Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:58 AM

Nigerian Rappers - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigerian Rappers (501 Views)

Hottest 10 Hausa Rappers 2016 / Top 10 Best Hausa Rappers 2015 / Top Ten (10) Nigerian Rappers The Media Has Failed To Hype (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Rappers by Nobody: 12:11am On Jun 14, 2015
Hiphop has the ability to create incredible fortunes for an individual if applied properly. I see young rappers going for battle rap,street cred,freestyles,in their thinking they want to hit it big,these are not the reasons why hiphop came into existence. Hiphop was seen as a stimulant for uplifting the social and political consciousness of the citizenry,this was the reason Tupac made it big. Pac rapped about things,events affecting the ordinary American,pac wasn't the best of freestylers,jay z don't freestyle,hiphop is a business,hiphop is an art, hiphop is a weapon. I see, I hear wanna be rappers rap about things that do not make sense,yet they call it wordplay,but it doesn't make sense , their lyrics has nothing in it, just mincing words that sound alike. We have politicians stealing,we have families in bondage, rap about these things, I wanna hear rappers ask questions, intelligent questions @ that. Questions like, is it wrong to abort a baby whose dad is a bokoharamists? Tins lyk dat. I want our rappers to take our hiphop to the world so they can embrace it. Battle rap,weak wordplay,funny and lame rhymes without messages won't make you a kendrick lamar. I am nt a rapper,but I just love hiphop, i want our rappers to make politicians listen to them, I want pastors to listen too.I want intelligent minds to embrace hiphop. HIPHOP IS AN ART, IT SHOULD BE DONE PROPERLY.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian New York Based Artist, Chief Dejjy Is Out With New Single. Tolongo. / OFFICIAL VIDEO: Adekunle Gold - "Orente" / List Of Winners And Photos From Nigerian Entertainment Awards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.