Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

What Is The Difference Between .ng And .com.ng Domain - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Is The Difference Between .ng And .com.ng Domain (23787 Views)

Who Enlighten Me The Difference Between (com.ng) And (ng) / Pricing On NG Domain / Why Com.ng And Not Co.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Difference Between .ng And .com.ng Domain by avurlerby(m): 1:54pm On Feb 24, 2016
Hello House,

Please I will like to know the difference between .ng and .com.ng doman names in Nigeria in terms of advantages, SEO and other benefits.
Please any contribution will be highly appreciated.Thanks
Re: What Is The Difference Between .ng And .com.ng Domain by yomalex(m): 7:52pm On Feb 24, 2016
avurlerby:
Hello House,

Please I will like to know the difference between .ng and .com.ng doman names in Nigeria in terms of advantages, SEO and other benefits.
.ng is a Top Level Domain TLD while .com.ng is a Second Level Domain SLD

SEO? I'm not sure there are any significant differences except that .ng is shorter avurleby.ng or avurleby.com.ng

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between .ng And .com.ng Domain by EntclassBlog(m): 10:26pm On Feb 24, 2016
Period
Re: What Is The Difference Between .ng And .com.ng Domain by gerytony(m): 1:00am On May 05, 2016
avurlerby:
Hello House,

pls what is TLD
Re: What Is The Difference Between .ng And .com.ng Domain by sapientia(m): 6:20am On May 05, 2016
i dont know
Re: What Is The Difference Between .ng And .com.ng Domain by bluntspade: 6:22am On May 05, 2016
gerytony:
pls what is TLD
means top level domain.. other tld's are .com, .net, .org.. e.t.c

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between .ng And .com.ng Domain by princejones(m): 6:24am On May 05, 2016
gerytony:
pls what is TLD
TLD is short form for Top Level Domain
Re: What Is The Difference Between .ng And .com.ng Domain by Generalmac(m): 6:24am On May 05, 2016
TLD.. Top level domain..
In terms of SEO .ng would rank first.
Re: What Is The Difference Between .ng And .com.ng Domain by citimartmag: 6:25am On May 05, 2016
gerytony:
pls what is TLD
It's already looking at you there. TLD is Top Level Domain

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between .ng And .com.ng Domain by molydonhenry(m): 6:26am On May 05, 2016
If u ask me, na who i go ask? ok, .ng wil go directly sharpaly, buh .com.ng wil first come n then go slowly

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between .ng And .com.ng Domain by Taeewo(m): 6:28am On May 05, 2016
Wish to know also....
Re: What Is The Difference Between .ng And .com.ng Domain by adedam007(m): 6:29am On May 05, 2016
Re: What Is The Difference Between .ng And .com.ng Domain by molydonhenry(m): 6:29am On May 05, 2016
sapientia:
i dont know
you didnt even think

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between .ng And .com.ng Domain by Nobody: 6:30am On May 05, 2016
.ng is a ccTLD(country code top level domain) while .com.ng is a ccSLD (country code second level domain)

to the average man trying to register a domain, this is for you.

the shorter a name is, the better and easier to remember for your visitors
this automatically puts .ng in that class of enviable domains, with companies like Microsoft, Google, Jumia snapping up our names, you have no excuse for using .com which is already over subscribed. oh! you don't believe me? type your surname.com and it has been registered by a Pakistani guy

go for .com.ng if you can't afford a .ng

.ng costs roughly 15,000 annually while .com.ng costs 1,500 naira annually (.com renewals average $12 thats 4000 naira)

if you intend to start your blogging career (cos everyone i meet these days is a blogger), consider using your surname first, if not available, try your first name, before settling for your full name

lets say your name is anyaebelechi chiamandachukwu
DONT bother registering those long combinations because 90% of your blog visitors is guaranteed to misspell it
just use anya.ng, how cool and easy to remember is that hmm? if you are a student, you can settle for anya.com.ng, not bad too!

a quick survey pls.

click like if you will buy .ng over .com
click share if you will buy .com over .ng

45 Likes 12 Shares

Re: What Is The Difference Between .ng And .com.ng Domain by TOBIWHITE(m): 6:32am On May 05, 2016
I'm not sure of the terms they use, but let me use simple English
.com or .ng or .com.ng are just like suffix or say an attribute, it restricts the domain to a particular section, location or say a type of organisation.
.com means communication and that's the main purpose of a website I think, but other attributes added will some sort of restriction to the website. Examples: .ng means its majorly for Nigerians or its located in Nigeria or informations and products on the sites will benefits Nigerians. .edu simply means the website is an educational website, .uk is for united kingdom, .net means its a networking site, .za is for south Africa .TV means its a telecommunication or television website and so on. I believe the website designers should be able to explain better.
I stand to be corrected.

8 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between .ng And .com.ng Domain by Nobody: 6:32am On May 05, 2016
nice..
Re: What Is The Difference Between .ng And .com.ng Domain by Mrjo(m): 6:40am On May 05, 2016
TOBIWHITE:
I'm not sure of the terms they use, but let me use simple English
.com or .ng or .com.ng are just like suffix or say an attribute, it restricts the domain to a particular section, location or say a type of organisation.
.com means communication and that's the main purpose of a website I think, but other attributes added will some sort of restriction to the website. Examples: .ng means its majorly for Nigerians or its located in Nigeria or informations and products on the sites will benefits Nigerians. .edu simply means the website is an educational website, .uk is for united kingdom, .net means its a networking site, .za is for south Africa .TV means its a telecommunication or television website and so on. I believe the website designers should be able to explain better.
I stand to be corrected.
all correct sir!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between .ng And .com.ng Domain by ibetoibb: 6:42am On May 05, 2016
What of. Gov. NG
Re: What Is The Difference Between .ng And .com.ng Domain by TOBIWHITE(m): 6:48am On May 05, 2016
ibetoibb:
What of. Gov. NG
.gov simply means its a Goverment owned or related site, wen it included .ng means its a Nigerian gov tin.. It cn be federal or state or even local gov
Re: What Is The Difference Between .ng And .com.ng Domain by DropShot: 6:48am On May 05, 2016
ibetoibb:
What of. Gov. NG
A Nigerian government domain name.
Re: What Is The Difference Between .ng And .com.ng Domain by Phlakes(f): 7:11am On May 05, 2016
.com
The domain name .com is a top-level domain (TLD) in the Domain Name System of the internet. Its name is derived from the word commercial, indicating its original intended purpose for domains registered by commercial organizations. However, eventually the distinction was lost when .com, .org and .net were opened for unrestricted registration.
The domain extension was one of the first set of top-level domains when the Domain Name System was first implemented for use on the Internet in January 1985 and can only be registered through any of ICAAN accredited registrars around the world.

.com.ng
The .com.ng domain extension is a second level domain (SLD) under the Nigeria ccTLD, .ng. Just like the .com domain extension, the original intended purpose for the .com.ng domains is for it to be registered by commercial organizations in Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between .ng And .com.ng Domain by haconjy(m): 7:11am On May 05, 2016
gyyy
Re: What Is The Difference Between .ng And .com.ng Domain by Afam4eva(m): 7:24am On May 05, 2016
I think what may have prompted this question is the price disparity between both domain extensions. There's really know difference especially as it pertains to Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Google sees both extensions as originating fr Nigeria, so any website that uses such extensions will be indexed automatically for Nigeria instead of explicitly having to add your target country in Google webmaster tools.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between .ng And .com.ng Domain by opalu: 7:47am On May 05, 2016
Good question
Re: What Is The Difference Between .ng And .com.ng Domain by tinkinjow: 8:04am On May 05, 2016
Initially understood but now it appears i need more clarification
So:
Www.tope.com.ng
Www.tope.ng
Www.tope.com .....what's d deal?
Re: What Is The Difference Between .ng And .com.ng Domain by iykepromotions: 8:15am On May 05, 2016
tinkinjow:
Initially understood but now it appears i need more clarification
So:
Www.tope.com.ng
Www.tope.ng
Www.tope.com .....what's d deal?
.com and .ng is ideal if you are only targeting Nigeria market, however if your product or services is universal and you want more audience, dotcom is the best to go for. in other words, among all extentions .com is still leads.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Make Money On Youtube As A Video Blogger / GENESIS FRAMEWORK+THEMES, WORDPRESS/WEB DEVELOPMENT VIDEO TRAINING & SOFTWARES / Tutorial On How To Create A Blog - Start To Finish

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.