Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Time-share Vacaton Ownership In Dubai. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Time-share Vacaton Ownership In Dubai. (2016 Views)

HOW Does It Feel To Board A Plane For The First Time. Share Your Experience. / Nigerian Man Under Trial In Dubai For Beating Up An Indian / Where Can I Buy Gold In Dubai? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Time-share Vacaton Ownership In Dubai. by question(m): 10:03am On Feb 23, 2009
I was in dubai last month and two ladies met me at the airport. They said that they are marketers for a Dubai-based developer, that they are selling vacation ownership on time-share basis.
They invited me to their office for a detailed information. (I was not the only one they met. They normally targets black (african) people that arrive dubai.

I went there and they requested that I invest and buy into their building project plan.
They showed me the Palm Jumeriah (which has been sold out) and a new one yet to be built close to the world tallest building.
In the vacation ownership scheme, you are told to buy weekly or monthly ownership of a flat in the building and later use it, rent it or sell it as you wish whenever the project is completed.

I turned down the offer because I do not trust them. And moreover there is no guarantee that they will find someone to buy or rent the apartment when it appreciates in value. And me I am not interested in going on vacation in Dubai.

Has anybody tried this kind of investment in Dubai? What is your experience like? Good investment or 419?
Re: Time-share Vacaton Ownership In Dubai. by Thadude(m): 1:56pm On Feb 23, 2009
It is actually a good investment. Time share vacation is one of the newest travel accomodation being sold out to interested holiday goers. It will profit you if u are a frequent flyer. Like it will help our governors and Mr. President to save money. Because depending on the company selling the time-share vacation,  if they are global, u will be able to holiday any where in the world wit out worrying about ur hotel bills. I was to buy in  Gatlinburg (tennessee) with over 200 destinations including caribbean, europe , Africa and middle east but had so much on-going pet projects.
I hope they paid u for ur time!. I was paid $200 buck just to spend 1hr with them tryin to sell their time-share thing to me with a free for all lunch. At the end of the day, i asked them if i could come the next day to spend another 1hr wit them, they laughed!!!, Naija blood doesnt change oh, I told them i was locked up in Naijaism! That was april last yr.
Re: Time-share Vacaton Ownership In Dubai. by Delta007(m): 2:08pm On Feb 23, 2009
Tha_dude:

It is actually a good investment. Time share vacation is one of the newest travel accomodation being sold out to interested holiday goers. It will profit you if u are a frequent flyer. Like it will help our governors and Mr. President to save money. Because depending on the company selling the time-share vacation, if they are global, u will be able to holiday any where in the world wit out worrying about ur hotel bills. I was to buy in Gatlinburg (tennessee) with over 200 destinations including caribbean, europe , Africa and middle east but had so much on-going pet projects.
I hope they paid u for ur time!. I was paid $200 buck just to spend 1hr with them tryin to sell their time-share thing to me with a free for all lunch. At the end of the day, i asked them if i could come the next day to spend another 1hr wit them, they laughed!!!, Naija blood doesnt change oh, I told them i was locked up in Naijaism! That was april last yr.
, I wudnt say it's a good investment. Depending on how often you travel, what alternate investments you can have, etc. Remember, despite being a time share owner, you may have to book in advance to be able to get a space in popular destinations like Vegas, etc
Re: Time-share Vacaton Ownership In Dubai. by Danzara: 2:49pm On Oct 08, 2015
My input below is based on my actual experience!!!

Timeshare is not a good investment option. You can never profit from Timeshare ownership if you are thinking of buying it as an investment option. But, if you a frequent flyer or annual holiday person then you can get one, but as an investment its absolutely a white elephant project, because when you are buying from the retailer, what you pay is the cost of the timeshare plus marketing and administrative cost, which can be upto 50% to 60% of the cost, so if you are selling it you will surely sale it at a very big loss..... probably less than 30% of the value of your initial purchase.
Re: Time-share Vacaton Ownership In Dubai. by ifyalways(f): 3:53pm On Oct 08, 2015
OP, do NOT , I repeat,do NOT buy in timeshare in UAE.

There is NO, not even a single benefit of doing so meanwhile you will pay through your nose every month, with or without your consent and there is no getting out.
Re: Time-share Vacaton Ownership In Dubai. by ifyalways(f): 3:54pm On Oct 08, 2015
Geez, this is an OLD thread. embarassed embarassed

Gosh, who resurrected this thread?
Re: Time-share Vacaton Ownership In Dubai. by afoxy17: 4:22pm On Dec 29, 2017
Danzara:
My input below is based on my actual experience!!!

Timeshare is not a good investment option. You can never profit from Timeshare ownership if you are thinking of buying it as an investment option. But, if you a frequent flyer or annual holiday person then you can get one, but as an investment its absolutely a white elephant project, because when you are buying from the retailer, what you pay is the cost of the timeshare plus marketing and administrative cost, which can be upto 50% to 60% of the cost, so if you are selling it you will surely sale it at a very big loss..... probably less than 30% of the value of your initial purchase.

hi I am a victim too, how can I get across to you

(1) (Reply)

Ok. Nigeria Is Bad, We Wont Come Home. A Graduate Parking Sh: It Abroad, Good? / DUBLIN Or INDIA, Which Is Good For Someone Searching For Greener Pasture? ADVICE / Accident At Onne, Rivers State Claims Four Lives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.