Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,032 members, 7,810,838 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:39 PM

The Gothic Of Chinua Achebe Haunts Me - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Gothic Of Chinua Achebe Haunts Me (439 Views)

IPOB Replies Igwe Achebe On Anambra Election / Achebe Center Moves To Block Buhari’s $29.9bn Loan Bid •writes World Bank / Achebe And Soyinka At Dodan Barracks In 1986 To Beg IBB To Spare Vatsa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Gothic Of Chinua Achebe Haunts Me by umukorophillip(m): 10:09am On Jun 15, 2015
THE GOTHIC OF CHINUA ACHEBE HAUNTS ME. I'm not an anglicized Ibo man but a Biafran. We all know where the sea of trouble started to unleash a storm at us. Who among you do not know where a masquerade lives? Or, who do not know that Macbeth killed Banquo? Ventriloquism-is for the initiates. A slap of phobophobia in- your-face as evident in phatasmagorical and stereotypical entirety of human naivity . I had seen an empire where thiefs were chiefs. Sure. I had also seen a country where morons were barons. But, I was not impressed.We all know where the rain started to beat us- as soon as we left the subsea imperialism to the onshore of modern slavery. Polemically, the philosophical syllogism,selective eccleticism and subjuctive or suggestive realism are the tripod stands of metaphysics that all mankind must swallow and wallow in. The falibility of the cosmos is a total contretemps. Similarly, the academic catastrophy at a ponderous pace has opened an armageddonistic pandora's box without the proper ritualistic acculturation. This is suicide. Or,rather a genocide.Where is the promise land you once promised,that it would be peopled by pacifists? Because of you I left my pen and papyrus in lieu of sword and bazooka. By and by (soon), we forgot where the sun started to absorb our lamentations. We will fight! This is our chance: our lemon, for lemonade and, apple, for pineapple. Biblically,without faith,no mountain will move to basillica. Pardon me for that biblical objectivity, mr fanatic. Helluvia is for the tribalists.When shall we converge again: in thunder? Or, in lightning? Or, when our bitterness has been sweetened by sugar-coated lips of the ineberate homo-sapiens who call themselves aristotelian politicians.What a hell do they think are they! This is atmospheric massacre.Religious war,why the need for arsenal in lieu of arsenic( KJV)? When Odysseus was in turmoil, then helped Poseidon.But what later happened to the Homeric hero in the eponymous and historic play. Endless voyage, while Talamachus and Anticlea stared at the aegean sea earnestly,like the magi for epiphany.There is realistic idealism that should not be mentioned in passing. Orderly in nature is the microcosm of cosmic totality.The intriguing yawning of Nigerians for confab has become unbecoming,the crinkum crakum of the 6th geo-political deliberations has stired a V-for vendetta within the ambience of the two factions of the National assembly.There are lions in the ASO ROCK who are ready to jumb at any slightest diatribe that concerns regional allocations.Woe betide all atheists! The reason for the devoluton of African presidental system is to water-down colonial import that has been concratized as vanguard for African existentialism.The legislative arm of government is sitting on ivory tower;this is inimical. No doubt. The question is: do we have solution (s) to this political motivated crinkum crankum that has been militating against our once loving and peaceful country? The answer is capital "NO". By and large, African literature and its literatus tend to salvage the imminent society for the sake of the third generation. Soyinkaism,informs the African indigenous literature,which requires a variety of ourhistorical philosophy and more in-depth thinking faculty.Parenthetically,global dehumanization of Africa's descendants was as a result of clandestine tete-ä-tete of our traditional crownship. What an Africa's historicide, a political paraphlegic, a myopic stoicism and pathologic paternalism. Africans, wake up!

(1) (Reply)

Senate Denies Receiving N8.64bn As Wardrobe Allowance, Reveals Actual amount / Please What Happened To The Bringbackourgirls Campaign / House Of Reps’ Free-for-all: The Inside Story-the Sun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.