Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,191 members, 7,811,493 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:02 PM

The Beauty Of Christianity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Beauty Of Christianity (2085 Views)

Which Hymn Or Song Represents The True Essence Of Christianity / Did Allah Help The Spread Of Christianity? / The 'God' Of Christianity Is An Alien Called Enlil. Discuss. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Beauty Of Christianity by seedgreen(m): 9:52am On Jun 18, 2015
The Beauty Of Christianity.
For it has pleased God to tell his people that the riches and glory of Christ are for you Gentiles, too. For this is the secret: Christ lives in you... (Colossians 1:27 NLT).

Christianity is the living, pulsating life of God in a human person; it's Christ at home in you. Christianity is divinity at work and alive in and through you; it's the relationship between a human being and a living God.

Christianity isn't a religion at all. Religion is man's work towards God; his ways and efforts to reach out to God. Christianity, on the other hand, is God's work in man. It's a call to oneness with Divinity; a walk with God in righteousness; a call to the transcendent life of glory and love. Colossians 1:27 says Christ in you, the hope of glory. That's Christianity: Christ alive in you.

Someone once said, "I'm now very religious, since I became a Christian"; no! That's a complete misunderstanding of who a Christian is. A Christian is one in whom God dwells; a partaker of the divine nature - an associate of the God-kind. This makes Christianity so sublime! God wasn't satisfied to merely be with or live amongst us, He chose rather to take up His abode in the quarters of our hearts! That's the beauty and glory of Christianity! It's the life of God lived out through you. It's the unveiling of the Living Word in a human life!

Until and unless this becomes your understanding of Christianity, all you have will be mere religion. The essence of Christianity, the reason we go to church, pray, preach the Gospel and do the things we do as Christians isn't because we've embraced a religion, but because we've received God's nature - His life. That's what Jesus brought to us. He made it possible for us to receive eternal life - the indomitable, impregnable, "uninfectable" life of God: "And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life" (1 John 5:11-12).

1 Like

Re: The Beauty Of Christianity by angieberry(f): 12:17pm On Jun 18, 2015
Thank you very much! Any time I mention that Christianity is not religion, that it is God himself reaching out for us, people always look at me like I just blasphemed! It is well with us christians and my prayer is that people's eyes will be opened to the truth.

2 Likes

Re: The Beauty Of Christianity by menesheh(m): 2:04pm On Jun 18, 2015
?

2 Likes

Re: The Beauty Of Christianity by menesheh(m): 2:19pm On Jun 18, 2015
Why did god condescend so low and still perform nothing physically so convincing to prove his existence . Christainity seems to belittle the claimed omni- of god.

Infact virgin birth spoilt Christian mythical stories

3 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Beauty Of Christianity by mustymatic(m): 2:30pm On Jun 18, 2015
angieberry:
Thank you very much! Any time I mention that Christianity is not religion, that it is God himself reaching out for us, people always look at me like I just blasphemed! It is well with us christians and my prayer is that people's eyes will be opened to the truth.
Na waaaa oooo!
so na una god dey reach u and u no gree stop to dey sin...chaaai! christians

3 Likes

Re: The Beauty Of Christianity by angieberry(f): 2:42pm On Jun 18, 2015
You see, sin is not really our problem now. We are DEAD to sin. At the cross, Jesus took away all the punishment or judgment for our sins. He died for all the the sins we are ever going to commit. That is why Paul asked in Romans "shall we continue in sin so that grace will abound?" He answered his own question by saying "Gid forbid!".
As a christian, if you know your place in Christ, sin will not be a problem for you. Yes, the flesh is weak indeed, but the spirit is willing, so that is why our Father is going to cotinually prune us, he will burn away everything in us that is not of Him. All we have to do is to believe, and of course, abide in Him. Very few people understand this. And not everyone that calls himself a Christian is a true christian, takes note.
mustymatic:

Na waaaa oooo!

1 Like

Re: The Beauty Of Christianity by seedgreen(m): 3:42pm On Jun 18, 2015
mustymatic:

Na waaaa oooo!
Sin? As in did u just say sin? The problem of sin has been dealt with.
Re: The Beauty Of Christianity by segedoo(m): 4:49pm On Jun 18, 2015
angieberry:
You see, sin is not really our problem now. We are DEAD to sin. At the cross, Jesus took away all the punishment or judgment for our sins. He died for all the the sins we are ever going to commit. That is why Paul asked in Romans "shall we continue in sin so that grace will abound?" He answered his own question by saying "Gid forbid!".
As a christian, if you know your place in Christ, sin will not be a problem for you. Yes, the flesh is weak indeed, but the spirit is willing, so that is why our Father is going to cotinually prune us, he will burn away everything in us that is not of Him. All we have to do is to believe, and of course, abide in Him. Very few people understand this. And not everyone that calls himself a Christian is a true christian, takes note.

U're a delight to behold. You're quite godly. Keep it up. Ahem...(in a gruff baritone) Remember also that Paul wrote that he "dies daily" and says to "present our bodies as a living sacrifice, holy n acceptable unto God..." and that our flesh n regerated human spirit are in a constant conflict.
While we're dead to sin, we should also always remember not yield to sin. You're quite something..you. Lol
Re: The Beauty Of Christianity by Anas09: 4:55pm On Jun 18, 2015
Forgive Mustymatics, he doesn't understand the concept of Sin. He is a muslim and Islam doesn't deal with sin. Just look at Mohammed and his retinue of sins, yet to them he is the best man that ever lived.
Yes we Christians are not perfect, but we know that Christ has dealt with Sin on our behalf. He didn't just pay for the ones I had committed, he is sitted by the right hand side of God right now interceeding for the sins I could committed later.
When you say this, the carnal minds will flip. Thank you Jesus.
Re: The Beauty Of Christianity by angieberry(f): 4:56pm On Jun 18, 2015
Wow,thanks.
Yes, the fact that we have been made righteous by Christ's death does not mean we should dwell in sin, knowing that Christ has paid the price. That is why the Father will prune us, he'll take away our excesses and burn away anything in us that is contrary to him.
segedoo:

U're a delight to behold. You're quite godly. Keep it up. Ahem...(in a gruff baritone) Remember also that Paul wrote that he "dies daily" and says to "present our bodies as a living sacrifice, holy n acceptable unto God..." and that our flesh n regerated human spirit are in a constant conflict.
While we're dead to sin, we should also always remember not yield to sin. You're quite something..you. Lol
Re: The Beauty Of Christianity by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jun 18, 2015
Christianity: A curse and an excuse to be content with ignorance, poverty and laziness

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Beauty Of Christianity by Kay17: 7:20pm On Jun 18, 2015
seedgreen:
The Beauty Of Christianity.
For it has pleased God to tell his people that the riches and glory of Christ are for you Gentiles, too. For this is the secret: Christ lives in you... (Colossians 1:27 NLT).

Christianity is the living, pulsating life of God in a human person; it's Christ at home in you. Christianity is divinity at work and alive in and through you; it's the relationship between a human being and a living God.

Christianity isn't a religion at all. Religion is man's work towards God; his ways and efforts to reach out to God. Christianity, on the other hand, is God's work in man. It's a call to oneness with Divinity; a walk with God in righteousness; a call to the transcendent life of glory and love. Colossians 1:27 says Christ in you, the hope of glory. That's Christianity: Christ alive in you.

Someone once said, "I'm now very religious, since I became a Christian"; no! That's a complete misunderstanding of who a Christian is. A Christian is one in whom God dwells; a partaker of the divine nature - an associate of the God-kind. This makes Christianity so sublime! God wasn't satisfied to merely be with or live amongst us, He chose rather to take up His abode in the quarters of our hearts! That's the beauty and glory of Christianity! It's the life of God lived out through you. It's the unveiling of the Living Word in a human life!

Until and unless this becomes your understanding of Christianity, all you have will be mere religion. The essence of Christianity, the reason we go to church, pray, preach the Gospel and do the things we do as Christians isn't because we've embraced a religion, but because we've received God's nature - His life. That's what Jesus brought to us. He made it possible for us to receive eternal life - the indomitable, impregnable, "uninfectable" life of God: "And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life" (1 John 5:11-12).

What are the practical results of these?! Does the fact God has entered into you in a spiritual form make you superhuman? or able to walk on water or create miracles OR make you humble or wealthier?! Has the 2000 year experience of Christianity made the world a better place?
Re: The Beauty Of Christianity by seedgreen(m): 10:27pm On Jun 18, 2015
Kay17:

What are the practical results of these?! Does the fact God has entered into you in a spiritual form make you superhuman? or able to walk on water or create miracles OR make you humble or wealthier?! Has the 2000 year experience of Christianity made the world a better place?
this is the highest level of spiritual ignorance I have seen on NL. 2cor5vs17 says if any man be in Christ he is a new creation! The word 'new creation' there is from the greek work SOKIBAHA meaning new breed, a different kind of specie, a supernatural Human. That u are not yet experiencing those things u stated in ur christian life do sent mean mine is a scam. I live in the supernatural everyday. What I have is Zoe, it's the very nature of God. That very thing that made God who he's Is what I have. Glorry to God

1 Like

Re: The Beauty Of Christianity by Kay17: 5:54am On Jun 19, 2015
seedgreen:
this is the highest level of spiritual ignorance I have seen on NL. 2cor5vs17 says if any man be in Christ he is a new creation! The word 'new creation' there is from the greek work SOKIBAHA meaning new breed, a different kind of specie, a supernatural Human. That u are not yet experiencing those things u stated in ur christian life do sent mean mine is a scam. I live in the supernatural everyday. What I have is Zoe, it's the very nature of God. That very thing that made God who he's Is what I have. Glorry to God

These are vague statements to very clear questions. I don't see how you have touched on each point I raised. What are the practical consequences of being a new creation? are you superhuman?
Re: The Beauty Of Christianity by seedgreen(m): 6:33am On Jun 19, 2015
Kay17:

These are vague statements to very clear questions. I don't see how you have touched on each point I raised. What are the practical consequences of being a new creation? are you superhuman?
one out of the numerous, I don't get sick as a result of the 'superHuman life' that I have.
Re: The Beauty Of Christianity by menesheh(m): 8:40am On Jun 19, 2015
angieberry:

Christians continue saying Jesus died for their sin while sin is at its peak since after his crucifixion claims.

Are Christians for real. Why not face reality for once instead of all these illusion stories.

"Jesus conquered the spirit of death" take them literally and realistically about the rate of deaths after 2000yrs of his human appearance on earth , they will switch to "it's spiritual death".
Question them further "what's the processes of spiritual death" they can't explain. They will rather resort to "leave the unknown to the unknown"

Bro the beauty of Christianity is just legendary without any physical impact on the reality of things.

1 Like

Re: The Beauty Of Christianity by menesheh(m): 8:46am On Jun 19, 2015
Kay17:

grin grin grin

He's just as you are, no difference. The only difference is that he is proclaiming nonsensical ideas of himself (permit me to use the word bragging about himself cus i see no difference between bragging and his claims). Seedgreen
Re: The Beauty Of Christianity by angieberry(f): 8:51am On Jun 19, 2015
See, you're not a Christian so I don'texpect you to understand. As much as I don't like getting into religious arguments, I'm just going to clarify some facts for your benefit.
When Jesus died for our sins, He took away the judgment and punishment for our sins. Remember in the days of the law, they had quite of number of laws and commandments, and I'm not just speaking about the ten commandments, the book of leveticus further expounds the law. For every law they broke, there was a punishment. The law was kind of a curse. God knew that it was impossible for humans with their weakness to keep the law. So, he sent Jesus as the ultimate sacrifice, to die for our sins, to take away the judhement upon us so that we can be free! Thus, we are dead to the guilt and condemnation of sin.
After His death, he conquers the spirit of death and arose again. Now, he has the key to life and death.
menesheh:

Christians continue saying Jesus died for their sin while sin is at its peak since after his crucifixion claims.

Are Christians for real. Why not face reality for once instead of all these illusion stories.

"Jesus conquered the spirit of death" take them literally and realistically about the rate of deaths after 2000yrs of his human appearance on earth , they will switch to "it's spiritual death".
Question them further more "what's the processes of spiritual death" they can't explain. They will rather resort to "leave the unknown to the unknown"

Bro the beauty of Christianity is just legendary without any physical impact on the reality of things.
Re: The Beauty Of Christianity by menesheh(m): 9:25am On Jun 19, 2015
angieberry:
See, you're not a Christian so I don'texpect you to understand. As much as I don't like getting into religious arguments, I'm just going to clarify some facts for your benefit.
When Jesus died for our sins, He took away the judgment and punishment for our sins. Remember in the days of the law, they had quite of number of laws and commandments, and I'm not just speaking about the ten commandments, the book of leveticus further expounds the law. For every law they broke, there was a punishment. The law was kind of a curse. God knew that it was impossible for humans with their weakness to keep the law. So, he sent Jesus as the ultimate sacrifice, to die for our sins, to take away the judhement upon us so that we can be free! Thus, we are dead to the guilt and condemnation of sin.
After His death, he conquers the spirit of death and arose again. Now, he has the key to life and death.

BOLDED
which religion did i dump to become atheist and why did i leave my religion without the knowledge of the ideas behind it? Need answers to those.

As much as I don't like getting into religious arguments
You shouldn't be here

When Jesus died for our sins, He took away the judgment and punishment for our sins.

And so? What happened next after taking away those?

Remember in the days of the law, they had quite of number of laws and commandments, and I'm not just speaking about the ten commandments, the book of leveticus further expounds the law. For every law they broke, there was a punishment.

What's the difference between the days of the laws and the days under grace. Are there any peculiar or distinct changes in our physical world between the two claims? Point it out.

For every law they broke, there was a punishment.

So now we are given go ahead order to sin.
Verbally ordering or instructing human nature to obey laws without enforcement (of which in your case spiritual) amounts to disorderly society of which your bible proclaimed it that we are always sinners and fall short of the glory of God. "God knew that it was impossible for humans with their weakness to keep the law" as you said

So, he sent Jesus as the ultimate sacrifice, to die for our sins, to take away the judhement upon us so that we can be free! Thus, we are dead to the guilt and condemnation of sin.
After His death, he conquers the spirit of death and arose again. Now, he has the key to life and death

After transcendental appearance (coming down so low) , he left no single footprint of his human appearance and did nothing physically for the reason of appearing physical, like totally removing death, sicknesses, sin, suffering etc. We were still left with the same stories of "obey the laws and believe in him and be saved instead of total removal so that we will not a have a choice.

Recommend you to re-visit " logic and critical thinking course " to enhance your reasoning and face reality instead of this vague explainations.

1 Like

Re: The Beauty Of Christianity by Nobody: 9:38am On Jun 19, 2015
angieberry:

At bolded, that is the reason so many criminals practise Christianity. I pity the world!

1 Like

Re: The Beauty Of Christianity by angieberry(f): 9:52am On Jun 19, 2015
So you were once a christian before you decided to revoke Jesus? You see, one thing with Christians is that they expect so much, they expect perfection in their lives once they have Jesus. But that is not so, Christianity is not a bed of roses. I'll try as much as possible to answer all your questions. So pls can you take it one after the other. Thanks.
menesheh:

BOLDED
which religion did i dump to become atheist and why did i leave my religion without the knowledge of the ideas behind it? Need answers to those.

You shouldn't be here

And so? What happened next after taking away those?

What's the difference between the days of the laws and the days under grace. Are there any peculiar or distinct changes in our physical world between the two claims? Point it out.

So now we are given go ahead order to sin.
Verbally ordering or instructing human nature to obey laws without enforcement (of which in your case spiritual) amounts to disorderly society of which your bible proclaimed it that we are always sinners and fall short of the glory of God. "God knew that it was impossible for humans with their weakness to keep the law" as you said

After transcendental appearance (coming down so low) , he left no single footprint of his human appearance and did nothing physically for the reason of appearing physical, like totally removing death, sicknesses, sin, suffering etc. We were still left with the same stories of "obey the laws and believe in him and be saved instead of total removal so that we will not a have a choice.

Recommend you to re-visit " logic and critical thinking course " to enhance your reasoning and face reality instead of this vague explainations.
Re: The Beauty Of Christianity by seedgreen(m): 10:17am On Jun 19, 2015
menesheh:

grin grin grin
He's just as you are, no difference. The only difference is that he is proclaiming nonsensical ideas of himself (permit me to use the word bragging about himself cus i see no difference between bragging and his claims). Seedgreen
is that ur grief? Well, yes Im boasting about it cos it's worth boasting of. He wanted to know something physical that I experience as a result of my MY SuperHuman life and I just stated it vehemently. Now it hurts u the reverse of what I experience is ur case. I don't expect u to understand, but if u need some lecture on it, call my attention to it. Love u
Re: The Beauty Of Christianity by menesheh(m): 10:38am On Jun 19, 2015
seedgreen:
is that ur grief? Well, yes Im boasting about it cos it's worth boasting of. He wanted to know something physical that I experience as a result of my MY SuperHuman life and I just stated it vehemently. Now it hurts u the reverse of what I experience is ur case. I[b] don't expect u to understand, [/b]but if u need some lecture on it, call my attention to it. Love u
grin
Thanks

BOLDED
I do claim those things too the time i was living life of delusion under Christainity and Judaism.

It is definitely not a surprise to me about your faking and giving yourself false hope.
Re: The Beauty Of Christianity by menesheh(m): 10:50am On Jun 19, 2015
angieberry:
So you were once a christian before you decided to revoke Jesus? You see, one thing with Christians is that they expect so much, they expect perfection in their lives once they have Jesus. But that is not so, Christianity is not a bed of roses. I'll try as much as possible to answer all your questions. So pls can you take it one after the other. Thanks.

Your response is quite difference from my point here.

Mind you, Christianity suppose to be a bed of roses considering the amount of time, energy and money believers spent on the course of promoting christains doctrine to the world.
Re: The Beauty Of Christianity by segedoo(m): 11:15am On Jun 19, 2015
angieberry:
Wow,thanks.
Yes, the fact that we have been made righteous by Christ's death does not mean we should dwell in sin, knowing that Christ has paid the price. That is why the Father will prune us, he'll take away our excesses and burn away anything in us that is contrary to him.

I'm glad to hear you say this...quite comforting. But Missy this pruning is very painful sha. It bleeds you but deep down you know it's for ur best and it's 'cos God loves you.

It's mysterious but I know you understand. Attending a church where these things are taught aren't you? Meaty spirit meals.
Lol

BTW, you welcome.
Re: The Beauty Of Christianity by angieberry(f): 11:20am On Jun 19, 2015
Which church will teach you this? The bible in John says that He will send us the Spirit of truth that will teach us ALL things. You will not get the words of truth anywhere, all these pastors don't know anything. Sometimes in church when I hear them preach, I always cringe at their ignorance! It's sad indeed! My only prayer is that the Father will open our eyes.
segedoo:

I'm glad to hear you say this...quite comforting. But Missy this pruning is very painful sha. It bleeds you but deep down you know it's for ur best and it's 'cos God loves you.

It's mysterious but I know you understand. Attending a church where these things are taught aren't you? Meaty spirit meals.
Lol

BTW, you welcome.
Re: The Beauty Of Christianity by seedgreen(m): 11:51am On Jun 19, 2015
segedoo:

Lol
BTW, you welcome.
angieberry:
Which church will teach you this? The bible in John says that He will send us the Spirit of truth that will teach us ALL things. You will not get the words of truth anywhere, all these pastors don't know anything. Sometimes in church when I hear them preach, I always cringe at their ignorance! It's sad indeed! My only prayer is that the Father will open our eyes.
very true sis:-)

1 Like

Re: The Beauty Of Christianity by segedoo(m): 12:36pm On Jun 19, 2015
angieberry:

Hmmm...Amen to that! I like that you go to The Word directly.

Sometimes I whisper to myself "that's not what it means!" when a preacher misinterpretes the Bible in anyway but you shouldn't generalize that they're all ignorant. wink

The HolySpirit is the only true teacher and he speaks thru some pastors who allow him.

I invest time in personal study of the word but I fellowship with the church aka believers, body of Christ and i've learnt from them. Human doctrines are so deeply ingrained in all churches today and it pisses me off always.

I believe the church is the people of God as long as they preach the word as it is written. I don't like the denominational thingy@all.

So How do u study the word n commune with our Dad?

And btw, keep fellowshipping with believers.

@seedgreen share urs too

2 Likes

Re: The Beauty Of Christianity by angieberry(f): 12:39pm On Jun 19, 2015
A million likes!
segedoo:

Sometimes I whisper to myself "that's not what it means!" when a preacher misinterpretes the Bible in anyway but you shouldn't generalize that they're all ignorant. wink

The HolySpirit is the only true teacher and he speaks thru some pastors who allow him.

I invest time in personal study of the word but I fellowship with the church aka believers, body of Christ and i've learnt from them. Human doctrines are so deeply ingrained in all churches today and it pisses me off always.

I believe the church is the people of God as long as they preach the word as it is written. I don't like the denominational thingy@all.

@seedgreen share urs too

1 Like

Re: The Beauty Of Christianity by seedgreen(m): 12:58pm On Jun 19, 2015
segedoo:

@seedgreen share urs too
i love you bro
Re: The Beauty Of Christianity by Kay17: 2:03pm On Jun 19, 2015
seedgreen:
one out of the numerous, I don't get sick as a result of the 'superHuman life' that I have.

But you vulnerable to death and misfortune. Besides other Christians still fall ill, and some secularists hardly fall sick as well. Yet we being humans are subjected to the same frailties of human life. Christianity does not have that much practical benefits.

(1) (Reply)

Lord, My Healer. RCCG Open Heavens. Sermon By Pastor E A Adeboye / VIDEO OF Church Where People Are Receiving '666', The Mark Of 'antichrist' / Gettier's Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.