Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,823 members, 7,820,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Antivirus Failed To Load - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Antivirus Failed To Load (841 Views)

Why OLPC Project Failed In Nigeria / One Touch Connection(failed To Establish Network Connection) / Help How Can I Get This System To Load Yahoo Login Page (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Antivirus Failed To Load by phemmy008(m): 1:00pm On Feb 24, 2009
Please guru's, what can a system to refuse antivirus? and if the antivirus loads the icon disappears from the task bar and it never functions. please help lipsrsealed
Re: Antivirus Failed To Load by MrCrackles(m): 1:00pm On Feb 24, 2009
It might be pirated!
Re: Antivirus Failed To Load by phemmy008(m): 1:08pm On Feb 24, 2009
sorry for the error in the first post, it loaded on my laptop and works perfectly but on my desktop, sad. what could cause this problem?
Re: Antivirus Failed To Load by Nobody: 2:41pm On Feb 24, 2009
do you have another antivirus running?
Re: Antivirus Failed To Load by Weymola(m): 4:34pm On Feb 24, 2009
Phemmy008,

Could you tell us what antivirus this is thats not loading, on your desktop? Also what OS are you running on Laptop and Desktop.

Cheers

Weymola
Re: Antivirus Failed To Load by netotse(m): 10:16pm On Feb 24, 2009
thank you o weymola. . .
wanted to do that bt didnt want it to seem like i was jumping on d guys bak
Re: Antivirus Failed To Load by phemmy008(m): 12:24pm On Feb 25, 2009
Thanks, i tried avg, avast and someone gave me ESET but to no avail and my os is window xp both laptop and desktop, mind you is not working on the laptop aswell, pls help or suggest an antivirus.
Re: Antivirus Failed To Load by erniewhez(m): 5:00pm On Feb 26, 2009
check your laptop firewall setting, probably its blocking your antivirus from loading
Re: Antivirus Failed To Load by UNLEASHED(m): 1:02am On Feb 27, 2009
Are you sure both the laptop and desktop are not infected? something similar happened to me of recent
Re: Antivirus Failed To Load by squad1: 7:27pm On Feb 27, 2009
Make sure or confirm that u have uninstall other anti-virus previously installed
check the firewall settings whether it is not blockin it
insert the anti-virus CD and try to repair the installation
Re: Antivirus Failed To Load by phemmy008(m): 5:55pm On Mar 03, 2009
thanks guys, someone told me to scan my hard disk manually but i don't know how to go about this please help
Re: Antivirus Failed To Load by aieromon(m): 4:10pm On Mar 07, 2009
i think your sys needs hard formatting.there are some viruses that prevent installation of antivirus softwares.
Re: Antivirus Failed To Load by sameolg616(m): 5:52pm On Mar 07, 2009
ur system is obviously infected with the sality virus, it deletes any form of executable file and targettting mostly antiviruses from operating so u dont get any help,
formatting is the fastest and cheapest way but if u dont want to,u can contact me
gbenga odusina,08061679732 for_u2_nv2001@yahoo.com
i can use a kaspersky live cd to disinfect for u
Re: Antivirus Failed To Load by grafikdon: 11:45pm On Mar 07, 2009
phemmy008, your system is apparently infected by an advanced malware that suppresses antivirus/spyware/malware executable files. Before you do any tedious hard disc formatting, why not try one or both solutions below.

1. Go to the program directory and change your Antivirus executable file to something unrelated to computers like "Christmas" or "Ogbomosho" for instance, if the file is AVG.exe, change it to Ogbomosho.exe, you should be able to run it after that.

2. This is a more credible approach since I am not sure you will be able to remove the infection, even if you are able to run your antivirus software. Download malwarebyte's Anti malware, it's a freeware and the basic version is all you need. The malware (or whatever infection chilling in your system) WILL  prevent you from running  the program after installation. Simply go the the program directory and change the executable from mbam.exe to ajegunle.exe, or anything you like as long as they are not related to computers(to be on the safe side) You should be able to run it and get rid of the infection.

Option 2 should take care of your problem if it is a case of infection.
Re: Antivirus Failed To Load by aieromon(m): 6:18pm On Mar 08, 2009
@grafikdon
are you trying to imply that the malware recognises the name of the antivirus engine?me thinks the malware recognises the antivirus by its programming and not by its prefix.you will only make sense to me if you say the suffix .exe should be changed.

i'm confused here
Re: Antivirus Failed To Load by grafikdon: 6:59pm On Mar 08, 2009
aieromon:

@grafikdon
are you trying to imply that the malware recognises the name of the antivirus engine?

A malware like antispyware 2009 does exactly that, but from my experience, it targets only anti spyware removal tools. Malwarebyte's program couldn't run no matter what I did. Changing the prefix from mbam to "Christmas" solved the problem. I was able to run the anti malware tool and removed the ''419'' malware. Out of curiousity I intentionally infected a laptop (please don't ask me how) with antispyware 2009.

The malwarebyte's tool previously installed in the notebook wouldn't run. A clean install didn't help, but the same ol "Christmas" did the trick. grin
Re: Antivirus Failed To Load by aieromon(m): 7:23pm On Mar 08, 2009
even though it still doesn't make sense to me,the fact remains that it worked for you so @poster,give it a try before you subject your system to hard formatting and let us know how it turns out cool
Re: Antivirus Failed To Load by Mustay(m): 11:08pm On Mar 08, 2009
Is the anti virus recommended for the OS your desktop is using?

What if you are using an anti virus recommended for Vista on a XP desktop?

(1) (Reply)

Laptoop: Error Loading Operating System / Moderator! / Esut Forum Is Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.