Stats: 3,152,420 members, 7,815,951 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

Oscar Red Carpet - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Oscar Red Carpet (6224 Views)

Braless Red Carpet Photos At AMVCA / Red Carpet: 2012 Elite Model Look Nigeria Finale / ~ BET Hip- Hop Awards 2009: Red Carpet Rundown ~ (2) (3) (4)

Re: Oscar Red Carpet by kadman(m): 9:56pm On Feb 23, 2009
tope2000:

Beyonce - Fugly n tight as usual undecided

Beyonce's fat ass and thighs are about to explode in that ugly sh*t. That ho ruins all award shows for me angry

tope2000:

Angelina Jolie- Classy but boring

Very boring in her ususal "black" uniform. She wears the same color and thing all the time to hide the fact that she has no fashion sense,and should really be on worst dress lists.

tope2000:

Sarah J P- Very cute

SJP was best dressed to me ! Very hawt,and when did she suddenly have breasts smiley
Re: Oscar Red Carpet by tpia: 9:59pm On Feb 23, 2009
Re: Oscar Red Carpet by tope2000(f): 10:03pm On Feb 23, 2009
kadman:

SJP was best dressed to me ! Very hawt,and when did she suddenly have breasts smiley

Rofl . . . . .I wonder, i remember i was stunned when i saw her boobs poppin out of that dress . . . . maybe she has a boobjob undecided

Alicia keys  . . . . . . . . . why why why angry angry angry
Pls loose the WIG, it doesnt suit u lipsrsealed
Re: Oscar Red Carpet by SeanT21(f): 10:46pm On Feb 23, 2009
I love Taraji dress.GO GIRL!!

Beyance~~~Why was she even there.YAAAAWN!!

Angelina could have done better but brad looks cute.

Jennifer Aniston~~*roll eyes**

Anie Hathway.GO GIRL!!

Halle Berry~~Beautiful Gown!!
Re: Oscar Red Carpet by cooldud62: 11:23pm On Feb 23, 2009
why was beyonce there?
the last time i checked,she acts lol

they are all nicely dressed execpt for a few.
credit crunch sure is not affecting these peeps.
Re: Oscar Red Carpet by Treetop20(m): 12:18am On Feb 24, 2009
Tilda always dresses like her characters
cheesy cheesy
Re: Oscar Red Carpet by blissfullynaughty: 12:55am On Feb 24, 2009
Didn't watch the Oscars, but I must say that from the photos, I quite like Amy Adams's dress, but from some angles it looked a lil weird. . . kinda like an acquired taste dress. Really liked Vanessa Hudgens's black and white number and Kate Winslet'd dress was nice if a little boring. Really digging Marisa Tomei's dress which was the loveliest though it is grey. Halle Berry looked quite voluptuous and ravishing, and Reese Witherspoon looked chubbyish. On the whole though, contrary to Spiked's opinion, I feel that it was not as flash as the Oscars usually are. The accessories did not blow one away especially in the jewellry department.
Re: Oscar Red Carpet by tope2000(f): 1:19am On Feb 24, 2009
Treetop20:

Tilda always dresses like her characters
cheesy cheesy

she sure does grin
fu.ckin weird woman undecided
Re: Oscar Red Carpet by KarmaMod(f): 2:52am On Feb 24, 2009
Tilda looked like trash as usual

Best everything is definitely Natalie Portman. Not just the dress, her makeup, her hair, the whole look was awesome.

Kate has dressed well for all the awards this year too
Re: Oscar Red Carpet by Nobody: 2:59am On Feb 24, 2009
3 best dressed - Miley Cyrus, Reese Witherspoon and Meryl Streep. Best was Witherspoon.

2 cents
Re: Oscar Red Carpet by blissfullynaughty: 4:18am On Feb 24, 2009
davidylan:

3 best dressed - Miley Cyrus, Reese Witherspoon and Meryl Streep. Best was Witherspoon.

2 cents

Oh, whatddaya know? tongue (Your 2 cents aint worth much mister. Hang on tight to 'em or you'd soon be broke. LOL cheesy)
Re: Oscar Red Carpet by spikedcylinder: 7:50am On Feb 24, 2009
Funny thing, Tilda's dress is beginning to make sense to me. The woman just loves to cover up her entire body. Her 2008 Oscar dress was very funny!

Witherspoon? Best dressed? Her dress that looked like tie and dye adire. tongue

I agree with Natalie Portman, she looked divine!
Re: Oscar Red Carpet by mohawkchic(f): 6:30pm On Feb 24, 2009
~As Always,you got to expect the Hits & Misses  What-Were-They-Thinking!!  grin
Re: Oscar Red Carpet by blissfullynaughty: 8:02pm On Feb 24, 2009
KarmaMod:

Tilda looked like trash as usual

Best everything is definitely Natalie Portman. Not just the dress, her makeup, her hair, the whole look was awesome.

Kate has dressed well for all the awards this year too

Abeg her dress was not the best. Not even best 3 [size=5pt](or in my personal opinion not even top 5)[/size]. It is the Pink colour that made it stand out (Take away the colour and I am sure the critics would have barred their fangs at Natalie's dress). Did anyone else notice that there was a sort of similarity between the dresses of Natalie Portman and Evan Rachel Wood? Only that Ms Wood's dress was white. If the truth be told, I think her dress is way better than Natalies too. It has a nice exquisite cut. Marisa Tomei's dress was so much better. The intricacies of the dress, its cut etc was something else.
Re: Oscar Red Carpet by spikedcylinder: 11:44am On Feb 25, 2009
blissfullynaughty:

Abeg her dress was not the best. Not even best 3 [size=5pt](or in my personal opinion not even top 5)[/size]. It is the Pink colour that made it stand out (Take away the colour and I am sure the critics would have barred their fangs at Natalie's dress). Did anyone else notice that there was a sort of similarity between the dresses of Natalie Portman and Evan Rachel Wood? Only that Ms Wood's dress was white. If the truth be told, I think her dress is way better than Natalies too. It has a nice exquisite cut. Marisa Tomei's dress was so much better. The intricacies of the dress, its cut etc was something else.

Comot dia! Portman's dress was beautiful, I think its the colour of the dress thats even downplaying the true beauty of that dress.

That your yeye Amy Adam's dress that looks like something that has just seen the business end of a woman's period. tongue
Re: Oscar Red Carpet by tohloo: 1:12pm On Feb 25, 2009
jessica biel - i wonder why she decided to hide that nice derriere of hers in that sack- like dress, it was very unflattering to her figure
@spikedcylinder ur comment about sophia loren was so funny and right
halle berry - looking lovely as usual
viloa davis - i didnt know viola was so beautiful until i saw her on the red carpet, loved her dress and her hair was very lovely too
tilda swinton - she scares the s**t out of me, as u rightly said she most definitely is the "mother of all things weird"
jennifer aniston - looked divine loved her dress
brangelina - dont know why there was so much hype about them, angelina her look was boring.[sup][/sup]enough with the black already
i loved freida pintos dress on her,and she is soooo sweet
kate winslet - the assymetric dress was nice
penelope cruz - divine in the white ball dress
taraji p henson - looked so beautiful,lovely hairdo,great dress,eyecathing jewelry
vennesa hudgens - i wish she had opted for a different dress, maybe adress with colour or something,i think that dress was way too mature for her
anne hathaway - she looked well put together
beyonce - did she have to wear hat house of dereon dress,its quite unsightly!
Re: Oscar Red Carpet by Yetchilli: 1:21pm On Feb 25, 2009
Hi

Mohakwick

My name is Yetunde Jack, I’m starting up a new fashion magazine in Nigeria tagged “Elite Fashion Magazine” I have read through few of your column in Naira land and it seems you have a flare for fashion, I’m presently in search of writers for the magazine, and would like to know if you would be interested in being a writer or if there is anything else you wish to contribute as.

Please mail me at yetundj@mtnnigeria.net

Thanks,
Re: Oscar Red Carpet by KarmaMod(f): 4:08pm On Feb 25, 2009
Comot dia! Portman's dress was beautiful, I think its the colour of the dress thats even downplaying the true beauty of that dress

Dont mind bliss. Marisa Tomei ko. Melissa Torment ni. Susan Saradon is 20 yrs older than her and looks better. Like I said, it wasnt JUST the dress for Natalie, it was the whole thing. Her hair, the makeup, shoes, everything. Gorgeous. Evan Rachel looked good, not better but I'd place her 2nd. Not a fan of Venessa Hudgson but her dress was very nice too.

Amy looked like a used tampon grin

Worst are definitely Tilda and Jessica Biel.
Re: Oscar Red Carpet by ajilete(f): 5:41pm On Feb 25, 2009
Beyonces dress was horrid!! Tight,yuk! the colour! the pattern, too much, too christmas wrapper with all that shiny gold leaf! Yuk! and the fish tail looked so tight it cut her figure in half making her legs look short/.
Portmans dress was lovely, simple and boy that colour, yummy
i agree with toohlo, angelinas dress was sooo boring and she was gripping onto Brad for dead life, Jennifer Anniston was same old same old, almost wall flowery, same red carpet look.
taraji looked delectable and classy
penelope cruz was like an angelic vision in ivory
kate winslet always dresses to suit her shape and colouring and looked great
Tilda as usual looked like something from the Adamms family! Frightening and im begining to think she does it on purpose, hsssss
i loved Mileys dress, it looked heavy but divine still!
Marisa Tomei over did it a bit becasue at the baftas or was it golden globes she looked like she was dressed for a tea party! but she did look nice at the Oscars.
as for Jessica Beil, i felt like ripping that bogus ugly gigantic bow tie thingamagig off her dress! why do they wrap themselves up like christmas candy?
Re: Oscar Red Carpet by Gamine(f): 7:07pm On Feb 25, 2009
Whats wrong with Beyonce or Tildas Dress undecided

I didnt like Natalie Portman's dress colour though. . .

Most of them really looked stunning,

I really loved Kate Winslet and Taraji that night.
Re: Oscar Red Carpet by blissfullynaughty: 8:39pm On Feb 25, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Comot dia! Portman's dress was beautiful, I think its the colour of the dress thats even downplaying the true beauty of that dress.

That your yeye Amy Adam's dress that looks like something that has just seen the business end of a woman's period. tongue

Abeg jo. Which useless colour? Place Rachel Woods dress side by side with Natalie and tell me that Natalie's dress is better. All you pink aficionados, make I hear word ojare. embarassed I did say that Amy Adam's dress was an acquired taste (it has to grow on you. LOL)

KarmaMod:

Dont mind bliss. Marisa Tomei ko. Melissa Torment ni. Susan Saradon is 20 yrs older than her and looks better. Like I said, it wasnt JUST the dress for Natalie, it was the whole thing. Her hair, the makeup, shoes, everything. Gorgeous. Evan Rachel looked good, not better but I'd place her 2nd. Not a fan of Venessa Hudgson but her dress was very nice too.

Amy looked like a used tampon grin

Worst are definitely Tilda and Jessica Biel.

Haba! Haba!! Make una take am easy o. I did not comment on the beauty of either Marisa or Natalie, just their dresses and this one na arun oju o cos Natalie's dress o kin se egbe Marisa's dress. . . at all, at all. That Marisa's dress na gba kan shubu o. LOL. Anyway, I guess everyone has their different tastes. undecided
Re: Oscar Red Carpet by spikedcylinder: 8:23am On Feb 26, 2009
Lol @ pink aficionados! grin grin grin
Re: Oscar Red Carpet by spikedcylinder: 6:19pm On Feb 26, 2009
Naomi Watts 2004

Although she failed to pick up Best Actress trophy, (Charlize Theron in flesh-toned Gucci swiped this), Watts' old school glitzy glamour dress, which had clearly taken several hundred laboured hours of bead-sewing, announced the arrival of yet another blonde actress from Oz as a serious Hollywood contender. Everything from her five-carat pink-diamond Fred Leighton earrings to her Swarovski-encrusted gown glittered just like a superstar should.

Re: Oscar Red Carpet by spikedcylinder: 6:23pm On Feb 26, 2009
Nicole Kidman 2007

"Redder than the carpet"
Her tomato red Balenciaga, with its dramatic neck tie and cut away shoulders complimented her long neck and svelte body.

Where the heck is iice? angry angry angry

Re: Oscar Red Carpet by spikedcylinder: 7:14pm On Feb 26, 2009
Penelope Cruz 2007

In this powder puff Atelier Versace number.

Re: Oscar Red Carpet by spikedcylinder: 7:30pm On Feb 26, 2009
Cate Blanchett 2007

No woman currently works the red carpet quite like Cate. She never lets any dress no matter how starry, brave or bold take over from her crucially chic, jaw-droppingly elegant style. Of the many outstanding creations she has worn to the Academy Awards none showed off her superstar quality (and fabulous body) quite like this silver crystal-mesh Giorgio Armani Privé mermaid gown. The collaboration of Armani and Blanchett (and futuristic-meets-classic bodycon trend) is a one-off, heaven on earth union.

Re: Oscar Red Carpet by spikedcylinder: 7:36pm On Feb 26, 2009
Hilary Swank 2005

This knockout navy blue Guy Laroche gown gave frockwatchers a reason to stay glued to Oscar night. All that training for Million Dollar Baby paid off. Swank, with a body to die for, showed off her toned back and perfect front with this striking dress that clung to every curve, except the back of course which was spectacularly bare. The story goes glamazonian Swank had been meant to wear a dress by Calvin Klein designer Francisco Costa but changed her mind at the last minute. And she won Best Actress Oscar of course.

Her boobs in this dress makes me wanna go all lesbian on her. Binch. tongue grin

Re: Oscar Red Carpet by spikedcylinder: 7:39pm On Feb 26, 2009
Gwyneth Paltrow 1999

This was frigging 1999. grin

Re: Oscar Red Carpet by spikedcylinder: 7:57pm On Feb 26, 2009
Michelle Williams 2006

This brave choice of egg yolk Vera Wang, with its plunging tulle neckline and Southern Belle placed Michelle Williams firmly on the fashion radar. Worn with dazzling Chopard diamonds, simple hair waves and a flash of red lipstick, although Williams didn't win best supporting actress (for Brokeback Mountain which she was nominated for), she did catch the stares. Not many women could have pulled off this colour.

Re: Oscar Red Carpet by spikedcylinder: 8:03pm On Feb 26, 2009
Tilda Swinton 2008

For any attendee, much less an eventual Best Supporting Actress winner (Michael Clayton), getting ready for the big night should involve more than raiding a box of trash bags from Lanvin.

Re: Oscar Red Carpet by spikedcylinder: 8:04pm On Feb 26, 2009
[b]Cameron Dia[/b]z 2002

This awkwardly belted, unfortunately accessorized gown was only made worse by the actress' fresh out of bed head.

Re: Oscar Red Carpet by spikedcylinder: 8:06pm On Feb 26, 2009
Celine Dion 1999

Backward tux. Don't even get me started on the pants. undecided

Uk & Us Highly Quality Sneakers, Shoes ,factory Deal Price.. Be Your Own Boss / .. / Female Sneakers In Nigeria!

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59