Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,206 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:16 AM

Degrees Vs Experience, Which Helps You Get A Job Faster? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Degrees Vs Experience, Which Helps You Get A Job Faster? (19023 Views)

Expert Vs Experience: How I Dealt With My Old School Boss / Returnee Graduates Struggle As Employers Snub Foreign Degrees / Are NOUN Degrees Well Recognised By Major Employers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Degrees Vs Experience, Which Helps You Get A Job Faster? by daamazing(m): 11:49am On Jun 19, 2015
It depends.higher degree and lots of experie_ doest it
Re: Degrees Vs Experience, Which Helps You Get A Job Faster? by Swagk101(m): 11:49am On Jun 19, 2015
Both tongue
Re: Degrees Vs Experience, Which Helps You Get A Job Faster? by damiloladuke: 11:49am On Jun 19, 2015
READ THE DIARY OF A JOBLESS NAIJA YOUTH HERE www.wenogetjob..com
Re: Degrees Vs Experience, Which Helps You Get A Job Faster? by EndtimeBlessing: 11:49am On Jun 19, 2015
Degree gives you introduction to the employer while skills will give you the job. Skill is acquired through experience.
Re: Degrees Vs Experience, Which Helps You Get A Job Faster? by Pope22(m): 11:49am On Jun 19, 2015
How can you get a work without degre

If exprience can gey you a work easier, why do you people go to school to get degrees? People should have abandoned or forgotten about school and be searching for exprience.

1 Like

Re: Degrees Vs Experience, Which Helps You Get A Job Faster? by anonimi: 11:49am On Jun 19, 2015
SHOULD be proven experience normally.
Re: Degrees Vs Experience, Which Helps You Get A Job Faster? by chi4ik4(m): 11:50am On Jun 19, 2015
quack doctor & degree medical doctor which is better? don't ask unreasonable questions anymore pls
Re: Degrees Vs Experience, Which Helps You Get A Job Faster? by ocheejemb: 11:50am On Jun 19, 2015
MyZoto:
Do you agree? Degrees vs. experience, which matters more?

You cant get a decent job without a degree so how are you supposed to gain this experience.
Re: Degrees Vs Experience, Which Helps You Get A Job Faster? by chinae(m): 11:50am On Jun 19, 2015
Degree is ur first moment of truth nd experience is the second moment of truth.

Just lik when u see a girl, her beauty will attract u to chicke her (1st moment of truth) then her character will conclude ur intention to marry, dump or flirt. (2nd moment of truth)
Re: Degrees Vs Experience, Which Helps You Get A Job Faster? by petux(m): 11:51am On Jun 19, 2015
I think it experience coz u getting a job does not matter if u get it nd u r nt up to d task I mean ur knowledge in DAT particular field is limited u may even loose....EXPERIENCE IS THE BEST TEACHER
Re: Degrees Vs Experience, Which Helps You Get A Job Faster? by asscb(f): 11:51am On Jun 19, 2015
Tenim47:
Commission,bribe,famous made it easier
grin grin
Re: Degrees Vs Experience, Which Helps You Get A Job Faster? by Nobody: 11:51am On Jun 19, 2015
A degree does and am in my finals in school and also got lots of experiences with administrative jobs with diffetent firms, but I finding it difficult getting other jobs coz am yet to have my degree..
Re: Degrees Vs Experience, Which Helps You Get A Job Faster? by kinibigdeal(m): 11:53am On Jun 19, 2015
MyZoto:
Do you agree? Degrees vs. experience, which matters more?

https://www.nairaland.com/2384857/studying-masters-degree-vs-having
Re: Degrees Vs Experience, Which Helps You Get A Job Faster? by tundewoods(m): 11:54am On Jun 19, 2015
Degree gets the job Experience keeps the job grin
Re: Degrees Vs Experience, Which Helps You Get A Job Faster? by Foxflames: 11:54am On Jun 19, 2015
Degree opens the door and experience keeps you inside
Re: Degrees Vs Experience, Which Helps You Get A Job Faster? by Foxflames: 11:55am On Jun 19, 2015
tundewoods:
Degree gets the job Experience keeps the job grin

you read my mind!
Re: Degrees Vs Experience, Which Helps You Get A Job Faster? by NthabeM: 11:56am On Jun 19, 2015
At first glance it may seem as If a degree will get you through the door but in all honesty, your experience and expertise will sustain one longer In a job. Companies will also consider the cost of having to train a fresh graduate with no experience versus someone who already has a wealth of experience with little or no training required. So I guess it really depends on the rope of job in question.
Re: Degrees Vs Experience, Which Helps You Get A Job Faster? by olakunle69(m): 11:57am On Jun 19, 2015
Both works with each other buh nowadays, company's mostly private use experience above degree.
Re: Degrees Vs Experience, Which Helps You Get A Job Faster? by ednut1(m): 11:57am On Jun 19, 2015
experience
Re: Degrees Vs Experience, Which Helps You Get A Job Faster? by deebsman1(m): 11:57am On Jun 19, 2015
Both degree and experience no really as matters as GRACE OF GOD ON YOU. But thou if you ask me to take one, i will say EXPERIENCE
Re: Degrees Vs Experience, Which Helps You Get A Job Faster? by Mustay(m): 11:58am On Jun 19, 2015
Without the degree, the worker may have very terrible experiences to learn from (which could cause the company huge losses)

Without the experience, the worker simply does not know how to practicalize his/her theories; s/he can cause disastrous experiences via practical zing the knowledge.

Both are a wonderful combination!
Re: Degrees Vs Experience, Which Helps You Get A Job Faster? by arizona145(m): 11:59am On Jun 19, 2015
Certificate / Degree can get you the job but Experience will keep you on the job and move you higher. To me it's all about Sabificate and Certificate .
Re: Degrees Vs Experience, Which Helps You Get A Job Faster? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jun 19, 2015
Degree gives you the chance, confidence to drop your resume grin
Re: Degrees Vs Experience, Which Helps You Get A Job Faster? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jun 19, 2015
Depends on the kind of job, you get some kind of jobs cos of your qualifications while some cos of your experience. In Nigeria mostly its experience that help.
Re: Degrees Vs Experience, Which Helps You Get A Job Faster? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jun 19, 2015
here in 9ja its degree.
Re: Degrees Vs Experience, Which Helps You Get A Job Faster? by ThoniaSlim(f): 12:26pm On Jun 19, 2015
Based on experience so far especially in Nigeria's job market, experience would get you a job faster!

Just look at most of the jobs advertised on NL, most of them always require a certain level of experience even for the graduate trainee positions.
Re: Degrees Vs Experience, Which Helps You Get A Job Faster? by tellwisdom: 12:28pm On Jun 19, 2015
Elkewwty:

what do you mean by waste of time

No be canopy wey dem suppose take do party you wear for head so?? sad
Re: Degrees Vs Experience, Which Helps You Get A Job Faster? by delors(m): 12:35pm On Jun 19, 2015
Depends on the degree of experience you have.

1 Like

Re: Degrees Vs Experience, Which Helps You Get A Job Faster? by divinelove(m): 12:41pm On Jun 19, 2015
none na ur connection be d thing tongue
Re: Degrees Vs Experience, Which Helps You Get A Job Faster? by Nenks: 12:52pm On Jun 19, 2015
I wonder how employrs keep demanding an applicant of 20-23 years of age with 35years woking expirience.

1 Like

Re: Degrees Vs Experience, Which Helps You Get A Job Faster? by AdeniyiA(m): 12:55pm On Jun 19, 2015
An experience-'degreed' or 'degreed'-experience is far better than either of the two.
I've discovered that education create a unique difference in human activities i. e an experience degreed in sweeping by a sweeper would be far better than an experienced sweeper...
(disisforillustrative purpose o)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

1.2 Million Applicants Applied For 1,112 Nigeria Immigration Jobs / How Can I Be Recruited Into The Nigerian Army Without Connection? / Crazy Things Done During Job Hunting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.