Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,095 members, 7,825,456 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

Is It Possible To Build A World Class Website Without Using CSS?? - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Is It Possible To Build A World Class Website Without Using CSS?? (9279 Views)

Learn How To Design Any Website Without Coding (live On Nairaland!!!) / How To Make Money From Your Blog Or Website Without Advertisments / How Can Page Links Be Placed Into A Menu Bar On Wapka Using CSS Navigation Bar?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Possible To Build A World Class Website Without Using CSS?? by UEDIBO: 8:09pm On Jun 14, 2015
CreativeWeb:
What? That css is uninteresting to you? Guy, you are missing something so sexxy. Css is so sexxy.

Look, in web design and development, html and css are MUST. You can build 101 websites without javascript, but you cannot build a single website without css. It will look horible.

See, HTML is the blocks, cement, plastering and roofing.

CSS is the painting, interior decoration and flowering.

JAVASCRIPT is your ability to close the doors of the house without much effort, start the generator automatically when nepa takes light and makes the room's wall colour to change from green to yellow when anyone touches the wall.

PHP is your ability to have the walls repainted when they are worn out without you reapeating everything. It is your ability to replace the furniture without the initial burden.

Lol

So, in web designing, you start from html >> css >> js/jq >>php/mysql >> wp/jm/dp/etc >> whatever like ruby, python, node.js, angular.js, etc.

So bro, you need css madly. Without css, websites will look bony and terrible.
pls bro teach me na.
Re: Is It Possible To Build A World Class Website Without Using CSS?? by Profmaojo: 8:10pm On Jun 14, 2015
Pls i want to learn website design...how do i start? What is Html is it a software? If yes do i need to buy and install in my system? If yes after installation what next? If no pls what is ur advice for me a BEGINNER who has no single knowledge
Re: Is It Possible To Build A World Class Website Without Using CSS?? by CreativeWeb(m): 8:21pm On Jun 14, 2015
Vixo:

Man u ve just got urself a job. How do I reach you?
smsnaija247@gmail.com
Re: Is It Possible To Build A World Class Website Without Using CSS?? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jun 14, 2015
Yes you can, assuming you want to build 1994 website
Re: Is It Possible To Build A World Class Website Without Using CSS?? by micodon(m): 11:03pm On Jun 14, 2015
You can actually design a world class website without using css. But that is if you are using flash or silverlight
Re: Is It Possible To Build A World Class Website Without Using CSS?? by izutex007(m): 12:57am On Jun 15, 2015
Built2last:
What da heck is CSS...cherubim and Seraphim School?...why can't someone say tge full meaning and explain its function on web design...

Una won confuse me with IT jaggons...God pass una.

If i use the jargons in my field will you understand.

Ok is it better to invoke HDDMI on finacle in Draft manipulatios on Finacle?

lol.......i just dey observe
Re: Is It Possible To Build A World Class Website Without Using CSS?? by willybiggy(m): 12:59am On Jun 15, 2015
CreativeWeb:
What? That css is uninteresting to you? Guy, you are missing something so sexxy. Css is so sexxy.

Look, in web design and development, html and css are MUST. You can build 101 websites without javascript, but you cannot build a single website without css. It will look horible.

See, HTML is the blocks, cement, plastering and roofing.

CSS is the painting, interior decoration and flowering.

JAVASCRIPT is your ability to close the doors of the house without much effort, start the generator automatically when nepa takes light and makes the room's wall colour to change from green to yellow when anyone touches the wall.

PHP is your ability to have the walls repainted when they are worn out without you reapeating everything. It is your ability to replace the furniture without the initial burden.

Lol

So, in web designing, you start from html >> css >> js/jq >>php/mysql >> wp/jm/dp/etc >> whatever like ruby, python, node.js, angular.js, etc.

So bro, you need css madly. Without css, websites will look bony and terrible.
What ar the basics of css. Cos its giving me headache. Naming a div and stylin d div is anoda issue
Re: Is It Possible To Build A World Class Website Without Using CSS?? by Abbeyme: 1:05am On Jun 15, 2015
izutex007:

lol.......i just dey observe

Observer

Employed by INEC or UN?
Re: Is It Possible To Build A World Class Website Without Using CSS?? by CreativeWeb(m): 6:02am On Jun 15, 2015
willybiggy:

What ar the basics of css. Cos its giving me headache. Naming a div and stylin d div is anoda issue

Basically, css is used to style your html elements. You define all your divs in your html document and then style them in your css document. However, I hope you know how to link your css and html together. You wil have to use external stylesheet. Add this line of markup in the head of your html document: <link style="stylesheet" href="style.css"/>

Inside your style.css, you will start styling all the html elements. You should also know that html elements can either be BLOCK or INLINE element. Div, p, h1-h6, table, form, etc are block level elements. Image, a, span, etc are inline elements.

To specifically target your html elements, you should give them either an ID or a CLASS. An id must be unique and one per html document. A class can be multiple in an html document.

For instance, if you want a particular div to do a particular unique work, you wil give it an id. But if you want all your divs to have a particular similar behaviour, you will give them a class name.

So if you want to give a div or any element for that matter an id, you will do this in html.

<div id=unique">...</div>

In your stylesheet, you can then style this div like this:

#unique {
background:#000;
color:#fff;
padding:20px;
border:1px solid #eee;
}

By doing this, that div in your html document has taken a new beautiful dimension.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Build A World Class Website Without Using CSS?? by tgmservice: 8:11am On Jun 15, 2015
Get quality website design and development training.

Re: Is It Possible To Build A World Class Website Without Using CSS?? by GoodBoi1(m): 8:56am On Jun 15, 2015
Luukasz:
Good evening guys.
I have been pondering over this issue for quite sometime now as an amateur in the game am done with Html but CSS is uninteresting to me but am glued to Javascript so the question on my mind is that Is It Possible To Build A Website Using Just Html,Javascript,Jquery and the rest without using CSS??.
And i want to know some world class websites built without CSS,Twitter & Nairaland comes to mind but am not so certain.Tanx
You seem like a backend guy. You can use the CSS framework Bootstrap, but you still have to get basic understanding of CSS. You might want to read the ebook, Twitter Bootstrap Succintly
Re: Is It Possible To Build A World Class Website Without Using CSS?? by JohnDoe2015: 11:06am On Jun 15, 2015
web development..
do you really want to learn web programmin?
if yes, I have the solution to your answer..
1. the truth is with the huge sum of money you are going to pay @NIIT, you won't still be fulfilled becos programing requires personal training and motivation.
2. truth, everyone says motivation, personal training but the place of a mentor can not be under estimated.. so to learn quick and fast, you also need a mentor
3. you also need programmers, people of like minds who want to learn same thing or doing same thing so you can share ideas while you both learn..
well you might think.

I know I have told you the truth in good faith, but I have a solution...
I am also a learner and have been into web for 2years now, I want to help you, help myself and others who r interested in a group of 5programmers where we will teach ourselves well, buy materials ourselves online and learn at a fast pace with losing huge sum of money to NIIT.
pls whatsapp me on 2349033863912.
note, am not collecting any money from you.
must reside in Lagos

or call 08111376559
Re: Is It Possible To Build A World Class Website Without Using CSS?? by izutex007(m): 3:39pm On Jun 27, 2015
Abbeyme:

Observer

Employed by INEC or UN?

by nairaland. Lol
Re: Is It Possible To Build A World Class Website Without Using CSS?? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jun 27, 2015
Luukasz:
What of Nairaland & Twitter??
naira land doesnt use css
Re: Is It Possible To Build A World Class Website Without Using CSS?? by micodon(m): 4:21pm On Jun 28, 2015
Luedave:
naira land doesnt use css
Bros, abeg which Nairaland
Re: Is It Possible To Build A World Class Website Without Using CSS?? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jun 28, 2015
micodon:

Bros, abeg which Nairaland
.com
Re: Is It Possible To Build A World Class Website Without Using CSS?? by micodon(m): 7:44pm On Jun 28, 2015
Luedave:
.com
Nairaland uses css, bros. just right click on ur browser window and view source
Re: Is It Possible To Build A World Class Website Without Using CSS?? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jun 28, 2015
micodon:

Nairaland uses css, bros. just right click on ur browser window and view source
u dnt call wat nairaland uses css.....

Its damn old and with pure html code, u can get d layout
Re: Is It Possible To Build A World Class Website Without Using CSS?? by micodon(m): 7:50pm On Jun 28, 2015
Luedave:
u dnt call wat nairaland uses css.....

Its damn old and with pure html code, u can get d layout
Prove urself wrong by right clicking and viewing page source

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How I Get Devices To Review & My Advice To Upcoming Bloggers Who Want Such. / How Do You Make Money Online / How To Make Money Online Legally As A Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.