Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,776 members, 7,824,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

Benue APC Chairman, Abba Yaro Reportedly Leads Attack On Members - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benue APC Chairman, Abba Yaro Reportedly Leads Attack On Members (11417 Views)

BENUE: APC Youth Leader, 3 Others Killed In Fresh Fulani Herdsmen, Farmers Clash / Crisis Hits Benue APC As Party Chairman, Abba Yaro Fights Member / Kogi Guber: Audu Will Return The N11bn He Stole If Elected - APC Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benue APC Chairman, Abba Yaro Reportedly Leads Attack On Members by zik4ever: 8:03am On Jun 17, 2015
The crisis currently rocking the All Progressives Congress, APC, in Benue State took a bloody dimension yesterday after the state’s chairman, Comrade Abba Yaro reportedly led some group of political thugs to attack party chieftains during a meeting in Makurdi, the State capital.

DAILY POST gathered that problem ensued on Monday, during a meeting held at Monatel Hotel, Makurdi, to resolve the issue of appointments in Ogbadibo.

It was learnt that apart from the Deputy Governor, others at the meeting were Tony Odo, the Ogbadibo Local Government Campaign Coordinator for Ortom/Abounu and Chief Johnson Agada, the APC Leader of the same local government.

Comrade Yaro is a native of Ogbadibo.

It was gathered that Chief Agada and other party leaders had insisted that in the interest of justice and equity, it was the turn of Orokam District to produce the Caretaker Chairman, and more so, the district gave APC 100 percent.

Orokam and Owukpa had previously produced caretaker chairman of the local government.

However, this opinion did not go down well with Yaro, who argued that his candidate, Benson Audu was the best man for the job.

He claimed that the Governor had given him the complete control of the council as compensation for his role in the Party’s victory.

An eyewitness told our correspondent that shortly after the Deputy Governor had left the hotel, Abba Yaro, the State APC Chairman, who got wind of the meeting, stormed the hotel about 11.30pm with 6 thugs who beat up Tony Odo mercilessly, upon citing him.

“He severally asked of the whereabouts of Chief Johnson Agada, before he broke a plastic chair on the head of his candidate’s opponent, Tony Odo and he subsequently ordered his boys to stab him on his ear.

“Agada narrowly escaped the attack after which he put a call across to the Deputy Governor to report the incident.

“The victim was taken to a hospital in Makurdi where doctors are battling to save his life”, the source hinted.

Speaking further, the eyewitness said, all memebers present at the meeting were shocked beyond words at the conduct of the APC Chairman, Yaro.

“Honestly, Yaro got himself practically involved in thuggery as he was itching to fight but was successfully restrained by the APC Zonal Chairman for Benue South (Zone C) Murtala Mohammed, who accompanied him”, he added.

When DAILY POST contacted Agada, APC leader in Ogbadibo, he confirmed the ugly incident, saying that Yaro had even at a recent caucus meeting in Ogbadibo averred that the local government belonged to him.

His words, “I’m not surprised because he had vowed to deal ruthlessly with anyone who opposes his choice of caretaker Chairman, Benson Audu from Otukpa District. His insistence on Audu and willingness to destroy the party is not based on justice, equity or merit but personal aggrandizement.

“He came because of me but when I heard what was going on, I refused to come out of my hotel hotel room. I heard him shouting ‘where is Agada’, before he ordered his boy to cut off one of Odo’s ears and they left the scene”.

Another party member who does not want his name in print confirmed the incident, said Yaro had always operated with the highest level of impunity.

“He moves around with a team of Police who have thugs embedded.

“At the Kangaroo stakeholders meeting he organized recently in Ogbadibo, he used the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) to intimidate his opponents out of the venue.

“His continued stay in office as State Party Chairman will cost the party and the state dearly. He has never been an asset but a great liability”, he said.

When this reporter contacted the Benue State Police Command, on Tuesday, the police authorities, however, denied knowledge of the incident.

However, when contacted, Abba Yaro said he was in Abuja at the time the said incident occurred.
He added that it was lies concocted by some persons to rubbish his hard earned name and reputation.
http://dailypost.ng/2015/06/16/benue-apc-chairman-abba-yaro-reportedly-leads-attack-on-members-photovideo/
Re: Benue APC Chairman, Abba Yaro Reportedly Leads Attack On Members by neutrotoba(m): 8:05am On Jun 17, 2015
Re: Benue APC Chairman, Abba Yaro Reportedly Leads Attack On Members by sweetval: 8:06am On Jun 17, 2015
This politicians sef.. Continue...

1 Like

Re: Benue APC Chairman, Abba Yaro Reportedly Leads Attack On Members by dannyville2(m): 8:07am On Jun 17, 2015
Apc in a big mess. Is this the change they promised?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benue APC Chairman, Abba Yaro Reportedly Leads Attack On Members by Lordave: 8:20am On Jun 17, 2015
Sincerely speaking, there haven't been notable changes except the increase in crime rate and Boko Haram intensified attacks on Nigerians since May 29th.

I still want to believe I wasn't hoodwinked into agitation for a Change in government.

Anyway, I'm still patient and hoping that the new government is planning massively good in its awkward silence.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benue APC Chairman, Abba Yaro Reportedly Leads Attack On Members by Lovexme(m): 8:21am On Jun 17, 2015
When rogues become politicians, you get chaos. undecided

In other news, it's my birthday cool

Happy birthday to me, and all Nairalanders celebrating theirs today. #June17 #Gemini cool smiley

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benue APC Chairman, Abba Yaro Reportedly Leads Attack On Members by ITbomb(m): 8:21am On Jun 17, 2015
I won't be surprised if the police wore the banned camouflage to do thuggery for the politician

“He moves around with a team of Police who have thugs embedded.
“At the Kangaroo stakeholders meeting he organized recently in Ogbadibo, he used the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) to intimidate his opponents out of the venue.
120 Unlikes (Unlike)

4 Likes

Re: Benue APC Chairman, Abba Yaro Reportedly Leads Attack On Members by Nokiae5: 8:22am On Jun 17, 2015
BUHARI,your government go worse ooooooo

1 Like

Re: Benue APC Chairman, Abba Yaro Reportedly Leads Attack On Members by Juliaann(f): 8:22am On Jun 17, 2015
Change indeedgrin grin

1 Like

Re: Benue APC Chairman, Abba Yaro Reportedly Leads Attack On Members by GentleMimi: 8:22am On Jun 17, 2015
Party of thugs. Even if u bath a pig with Eva spring water, it wld always return to the mud. Not beefing though, but since their emergence as a ruling party, APC seems incapable of dealing with their issues.

#awaitingchange#

4 Likes

Re: Benue APC Chairman, Abba Yaro Reportedly Leads Attack On Members by Nobody: 8:22am On Jun 17, 2015
mumu dey worry them
Re: Benue APC Chairman, Abba Yaro Reportedly Leads Attack On Members by freshness2020: 8:22am On Jun 17, 2015
Area Personified Criminals (APC)
..the hoodlums role model. I just pray we have not be one chanced... Na God still hold power.

2 Likes

Re: Benue APC Chairman, Abba Yaro Reportedly Leads Attack On Members by otijah(m): 8:22am On Jun 17, 2015
This is just the advertisment, the main film neva start oo

4 Likes

Re: Benue APC Chairman, Abba Yaro Reportedly Leads Attack On Members by olasclef(m): 8:22am On Jun 17, 2015
i was here cheesy cheesy wink smiley
Re: Benue APC Chairman, Abba Yaro Reportedly Leads Attack On Members by Sweetyie(f): 8:22am On Jun 17, 2015
CHaNGe is HeRe

2 Likes

Re: Benue APC Chairman, Abba Yaro Reportedly Leads Attack On Members by bornmekus: 8:22am On Jun 17, 2015
A.P.C, combination of greedy and desperate men in Nigeria.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benue APC Chairman, Abba Yaro Reportedly Leads Attack On Members by Maczeelly(m): 8:22am On Jun 17, 2015
Watching.......
Re: Benue APC Chairman, Abba Yaro Reportedly Leads Attack On Members by daamazing(m): 8:23am On Jun 17, 2015
WAT Is now my own business
Re: Benue APC Chairman, Abba Yaro Reportedly Leads Attack On Members by AdebisiAdeyinka(m): 8:23am On Jun 17, 2015
This apc sef... Na wao

1 Like

Re: Benue APC Chairman, Abba Yaro Reportedly Leads Attack On Members by bonechamberlain(m): 8:23am On Jun 17, 2015
wonderful.... this is what happens when u are not prepared for victory but for violence... now they have seen victory instead of rejoicing with one another and take the country to the next level, everyone of them are fighting to be the boss.

1 Like

Re: Benue APC Chairman, Abba Yaro Reportedly Leads Attack On Members by donholy28(m): 8:24am On Jun 17, 2015
Still looking for d change wey conductor give me...abeg everybody come down make i search d bus.

2 Likes

Re: Benue APC Chairman, Abba Yaro Reportedly Leads Attack On Members by Nobody: 8:24am On Jun 17, 2015
APC, party of thugs

4 Likes

Re: Benue APC Chairman, Abba Yaro Reportedly Leads Attack On Members by sosanova: 8:24am On Jun 17, 2015
[size=15pt] grin grin grin
change
[/size]
Re: Benue APC Chairman, Abba Yaro Reportedly Leads Attack On Members by Lovexme(m): 8:25am On Jun 17, 2015
Pardon me guys.

Birthdays:
martcrown(28), numen(35), adeoyejak(49), omowest(58), shesan4u, pestrat(42), tomaagy, habiolah, nwapee, podosci(23), chaikie(26), Lovexme, Hezzymania(26), Teaser4(27), Belexy, Kutenluvly, DENISE17, andysnoopy(29), Atiluv(29), Johnson84(31), Liciase(27), CHYMA0258, juiceyjay(27), AlexJ1, OJtOp2(35), Esosa01, piragirl(29), hero70(22), pinkgems, Yemmyteespeed007, Fejok01(41), ebyniza(37), 17lee(32), ogunsinamayowa(23), goldfish80(27), Immaangel(24), darniejay, bumps(31), jasonclement(23), Henrhyme4u(27), profodun, favouryemmy, soonpoint, bhouze(29), bank2k4real, igbokwesampson(29), harriseen, Babytoony(21), prodigistopy(25), faitheverest(27), possibilita(24), theHanafis(26), Luizy(29), slow2020, harfiiz(28), Adeboyefa, yuzed(26), summerB(35), 2map(19), ramjaneen(21), FxTizzle(35), deri4luv1(22), PrinceAdepoju, opeodun(24), NosoChic, tkids, Branzy(19), Arlex(21), Dcaliphate, KanayoNwabuwa(27), gloryl, bravexpensive(26), skinnybleed, McGibson(26), Omoaregba(29), faithogos(36), toyejohnson, inception101, TPsuccessT(23), newtownguy(23), charlesadeoye, Maccoy1, comffy(25), harrywary(20), Nogodye(24), benedict570(25), drews(28), madgoat(33), bobbyluis, olucege, djdavisy(22), fashiajones(22), connectadex(21), slick04(23), Arsenella007(96), kurukonga(25), kelebobs(26), dutchessemma, setemi4ever(39), podada(32), Phoenickz(18), Horlaz(29), johnchukky(23), Bbykam(25), Valentine73(42), godspeedtravels(39), diamond33(25), jayceeland, shininglight78, izumoneey(24), Jiloa

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PARTNERS. cool

5 Likes

Re: Benue APC Chairman, Abba Yaro Reportedly Leads Attack On Members by oismail(m): 8:25am On Jun 17, 2015
Reportedly kho, reportedly ni!!!
Abeg how much is N1 to $1 now?
Lemme know if they are equal, hmmmmm!

1 Like

Re: Benue APC Chairman, Abba Yaro Reportedly Leads Attack On Members by valandy99(m): 8:25am On Jun 17, 2015
apc ;Dapc
Re: Benue APC Chairman, Abba Yaro Reportedly Leads Attack On Members by mikidoo1(m): 8:25am On Jun 17, 2015
Change has come

1 Like

Re: Benue APC Chairman, Abba Yaro Reportedly Leads Attack On Members by loomer: 8:26am On Jun 17, 2015
Politicians will always fight for their interests.
Re: Benue APC Chairman, Abba Yaro Reportedly Leads Attack On Members by Nobody: 8:26am On Jun 17, 2015
Nigeria Self sad
Re: Benue APC Chairman, Abba Yaro Reportedly Leads Attack On Members by Nobody: 8:27am On Jun 17, 2015
APC and thuggery

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benue APC Chairman, Abba Yaro Reportedly Leads Attack On Members by Nobody: 8:27am On Jun 17, 2015
These kind of news about the APSh*t just makes me happy! cheesy... op u"ve made my day! *whistling tunelessly away*

3 Likes

Re: Benue APC Chairman, Abba Yaro Reportedly Leads Attack On Members by Chukwutobi: 8:27am On Jun 17, 2015
Family: Don't join politics o.

Politician: why?

Family: Politics is a dirty game.

Politician: I am a pig and love to play in dirty waters.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

N100,000 Minimum Wage For Police - NGO Advocates / Plateau Assembly: Jang To Lead Protest Against “illegality” / Edwin Clark Endorses APC's Omo-Agege In Delta Governorship Race

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.