Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,206 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

Germany: To Leave Or To Stay?,, - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Germany: To Leave Or To Stay?,, (1315 Views)

Germany To Deport 12,000 Nigerian Asylum Seekers / Germany To Return Nigerian Migrants After Buhari Statement / Road/ferry Trip Bonn Germany To Lista Southern Norway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Germany: To Leave Or To Stay?,, by harbey19: 11:24am On Jun 14, 2015
Re: Germany: To Leave Or To Stay?,, by kilode100(f): 11:31am On Jun 14, 2015
West,East,South or Northern Germany?!.. grin grin grin

10 Likes

Re: Germany: To Leave Or To Stay?,, by Nobody: 11:48am On Jun 14, 2015
;DHow good is thier english in germany.....the last time I tried pronounce SCHURRLE it was a different thing. Be careful language could be problem. SCHWIENSTERGER!!!
Re: Germany: To Leave Or To Stay?,, by tboibamz: 2:59pm On Jun 14, 2015
harbey19:
Good day fellow Nairalanders, I am in a
dilemma taking a vital decision as regards
schooling abroad and I would really
appreciate your contributions and
suggestions. I am in my late 20s, a teacher by profession and currently earns a monthly
salary of over a hundred thousand Naira. I
applied to some Universities in Germany for my Masters degree but was rejected as a
result of my low CGPA, I made a CGPA of
2.70. Now, I'm considering applying for an
Undergraduate degree Programme in
Germany, which implies I would have to quit my present job. My question goes thus, what are my chances of securing a good job either in Germany or Nigeria with the newly
acquired first degree certificate considering
the fact that I would be in my early 30s by
the time I complete my Bachelors degree in
Germany. Is this a wise decision or should I
just go ahead and do a masters programme
here in Nigeria since I'm qualified for that?
Thank you all!

Based on the information you posted here, I don't see the need for you to travel. You can do your Msc here and accumulate years of experience...travel will come definitely and you'll be in a better position

1 Like

Re: Germany: To Leave Or To Stay?,, by harbey19: 3:20pm On Jun 14, 2015
tboibamz:

Based on the information you posted here, I don't see the need for you to travel. You can do your Msc here and accumulate years of experience...travel will come definitely and you'll be in a better position
Thumbs up bro., thanks for your input. So succinct and to the point.
Re: Germany: To Leave Or To Stay?,, by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jun 14, 2015
harbey19:
Good day fellow Nairalanders, I am in a
dilemma taking a vital decision as regards
schooling abroad and I would really
appreciate your contributions and
suggestions. I am in my late 20s, a teacher by profession and currently earns a monthly
salary of over a hundred thousand Naira. I
applied to some Universities in Germany for my Masters degree but was rejected as a
result of my low CGPA, I made a CGPA of
2.70. Now, I'm considering applying for an
Undergraduate degree Programme in
Germany, which implies I would have to quit my present job. My question goes thus, what are my chances of securing a good job either in Germany or Nigeria with the newly
acquired first degree certificate considering
the fact that I would be in my early 30s by
the time I complete my Bachelors degree in
Germany. Is this a wise decision or should I
just go ahead and do a masters programme
here in Nigeria since I'm qualified for that?
Thank you all!

First and foremost, you have spent the last five to six years pursuing a degree. You graduated with a second class lower I presume and currently teaching at a secondary school i can imagine. Now you want an oversea Master's degree. Correct.

- Are you married?
- Do you have dependencies?
- What was your first degree discipline?
- Why do you chose Germany for this programme?
- Specifically, what is your interest in this postgraduate studies?
- What does your work contract state?
- How much have you saved?
- Why do you prefer starting an undergraduate degree in Germany?
- Do you have an ECOWAS passport?
- Don't you have faith in our country even after a new government with a better focus?
- What is your denomination?
- Why did you earn 2.70 GPA?
- Do you have an academic transcript?

cc: lalasticlala please help move to front page;there are some lessons to be learnt from this thread
Re: Germany: To Leave Or To Stay?,, by samtol4(m): 10:37pm On Jun 14, 2015
harbey19:
Thumbs up bro., thanks for your input. So succinct and to the point.
Getting job abroad is not automatic .I advise go Unilag for masters when you re done apply for PhD in Germany they have a lot of grants and scholarships for reseach

1 Like

Re: Germany: To Leave Or To Stay?,, by harbey19: 6:57am On Jun 15, 2015
samtol4:
Getting job abroad is not automatic .I advise go Unilag for masters when you re done apply for PhD in Germany they have a lot of grants and scholarships for reseach
Okay brother. thank you and God bless you!
Re: Germany: To Leave Or To Stay?,, by nawtibownie: 7:21am On Jun 15, 2015
Why waste about 4years for a degree you have already? What's the probability you'll finish with an excellent grade there? Unilag MSC form is out, you can go for it. You may even be able to combine work and the programme. How will you live over there without a job and enough cash?
Re: Germany: To Leave Or To Stay?,, by harbey19: 9:08am On Jun 15, 2015
nawtibownie:
Why waste about 4years for a degree you have already? What's the probability you'll finish with an excellent grade there? Unilag MSC form is out, you can go for it. You may even be able to combine work and the programme. How will you live over there without a job and enough cash?
Thanks for your input, the points raised are noted and very much appreciated.
Re: Germany: To Leave Or To Stay?,, by Nobody: 10:23am On Jun 15, 2015
nawtibownie:
Is he qualified to apply at Unilag?
Re: Germany: To Leave Or To Stay?,, by Nobody: 10:31am On Jun 15, 2015
Must it be Germany?? If you have the luxury, some US universities can admit you with that grade... even some other good western countries too.. Though the schools may rank low...

Instead of another undergraduate degree, please remain in Nigeria. . Makes no sense to me..

(1) (Reply)

A Plane With Nigerians Deported From The UK Lands In Lagos / Names On A Passport Vs Names On A Flight Ticket. / 7 People You’ll Probably Meet At A Nigerian Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.