Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,762 members, 7,817,105 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every - Sports (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every (100807 Views)

Dead Referee 'Appointed' To Officiate Nigerian League Match / Enyimba Wins The Nigerian League For A Record 7th Time / Nigerian League Best 11 Of All Time. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (78) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by ow11(m): 12:31am On Oct 04, 2009
akinalabi:

A mix up made me miss the match. Making my way to Liberty stadium with
the traffic we had in Ibadan that day was a bit difficult but I had some of
my friends there.

I can bet it that Rythm and Wazobia did not have reporters there. Just
the garbage people were throeing around.

COmparing it with the City match can only make it legal because the injury
time added at Old Trafford was legit and justified.

Garbage you say, eh? You should read up and admit that your team is a dagbo team!
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by rasputinn(m): 4:49pm On Oct 04, 2009
CAF champion's league semi final first leg, Heartland 4 Vs Kano Pillar 0

Pillar's keeper is really a basket
  grin angry grin
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by melikannia(m): 2:21pm On Oct 05, 2009
if you need the full Nigerian Premiership league Table visit [url=http://[/url]www.arenasignages.com[url=http://]]][/url]www.arenasignages.com[url][/url] get all the table and dates
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by DisGuy: 5:13pm On Oct 18, 2009
bump

Kwara Beat a team away yesterday 3-4  shocked

Heartland through to the CAF final after beating pillars away making the agg score 5-0!!

Congrats to them, now pillars can concentrate on the home league and get a well deserved break after 2 season
playing non-stop!!!!

there are some things i still don't understand about this league o
how can zamfara utd gateway etc beat 'top teams' like shark,heartland at home on a regular basis
is it that those teams don't go with their full squad knowing how the referees are
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by rasputinn(m): 9:19am On Oct 31, 2009
Dis Guy:

Heartland through to the CAF final after beating pillars away making the agg score 5-0!!

Congrats to them,

Yea and the epic first leg comes up tommorow at the Dan Anyiam stadium
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by rasputinn(m): 9:21am On Oct 31, 2009
With the conclusion of the FIFA U-20 tourney in Egypt,King Osanga is now available for the tie against TP Mazembe

[img][/img]

Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by rasputinn(m): 9:23am On Oct 31, 2009
This is wishing the Naze millionaires the best in the first leg final match of the CAF champions league,do go and make us proud

GO HEARTLAND
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by dominique(f): 9:51pm On Nov 01, 2009
no scores? no action in our local league this weekend or what
FORZA HEARTLAND!!! cheesy
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by DisGuy: 11:40pm On Nov 23, 2009
And the League continues, well rested players and management

who is coming back from injury? we no even know sef as league no get internet or record!!

Will the new/refurbished stadia be transferred to local teams for better national league??
the NPL should persuade the state government to lease these facilities out to local teams afterall
what use will they be sitting idea??

The Afonja Warriors (kwara utd) go second with TWO AWAY Victories already beating kaduna united 2-1 away
and wikki tourist 4-3 away grin grin
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by FBS: 12:10pm On Nov 24, 2009
Em em guys, abeg, any chance of watching any of these matches online. . . streaming?
Thanks.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by FBS: 6:07pm On Nov 24, 2009
Fixtures:

Table:
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by dominique(f): 10:08pm On Nov 24, 2009
@FBS
i dont think there are live streams of the matches on you tube embarassed cry
the only time matches were streamed here was during CAF champions league.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by ow11(m): 6:45am On Nov 25, 2009
Sharks is propping up the table embarassed embarassed embarassed

I did see the game against Rangers in Enugu over the weekend. A score draw but quite entertaining and could've gone either way. NTA does hsow live games and I saw somewhere that you can watch NTA online so maybe you could catch the game of the week on Saturday or Sunday.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by FBS: 8:05am On Nov 25, 2009
ow11:

I did see the game against Rangers in Enugu over the weekend. A score draw but quite entertaining and could've gone either way. NTA does hsow live games and I saw somewhere that you can watch NTA online so maybe you could catch the game of the week on Saturday or Sunday.
Thanks for the information Ow11. I will try it out. Mucho Gracias Amigo. wink cheesy
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by Ibime(m): 8:11am On Nov 25, 2009
ow11:

Motherf*******!!!!

Sharks till I die! cool
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by FBS: 8:18am On Nov 25, 2009
Ibime:

Motherf*******!!!!

Sharks till I die! cool
Currently facing relegation. That's serious!
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by FBS: 11:14am On Nov 25, 2009

Results for lastweek:

Fixtures for this weekend:
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 2:51pm On Nov 25, 2009
My beloved team is in div 1 cry cry cry cry the arsenal of Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 3:16pm On Nov 25, 2009
Bendel Insurance F.C.

Bendel Insurance FC Belden Insurance.png
Full name Bendel Insurance Football Club
Nickname(s) Vipers, The Benin Arsenal
Founded 1972
Ground Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium
Benin City, Nigeria
(Capacity: 20,000)
Chairman Igbinowanhia Ekhousuehi
Manager Alabi Aisien
League Nigeria National League

Bendel Insurance Football Club, also known as Insurance of Benin Football Club, is a soccer club based in Benin City, Nigeria. They were originally known as the Vipers of Benin. Their venue, Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium, has a capacity of some 20,000.[1]

The club was one of the founders of the Nigerian Premier League in 1972. The team had its first month of the 2007-08 season delayed because of a management dispute over who controlled the team.[2][3] They were relegated at the end of the 2007-08 season after finishing in last place, the first relegation from the top level in team history.

In August, 2008, the ownership crisis was settled and the Edo State government took control. Thus the name officially reverted to Bendel Insurance Football Club. However the financial problems continued throughout the season. In February 2009 Insurance was banned from using their stadium temporarily because it was not up to league standards. In March, they were one of eight teams threatened with having their participation suspended due to a backlog of debts and fines [4]. Finally, they were exiled to Ilorin for their final home game of the season after crowd trouble in a 1-1 tie against Shooting Stars FC that put an end to their promotion chances.
[edit] Achievements

* Nigeria Premier League: 2

1973, 1979

* Nigerian FA Cup: 3

1972, 1978, 1980

* CAF Cup: 1

* West African Club Championship (UFOA Cup): 3

1993, 1994, 1995
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 3:17pm On Nov 25, 2009
Insurance of Benin caf achievements

Performance in CAF Competitions

* African Cup of Champions Clubs: 2 appearances

1974: Second Round
1980: Semi-Final

* CAF Confederation Cup: 1 appearance

2005 - Second Round

* CAF Cup: 1 appearance

1994 - Champion

* CAF Cup Winners' Cup: 3 appearances

1979 - Semi-Final
1982 - Second Round
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 3:18pm On Nov 25, 2009
Insurance of Benin is surely going to bounce back and we are going to be stronger cheesy tongue tongue
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 3:20pm On Nov 25, 2009
Insurance of benin

Notable Former Players

* Olubayo Adefemi
* Julius Aghahowa
* Joseph Akpala
* Daddy Bazuaye
* Justice Christopher
* Abubakar Bello-Osagie
* Uwa Elderson Echiéjilé
* Augustine Eguavoen
* Emeka Ifejiagwa
* Pius Ikedia
* Imadu Dooyum

* Kadiri Ikhana
* Peter Odemwingie
* Thompson Oliha
* Emmanuel Omodiagbe
* Harrison Omoko
* Wilson Oruma
* John Owoeri
* Ifeanyi Udeze
* Clement Temile
* Ambruse Vanzekin
* Victor Okechukwu Brown
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 3:28pm On Nov 25, 2009
Former Players:

* Valentine Odika
* Henry Ogboe
* David Adiele
* Peter Obanor
* Peter Egharevba
* Tarila Okorowanta
* Jesus Onyiums
* Roland Ewere
* Wahab Haruna
* George Ebojor
* Agwu Nnaji
* Sam Okpodu
* Felix Agbonifo
* Francis Moni-Dafe

* Benedict Idahor
* Valentine Odika
* Ugochukwu Okeke
* John George
* Emeka Okonkwo
* Alfa Bayo
* Femi Emmanuel
* Ibrahim Akali-Dafe
* Damian Ogunsuyi
* John Omughele
* Lawrence Akpokona
* Chris Ogu
* Leotis Boateng
* Rufus Egele
* Monday Eguavoen

* George Omokaro
* Francis Nwosu
* Antony Oviawie
* Festus Okuoghe
* Onyeme Uche
* Clement Osahon
* Monday Osagie
* Tunde Charity
* Prince Afejukwu
* Matthew Oyama
* Victor Omoreige
* Isaac Semitoje
* Haruna Doda
* Friday Elaho

* Ebenizer Berger
* Ikponmwosa Omoregie
* Ifeanyi Onyemaka
* Baldwin Bazuaye
* Roland Warri
* Efom Bassey
* Gabriel Adeyor
* Charles Ihiemenkpen
* Tom Alabi
* Billy Okounofua
* Manga Omoruyi
* Edobor Igbinigie
* Abiodun Quadri
* Azuka Asemogha
* Mike Ndubisi
* Victor Igbinoba
* Francis Uhuegho
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by Nobody: 5:31pm On Nov 26, 2009
Viva Enyimba!
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by Nobody: 5:36pm On Nov 26, 2009
The only 9ja club to have won d once elusive caf CL.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by DisGuy: 5:53pm On Nov 26, 2009
Shark fans, you still have two games in hand, so dont fret, you're still going down though tongue

I think Pillars and wolves are in the best position now if they can win their two games in hand
pillars will be able to focus on the home league now after 2 season
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 7:09pm On Nov 26, 2009
I think Eyimba is likely to win this season.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by FBS: 7:21pm On Nov 26, 2009
I think so too.  cheesy
But then you never know.

Top matches coming up this weekend.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 7:30pm On Nov 26, 2009
yes o, but i still love to see more of Kano pillar's matches, those guys can play cute football
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by FBS: 7:48pm On Nov 26, 2009
honeric01:

yes o, but i still love to see more of Kano pillar's matches, those guys can play cute football
Really? I've not watched them in decades!
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 8:17pm On Nov 26, 2009
FBS:

Really? I've not watched them in decades!

Menn, where you dey? they even reached caf champions league semi-final, were knocked out by Heartland on their way to the final, they dealt with alot of big African club sites like ahaly and co
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by Nobody: 10:01pm On Nov 26, 2009
But was thrashed by heartland in 1 of d semis.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (78) (Reply)

Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? / Emenike Displays Ojukwu, Okwaraji, Yekini, Keshi's Pictures In His Mansion / The Look On Anthony Joshua's Face After Ruiz Jr Knocked Him Out. Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.