Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,887 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

He Applied For A Job Without NYSC Discharge Certificate - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / He Applied For A Job Without NYSC Discharge Certificate (22002 Views)

Npower: He Applied For Npower Tech(hardware) But Got Invite For Tommorow / See Terms & Conditions Given To My Friend At A Job He Applied For / Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Applied For A Job Without NYSC Discharge Certificate by chikaodili09(f): 9:33am On Jun 18, 2015
My dear my advice to u is to go thr n try ur luck, there s no harm in trying n it wil cost u nothing! There is nothing impossible with God u know! Just give it a try who knows u might be lucky n u wouldnt want to start missing oppourtunites now, so just go n try! Wish u all da best!

1 Like

Re: He Applied For A Job Without NYSC Discharge Certificate by emmanuelsone: 9:34am On Jun 18, 2015
I still wonder why truth shud nt be told, a firm requested for 2:1 graduated....2:2 wanna try luck? When multitude of 1:1 are also present....why wasting time when u won't be able to even meet with those that can consider ur call-up letter? Those that would check the requirements would av been given instructions frm the boss....probably bounce you back by the gate self, u can't even show those ones call up letter cos they were given orders too....DON'T SHOW UP, it's a lost frm the beginning! Don't risk much for fruitless

1 Like

Re: He Applied For A Job Without NYSC Discharge Certificate by Nobody: 9:35am On Jun 18, 2015
Oluwa don bless you
Re: He Applied For A Job Without NYSC Discharge Certificate by dominique(f): 9:35am On Jun 18, 2015
It's a juicy opportunity but I will advise you not to go because
1. There are other post NYSC graduates that applied for the job and they will be given priority.

2. The bank that gave the specification of a post NYSC graduate know exactly what they want. Besides, they feel you may not be able to carry out your NYSC responsibilities while working with them.

3. If you think of the costs and risk of traveling accross country for a job you're not exactly qualified for, you'd see that it's not worth it.

Face your primary assignment, something better will come your way.

3 Likes

Re: He Applied For A Job Without NYSC Discharge Certificate by AliuAbdulwahab(m): 9:43am On Jun 18, 2015
There's no harm in trying..
Re: He Applied For A Job Without NYSC Discharge Certificate by kheni28(m): 9:44am On Jun 18, 2015
I advise u give it a trial
Re: He Applied For A Job Without NYSC Discharge Certificate by danielayodele16(m): 9:46am On Jun 18, 2015
jeeqaa7:
My friend ,
Do you not have a ppa ?
How do you hope to combine ppa and a BANK JOB in nigeria
Think!

If your mind still strong
find your way to d bank, there is nothing God cannot do but just incase you don't serve God
Wen u enter and and submit all ur documents and your discharge cert is requested .
You take a long hard look @ the interviewer and in *african china's voice* u start singin.

Foodu nor dey
My broda transportation nor dey
And our roadu spoil finish
What about the Nepa pple
Guy, u funny die.....lol

We nor get lite
Many youths plenty for street but as work nor dey , how we wan survive
We be giant of africa but to get visa enter ghana na waec

If after this song .. Him nor still gree

Waka dey go CDS

Or go submit resignation letter for yah ppa

Then relocate to yemen

It could be your turn to shine
Re: He Applied For A Job Without NYSC Discharge Certificate by danielayodele16(m): 9:47am On Jun 18, 2015
jeeqaa7:
My friend ,
Do you not have a ppa ?
Think!

find your way to d bank, there is nothing God cannot do but just incase you don't serve God
Wen u enter and and submit all ur documents and your discharge cert is requested .
You take a long hard look @ the interviewer and in *african china's voice* u start singin.

Foodu nor dey
What about the Nepa pple

We nor get lite

Waka dey go CDS

Then relocate to yemen

Guy, u funny die....lol
Re: He Applied For A Job Without NYSC Discharge Certificate by esmeralda1(f): 9:47am On Jun 18, 2015
Samguine:
I am a batch B Corp member passing out in two weeks. I got the invite also but I guess I'll pass. Another opportunity would come.

Op, please don't bother yourself. You still got a long way to go. And again, the uncertainty and transport costs aren't favourable to you.

I really think u should give it a try 2 weeks is not far away thats of course if its not too far for you.
@ op no need to try it if it will cost u so much t.fare, but at no cost why not, who knows they may pick u.

1 Like

Re: He Applied For A Job Without NYSC Discharge Certificate by Revolva(m): 9:52am On Jun 18, 2015
Good tin to get a job but with time e go tire am...oo body de shack am na.....omo no be by NYSC ooo boiz de collect bar mega bar doing runs online n even showbiz entertainment also....d best idea gather ur salary n start a work
Re: He Applied For A Job Without NYSC Discharge Certificate by nkemdi89(f): 9:54am On Jun 18, 2015
Mannylex:

No bruv, I wasn't....

OP, you won't be allowed to write it, so don't waste your transport, asides you still have a very long way (October) ... My scheduled time of POP wasn't even as long as yours, yet I wasn't allowed.
Let him give it a try you know, even I knw some org that accept corpers still serving but they will commence work fully after the end of their service year
Re: He Applied For A Job Without NYSC Discharge Certificate by kinibigdeal(m): 10:32am On Jun 18, 2015
if you are closer to your LGI, you can lobby him or her for a statement, you then attach the statement with your call up letter and probably ID card to the centre.
Re: He Applied For A Job Without NYSC Discharge Certificate by mrbigseun(m): 10:36am On Jun 18, 2015
Just go for the test, there is something u will learn which might help u for ur next interview/test
Re: He Applied For A Job Without NYSC Discharge Certificate by redcliff: 10:42am On Jun 18, 2015
Hybekay004:

I never added this: I am currently serving in Kebbi State.

You must be very very silly!
Re: He Applied For A Job Without NYSC Discharge Certificate by STEVENcrack(m): 10:46am On Jun 18, 2015
Samguine:
I am a batch B Corp member passing out in two weeks. I got the invite also but I guess I'll pass. Another opportunity would come.

Op, please don't bother yourself. You still got a long way to go. And again, the uncertainty and transport costs aren't favourable to you.

I think they might allow you write it tho and would request for it during your documentation but as for the OP he shouldn't waste his time, money and energy..save it for something else. Ok

1 Like

Re: He Applied For A Job Without NYSC Discharge Certificate by Nobody: 11:00am On Jun 18, 2015
jeeqaa7:
My friend ,
Do you not have a ppa ?
Think!

Foodu nor dey
What about the Nepa pple

We nor get lite

Waka dey go CDS

Then relocate to yemen

You'll make an hell of a comedian.
This your post just pass of as comical literally and otherwise.
For Christ sake don't make it look impossible. peeps have been landing very good jobs without NYSC, and frankly speaking they continue will.

Just continue making your joke.
Continue celebrating grin
Re: He Applied For A Job Without NYSC Discharge Certificate by lifeworth247(m): 11:01am On Jun 18, 2015
Re: He Applied For A Job Without NYSC Discharge Certificate by opeyemmmy(m): 11:10am On Jun 18, 2015
Samguine:
I am a batch B Corp member passing out in two weeks. I got the invite also but I guess I'll pass . Another opportunity would come.

Bro, don't pass o... I nearly 'passed' last year, the rest is history.

2 Likes

Re: He Applied For A Job Without NYSC Discharge Certificate by illuminaty(m): 11:12am On Jun 18, 2015
Kebbi 2 lagos for a test that u don't have the complete documents requiredboss,think well oooo....

2 Likes

Re: He Applied For A Job Without NYSC Discharge Certificate by BornnAgainChild(f): 11:15am On Jun 18, 2015
Hybekay004:
As a serving NYSC member (Batch C), I forwarded my CV to Stanbic IBTC Bank to apply as a graduate trainee in the financial institution couple of weeks ago. I got an assessment invitation recently to show up for aptitude test (it is my first) slated for a particular date. One of the documents required to be brought to the test center is NYSC discharge certificate which I do not have until I'm discharged in October.
Fellow compatriots and nairalanders, I need your candid advice on this. Should I go for the test without the certificate or I should just forget about it?
Thanks anticipatorily for your contributions.

Off course you can go but the thing is if you eventually make it they would ask you to come back after you get your cert,happened to someone i know
Re: He Applied For A Job Without NYSC Discharge Certificate by Baboo13(m): 11:34am On Jun 18, 2015
Bro, I will advise you shouldn't bother to go..

I have a friend, a batch B corper who did all the tests and interview in a top IT firm in lagos just last month. He was finally chosen for the Job with his offer letter ready Only for him to be asked his nysc certificate which he didn't have. I was even thinking he could still be considered after persuasion and explanation that service will be over soon and all which he did, but still, the HR refused cos they had specified you must have finished nysc.

Long and short, as a graduate, most organizations require your nysc certificate before you can work, except the work na one olobe work

You still have time, more opportinities will come as time goes.
Re: He Applied For A Job Without NYSC Discharge Certificate by Forwetinnah: 12:16pm On Jun 18, 2015
Happens ALL THE TIME!! All you need is a "connect", dazzol undecided
Re: He Applied For A Job Without NYSC Discharge Certificate by ephi123(f): 12:38pm On Jun 18, 2015
OP,
Don't let naysayers discourage you. If you are able to go, please do. All the best!
Re: He Applied For A Job Without NYSC Discharge Certificate by fotadmowmend(m): 12:53pm On Jun 18, 2015
There is no harm in trying .That might be a perfect timing for you because in most cases banks' recruitments is not as fast as you think. Go and write the test first and see if you are going to make it till the final stage.
I m also in that situation . I applied for a bank job and ve written two tests in which I was able to make it through and now we are still awaiting information as regard the next phrase but I am seriously praying that it doesn't come until I get my discharge cert .
Re: He Applied For A Job Without NYSC Discharge Certificate by toolpusher(m): 1:35pm On Jun 18, 2015
I suggest you go to the venue. International Oil Companies like Schlumberger, Total, Chevron etc will allow you write without the discharge or exemption certificate but you will be disqualified during the interview if you pass the test. They will keep your test records for up to 2 years during which you don't have to write again but just progress to interview once your documents are complete.
Go and write it, I know folks who have written and passed such test with just Recommendation Letter from HOD when final degree result was not even ready. They sometimes see you as being proactive which is an added advantage. Go for it! Put your faith to work! Remember it's a risk for not taking a risk and also a risk for taking a risk.
Re: He Applied For A Job Without NYSC Discharge Certificate by Mannylex(m): 1:57pm On Jun 18, 2015
nkemdi89:

Let him give it a try you know, even I knw some org that accept corpers still serving but they will commence work fully after the end of their service year

He would only be wasting his transport that I can assure you . Stanbic don't play with Nysc discharge even if you are passing out in 1 week, they won't allow ! I had same experience at Uba, they didn't care that I had 2 months left with NYSC , they just said when I get the discharge , I would be rescheduled for another test.... Though some companies don't bother except at interview stage ... I wrote mansard insurance, and they never asked for discharge....
Re: He Applied For A Job Without NYSC Discharge Certificate by Mannylex(m): 2:03pm On Jun 18, 2015
STEVENcrack:

I think they might allow you write it tho and would request for it during your documentation but as for the OP he shouldn't waste his time, money and energy..save it for something else. Ok

I can assure you, they won't allow him write. As far as the requirement was clearly stated.

Don't know bout other banks, but UBA, Stanbic , standard chartered are very strict with it.
Re: He Applied For A Job Without NYSC Discharge Certificate by Engrpj(m): 2:13pm On Jun 18, 2015
Hybekay004:
As a serving NYSC member (Batch C), I forwarded my CV to Stanbic IBTC Bank to apply as a graduate trainee in the financial institution couple of weeks ago. I got an assessment invitation recently to show up for aptitude test (it is my first) slated for a particular date. One of the documents required to be brought to the test center is NYSC discharge certificate which I do not have until I'm discharged in October.
Fellow compatriots and nairalanders, I need your candid advice on this. Should I go for the test without the certificate or I should just forget about it?
Thanks anticipatorily for your contributions.

My Frnd.. my brother applied for graduate Trainee with a Firm.. and he's a fresh graduate and Prospective Batch B 2015 sef.. he went for the aptitude test and also the interview, he was successful without Discharge letter...dey ask them to come along with it but he just went and did the interview and was successful... now he will work his service to the place of his work......hive it a try ..if its ur luck u will get it... all d best
Re: He Applied For A Job Without NYSC Discharge Certificate by Lobolintin(m): 3:28pm On Jun 18, 2015
jeeqaa7:
My friend ,
Do you not have a ppa ?
Think!

Foodu nor dey
What about the Nepa pple

We nor get lite

Waka dey go CDS

Then relocate to yemen

Çhizoz.. You be comdedian ? Abeg we need one this Saturday my ex wife dey do wedding
Re: He Applied For A Job Without NYSC Discharge Certificate by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jun 18, 2015
@Op,i am also in the same shoe with you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How I Ignorantly Lost A Job Opportunity / Why Do Banks Recruit Regularly? / "The First 5 Things Recruiters Check In Your Application" - Vineck.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.