Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,349 members, 7,819,244 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

What Is The Difference Between A Web Designer And A Web Developer? - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Is The Difference Between A Web Designer And A Web Developer? (9652 Views)

The Difference Between Dynamic Ip And Static Ip / What Is Work Of Website Designer And Website Developer? / What Is The Difference Between .ng And .com.ng Domain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Web Designer And A Web Developer? by Nobody: 10:00am On Jun 20, 2015
I'm here to learn too.
By the way my musical single loading .............................................grin
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Web Designer And A Web Developer? by OOLUSOGA(m): 10:10am On Jun 20, 2015
am so much interested count me . here is my whapApp number 09092962741. thank u. olusoga by name.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Web Designer And A Web Developer? by aymondw: 10:11am On Jun 20, 2015
Cutehector:
nw dats d shii am talkn about.. Study group.. I stay at ajah. Wah abt u?

Don't bother yourself of travelling from ajah to ipaja for a class, order for web design & developer videos. It's dvd of 128videos of web design & developer.

Call me on 08069100669 or let chat on whatapp.

Thanks
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Web Designer And A Web Developer? by Nicepoker(m): 10:14am On Jun 20, 2015
Web designer. Designs it. While web developer develops it
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Web Designer And A Web Developer? by aymondw: 10:14am On Jun 20, 2015
OOLUSOGA:
am so much interested count me . here is my whapApp number 09092962741. thank u. olusoga by name.

Don't bother yourself of travelling from ajah to ipaja for a class, order for web design & developer videos. It's dvd of 128videos of web design & developer.

Call me on 08069100669
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Web Designer And A Web Developer? by MrReloaded(m): 10:27am On Jun 20, 2015
Am interested in learning it, but am in kebbi, can I add ur number on watsapp too. My number is 08133933393
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Web Designer And A Web Developer? by Tunby(m): 10:27am On Jun 20, 2015
exhibition:
Just learn Joomla. You can design and program a fully functional website with Joomla.

You don't have to know intricacies of php and javascript...

Its more like a click and run software for website development.
Can you create a Nairaland or Facebook with Joomla?
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Web Designer And A Web Developer? by Tunby(m): 10:31am On Jun 20, 2015
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Web Designer And A Web Developer? by Nobody: 10:36am On Jun 20, 2015
Tunby:

Can you create a Nairaland or Facebook with Joomla?

You can create a nairaland-like website with joomla very well.

But that of facebook, you can also, but you would have to write a couple of extensions in php and install them using joomla.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Web Designer And A Web Developer? by Cutehector(m): 10:37am On Jun 20, 2015
aymondw:

Call me on 08069100669 or let chat on whatapp.

Thanks
am sorry bro, I got all the friends I need... Why not join us on our whatsapp group instead? We share opinions free... We all learn from each other.. Information shouldn't be soled, afterall, wizards of web development are the ones who created w3schools.com and codeacademy and disemminate their knoledge for free... Think abt it.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Web Designer And A Web Developer? by Popoola1960: 10:37am On Jun 20, 2015
Wil lik to b part of dz. Can u help strategize au we in ibadan can partake in dz. Really want to kno web design. Plz help
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Web Designer And A Web Developer? by bengems(m): 10:57am On Jun 20, 2015
JohnDoe2015:
great you love it,
I stay at Ipaja... another member at yaba..
don't be discourage abt the distance, let do everything required to master what we want to learn....its mostly going to be online...n we will always meet at least once in every two weeks...
courses will be HTML 5, bootstrap, JavaScript, jquery, jquery mobile, angular js , Php and WordPress...
we are to finish or have at least intermediate skills that we will be employable or work ourselves after d 6months training....

pls for serious minded n focus individuals only....
you can whatsapp me on +2349033863912
for more info....

its going to be a group of 5persons with common goal

I have great enthusiasm for a knowledge like this which I have been expecting without losing so much from my purse, but the problem is that I'm a big novice in this area. Please can I still join? I reside at Iba
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Web Designer And A Web Developer? by Tunby(m): 11:15am On Jun 20, 2015
JohnDoe2015:
web developer = technical part/ like login, send mail, etc
web designer = interface builder

do you really want to learn web programmin?
if yes, I have the solution to your answer..
1. the truth is with the huge sum of money you are going to pay @NIIT, you won't still be fulfilled becos programing requires personal training and motivation.
2. truth, everyone says motivation, personal training but the place of a mentor can not be under estimated.. so to learn quick and fast, you also need a mentor
3. you also need programmers, people of like minds who want to learn same thing or doing same thing so you can share ideas while you both learn..
well you might think.

I know I have told you the truth in good faith, but I have a solution...
I am also a learner and have been into web for 2years now, I want to help you, help myself and others who r interested in a group of 5programmers where we will teach ourselves well, buy materials ourselves online and learn at a fast pace with losing huge sum of money to NIIT.
pls whatsapp me on 2349033863912.
note, am not collecting any money from you.
must reside in Lagos

or call 08111376559
Hi bro, I've sent a messages. I can't seem to get you on whatsapp. Here's my number again. Really interested. 08084688511.Thanks
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Web Designer And A Web Developer? by Nobody: 11:26am On Jun 20, 2015
Ver interesting thread,

I wish to learn these program also.....l

I am an expert and government approved freight forwarder,clearing agent and general merchants.

check my signature for contact details.....
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Web Designer And A Web Developer? by lacicrips(m): 11:38am On Jun 20, 2015
Designer = frontend. Developer = backend.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Web Designer And A Web Developer? by vijosak(m): 11:39am On Jun 20, 2015
I am interested
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Web Designer And A Web Developer? by CaptaiinG(m): 11:43am On Jun 20, 2015
JohnDoe2015:
great you love it,
don't be discourage abt the distance, let do everything required to master what we want to learn....its mostly going to be online...n we will always meet at least once in every two weeks...
courses will be HTML 5, bootstrap, JavaScript, jquery, jquery mobile, angular js , Php and WordPress...
we are to finish or have at least intermediate skills that we will be employable or work ourselves after d 6months training....

for more info....

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Web Designer And A Web Developer? by CaptaiinG(m): 11:47am On Jun 20, 2015
I also stay at IPAJA and skool at Unilag, it will make brain for we both to learn it together,I even have a diploma in Web design offered by Unilag but I don't really have time to go extra mile cos I don't have friends that knows it, I sent you a message on whatsapp now and it been u weren't online, please come online
JohnDoe2015:
great you love it,

for more info....

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Web Designer And A Web Developer? by seunfape(m): 12:02pm On Jun 20, 2015
if you ask saraki to declare his asset he will tell you i rather step down as senate prrsident than to do that.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Web Designer And A Web Developer? by Seconsol92(m): 12:19pm On Jun 20, 2015
OsoDupe:
Wow, I like the study group thing, I know HTML, a little of php. I wl be interested in d rest up there but I stay in akure.
i am a batch A15 corper serving in igbara-oke here in ondo . i know html, css and am an intermediate in php. add me up on wathsapp let start our own study group here in ondo. my number is 07030870355
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Web Designer And A Web Developer? by seunoni34(m): 12:31pm On Jun 20, 2015
henryobinna:
oga, they're both developers and programmers.

The difference is designer is front end developer while the other is back end.
while one whp does both is called a full stack developer/programmer
How can a developer be writing back-end codes only ? No matter how good he is he still have to master html to layout data loaded from server side because your output must be in html format for normal end users to see.

What I'm trying to point out is , A web designer concentrates majorly on designing interfaces , examples in this category designs templates, and UI frameworks. THEY ARE NOT INTO CODING ! in fact they have little or zero knowledge of programming.

A developer on the other hand is a designer and a programmer combined. You cant learn web programming only cos its useless without knowing HTML! But you can learn html alone and still make something out of it. Most web designers are not web programmers , but all web programmers are web designers too.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Web Designer And A Web Developer? by ctmgeneration: 12:44pm On Jun 20, 2015
JohnDoe2015:

1. the truth is with the huge sum of money you are going to pay @NIIT, you won't still be fulfilled becos programing requires personal training and motivation.
2. truth, everyone says motivation, personal training but the place of a mentor can not be under estimated.. so to learn quick and fast, you also need a mentor
3. you also need programmers, people of like minds who want to learn same thing or doing same thing so you can share ideas while you both learn..
well you might think.

I am also a learner and have been into web for 2years now, I want to help you, help myself and others who r interested in a group of 5programmers where we will teach ourselves well, buy materials ourselves online and learn at a fast pace with losing huge sum of money to NIIT.
must reside in Lagos

or call 08111376559
add me on 08035882221 i liv in yaba
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Web Designer And A Web Developer? by jydoskillz(m): 12:46pm On Jun 20, 2015
LEARN CODING FROM:
[size=20pt]www.codeacademy.com[/size]
You will thank [size=20pt]ME[/size] later!
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Web Designer And A Web Developer? by Simeony007(m): 12:57pm On Jun 20, 2015
JohnDoe2015:

well you might think.

must reside in Lagos

or call 08111376559
add me to the group am also interested
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Web Designer And A Web Developer? by henryobinna(m): 1:02pm On Jun 20, 2015
seunoni34:

How can a developer be writing back-end codes only ? No matter how good he is he still have to master html to layout data loaded from server side because your output must be in html format for normal end users to see.

What I'm trying to point out is , A web designer concentrates majorly on designing interfaces , examples in this category designs templates, and UI frameworks. THEY ARE NOT INTO CODING ! in fact they have little or zero knowledge of programming.

A developer on the other hand is a designer and a programmer combined. You cant learn web programming only cos its useless without knowing HTML! But you can learn html alone and still make something out of it. Most web designers are not web programmers , but all web programmers are web designers too.
I don't want to continue on this,

just tell me whats the difference in front end n back end,
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Web Designer And A Web Developer? by udokpuenyi(m): 1:14pm On Jun 20, 2015
seunoni34:

You made a very salient point. You can't be a web programmer without being a designer or at least having the fundamental knowledge of front end design. A programmer may not be an expert in graphics or front end esthetics but he must, I mean must have core knowledge of html , css and javascript. Do you know that programming something involving generating the front end tags and content dynamically; example is the generating of the select dropdown from php script. The infusion of the dynamic content into the html tag cannot be done by a designer and a developer who cannot achieve such should not call himself a developer

The learning step of web development starts from web designing first.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Web Designer And A Web Developer? by Ariyoh1: 1:58pm On Jun 20, 2015
Cutehector:
pls, I will like to be part of the moving train. Am living on island. Here is my whatsapp no. 08025636455
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Web Designer And A Web Developer? by Cutehector(m): 2:18pm On Jun 20, 2015
Ariyoh1:
pls, I will like to be part of the moving train. Am living on island. Here is my whatsapp no. 08025636455
go up the thread, search for the moniker johndoe, mention him tell him u wana join, he will add u
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Web Designer And A Web Developer? by riddo2(m): 3:33pm On Jun 20, 2015
I have web development course with me . The file is more than 2GB, full of videos and cost $200 online. You will pay N10,000 but you will come to Ibadan. Because i'll write it on disk for you. Call me on "08033106548" if you need it.
Cutehector:
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Web Designer And A Web Developer? by riddo2(m): 3:52pm On Jun 20, 2015
Popoola1960:
Wil lik to b part of dz. Can u help strategize au we in ibadan can partake in dz. Really want to kno web design. Plz help
I have web development course with me . The file is more than 2GB, full of videos and cost $200 online. You will pay N10,000 but you will come to Ibadan. Because i'll write it on disk for you. Call me on "08033106548" if you need it
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Web Designer And A Web Developer? by Cutehector(m): 4:16pm On Jun 20, 2015
riddo2:
I have web development course with me . The file is more than 2GB, full of videos and cost $200 online. You will pay N10,000 but you will come to Ibadan. Because i'll write it on disk for you. Call me on "08033106548" if you need it.
to hell wit ur web development course bro!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Reach An International Audience Blogging. Help! / 4 Seo Services You Should Try / Anonymous Plans To Shutdown Internet On March 31st

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.