Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,973 members, 7,814,299 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

What Is The Difference Between A Web Designer And A Web Developer? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Is The Difference Between A Web Designer And A Web Developer? (9642 Views)

The Difference Between Dynamic Ip And Static Ip / What Is Work Of Website Designer And Website Developer? / What Is The Difference Between .ng And .com.ng Domain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Difference Between A Web Designer And A Web Developer? by Cutehector(m): 8:09am On Jun 15, 2015
I'd like to know
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Web Designer And A Web Developer? by JohnDoe2015: 11:18am On Jun 15, 2015
web developer = technical part/ like login, send mail, etc
web designer = interface builder

do you really want to learn web programmin?
if yes, I have the solution to your answer..
1. the truth is with the huge sum of money you are going to pay @NIIT, you won't still be fulfilled becos programing requires personal training and motivation.
2. truth, everyone says motivation, personal training but the place of a mentor can not be under estimated.. so to learn quick and fast, you also need a mentor
3. you also need programmers, people of like minds who want to learn same thing or doing same thing so you can share ideas while you both learn..
well you might think.

I know I have told you the truth in good faith, but I have a solution...
I am also a learner and have been into web for 2years now, I want to help you, help myself and others who r interested in a group of 5programmers where we will teach ourselves well, buy materials ourselves online and learn at a fast pace with losing huge sum of money to NIIT.
pls whatsapp me on 2349033863912.
note, am not collecting any money from you.
must reside in Lagos

or call 08111376559

9 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Web Designer And A Web Developer? by Cutehector(m): 1:05pm On Jun 15, 2015
JohnDoe2015:

1. the truth is with the huge sum of money you are going to pay @NIIT, you won't still be fulfilled becos programing requires personal training and motivation.
2. truth, everyone says motivation, personal training but the place of a mentor can not be under estimated.. so to learn quick and fast, you also need a mentor
3. you also need programmers, people of like minds who want to learn same thing or doing same thing so you can share ideas while you both learn..
well you might think.

I am also a learner and have been into web for 2years now, I want to help you, help myself and others who r interested in a group of 5programmers where we will teach ourselves well, buy materials ourselves online and learn at a fast pace with losing huge sum of money to NIIT.
must reside in Lagos

or call 08111376559
nw dats d shii am talkn about.. Study group.. I stay at ajah. Wah abt u?
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Web Designer And A Web Developer? by JohnDoe2015: 2:19pm On Jun 15, 2015
great you love it,
I stay at Ipaja... another member at yaba..
don't be discourage abt the distance, let do everything required to master what we want to learn....its mostly going to be online...n we will always meet at least once in every two weeks...
courses will be HTML 5, bootstrap, JavaScript, jquery, jquery mobile, angular js , Php and WordPress...
we are to finish or have at least intermediate skills that we will be employable or work ourselves after d 6months training....

pls for serious minded n focus individuals only....
you can whatsapp me on +2349033863912
for more info....

its going to be a group of 5persons with common goal
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Web Designer And A Web Developer? by Cutehector(m): 4:03pm On Jun 15, 2015
I'm in! My whatsapp number is at my profile
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Web Designer And A Web Developer? by fulfillment22: 4:24pm On Jun 15, 2015
One is to encode and the other is to maintain
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Web Designer And A Web Developer? by Nobody: 5:54am On Jun 20, 2015
Simple and short, dnt b decievd. A developer designs, strategizes, and creates complete codes. On the other a designer only plans a code structure, builds layout and edit existing codes for a new layout.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Web Designer And A Web Developer? by tociano009(m): 8:59am On Jun 20, 2015
Nice thread
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Web Designer And A Web Developer? by Sweetyie(f): 8:59am On Jun 20, 2015
First, it is important to really think about each job on it’s own.

A web designer uses graphics and graphic design software (think Adobe Photoshop,Illustrator and InDesign) to create a look for the web. This design is then married with coding to bring it to life online.

The designer may not always be the person writing the code and in some cases can work independently of the team who will take a website design live.

Much of a designer’s job is creative and uses both intuition and imagination, often characteristics of people who are considered right-brained. People in this field may continue their educations in a variety of fields but are most commonly drawn to graphic design and the arts. Designers collect work portfolios to showcase their projects for potential employers.

The best designers have a strong grasp on a variety of concepts including color and typography, spacial relationships, audience and user experience.

web developer builds the backbone of websites, typically from the ground up, and knows languages specific to the web. HTML, Javascript, JQuery and CSS are among the tools in their kit. Developers, historically, don’t focus on making something look visually appealing but create websites with clean code and that are technically sound.

Web developers are often thought of as left-brained workers. Skills from technical ability and thinking to logic are an essential part of their repertoires. Web developers may have degrees in a variety of fields such as computer science or programming. Most employers will require a portfolio during the hiring process.

The best developers are often detail-oriented and are keen on specifics.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Web Designer And A Web Developer? by Hysmady(m): 8:59am On Jun 20, 2015
Noted
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Web Designer And A Web Developer? by ultrazone(m): 9:00am On Jun 20, 2015
ok
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Web Designer And A Web Developer? by Nobody: 9:02am On Jun 20, 2015
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Web Designer And A Web Developer? by martineverest(m): 9:11am On Jun 20, 2015
Developer writes codes which makes d website function when commanded thru d use of use of keyboard,mouse etc,while designer is a graphics designer,dat determines d looks/interface of d web

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Web Designer And A Web Developer? by dwizy(m): 9:11am On Jun 20, 2015
Okay
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Web Designer And A Web Developer? by justblessed(m): 9:15am On Jun 20, 2015
Addd me 08069068008
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Web Designer And A Web Developer? by OsoDupe(f): 9:16am On Jun 20, 2015
Wow
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Web Designer And A Web Developer? by OsoDupe(f): 9:18am On Jun 20, 2015
Wow, I like the study group thing, I know HTML, a little of php. I wl be interested in d rest up there but I stay in akure.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Web Designer And A Web Developer? by meerak54: 9:20am On Jun 20, 2015
Add me 08034953172
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Web Designer And A Web Developer? by seunoni34(m): 9:21am On Jun 20, 2015
Simple, a Designer works with the front-end (html,css and a lil bit of javascript) only, while a developer works with both the front-end and back-end (php ,database etc) most times this guy is often referred to as a "programmer.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Web Designer And A Web Developer? by Samirana360(m): 9:25am On Jun 20, 2015
my whatsapp number 2347030915100...am interested
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Web Designer And A Web Developer? by naijainfogalery: 9:25am On Jun 20, 2015
see it like this - a web designer does design and not too much of programming while a web developer does much of development work like creating online softwares and applications etc
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Web Designer And A Web Developer? by Samirana360(m): 9:26am On Jun 20, 2015
my whatsapp number 2347030915100...am interested..... #surulere
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Web Designer And A Web Developer? by Nobody: 9:27am On Jun 20, 2015
nice one guys, I think we need a technology startup section on nairaland. click LIKE if you agree with me.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Web Designer And A Web Developer? by Nobody: 9:28am On Jun 20, 2015
JohnDoe2015:

well you might think.

must reside in Lagos

or call 08111376559

Nice idea. . .will send u a msg lata.
Please don't drop numbers and emails on the thread. You will get spammed or scammed. Just send the op a message using the number he dropped above.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Web Designer And A Web Developer? by henryobinna(m): 9:30am On Jun 20, 2015
most of you here are not getting what/who a web designer is, in actual sense they both are the same. I'll explain.

@Op, a web designer is also a web developer who develops the interface(front end) while the person you called a web developer is also a developer who designs the back end.
now here's what you should have asked, what's the difference between a front end developer(web designer) and a back end developer.

to clarify you, a web designer is not one who uses graphic softwares, that's absolutely not true.
that's a wack explanation, people who use graphic design softwares are purely graphic designers while web designer uses mostly html/html5, CSS n javascript(most use jquery, like my self).

you can ask me questions
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Web Designer And A Web Developer? by storyforthegods: 9:35am On Jun 20, 2015
Cool
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Web Designer And A Web Developer? by timmyblast(m): 9:36am On Jun 20, 2015
08070997358 am interested as well
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Web Designer And A Web Developer? by wethebest(m): 9:38am On Jun 20, 2015
gud thread
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Web Designer And A Web Developer? by henryobinna(m): 9:41am On Jun 20, 2015
seunoni34:
Simple, a Designer works with the front-end (html,css and a lil bit of javascript) only, while a developer works with both the front-end and back-end (php ,database etc) most times this guy is often referred to as a "programmer.
oga, they're both developers and programmers.

the difference is designer is front end developer while the other is back end.
while one whp does both is called a full stack developer/programmer
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Web Designer And A Web Developer? by Nobody: 9:48am On Jun 20, 2015
Just learn Joomla. You can design and program a fully functional website with Joomla.

You don't have to know intricacies of php and javascript...

Its more like a click and run software for website development.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Web Designer And A Web Developer? by 9t9jacobs: 9:56am On Jun 20, 2015
I'm fully interested but I reside in enugu.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Web Designer And A Web Developer? by hahn(m): 9:57am On Jun 20, 2015
JohnDoe2015:

well you might think.

must reside in Lagos

or call 08111376559

Hi. I'm currently studying (x)html 1.0 strict. Do you think I should study html 5 instead?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

4 Seo Services You Should Try / Anonymous Plans To Shutdown Internet On March 31st / What You Will Gain From Having A Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.