Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,007 members, 7,825,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

Mothers, How Do You React When Your Baby Bites You During Nursing ? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mothers, How Do You React When Your Baby Bites You During Nursing ? (1578 Views)

Man Bites Off Mother-in-law’s Finger For Scattering His Marriage / "She Carry Belle For Front & Back" - Media React To Lady's Pregnancy Photo / Paternity Fraud In Nigeria: Are You Your Baby’s Daddy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mothers, How Do You React When Your Baby Bites You During Nursing ? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jun 17, 2015
Many women are afraid of nursing their babies as soon as start developing teeth, some just stop breastfeeding altogether because they are scared the baby might bite one of these days! Of course their fears are justified as the teeth of infants are sharper than that of adults and very much painful. Babies like biting when they are teething or just developing new teeth. I've seen some nursing mothers spank their babies hard because of biting. I also read about a Chinese woman who stabbed her baby's face with pieces of glasses and left him to bleed to death all because he bit her during breastfeeding. Now that's extreme but even though I'm not a woman, I can imagine how painful it can be. One thing I've observed is that a hungry baby will never bite. It's only when he's been forced to suck against his will or when he's bored that he's most likely to bite but nursing mothers often fail to notice these signs. Different women have different reactions when they experience these bitings, some endure while others retaliate! So my question is, how do you react in this situation? How do you prevent it or teach the baby not to repeat it next time?

1 Like

Re: Mothers, How Do You React When Your Baby Bites You During Nursing ? by Cutehector(m): 8:55pm On Jun 17, 2015
It actually turns dem on

1 Like

Re: Mothers, How Do You React When Your Baby Bites You During Nursing ? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jun 17, 2015
Cutehector:
It actually turns dem on
lol, are they sadists that enjoy pain?

2 Likes

Re: Mothers, How Do You React When Your Baby Bites You During Nursing ? by Cutehector(m): 9:05pm On Jun 17, 2015
lofty900:
Re: Mothers, How Do You React When Your Baby Bites You During Nursing ? by Trinxie(f): 9:12pm On Jun 17, 2015
hehe...OP...it is very normal, it can't be stopped o, can only be reduced. It is mostly seen in very active children. I think they like the fact that they can control the woman's facial expression. I remember my younger sister would look straight into my mum's eyes with one kind of mischievous look like that...when my mum notices, she'll give her a "don't dare it look"... then this girl would start laughing...more like a " I have been caught red handed" kinda laugh cheesy ...it happens when they're bored tho...it can probably be reduced by distracting them while breastfeeding, like making smiling faces or funny faces sef. Most mothers don't always have time for that, so they better not complain grin

4 Likes

Re: Mothers, How Do You React When Your Baby Bites You During Nursing ? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jun 17, 2015
Trinxie:
hehe...OP...it is very normal, it can't be stopped o, can only be reduced. It is mostly seen in very active children. I think they like the fact that they can control the woman's facial expression. I remember my younger sister would look straight into my mum's eyes with one kind of mischievous look like that...when my mum notices, she'll give her a "don't dare it look"... then this girl would start laughing...more like a " I have been caught red handed" kinda laugh cheesy ...it happens when they're bored tho...it can probably be reduced by distracting them while breastfeeding, like making smiling faces or funny faces sef. Most mothers don't always have time for that, so they better not complain grin
OK, I agree with everything u said, especially distracting them during nursing. To be a mother ain't easy

2 Likes

Re: Mothers, How Do You React When Your Baby Bites You During Nursing ? by parismarc: 9:36pm On Jun 17, 2015
First time, I will give the baby a bad eye, second time, a light tap on his bum, third time, a dirty slap undecided

After that, weaning commences.

1 Like

Re: Mothers, How Do You React When Your Baby Bites You During Nursing ? by Dannan: 9:43pm On Jun 17, 2015
parismarc:
First time, I will give the baby a bad eye, second time, a light tap on his bum, third time, a dirty slap undecided

After that, weaning commences.
Do you know new born babies bite too? Their gums are very sharp. So will you give your new born baby a dirty slap?
Re: Mothers, How Do You React When Your Baby Bites You During Nursing ? by parismarc: 9:49pm On Jun 17, 2015
Dannan:
Do you know new born babies bite too? Their gums are very sharp. So will you give your new born baby a dirty slap?

Really Tell me more undecided

How can a new born bite when he is still struggling to hold the nipple well.

If per chance it happens, I doubt if it will be as painful as a baby's own with 8 teeth, so I can let it pass smiley

1 Like

Re: Mothers, How Do You React When Your Baby Bites You During Nursing ? by ifesimon: 11:55am On Jun 18, 2015
Dannan:
their gums are sharp ? I dont think so ?
Re: Mothers, How Do You React When Your Baby Bites You During Nursing ? by ifesimon: 11:58am On Jun 18, 2015
parismarc:

Really Tell me more undecided

How can a new born bite when he is still struggling to hold the nipple well.

If per chance it happens, I doubt if it will be as painful as a baby's own with 8 teeth, so I can let it pass smiley
funny nigga
Re: Mothers, How Do You React When Your Baby Bites You During Nursing ? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jun 18, 2015
lofty900:
Many women are afraid of nursing their babies as soon as start developing teeth, some just stop breastfeeding altogether because they are scared the baby might bite one of these days! Of course their fears are justified as the teeth of infants are sharper than that of adults and very much painful. Babies like biting when they are teething or just developing new teeth. I've seen some nursing mothers spank their babies hard because of biting. I also read about a Chinese woman who stabbed her baby's face with pieces of glasses and left him to bleed to death all because he bit her during breastfeeding. Now that's extreme but even though I'm not a woman, I can imagine how painful it can be. One thing I've observed is that a hungry baby will never bite It's only when he's been forced to suck against his will or when he's bored that he's most likely to bite but nursing mothers often fail to notice these signs. Different women have different reactions when they experience these bitings, some endure while others retaliate! So my question is, how do you react in this situation? How do you prevent it or teach the baby not to repeat it next time?

Excatly . . .

By the time a baby is old enough to develop teeth, h/she would have stooped exclusive b'feeeding. So no need to force him to b'feed.

You can feed him mostly cereal and b'feed him, intermittently wen he is really hungry. It will reduce your chances of getting chewed like a teething toy!
Re: Mothers, How Do You React When Your Baby Bites You During Nursing ? by EfemenaXY: 4:20pm On Jun 18, 2015
lofty900:
Many women are afraid of nursing their babies as soon as start developing teeth, some just stop breastfeeding altogether because they are scared the baby might bite one of these days! Of course their fears are justified as the teeth of infants are sharper than that of adults and very much painful. Babies like biting when they are teething or just developing new teeth. I've seen some nursing mothers spank their babies hard because of biting. I also read about a Chinese woman who stabbed her baby's face with pieces of glasses and left him to bleed to death all because he bit her during breastfeeding. Now that's extreme but even though I'm not a woman, I can imagine how painful it can be. One thing I've observed is that a hungry baby will never bite. It's only when he's been forced to suck against his will or when he's bored that he's most likely to bite but nursing mothers often fail to notice these signs. Different women have different reactions when they experience these bitings, some endure while others retaliate! So my question is, how do you react in this situation? How do you prevent it or teach the baby not to repeat it next time?

Shebi you don start again with your bbreast campaigns (again)?
Re: Mothers, How Do You React When Your Baby Bites You During Nursing ? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jun 18, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Shebi you don start again with your bbreast campaigns (again)?
na wa o. Have I opened a bbreast thread before?
Re: Mothers, How Do You React When Your Baby Bites You During Nursing ? by EfemenaXY: 5:06pm On Jun 18, 2015
lofty900:
na wa o. Have I opened a bbreast thread before?

You're always ever present on bbreast matters.

(1) (Reply)

Will You Stay Single Forever If You Dont Have Money To Get Married? / Shout Out 2my Mama..what Special Thing Can You Remember Your Mum With? / Port Harcourt Top Single Parents People Talk About

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.