Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,270 members, 7,811,788 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:32 PM

I will invest in a business idea - Agriculture - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / I will invest in a business idea - Agriculture (4126 Views)

Anambra: Changing The Narrative Through Agriculture - Video / How To Apply For CBN Agriculture LOAN 2016 (NO COLLATERAL) / Business Idea Of Egg Marketing. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I will invest in a business idea - Agriculture by lanre2009: 3:30pm On Jun 25, 2015
jethro2:

Thats also true. There are lot of unpredictable factors in the farm to still consider. The yield could be more than 30tonnes and also could be less.
I have learnt to calculate with a lower value. This way one could be safe.
Pest, Sun, and others play a big role in determining yield. Irrigation will take care of water aspect.

You should also look at the months where the tomatoes will be supplus in the market. This month starts from September through February.
The same basket come as low as N3,000.
3,000 by 20 or 30tonnes is another figure to consider. Thats why I said it still need fine tuning

Hi Jetro, i am very much interested in this your model, but what i would like to find out is the fact that have you figured out how to mitigate the effect of Pest, Sun, etc, on the harvest. This video could give you some idea. It teaches planting vegetables through VERTICAL SACK FARMING.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKcF7joubfI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umiQuuFsvzg
Re: I will invest in a business idea - Agriculture by Pavore9: 3:37pm On Jun 25, 2015
lanre2009:

Hi Jetro, i am very much interested in this your model, but what i would like to find out is the fact that have you figured out how to mitigate the effect of Pest, Sun, etc, on the harvest. This video could give you some idea. It teaches planting vegetables through VERTICAL SACK FARMING.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKcF7joubfI

The video is for hydroponics.
Re: I will invest in a business idea - Agriculture by lanre2009: 3:42pm On Jun 25, 2015
Pavore9:

The video is for hydroponics.

It can also be used to grow tomatoes according to the video... The SEEDS OF GOLD AGRIC PROGRAMME, is it on CITIZEN TV or NTV. Thanks
Re: I will invest in a business idea - Agriculture by Pavore9: 3:52pm On Jun 25, 2015
lanre2009:

It can also be used to grow tomatoes according to the video... The SEEDS OF GOLD AGRIC PROGRAMME, is it on CITIZEN TV or NTV. Thanks

l know it is also for tomatoes but you did mention sack farming. Seeds of Gold is on NTV.
Re: I will invest in a business idea - Agriculture by lanre2009: 4:09pm On Jun 25, 2015
Pavore9:

l know it is also for tomatoes but you did mention sack farming. Seeds of Gold is on NTV.

According to the 2nd video, the farmer also mentioned that the sacks can be used to plant tomatoes too.
Re: I will invest in a business idea - Agriculture by Pavore9: 4:21pm On Jun 25, 2015
lanre2009:

According to the 2nd video, the farmer also mentioned that the sacks can be used to plant tomatoes too.

Yes it can be used for tomatoes, beetroots, spring onions, garden eggs, parsley, kale etc.
Re: I will invest in a business idea - Agriculture by 1miccza: 4:22pm On Jun 25, 2015
Bros you can go into foodstuff export and invest in different foodstuffs it comes with high returns per transaction and you'll like it... What's more you might not use up to a hundredth of your sum..
Re: I will invest in a business idea - Agriculture by Dollyak(f): 6:16pm On Jun 25, 2015
jethro2:
I have agribusiness ideas that does not require N20million. But the conditions that could be favourable are:

(1) Return on investment starting from 10% per month which can be further review after 6month. The capital + Interest in 6 month.

(2) Capital plus gain can not be recoup in one month if you are getting interest on capital of 10% per month.

The Idea.
We have a rural farmers network that plant vegetables.
The main obstacle is the seasonality of rain. Farmers could not plant during the dry season.
Dizengolf sells irrigation kits that could successfully plant quarter acre for N80,000.
The idea is to purchase 40 drip kits that will be equal to 10 acre.
40 farmers will be involve in handling a quarter each.
2 boreholes will be drilled at a cost of N500,000 each to serve the two acres

Other things to buy will be
Seed for Tomato/ Cucumber
Organic fertilizer
Bamboo for staking
Generator to pump water

How to get returns.
An acre if tomato under good agriculture management is expected to yield 30 tonnes.

From April through September, there is always the scarcity of tomatoes in the ope, market.

Currently a 50kg of tomatoes range between N20,000 to N25,000 in the open markets.

I am working with the rural farmers because they have been planting tomatoes for ages and just need to hype their games.

properly managed, an acre will be yielding 20000 divided by 50kg.

One will be expecting 400basket per acre.
Do the maths.
There are lots that needs to be fine tuned if and when I see the a genuine investor.
Tomato life expectancy is 3 month.

Roughly N5million will do the investment trick.
You can also take up the purchasing of all the materials to be use.
From drip to borehole to seed and every necessity

I will take care of the management.

Will #5mill make me the sole proprietor of the company? Because for that amount I will like to setup a registered company with a binding contract.
Re: I will invest in a business idea - Agriculture by Minet16(m): 7:03pm On Jun 25, 2015
j
Re: I will invest in a business idea - Agriculture by endy231: 11:35am On Jun 26, 2015
Account Opened same day thread was started. Older nairalanders knows exactly what this means. grin grin grin
Smart way to get a bussiness idea. hmmmm

Re: I will invest in a business idea - Agriculture by venturecap: 3:08pm On Jun 27, 2015
endy231:
Account Opened same day thread was started. Older nairalanders knows exactly what this means. grin grin grin

Or it could mean that I am protecting my online identity. Now run along and play. This is for serious people
Re: I will invest in a business idea - Agriculture by dav8id(m): 3:53pm On Jun 27, 2015
endy231:

it has being happening for a long time now bro grin i swear if i have that kind of money,i will just kuku go for business consultant or expert and hire their service. Well i hope out of the numerous ideas share here @op go pick one .. grin cheesy
Re: I will invest in a business idea - Agriculture by jethro2: 11:08pm On Jun 27, 2015
endy231:
Getting a business idea is not relevant as getting the idea executed.
No one could execute someones idea as the real vision carrier. It can be copied but will never be the same

2 Likes

Re: I will invest in a business idea - Agriculture by tolexy05(m): 5:08am On Jun 28, 2015
Hi, i have a feedmil plant in akure ondo state if you can invest a little in the business you wont regret it, and with the increase in the number of people going into animal rearin you will find out its worth it. Thanks
Re: I will invest in a business idea - Agriculture by Gladmama(f): 9:23am On Jul 04, 2015
Africans are blessed, but they don't know it. Some that know do not believe it. Those that believe and live it eat the fat of the land. Those that want to suffer leave the land for slavery in foreign land and languish in their old age or fall short of longevity. If everyone examine the works of their hand as in what gift God gave to them when coming to earth and use it. African will be a great nation especially Nigeria. The problem of Africa does not lie within nature. God is not angry with Africa, the problem lies in ruling and management. But surely God is saying he will strike, the the orchestrators and perpetrators will be seriously dealt with. The time is moving nigh. It will be like the days of Noah, when people were full of evil contempt and disobedience, did not listen to warnings but when this time came, God used the power he gave nature, he instructed nature to destroy. Let all of us use the gift that our maker gave us to replenish the land and nature will bless and heal us. Find any thing to do with nature, do not abuse it, it will kill you. Pray to your maker to help you, he will answer. Perhaps he is not answering because you are out of range, not within the parameters he gave you. If you want to grow, grow, he will help you. If you want to breed, breed, he will help you. Do not be a nuisance to the work of God, you will loose your existence. That is the message he gave me this morning to give to his beloved people. I am sure this will answer someones' question as the spirit is telling me. Shalom!

3 Likes

Re: I will invest in a business idea - Agriculture by PrinceOga: 11:12pm On Jul 06, 2015

Re: I will invest in a business idea - Agriculture by jidewash(m): 6:39am On Jul 07, 2015
You can make d money,talk to us on jidewash@live.com.not all business can be discuss openly.just send your email or text it.will send you a proposal.
Meanwhile u can check out some of other things we do on bbm channel C00262E1E.
I would hv love to post here but I don't want people to start argument.thanks
Re: I will invest in a business idea - Agriculture by Yeecar(m): 6:11pm On Jul 07, 2015
Mushroom Cultivation Business! ROI is above 500% and Harvest is within a month, maximum.
Mushrooms grow on agro waste such as sawdust and they don't require a land to grow, they are indoor plants. The demand is higher than the supply!. Read the article below, for more info. Feel free to contact me if you are interested in the business.

https://www.nairaland.com/2113936/mushroom-cultivation-easiest-way-becoming
Re: I will invest in a business idea - Agriculture by Ltrust(m): 4:19am On Aug 25, 2016
Business opportunities abound in agricultural commodity processing. You can process sheanut to crude sheabutter and even further to refined sheabutter. There is already market for processed sheabutter in Nigeria and European countries.The raw material is sheanut and it is abundant in states of Kwara, Niger, Oyo and Kebbi states. Locating your production plant closer to the shea states will be a comparative advantage. Return on investment is over 80%. Extraction rate is about 34%. Note that one(1) Metric ton of sheanut(raw material) goes for N60,000 while crude processed sheabutter is N300,000 per ton. Investing in shea processing business either in small scale, medium or large scale will not just be very profitable but a wise investment.

Bankable and Comprehensive feasibility study/Operational plan/financial projections on setting up this project on a large scale is available to ready investors./07033097160.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ginger Buyers And Suppliers In Nigeria / Hand Held Manual Maize Planter Needed / Crop For Plantin Btwn Oct Nd January

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.