Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,078 members, 7,842,088 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 08:18 PM

Lagos MMIA Tax & Duty Free Section Is A Scam - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos MMIA Tax & Duty Free Section Is A Scam (939 Views)

Foreigners Come For A Nigerian Who Claimed Chibok Girls Kidnap Is A Scam / Chibok Girls’ Matter Is A Scam – Omatsola Williams, WOWICCN National President / Madukar Orji Harassed At MMIA By DSS - Man Alleges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lagos MMIA Tax & Duty Free Section Is A Scam by ketekete: 8:38pm On Jun 17, 2015

A man in his 40s was travelling with his son (3 years plus I think), and they were stopped in the Check Point 3, mind you, they were not the first people to be stopped but the case of this man stands out.

This man, I will call him Mr. Wale, bought a juice for his little son at one of the TAX & DUTY FREE shops, thinking he would be allowed to board the flight with the juice and his son would have something to drink on the 6-hours long journey to Spain.

Unfortunately, he was stopped and he was asked to throw the juice to trash.

This got Mr. Wale angry, and he angrily threw the juice on the floor (The BAMM sound caught my attention, as I was listening to 50Cent' latest track before the event).

Mr. Wale yelled at the Iberia Airline security crew and asked them why they are treating we Nigerians like shit. Why would they trash something that was bought from the TAX & DUTY FREE shops. He said he paid 200 Naira for the drink, which normally cost 50 Naira in a normal Lagos shop outside the airport.

Mr. Wale and his son were the last people to board the flight, as they were delayed by the security crew for causing a chaotic scenario. More photos from my trip and the scene below..

Culled from: http://ketekete.com/lagos-mmia-tax-duty-free-section-is-a-scam/
Re: Lagos MMIA Tax & Duty Free Section Is A Scam by ketekete: 8:40pm On Jun 17, 2015
I love the improvements, and more for sure is on the way.. but the security of a thing is just terrible.. I was asked to pay EJUNGE at every check point, but as a frequent flyer, I paid nothing. More photos after the cut..

Re: Lagos MMIA Tax & Duty Free Section Is A Scam by ketekete: 8:56pm On Jun 17, 2015
cc lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Benue Lawmakers Engaged in fist fight + APC senate memebers in near fist fights / CBN Governor Emefiele Is Harming Nigeria's Economy ~ Economist Magazine / Heart Touching Pic: This Shows Faith In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.