation to pass your own wastes”
The toilets are always cleaned up but even with that, you still walk into them and you start seeing the poor flushing skills of students who were kind enough to flush, others do not even flush. In short, even the cleanest of toilets cannot be trusted to the extent of sitting down on it, hence boys have styles of positioning of which the most used is “Squat rest”. I tell you, nothing is as EPIC as when you drop a bomb in the white war zone and then you dodge the water that splashes due to....…. Ok, I really don’t want to go into details as some girls will be irritated with it. Perhaps, they usually don’t experience things of this kind as they have an un-matched innovations of using the buckets and nylons, otherwise known as shot-put. Shout out to Hall 1 girls.
Alright, so on this certain Saturday, having being opportune to eat Beans and bread the previous day, I felt my stomach rumble and my intestines contract and expand as they started pumping out air. I knew what was up, Saturdays is the worst of the days you could think of visiting the toilets and I couldn’t go to my favorite church - St. Albert which became my official non-emergent rest room , it was an emergency that had to be attended to, right in UNIT ONE, HALL IV. I decided to go and fetch water outside.
On my way out, I discovered a group of porters coming out of a supposed toilet which had been put on lock since I could remember because it was renovated, two of the porters had seized four of my hotplates in Four weeks but that is not important anyways, the news was that the toilet was not locked again. I thought it was just opened for further renovations, so I went on still to get my water.
On my way back, getting ready to “Squat rest” in one of the closest cistern to clean, I saw students gathered in front of the toilet, most of them had cameras and others were with their towels, nobody needed to tell me that it was opened. Just as I was about taking a peep, my roommate came out with his body wet and shouted “Their Father, I don disvirgin the bathroom”, thanks to people like him, a very quiet boy from the city of Jos (ME) had certainly turned a Lagos Agbero.
I noticed people were checking out the taps and mehn, the tiles in the bathroom were so new you could be tempted to put a tongue on it. People took selfies and others queued to use the bathrooms as people were shouting “Baba, you wan turn oyinbo?”… This was unlike Hall IV were people bath anywhere, anyhow and anytime. “Una papa nor do shower for house?”, a fellow mate shouted as he obviously tried getting access to the bathroom. You might want to ask why it was like this, but till today, I nor wan ask.
I was about considering using the new toilets when I heard someone inside one of them shout “Oboy, See as toilet dey flush like say na flood”, then it became dawned on me, for the first time in the history of my stay in Hall IV, I was actually going to sit on a toilet seat without dodging. Na so I leave my bucket of water outside and barreled through people that were taking selfies with the facility, I knocked Five of the toilets and people were already inside, with the smell of oil paint that was used on the door combined with the odour oozing out of this area, one couldn’t help but pity the cisterns. Anyways, the odour is nothing compared to other aged facilities. I knocked on the sixth one and nobody was inside, lucky as I was, it was still fresh and your beloved was the first to use the toilet. It was a peaceful packaged delivery I tell you.
I also took my bath that day and yes, the toilet became a tourist centre as boys from UNIT TWO, THREE and even Hall III came to take their bath or should I say shower?
Fast-forward to this day, I went to the same toilet and I almost wept at the state it was in, it was an eyesore and i couldn’t help but frown at the maintaining ability of students. All the shower pumps weren’t working again and the toilets were as brown as the teeth of the porter that seized my mattress because he saw me use two hotplates to cook, one for Beans and the other for ummm… Rice.
source: http://www.unibenblog.com/2015/06/the-day-they-opened-new-toilet-in-hall_22.html
cc: Lalasticlala , ishilove , fynestboi

91 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Day They Opened The Toilet In Hall 4-uniben by RobinHez(m): 1:05pm On Jun 13, 2015
FTC....

copyright of www.nairaland.com/Godwin10

he's the boss!

he also claims this work is not his, but the work of one of his writers! undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Day They Opened The Toilet In Hall 4-uniben by Sandydayz(f): 1:12pm On Jun 13, 2015
This story long o shocked

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Day They Opened The Toilet In Hall 4-uniben by Princecalm(m): 1:20pm On Jun 13, 2015
Sandydayz:
typical Nairalander response.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Day They Opened The Toilet In Hall 4-uniben by Godwin10(m): 1:24pm On Jun 13, 2015
RobinHez:
FTC....

cc: Godwin10
grin

1 Like

Re: The Day They Opened The Toilet In Hall 4-uniben by RobinHez(m): 1:47pm On Jun 13, 2015
Sandydayz:
no be story o....and its interesting!

6 Likes

Re: The Day They Opened The Toilet In Hall 4-uniben by RobinHez(m): 1:48pm On Jun 13, 2015
Godwin10:

grin
u for give us some pics na cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Day They Opened The Toilet In Hall 4-uniben by bolaji3071(m): 1:54pm On Jun 13, 2015
Laugh one destroy my belle o grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Day They Opened The Toilet In Hall 4-uniben by RobinHez(m): 1:56pm On Jun 13, 2015
destroy ke? cheesy cheesy
bolaji3071:
Laugh one destroy my belle o grin
Re: The Day They Opened The Toilet In Hall 4-uniben by Idiataqueen(f): 2:21pm On Jun 13, 2015
Nice write up
Re: The Day They Opened The Toilet In Hall 4-uniben by Godwin10(m): 2:45pm On Jun 13, 2015
RobinHez:

u for give us some pics na cheesy
E no good for public eyes cry
Re: The Day They Opened The Toilet In Hall 4-uniben by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jun 13, 2015
Funny story!a nice writeup i must say

2 Likes

Re: The Day They Opened The Toilet In Hall 4-uniben by TheHood: 3:05pm On Jun 13, 2015
hahahahaha......
''Their Father, I don disvirgin the bathroom''
mehn dat part almost made me break my phone in laughter!

lalasticlala front page jhor grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Day They Opened The Toilet In Hall 4-uniben by Talk2bryant(m): 3:21pm On Jun 13, 2015
Even though our toilets in abuad isn't as bad as it was portrayed on Linda ikeji, that mean say our toilet here make sense be dat. If hostel toilet no make sense, u fit enter college drop the package codedly, girls most especially.

Sorry to say but Nigerians generally have poor maintenance culture

4 Likes

Re: The Day They Opened The Toilet In Hall 4-uniben by shedrack222: 3:26pm On Jun 13, 2015
Naija
Re: The Day They Opened The Toilet In Hall 4-uniben by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jun 13, 2015
@OP so wats now d moral lesson in this story? why are u telling us? and who ask u?

2 Likes

Re: The Day They Opened The Toilet In Hall 4-uniben by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jun 13, 2015
The only solution is.......INCREASE THE FEES.

Yes....if you want good residential facilities in Nigerian universities.....INCREASE THE FEES....or privatize the hostels. Even if it means hostel fees of N150000 per annum....at least for a clean working toilet....it is worth it!

Education funding in Nigeria is not enough. If you pay N5000 .....you get N5000 toilet. Pay N2million....you get first class.

But I am not suggesting we pay N2million.

I am suggesting, however, that we face the reality. Nigeria does not have enough money for education. Either PMB finds an extra N5 trillion yearly for universities....or we privatize all of them, and focus all the saved money on primary and secondary education.And we can increase taxes while we are at it.

If you want first class....you pay for first class. Accept no substitutes.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Day They Opened The Toilet In Hall 4-uniben by Born2eatPussy(m): 3:28pm On Jun 13, 2015
Naija is a dirty country.
The restrooms we have in gas stations here in America is very well maintained more than some homes in Naija.

4 Likes

Re: The Day They Opened The Toilet In Hall 4-uniben by talk2ancient(m): 3:28pm On Jun 13, 2015
do you know that Dampness on the walls is dangerous to health.it is a silent killer.google the word DAMP today to learn more.for a lasting solution on damps,check my signature on how to contact me
Re: The Day They Opened The Toilet In Hall 4-uniben by Houseofglam7(f): 3:29pm On Jun 13, 2015
cheesy
Re: The Day They Opened The Toilet In Hall 4-uniben by Valwezzy: 3:29pm On Jun 13, 2015
Re: The Day They Opened The Toilet In Hall 4-uniben by sosanova: 3:29pm On Jun 13, 2015
l
Re: The Day They Opened The Toilet In Hall 4-uniben by killercute16(m): 3:30pm On Jun 13, 2015
Laff ooh......anyhow anyhow student must find way to destroy public properties,but will maintain their's with care(some oh)
Re: The Day They Opened The Toilet In Hall 4-uniben by justdivine: 3:31pm On Jun 13, 2015
Great Uniben

1 Like

Re: The Day They Opened The Toilet In Hall 4-uniben by babyfaceafrica: 3:31pm On Jun 13, 2015
Typical for most Government universities bad maintainance...God help us
Re: The Day They Opened The Toilet In Hall 4-uniben by boss1310(m): 3:32pm On Jun 13, 2015
i laughed hard especially the"shotput"story.the writer makes u laugh and feel sorry for him at the same time.thats a rare skill in writing.keep it up

2 Likes

Re: The Day They Opened The Toilet In Hall 4-uniben by Hysmady(m): 3:33pm On Jun 13, 2015
Chai lmao 4 uniben
Re: The Day They Opened The Toilet In Hall 4-uniben by Eureka123(f): 3:33pm On Jun 13, 2015
Lol... this is serious! grin
Re: The Day They Opened The Toilet In Hall 4-uniben by Alpha100(m): 3:33pm On Jun 13, 2015
Me thinks that all this happens because the hostels are way too crowded. Eight people to a small room plus like eight squatters. What would you expect

The solution is that more hostels have to be built to cope with the ever increasing number of students admitted each session.

4 Likes

Re: The Day They Opened The Toilet In Hall 4-uniben by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jun 13, 2015
U
Re: The Day They Opened The Toilet In Hall 4-uniben by Vivly(f): 3:33pm On Jun 13, 2015
Pictures please.
Re: The Day They Opened The Toilet In Hall 4-uniben by REB3L(m): 3:34pm On Jun 13, 2015
Lol...
Proud to be a uniben student though.
First point of call when I get there.
Hall 4 toilet,here I come.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photos Of A Snake Killed In FUPRE Campus / OAU Direct Entry Candidates' Forum / 2017 Nnpc/snepco Scholarship Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.