Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:05 AM

Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. - Sports (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. (61023 Views)

Nigeria Vs Zambia: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier - 1 - 0 (Full Time) / Cameroon Vs Nigeria: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 1 - 1 (Full Time) / Korea DPR Vs Nigeria 3 - 0 :FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by justiz5(m): 8:35pm On Mar 26, 2016
[size=14pt]
Flamingos Crush South Africa 7-0 On Aggregate, Qualify For U-17 WWC
[/size]

By James Agberebi:
Nigeria U-17 women’s team, Flamingos, have qualified for this year’s FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup in Jordan.

The Flamingos defeated South Africa 1-0 in the second leg of their qualifying tie in Tembissa, thanks to a 28th minute goal by Rasheedat Ajibade.

The Nigerians qualify 7-0 on aggregate after winning the first leg 6-0 a fortnight ago in Abuja.

This will be the Flamingos’ sixth appearance at the U-17 Women’s World Cup after qualifying for the maiden edition in 2008.

At the 2014 U-17 World Cup in Costa Rica, the Flamingos got to the quarter-finals but lost 3-0 to Spain.
www.completesportsnigeria.com/flamingos-crush-south-africa-7-0-aggregate-qualify-u-17-wwc/

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by justiz5(m): 11:39pm On Mar 27, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup Jordan 2016

Ghana, Nigeria, Cameroon qualify for Jordan 2016
[/size]

Ghana, Nigeria and Cameroon secured Africa’s three spots at the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup Jordan 2016, finishing as the top three sides at the CAF U-17 Women’s World Cup Qualifying Tournament.

Ghana booked their place at Jordan 2016 in emphatic fashion with a 10-0 aggregate victory over Morocco. A first-half double from Abdulai and goals from Alhassan and Ansah gave them a 4-0 advantage going into the second leg, before another dominant display saw the West African side put six past their opponents in the return tie in Accra.

Nigeria also put in commanding performance to see off South Africa 7-0 on aggregate. Rasheedat Ajibade, the tournament’s leading scorer, hit the net four times in the first leg in Abuja as Nigeria ran out 6-0 winners, while she also produced the only goal of the game in Johannesburg.

Cameroon and Egypt played out a tightly-contested encounter in their first leg meeting as hosts Cameroon edged their North African opponents 2-1 at the Stade Ahmadou Ahidjo, Yaounde.

The second leg was more one-sided, however, as a 4-0 win in Cairo saw Cameroon progress to the tournament for the first time.

The FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup Jordan 2016 will take place between 30 September and 21 October.
www.fifa.com/u17womensworldcup/news/y=2016/m=3/news=ghana-nigeria-cameroon-qualify-for-jordan-2016-2772725.html
[/b]
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Nobody: 6:51pm On Mar 29, 2016
I'm guessing that the 4 seeded teams for the U-17WC would be Jordan, Japan, France (if they qualify), and Ghana.
I would have put North Korea in the list, but FIFA's policy of ensuring "geographical and sporting factors" would likely not approve of 3 teams from the same confederation being amongst the top seeds.
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Nobody: 7:17am On Apr 05, 2016
Nigeria's Group stage match schedule at the U-20 WC is as follows (all Nigerian time):

November 13: Japan v Nigeria at 10am

November 16: Nigeria v Canada at 10am

November 20: Nigeria v Spain at 7am.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by justiz5(m): 10:48am On Apr 08, 2016
[size=14pt]
‘Flamingos need grade A friendlies,’ Dilichukwu tells NFF
[/size]

Photo Credit: Twitter/Nff

Former chairperson of the Women’s Professional League and ex NFF board member, Dilichukwu Onyedinma has called on the NFF to prepare the U-17 women’s soccer team well ahead of the FIFA Women’s World Cup.

The Flamingos picked their sixth consecutive ticket of the competition told be held in Jordan in September.

The former Women football chief stressed that exposing the young girls to the top football nations will help knock them into proper shape for the showpiece.

Nigeria have not made it past the second round of the U-17 Women’s World Cup in all its previous five attempts.http://footballlive.ng/footballnews/9ja-news/flamingos-need-grade-a-friendlies-dilichukwu-tells-nff/
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Icon4s(m): 11:22am On Apr 08, 2016
CFCman:
Nigeria's Group stage match schedule at the U-20 WC is as follows (all Nigerian time):

November 13: Japan v Nigeria at 10am

November 16: Nigeria v Canada at 10am

November 20: Nigeria v Spain at 7am.

Which kine time be this? How we go take watch this ones?

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Icon4s(m): 11:30am On Apr 08, 2016
CFCman:
I'm guessing that the 4 seeded teams for the U-17WC would be Jordan, Japan, France (if they qualify), and Ghana.
I would have put North Korea in the list, but FIFA's policy of ensuring "geographical and sporting factors" would likely not approve of 3 teams from the same confederation being amongst the top seeds.

At age grade level FIFA does not seed Teams, they only pot Teams. The only Team seeded is the hosts which will automatically be in Group A.

We usually have things like : European Pot, South Ameriacn Pot, Asian Pot and African/Oceanian pot.

They select teams from each pot to fill up the available 4 spaces in each group.
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Nobody: 5:43pm On Apr 08, 2016
Icon4s:

At age grade level FIFA does not seed Teams, they only pot Teams. The only Team seeded is the hosts which will automatically be in Group A.

We usually have things like : European Pot, South Ameriacn Pot, Asian Pot and African/Oceanian pot.

They select teams from each pot to fill up the available 4 spaces in each group.

Okay
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by justiz5(m): 9:03pm On Apr 13, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Millwall Teen Sensation Rinsola Babajide Misses Out On Euro Finals With England U19s
[/size]

Rinsola Babajide will not display her wares at the 2016 UEFA European Women’s U19 Championship this summer, with England failing to qualify for the competition after they were held to a goalless draw by Sweden in the Elite Qualifying Round.

The Millwall striker went the distance at the Linkoping Arena, Sweden on Sunday as the Young Lionesses failed to secure a win that would have seen them qualify for the finals in Slovakia.

In their first game in Sweden, Babajide played the last 17 minutes as England U19s recorded a 1-0 win over Austria but they suffered a 1-0 loss to Belgium in their second match, with the youngster involved for 23 minutes.

The 17-year-old was on the books of Crystal Palace Ladies Development Team before penning a deal with Millwall Lionesses in January 2015.

The UEFA European Women’s U19 Championship will take place in Slovakia from 19–31 July 2016.
Igho Kingsley
www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=18637
[/b]
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by justiz5(m): 11:18am On Apr 23, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Falconets star targets U-20 Women’s World Cup
[/size]

Chinwendu Ihezuo

Falconets striker Chinwendu Ihezuo says her target is to help Nigeria win the 2016 U-20 Women’s World Cup in Papua New Guinea, after being part of the squad that lost in the final of the 2014 edition to Germany.

Ihezuo scored once – the winner against South Korea – as the Falconets reached the final of the competition two years ago but she could only watch helplessly as Lena Petermann’s extra time strike broke Nigerian hearts and handed the Germans their third title.

“I’m looking forward to winning the cup this time round. We are no longer pushovers as far as this competition is concerned; we just need to work very hard, that’s all,” the BIIK Kazygurt of Kazakhstan striker said.

“I was very happy to get to the final the last time but I felt when we lost the game because that cup should have been ours but we made several mistakes. That is football and I believe we will be lucky this time around.”

Having played at U-16, U-20 and senior levels for Nigeria, Ihezuo has a huge responsibility carrying her teammates along in Papua New Guinea but she says the squad is built on teamwork.

“We will keep working together; I will give them words of encouragement, like my seniors also did to me at the last World Cup,” she added.

The 18-year-old, who was second highest goal scorer at the 2012 U-17 Women’s World Cup,

also set a new tournament record for the most goals scored by an individual in one game at the tournament.

Her five goals against hosts Azerbaijan overtook Germany’s Kyra Malinowski and Korea Republic’s Yeo Minji, who had each scored four against South Africa and Nigeria respectively in the 2010 edition.
http://www.punchng.com/falconets-star-targets-u-20-womens-world-cup/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by justiz5(m): 11:20am On Apr 23, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Fifa U-20 Women’s World Cup Japan women train against men for Falconets
[/size]
Japan U-20 Women’s national team trained against Meitoku Gijuku senior high school men team on Tuesday in preparation for their first match against Nigeria in the FIFA U20 Women’s World Cup in November.

Takakura Asako’s ladies will also face Spain and Canada in Group B of the tournament scheduled to be hosted in Paupa New Guinea.

Coach Takakura said that her team had to face the men’s team because of the physicality attributed to Nigeria’s ladies.

“We had a match against men’s big team consisting of third graders from Meitoku Gijuku Senior High School. It was a tough game against a team who are bigger and quicker and charge very fast,” Takakura told Japan Press.

“In the World Cup to be held in November in Paupa New Guinea, we need to win through against teams who are physically stronger like Nigeria, Canada and Spain. We will analyse what we’ve got out of today’s match and try to improve it.

The ladies suffered a 6-0 defeat against the men in a test game but the team captain, Norimatsu Ruka believes that the objectives of the team were met.

“Today I imagined the Nigeria team who we play against in the opening match of the World Cup. First, we tried not to allow the opponents to find space behind defenders with a single pass and tried to close down once the opponents sent a pass upfront,” Norimatsu said.
http://thenationonlineng.net/fifa-u-20-womens-world-cup-japan-women-train-men-falconets/

[/b]

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by justiz5(m): 6:30am On May 31, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Flamingoes Open World Cup Campaign Against Brazil On October 1; To Face England & Korea DPR
[/size]

The FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup Jordan 2016 draw took place at the Al-Hussein Cultural Centre in central Amman on Monday evening and Nigeria were handed tough opponents.

The Flamingoes are in Group C of the competition alongside Brazil, Englandand North Korea.

Nigeria will play their first game against South America powerhouse Brazil on October 1 at the King Abdullah Stadium, Amman, before traveling to Zarka to face England three days later, then wrap up group play against North Korea on October 8.

The Nigeria U17s have qualified for the quarterfinals in the last three tournaments but failed to progress to the knockout rounds at New Zealand in 2008.

Jordan will host the 2016 FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup from 30 September – 21 October.

Groups
Group A : Jordan, Spain, Mexico, New Zealand

Group B: Venezuela, Germany, Cameroon, Canada

Group C: Nigeria, Brazil, England, Korea DPR

Group D: USA, Paraguay, Ghana, Japan

Igho Kingsley
www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=19242
[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Nobody: 4:07am On Jun 01, 2016
The Flamingoes U-17 world cup matches all kickoff at 2pm Nigerian time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by lakesidepapa(m): 8:31pm On Jun 29, 2016
Salute to everyone in the building! What's the latest update about the Falconets and the flamingoes? Flamigoes ought to have start preparation with friendly games and other parts of preparation.
What's up with Falconet?

2 Likes

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by enomakos(m): 10:22am On Jul 03, 2016
lakesidepapa:
Salute to everyone in the building! What's the latest update about the Falconets and the flamingoes? Flamigoes ought to have start preparation with friendly games and other parts of preparation.
What's up with Falconet?
the nff keep saying there is no funds for preparation

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by lakesidepapa(m): 12:06pm On Jul 03, 2016
enomakos:
the nff keep saying there is no funds for preparation
Hopefully after Olympics.....
But they have the fund for a foreign coach for SE.... May God punish the so called NFF.

2 Likes

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by enomakos(m): 3:47pm On Jul 03, 2016
lakesidepapa:

Hopefully after Olympics.....
But they have the fund for a foreign coach for SE.... May God punish the so called NFF.
hahaha
that NFF for you and they will want the ladies to bring home the trophy

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by justiz5(m): 11:17am On Jul 06, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Will USA-born Omidiji Play For Nigeria At World Cup? Fifa Thinks So
[/size]

The governing body of football, Fifa, has written a profile on the Falconets ahead of the 2016 FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup in Papua New Guinea.

In the last tournament in Canada, Oklahoma native Courtney Dike became the first player born in the United States to represent the Nigeria U20s, and Fifa has predicted that Las Vegas - born Sophia Omotola Omidiji will follow suit.

“In Papua New Guinea, Netherlands-based striker Sophia Omidiji could become the second US-born player after Courtney Dike, who represented the team in Canada, to play for the side.

“Like Dike’s, Omidiji’s father was born in Nigeria, and it is not unlikely that the two could feature together for the Super Falcons in the not too distant future,” fifa.com said about the FC Eindhoven Women star.

The eighth edition of the Fifa U20s will take place in Papua New Guinea 13 November – 3 December 2016 and Nigeria will face Spain, Japan and Canada in the group stage.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=19648
[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by justiz5(m): 11:18am On Jul 06, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Sophia Omidiji: The story of adopted American girl's dream to represent Nigeria
[/size]
[img]http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/Goal_Nigeria/a6/f8/sophia-omidiji_1ekx998d4dksx108txgk3gij1e.jpg?t=-1117611403&w=620&h=430[/img]

By Samuel Ahmadu

While many are rooting for the prodigy to impress with the Falconets in Papua New Guinea, reality is that she may have missed the train according to the team's coach
GOAL FEATURE By Samuel Ahmadu Follow on Twitter

The story of Sophia Omotola Omidiji, 19, reads like one out of a fairytale.

Adopted as a little child by Lateef Omidiji, a Nigerian living in Las Vegas with his American wife Crystal, Sophia was brought up to love and respect her father’s home country. Her loving grandfather Bili made such a lasting impression on her which helped in making life choices.

In the course of growing up, the young lady took to football, what Americans call soccer, and found joy on the greens with the ball at her feet.

After breaking scoring records at her Sierra Vista High School in Las Vegas, Omidiji caught the eye of local scouts and word got around about her abilities but she did the most surprising thing, she opted to represent the country of her adopted father, Nigeria.

In an October 2015 interview with Goal, Omidiji spoke of her motivation to wear the green and white internationally: “There are many Nigerians abroad that choose to play with the country they were born in. But for me, I've had only one desire and that's to play for the greatest nation on earth and that's Nigeria.”

Omidiji has since been trying to back up her dream, moving to the Netherlands with her family where she now features for the FC Eindhoven Women’s team and she continues to score goals.

This week, Fifa created excitement about the prospects of Omidiji representing her adopted country in a pre-tournament profile of the Nigerian team on its website.

She was named a great asset who could take after Courtney Dike, another American-born Nigerian who starred at the last tournament in Canada.

“Like Dike’s, Omidiji’s father was born in Nigeria, and it is not unlikely that the two could feature together for the Super Falcons in the not too distant future,” Fifa.com wrote.

Despite the growing international interest in her story, Omidiji was not able to convince Nigeria selectors of her ability and is set to be overlooked for the Fifa U20 Women’s World Cup in Papua New Guinea in November.

Reacting to the Fifa recognition of her talent and resolve to play for Nigeria, she expressed doubt about her chances of making a case for inclusiveness during the tournament in four months.

“I'm happy about [the Fifa recognition], of course. I think I can be part of Nigeria’s future. I feel like I can bring a positive attention to women football,” Omidiji told Goal.

“I feel like somebody at Fifa recognizes that I’m a hard worker who has a track record of winning.”

Nigerian teams are known for their imposing physical stature, at 5ft 1in, Omidiji is small but makes up for it with her blistering pace and eye for goal. That was why she scored 38 goals in her final year of high school.

“I know I won't be selected but if I'm selected of course I'm confident in my skills. I know I can help the team. I know I'm not big but I'm technical and fast,” she said.

The Las Vegas-born player declined talking about her biological parents, but stressed her resolve to represent her adopted country, citing her deep affection for Nigeria and the continent.
[img]http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/Goal_Nigeria/af/b6/sophia-omidiji_1o1x2i8gj8j7p1tccje38ypw1p.jpg?t=-1117604051[/img]

[img]http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/Goal_Nigeria/a9/29/sophia-omidiji_mib7jh5hsvt0zdff6gwwj43z.jpg?t=-1117611403[/img]
“[It's] not something I want to talk about but I thank God for my father and grandparents and in turn Nigeria. Mario Balotelli isn't less Italian because he was adopted. I don't feel less Nigerian because I was adopted,” she said.

“Being adopted isn't something I talk about. I will say this, I may not look Nigerian on the outside but my heartbeat is Nigerian. I don't feel less Nigerian than my younger brother. I have a Nigerian passport along with an American,” she explained.

“In Luxembourg [during Nigeria's recently friendly in May], I met Super Eagles players some told me and my brother that ‘we know of you guys, we support you guys, thanks for choosing our country’. That made me feel good,” she said.

Meanwhile, Falconets coach Peter Dedevbo, applauded her great desire to feature for Nigeria, but admitted he is unsure of her chances, seeing her inability to cope with his side's physical style of football.

“She is a good player and I really love her great desire to play for Nigeria as well as her passion," Dedevbo told Goal.

“That was why I allowed her stay in my camp for nearly four months of our camping for the qualifiers. She is the first player ever to have stayed in my camp that long and not feature in games.

“I really wanted to give her the much needed time for her to adapt to our style of football. I had intention of putting her in some of our qualifying games, but I could not feature her because we had tough and physical matches, which we needed to win and qualify for the World Cup.

“She could not cope. Even though, I really liked her, but I must admit as the coach that her performance during the qualifiers did not measure up to my expectation,” he said.

A European journalist, Adam Volk, hailed the quality of the player after watching her shine in a game for her club and believes she is a great talent to watch out for in Papua New Guinea.

“Members of our team went to see some of her games in Holland for FC Eindhoven and I have to say that your country has a gem on her hands as she is a fantastic player,” acknowledged Volk.

However, Barrister Seyi Akinwunmi, the 1st Vice President of the Nigeria Football Federation hailed Omidiji's interest despite admitting no knowledge of her and pledging to take necessary administrative steps to make her dreams come true.

Akinwunmi, who is also the head of the NFF's youth football development department, assured that the federation will always provide the platform for exceptional talents – both at home and abroad of Nigerian origin – to represent their fatherland.

“I’m not aware of her matter,” Akinwunmi told Goal. “But I will immediately take up the matter by meeting the technical department of the NFF and also the head coach of the Falconets to get more details about her.

“We are resolved to ensure that under our watch no player of Nigerian origin is denied a chance of playing for the country due to non-footballing reasons.

“I will hope to have her again and see her and assess her performance and determine if she has what it takes to make the team,” he concluded.

The world loves a fairy tale and Omidiji being listed in the Nigeria team to Papua New Guinea will bring to fore that dreams still come true.

Still, the decision to take the young lady rests on the shoulders of coach Dedevbo who seems to have made up his mind. But hope springs eternal for Omidiji.

“I wanted to make my dad and grandparents proud because I am who I am because of Nigeria. I love Africa so much and my dream is to coach an African team to the World Cup one day,” Omidiji said.
http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/12072/nigeria-women/2016/07/06/25354242/sophia-omidiji-the-story-of-adopted-american-girls-dream-to?ICID=HP_HN_1
[/b]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:32pm On Jul 06, 2016
Mehn!!!! At 5ft 1 inch.... she's really a midget player BUT size don't rule the game in all aspects..... ask Messi (5ft 7 inches.... fine messi is way taller sef... wink ) and Maradona (5ft 5inches)

Sophia Omidiji Jnr seems a player with a good center of gravity which gives her good and awesome balance on the ball. And As she's sleek and skillful, and scores lots of goals... she is one for the future...

Let no one rule her out coz even one of the greatest women soccer players of all time, Marta da Silva is 5ft 4inches. smiley

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by justiz5(m): 11:52am On Jul 07, 2016
Meanwhile, Falconets coach Peter Dedevbo, applauded her great desire to feature for Nigeria, but admitted he is unsure of her chances, seeing her inability to cope with his side's physical style of football.

“She is a good player and I really love her great desire to play for Nigeria as well as her passion," Dedevbo told Goal.

what do you think about the Coach's submission concerning the young girl?

“That was why I allowed her stay in my camp for nearly four months of our camping for the qualifiers. She is the first player ever to have stayed in my camp that long and not feature in games.

“I really wanted to give her the much needed time for her to adapt to our style of football. I had intention of putting her in some of our qualifying games, but I could not feature her because we had tough and physical matches, which we needed to win and qualify for the World Cup.

“She could not cope. Even though, I really liked her, but I must admit as the coach that her performance during the qualifiers did not measure up to my expectation,” he said.
[/quote]

TheSuperNerd:
Mehn!!!! At 5ft 1 inch.... she's really a midget player BUT size don't rule the game in all aspects..... ask Messi (5ft 7 inches.... fine messi is way taller sef... wink ) and Maradona (5ft 5inches)

Sophia Omidiji Jnr seems a player with a good center of gravity which gives her good and awesome balance on the ball. And As she's sleek and skillful, and scores lots of goals... she is one for the future...

Let no one rule her out coz even one of the greatest women soccer players of all time, Marta da Silva is 5ft 4inches. smiley
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by justiz5(m): 11:56am On Jul 07, 2016

[b]“Meanwhile, Falconets coach Peter Dedevbo, applauded her great desire to feature for Nigeria, but admitted he is unsure of her chances, seeing her inability to cope with his side's physical style of football.

[/b]

TheSuperNerd:

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by lakesidepapa(m): 1:18pm On Jul 07, 2016
justiz5:

[b]“Meanwhile, Falconets coach Peter Dedevbo, applauded her great desire to feature for Nigeria, but admitted he is unsure of her chances, seeing her inability to cope with his side's physical style of football.

[/b]

If she's not fit into the falconet system, they should not bring her along or better still be on the bench. The strength of our female national team is Physical..

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by tizblink: 1:36pm On Jul 07, 2016
Without been sentimental, if she can't cope with the system then she's gotta be dropped.
However, I like to see her play for her country someday.

She should improve her game
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:02pm On Jul 07, 2016
I think I understand Dedevbo very well..... He admits to the quality in Sophia Omidiji but keeps harping on the "Physical aspect of her game which is below par".....

I get his views.... He's a coach who has led our Super Falconets to U-20 world cup silver in 2014 and a quarter finals finish at the 2012 Fifa U-17 Women World cup so he knows what he's talking about...

But, that does not rule her out of the Big One (The Super Falcons) in the long run... she's only 19, meaning she can still vastly improve the physical aspects of her game and Overall stamina... She can be another Marta Silva if she does that and also keep polishing the technical aspects of her game which Dedevbo highly praised.

All the best to Sophia.... smiley

justiz5:

[/b]

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by lakesidepapa(m): 2:05pm On Jul 07, 2016
tizblink:
Without been sentimental, if she can't cope with the system then she's gotta be dropped.
However, I like to see her play for her country someday.

She should improve her game

In as much as we admire her to play for the team, we shouldn't leave the truth unsaid. Her game worth the team.
she just need to improve herself physically by going to gim, carrying heavy weight and ruggedly improve her body..
Physically, she needs to improve if she wants to play for a female national football teams that have always produced the best physical female football team in Africa.
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by tizblink: 2:13pm On Jul 07, 2016
lakesidepapa:

In as much as we admire her to play for the team, we shouldn't leave the truth unsaid. Her game worth the team.
she just need to improve herself physically by going to gim, carrying heavy weight and ruggedly improve her body..
[b]Physically, she needs to improve [/b]if she wants to play for a female national football teams that have always produced the best physical female football team in Africa.

We are on the same page cheesy

She needs to improve physically
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by enomakos(m): 8:01am On Jul 10, 2016
lakesidepapa:

Physically, she needs to improve if she wants to play for a female national football teams that have always produced the best physical female football team in Africa.
bro what had playing physical football won us?
Have we won the u-17 and u-20 world cup with that style of play?
If she is skillful and gifted take her to the world cup i believe she may be better than some of the player in that team

2 Likes

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by lakesidepapa(m): 8:55pm On Aug 28, 2016
@Justiz5 what's up with the flamingoes? U_17 world cup starts new month.

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Nobody: 12:53am On Aug 29, 2016
Coach Bala Nkiyu has called 30 players to camp. He will eventually have to drop 9 players for the final tournament.

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by lakesidepapa(m): 7:58am On Aug 29, 2016
Your source or I don't believe it sad sad smiley

CFCman:
Coach Bala Nkiyu has called 30 players to camp. He will eventually have to drop 9 players for the final tournament.
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by olapluto(m): 8:40am On Aug 29, 2016
Flamingoes won a friendly against a local team 8-1 yesterday.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (23) (Reply)

5 Footballers You Never Knew Have Killed Before / Ronaldo Reacts To Hat-trick Against Tottenham Hotspur / 'Most Beautiful' Super Falcons Michelle Alozie Admits Having A Crush On Iwobi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.