Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,426 members, 7,819,553 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

Crack In APC Nwc:deputy National Publicity Secretary Calls For Oyegun's Resignat - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Crack In APC Nwc:deputy National Publicity Secretary Calls For Oyegun's Resignat (430 Views)

Governors Loyal To Tinubu, Atiku Absent At Meeting With APC NWC / The Contestants For PDP National Publicity Secretary / Fresh Crisis Hits APC, Deputy National Publicity Scribe Asks Chairman To Resign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Crack In APC Nwc:deputy National Publicity Secretary Calls For Oyegun's Resignat by notobs: 5:12pm On Jun 16, 2015
ABUJA- STRONG indications have emerged that a sharp crack exists among the National Working Committee, NWC of the All Progressives Congress, APC, following a call by the Deputy National Publicity Secretary of the party, Comrade Timi Frank on the party National Chairman, Chief John Odigie- Oyegun to resign from his position.
Frank noted that the APC failed because Chief Oyegun did not consult widely before embarking on the mock election which he said ridiculed the party, adding that the chairman’s action suggested that he acted under undue pressure to conduct the mock elections as admitted by him and was therefore of the opinion that if the ‎APC was to rid itself of the mistakes of the PDP, it needed a chairman that would insulate himself from undue pressure no matter where such pressure emanated from.
But in a swift reaction the National Publicity Secretary of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Alhaji Lai Mohammed has said that Nigerians should ignore his deputy, Comrade Timi Frank who on Monday in Abuja called for the resignation of the party’s national chairman, Chief John Oyegun for gross incompetence.
It will be recalled that Frank also took a swipe at his immediate boss over comment credited to him(Mohammed) that president Moahmmadu Buhari is not the leader of the party.
But reacting to Frank, Mohammed who spoke to our correspondent on phone said that Nigerians should not take his deputy seriously.
“Just ignore him. I said it in the context that Buhari is the leader of the whole of Nigeria, not just of my party that’s why I said I don’t want to react to Timi Frank. I don’t even want to answer him at all”, Mohammed said
According to Timi Frank, it became imperative for the chairman and leadership of the party to resign having embarked on what he described as an embarrassing mock election that never had the blessings of the entire party’s leadership, adding that the leadership exhibited gross incompetence to manage the National Assembly issue until it blew out of hand.
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/crack-in-apc-nwc-as-deputy-national-publicity-secretary-calls-for-oyeguns-resignation/#sthash.xnCGq4QZ.dpuf

(1) (Reply)

Metuh Fires Back At Kwankwaso For Anti-pdp Comment / Buhari’s ‘i’m Too Old’ Statement Misrepresented - Presidency / I Met An Empty Treasury, Wike Insists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.