Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,806 members, 7,831,629 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

l Met Empty Treasury – Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / l Met Empty Treasury – Wike (1013 Views)

Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury / Ex-minister Faults Buhari On Empty Treasury, Says Jonathan Left About $30bn / I Met An Empty Treasury, Wike Insists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

l Met Empty Treasury – Wike by Ezenwammadu(m): 9:33pm On Jun 18, 2015
THE Rivers State Governor, Chief Nyesom Wike, has said contrary to the claims of the immediate past administration that it left N7 bn in the state coffers, he met an empty treasury.

Wike explained that the treasury where the monthly federal allocation accruing to the state was always kept had remained in debit as of May 29 when he (governor) took over the reins of governance in the state.

The governor made this remark on Thursday at the Government House in Port Harcourt during the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding between the state government and officials of Julius Berger and a Chinese Construction firm, CCECC, for the rehabilitation of 33 kilometres of township roads in the state capital.

He stated that from the brief he received from the State Accountant General after his inauguration, only one revenue account with Sterling Bank had some funds left by the immediate past administration.

Wike said, “I want to say in good authority that we did not meet any N7 bn as being speculated. The state’s FAAC account as of May 29, 2015 was in debit. That was the briefing I received from the Accountant-General.”

Signing the MoU with two construction giants, Julius Berger and CCECC, Wike explained that the step was in realisation of his administration’s Zero Potholes programme launched on May 29, 2015.

According to the governor, while Julius Berger is to handle the rehabilitation of 11 kilometres of township roads alongside street lights and traffic lights, the CCECC will handle 20 kilometres of township roads in Port Harcourt.

He explained that the state government had resolved to work with the construction giants to rebuild road infrastructure in the state capital and added that the revival of facilities in the state capital was beyond political consideration.

Wike noted that the funds for the ‘Operation Zero Potholes’ had been set aside, hence the signing of the memorandum of understanding to ensure that the companies concluded work in 120 days.

He, however, promised to personally monitor the execution of the projects by the construction giants.

Wike explained that his administration had resolved to take the N10bn loan with specific focus on key projects to be implemented, noting that the request to the State House of Assembly was accompanied by all the projects to be executed.

Responding, representative of Julius Berger Plc, Mr. Marco Braun, assured the Rivers State Government that the project would be completed as scheduled.

Also, the representative of CCECC, Mr Lee Kin Yong, expressed happiness that the Chinese company would be involved in the revival of infrastructure in the state.

The signing of the memorandum of understanding was supervised by the Rivers State Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice, Chinwe Aguma.

http://www.punchng.com/news/i-met-empty-treasury-wike/

2 Likes

Re: l Met Empty Treasury – Wike by abduljabbar4(m): 9:36pm On Jun 18, 2015
Useless man

1 Like

Re: l Met Empty Treasury – Wike by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jun 18, 2015
“I want to say in good authority that we did not meet any N7 bn as being speculated. The state’s FAAC account as of May 29, 2015 was in debit. That was the briefing I received from the Accountant-General.”
I never took that Amaechi serious when he said he left N7b in treasury. Amaechi is a fraudster

4 Likes

Re: l Met Empty Treasury – Wike by temitemi1(m): 9:44pm On Jun 18, 2015
Well, If ameachi could loot carpet, I pity the life of the treasury grin grin

3 Likes

Re: l Met Empty Treasury – Wike by NobleAky(m): 9:53pm On Jun 18, 2015
Show me a politician who doesn't Lie and i will show you a prostitute who is still a virgin

2 Likes

Re: l Met Empty Treasury – Wike by U235weapongrade: 9:56pm On Jun 18, 2015
High chief Ezebunwo Nyesom Wike,

Ikwerre meka
Re: l Met Empty Treasury – Wike by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jun 18, 2015
abduljabbar4:
Useless man
Ya fada useless He don smell even class rep for primary skool G o a t

1 Like

Re: l Met Empty Treasury – Wike by ice25(f): 10:03pm On Jun 18, 2015
amaechi and wike only reminds me of tom and jerry lol
Re: l Met Empty Treasury – Wike by Jorussia(m): 10:10pm On Jun 18, 2015
If wike met empty treasury, where did get the money he used to launch operation zero potholes few minutes after his swearing in?
Re: l Met Empty Treasury – Wike by stanech: 10:16pm On Jun 18, 2015
Jorussia:
If wike met empty treasury, where did get the money he used to launch operation zero potholes few minutes after his swearing in?

are u for real?

when osun state is still paying touts and area boys you are asking wike where he got money.
when States like Benue still carry out projects guy park well
Re: l Met Empty Treasury – Wike by princely83(m): 10:24pm On Jun 18, 2015
This wike is a tout and a thief
Re: l Met Empty Treasury – Wike by Jorussia(m): 10:28pm On Jun 18, 2015
stanech:

are u for real?

when osun state is still paying touts and area boys you are asking wike where he got money.
when States like Benue still carry out projects guy park well
which kind of useless comment b dis one self?Do you even know the meaning of empty treasury?
Re: l Met Empty Treasury – Wike by Wildrage: 10:30pm On Jun 18, 2015
Good start Wike, you do not need to refute the baseless claim of one of Amaechi's underlings when their oga already told us he would be leaving behind an empty treasury, he even boasted you will not have money to pay salaries not to talk of embarking on developmental projects. God pass am, just remain focused and the people would queue behind you

1 Like

Re: l Met Empty Treasury – Wike by stanech: 10:34pm On Jun 18, 2015
Jorussia:
which kind of useless comment b dis one self?Do you even know the meaning of empty treasury?

Oga a state like rivers do not need physical money to function. contractors will be willing to to work for rivers state and get their money after the job is complete.

do name. or comment useless sire
Re: l Met Empty Treasury – Wike by kromoto: 10:35pm On Jun 18, 2015
Wike should concentrate on governance and stop fighting Amaechi. It's not as if Wike is any saint either but wisdom tells that one should not talk all the time.

Am average Rivers man is always an open eye!
Re: l Met Empty Treasury – Wike by HopeAtHand: 10:50pm On Jun 18, 2015
barcanista:
I never took that Amaechi serious when he said he left N7b in treasury. Amaechi is a fraudster

Come this Youngman, are you related to Opunabo Inko-Tariah or maybe on his payroll because the rate at which you respond subjectively to issues about Wike is like someone with interests to protect.
Re: l Met Empty Treasury – Wike by gregg2: 10:52pm On Jun 18, 2015
Amaechi was Nigeria's worst governor
Re: l Met Empty Treasury – Wike by jackymfon: 10:56pm On Jun 18, 2015
Ok
Re: l Met Empty Treasury – Wike by Babe2sure(f): 11:28pm On Jun 18, 2015
They always meet empty treasury lipsrsealed.
Re: l Met Empty Treasury – Wike by tit(f): 4:50am On Jun 19, 2015
tinubu is a bastard

(1) (Reply)

Alwaleed Bin Talal: Meet The Saudi Prince Giving Away All His Money (US$32B) / I Have Not Made Demands Of Buhari, Tinubu Says / U Can't Miss This Write Up On Buharis Appointment- By Nurideen Asunogie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.