Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,309 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:38 AM

Feature More Posts From Graphics Section On Nairaland's Featured Forum Links - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Feature More Posts From Graphics Section On Nairaland's Featured Forum Links (1440 Views)

Notice To All Nairaland Graphics Section Members(must READ) / Art Section On Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Feature More Posts From Graphics Section On Nairaland's Featured Forum Links by Neptune(m): 2:28pm On Feb 22, 2009
Please (moderator(s) / seun) feature more posts from the graphics section on nairaland's featured forum links to draw more attention here. i was suprised to here someone say he/she did'nt know anything happens in the graphics section (or something like that).
Re: Feature More Posts From Graphics Section On Nairaland's Featured Forum Links by Seun(m): 4:54pm On Feb 23, 2009
Which specific threads would you like me to feature? Post a link to each one here.
Re: Feature More Posts From Graphics Section On Nairaland's Featured Forum Links by Neptune(m): 7:30pm On Feb 23, 2009
ok thanks. will do. i think you should just pick the (latest) one(s) with the higest replies. but will add smiley

here's what's gaining heat  now on this forum

Design A Logo For My Company And I Will Pay 10,000 naira.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-235170.32.html
Re: Feature More Posts From Graphics Section On Nairaland's Featured Forum Links by Seun(m): 8:06pm On Feb 23, 2009
I've already featured that one. Any other one?
Re: Feature More Posts From Graphics Section On Nairaland's Featured Forum Links by OmniPotens(m): 10:40pm On Feb 23, 2009
The important thing is if members in here can keep the thread clean. I've observed that and others but the problem is before you have about 20 posts, a quarrel sets in and the topic for the thread is changed. If there is a change, then things in here will be more catchy as to appear on the home page.

I'm reading almost all happening in here so just keep doing your thing and I'll take note and things get better in here.
Re: Feature More Posts From Graphics Section On Nairaland's Featured Forum Links by Neptune(m): 12:55am On Feb 24, 2009
thanks seun that's the only thread going smoothly for now.
OmniPotens, lol. i understand, but i think if people from other sections participate more would be achieved quarrel or no quarrel. plus things can be seen from a different perspective which really helps graphic designers. if only graphic designers were to comment or criticise other graphic designers works, there'll definitly be issues because graphic artists have their own different style of work so some things that might appeal to normal people might really piss them off (lol). but if things are seen by "outsiders" every once in a while things will change.
Re: Feature More Posts From Graphics Section On Nairaland's Featured Forum Links by OmniPotens(m): 7:20am On Feb 24, 2009
Good then. Let's hold on to it but still try to make the threads as clean as we can even if we are attacked or provoke. You can always counter in a more mature way.
Re: Feature More Posts From Graphics Section On Nairaland's Featured Forum Links by Kemjisuper(m): 10:02am On Feb 24, 2009
I think threads which have a good number of Graphic Works posted in them should be promoted. The Graphics Section these days is filled with talk and criticizing comments which could discourage even those who desire to learn Graphics. Some sit in the background and wait for others to post their works so they can blast them with discouraging comments, without posting theirs, or offering advice for improvement.

Also, threads with large no. of views and replies should be featured. That means some of the old favourites can be revived too. It doesn't necessarily have to be those that are presently making waves.

Cheers wink
Re: Feature More Posts From Graphics Section On Nairaland's Featured Forum Links by OmniPotens(m): 12:58pm On Feb 24, 2009
The issue of having more pages is not really what counts but the content and mind you, it is easier to read up all posts on a thread with 3 pages than that with 50 pages. The whole thing becomes boring and the member will simply get to the next thread than go through longs threads and end up being confused and not delivering or posting anything.

It is better short and precise but with much meaningful content.
Re: Feature More Posts From Graphics Section On Nairaland's Featured Forum Links by Neptune(m): 1:34pm On Feb 24, 2009
totally agree. just do what u do men, but keep us in mind. thats the whole point (quarell or no quarell). funny thing is those "quarells" make this section tick. lol. though some unecessary atimes but like u said
You can always counter in a more mature way
so thanks.
Re: Feature More Posts From Graphics Section On Nairaland's Featured Forum Links by Seun(m): 1:37pm On Feb 24, 2009
It's funny how no one has recommended a graphics thread to be featured on the home page.
Re: Feature More Posts From Graphics Section On Nairaland's Featured Forum Links by Kemjisuper(m): 3:43pm On Feb 24, 2009
My Recommendation! wink

2d/3d Art gallery
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-86103.0.html

Its tight!
Re: Feature More Posts From Graphics Section On Nairaland's Featured Forum Links by Seun(m): 12:11am On Feb 25, 2009
Great idea, but it's been featured before!
Re: Feature More Posts From Graphics Section On Nairaland's Featured Forum Links by Kemjisuper(m): 10:53am On Feb 25, 2009
Seun:

Great idea, but it's been featured before!

Ok, let's do this! Let's Discuss ideas HERE for a brand new topic which will give everyone a chance to participate in the Graphics section. A kind of "Freestyle" thread which ANYONE can showcase ANYTHING from the simple to the extremely fascinating. Not a competition as sort, but a chance for anyone to try his/her hands at graphics of any sort 2d, 3d, abstract, logos, artwork, sketches, comics, graffiti, etc etc.

To make it rich, let it have a theme like "Only posts with personal graphics works attached are allowed on this thread" which means everyone who wants to comment would have to post some graphics piece, no matter how small.

Who's with me on this What say ye all? cheesy
Re: Feature More Posts From Graphics Section On Nairaland's Featured Forum Links by Raymond88(m): 1:38pm On Feb 28, 2009

(1) (Reply)

Recent Tvc Shot By 601 Realtime. / In Need Of Laptop Wt Capability Of Live Streaming Youtube Videos / Software For Audio Recording

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.