Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,337 members, 7,819,177 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Obsevations On Missionary Churches And New Generation Pentecostal Churches. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Obsevations On Missionary Churches And New Generation Pentecostal Churches. (512 Views)

Adeboye & Oyedepo At Pentecostal Fellowship Of Nigeria (pics) / "Pentecostal Pastors Are Marketers": Oladele Ogundipe Genesis / 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Obsevations On Missionary Churches And New Generation Pentecostal Churches. by Undilutedfact: 3:37pm On Jun 14, 2015
I've attended a number of Churches around, with different doctrines and principles so I'll like to share my superior thoughts (kidding) on some characteristics of these churches I've observed comparatively.

Many Churches have conflicting principles to the others, and many of these priciples are drawn from the bible, basically what causes the differences is more emphasis on particular doctrines in the Bible than others. Pls hope nobody gets offended, I'll try to be as un-bias as I can here.

In a church like ECWA (Evangelical Church Winning All) which I attended today, it is an old missionary church similar in doctrines and principles to Baptist and Cocin churches. There is a deep sense of humility in such churches, modesty and decency in terms of outfit(less expensive clothing and non-revealing cloths), sermons and songs are usually about salvation, trust in God and glorifying God.
But I've noticed that they don't emphasise on prosperity and thus members tend to be contented with what they have, there isn't much craving for success and economic growth by members so there is a large number of poor folks in such churches, don't get me wrong, (I'm no saying there aren't a lot of rich members there also). They have a tendency to depend so much on God and focus on enjoying when they get to heaven, so its like ok to suffer on earth

In the new generation pentecostal churches such as Living Faith, Christ embassy and the likes, there is strong emphasis on prosperity so everyone is desperate to get to the next level economically. there is a low sense of humility and modesty so these Churches tend to have more rich folks as they drive you to want more and thus economic growth is pertinent. But there are also a large number of people in such churches living fake lives just to meet up with others, thus they could look ok on the outside, but at home, it might be the reverse. These churches also unintentionally breed criminals, as desperation to make it with the emphasis on prosperity drives people to do what ever it takes to get rich, even crime.

So essentially they all have there positives and negatives

(1) (Reply)

An Imam Discovers From Koran That Jesus Is Lord And Converts (photo/video) / Can We All Pray For Majek Fashek / Rejoinder To Jesus Failed Prophecy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.