Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,815 members, 7,810,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:19 PM

USA Coach Jill Ellis BLASTS Edwin Okon After Handshake Snub - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / USA Coach Jill Ellis BLASTS Edwin Okon After Handshake Snub (1031 Views)

"We Are Good" - NFF President Pinnick Says, After Alleged Snub From Moses & Musa / Victor Moses And Ahmed Musa Snub NFF President Amaju Pinnick At Yaounde Airporta / John Ene Okon Dies (ex-player) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

USA Coach Jill Ellis BLASTS Edwin Okon After Handshake Snub by oatzeal(m): 10:45pm On Jun 17, 2015
The Americans reached the knockout stages of the Women's World Cup with a 1-0 win on Tuesday night.
But Okon snubbed Ellis following a fiery clash.

He was angry at the decision to give defender Sarah Nnodim a second yellow card.
Portsmouth-born Ellis said: "I typically always go and shake the coach's hand.
"The bench personnel shook my hand and the coach, I said, 'You're not going to shake my hand?

"He said, 'No.' He kind of put his hand out a little bit, but that's his call, not mine."
USA claimed top spot in the supposed 'group of death' ahead of Australia, Sweden and Nigeria thanks to Abby Wambach's winning goal on Tuesday.

But she has warned they must improve if her side are to lift the World Cup for a third time.
She said: "I'm not making any excuses. I need to finish chances that are handed to me.
"And all of us on my team would agree that if you're given a chance you have to take advantage of it."

SOURCE : http://nairanaijanews..com/2015/06/usa-coach-jill-ellis-blasts-edwin-okon.html

Cc lalasticlala

Re: USA Coach Jill Ellis BLASTS Edwin Okon After Handshake Snub by dkronicle(m): 10:48pm On Jun 17, 2015
LoL NA NAIJA MEntality.
Re: USA Coach Jill Ellis BLASTS Edwin Okon After Handshake Snub by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jun 17, 2015
is not d coach's fault. i blamed it on d girl's failure to perform
Re: USA Coach Jill Ellis BLASTS Edwin Okon After Handshake Snub by Orkpekyandega(m): 9:59am On Jun 18, 2015
If I were coach Edwin Okon I would have done worse than that. How do you expect me to have a hand shake of peace with those white dudes? When it was so glaring that every body was against us? Abi na only after de match FIFA or person de know peace? iiiiiiiiissssshhhhh. The referee was simply partial. Look at the way and manner she (Ref) threatened Ngozi Okobi when she tackled a US player lightly. She still went ahead and awarded the yellow card; She was just against Nigeria. I am suprised that uptil now so many ignorant and e-righteous and religious Nigerians in their normal hypocrisis are criticizing Coach Edwin Okon for refusing to have a hand shake with the US Coach, na by force?
How many of us called FIFA to order when our able right back Njoku was given a heavy ban of 3 matches and fine for a wrong/foul that so many players have committed and gone scout free? What about the case of Ogenyi Onazi during the 2014 FIFA world Cup in Brazil? What did FIFA do? I congratulate our coach for telling the referee, FIFA and the entire world that he was not please with the unfair officiating between the Super Falcons and the US WOMEN national team. Let it be on record that a Nigerian had the courage to do that. If Nigerians were this righteous, most of the problems that our economy has faced would have been in existence. Lets call our call all our past governors to release the monies they have stolen so that salaries will be paid and stop venting unnecessary anger on people that don't deserve it.
I refuse to accept racial abuse from the whites in any form it might come.
#Stop e-RighteousnessItWon'tHelpUs#
Qoute me if you think you are righteous and can control your temperament in a situation like this better than Coach Edwin Okon.

2 Likes

Re: USA Coach Jill Ellis BLASTS Edwin Okon After Handshake Snub by dabossman(m): 3:36pm On Jun 19, 2015
Orkpekyandega:
If I were coach Edwin Okon I would have done worse than that. How do you expect me to have a hand shake of peace with those white dudes? When it was so glaring that every body was against us? Abi na only after de match FIFA or person de know peace? iiiiiiiiissssshhhhh. The referee was simply partial. Look at the way and manner she (Ref) threatened Ngozi Okobi when she tackled a US player lightly. She still went ahead and awarded the yellow card; She was just against Nigeria. I am suprised that uptil now so many ignorant and e-righteous and religious Nigerians in their normal hypocrisis are criticizing Coach Edwin Okon for refusing to have a hand shake with the US Coach, na by force?
How many of us called FIFA to order when our able right back Njoku was given a heavy ban of 3 matches and fine for a wrong/foul that so many players have committed and gone scout free? What about the case of Ogenyi Onazi during the 2014 FIFA world Cup in Brazil? What did FIFA do? I congratulate our coach for telling the referee, FIFA and the entire world that he was not please with the unfair officiating between the Super Falcons and the US WOMEN national team. Let it be on record that a Nigerian had the courage to do that. If Nigerians were this righteous, most of the problems that our economy has faced would have been in existence. Lets call our call all our past governors to release the monies they have stolen so that salaries will be paid and stop venting unnecessary anger on people that don't deserve it.
I refuse to accept racial abuse from the whites in any form it might come.
#Stop e-RighteousnessItWon'tHelpUs#
Qoute me if you think you are righteous and can control your temperament in a situation like this better than Coach Edwin Okon.

Hogwash. Was the US coach the one controlling the ref? Why didn't he boycott the post-match press conference to show his displeasure and send his message to FIFA directly?Abeg, talk something else.

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Get My Money From Parknbet / Nneka Ogwumike Celebrates Her 26 Birthday Today! / Diego Costa Reveals What Happened In The Dressing Room After Defeat To Totheham

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.