Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,703 members, 7,816,876 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

NNPC And The Missing Money: The Saga Continue - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC And The Missing Money: The Saga Continue (775 Views)

The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri / Avengers Bomb NNPC And Chevron Pipelines / What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NNPC And The Missing Money: The Saga Continue by demandtruth: 1:00am On Jun 14, 2015
NNPC Yet To Remit N2.32trn

O Ayodele,

The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), yesterday, June 12, 2015, confirmed the corporation is yet to remit $11.6 billion, about N2.32 trillion, into the Federation Account.

NNPC attributed it to its inability to remit the Nigerian Liquefied Natural Gas (NLNG) dividends on an ongoing reconciliation process.

The Nigeria Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative, NEITI, had earlier accused NNPC of not being transparent in the transfer of eight oil wells to Nigerian Petroleum Development Company, NPDC.

NEITI also accused the agency for its failure to get the money in question remitted.

In a statement signed by Ohi Alegbe, Group General Manager, Group Public Affairs Division, he explained that the matter has since been referred to the Inter-Ministerial Task Team (IMTT) for reconciliation and resolution “At the last meeting of the IMTT, it was resolved that the Minister of Petroleum, Chairman of NEITI, Executive Secretary of NEITI, and the Group Managing Director of NNPC should meet on the issue of NLNG dividends and report back to the IMTT. Unfortunately, that meeting has not held. However, another meeting of the IMTT is coming up next week and the issue will be taken up from there.” he explained.

Executive Secretary, NEITI, Mrs. Zainab Ahmed, who made the allegations in Abuja, described the transfer of eight oil wells sold by the NNPC to the NPDC in 2010 and 2011 as shady.

She however, called on President Muhammadu Buhari to investigate and ensure the money is returned to government coffers;

“Our 2012 Audit Report discovered that total dividend loans and interest repayment from LNG paid to the NNPC in 2012 was $2.8 billion, however in the course of NEITI’s audit, NNPC was unable to provide any evidence to provide that the funds were remitted to the federation as required by law. The total amount received by NNPC from LNG under the same circumstances which has not been remitted to the federation account stands at $11.6 billion.” She affirmed.

READ MORE: http://www.naij.com/460604-nnpc-yet-to-remit-n2-32trn.html?utm_source=traqli&utm_medium=traqli&utm_campaign=traqli&source=traqli
Re: NNPC And The Missing Money: The Saga Continue by jonaboy: 2:12am On Jun 14, 2015
How I wish there is sufficient evidence to prove this money is actually missing.
Re: NNPC And The Missing Money: The Saga Continue by BossTtdiamonds(m): 2:18am On Jun 14, 2015
The figures keep increasing, no doubt it would get to the 20billion Sanusi proposed. It might even be much more than Sanusi suspected.

1 Like

Re: NNPC And The Missing Money: The Saga Continue by fashoo2010(m): 3:09am On Jun 14, 2015
They are all deceiving themselves.. Corruption in dat NNPC will never allow them to remit all d money... They will continue to give one excuse or d other

1 Like

Re: NNPC And The Missing Money: The Saga Continue by gobizzy101: 3:23am On Jun 14, 2015
All I hear is Billions & Trillions. Dats y I don't like listening 2 network news dis days cos it makes me sick.

Meanwhile my data go soon finish n I no even dey sure of 1k 2 subscribe embarassed

God is watching dem
Re: NNPC And The Missing Money: The Saga Continue by tunwumi: 7:50am On Jun 14, 2015
It was use to subsidise food in the gej presidential villa.

Ordinary stealing

Shm

(1) (Reply)

SHOCKER: Lagos Killer Squad Names Bode George As Sponsors, See Photo Of The Kill / Saraki’s Election Is Unacceptable, Says Abdulsalami Panel / DSS Officials Finally Barred From ‘close Protection’ Of Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.