Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,890 members, 7,817,618 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) (108058 Views)

The Head Of Goat That Caused Accident In Anambra Was Cut Off (Photos) / Lagos Slum Where Residents Live With Snakes, Crocodiles (photos) / Accident Involving A Jeep At China Town In Lagos (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by VickyRotex(f): 1:56pm On Jun 19, 2015
eleko1:
sadLook @ her smiling on top of snake pepper soup.I nor dey com ur house again,make u nor feed me with the gods food sad.Tufia embarassed sad

I no dey chop snake joor. No mind Op, she post the thing for romance section, na why I dey ask her, how the snake take dey romantic. angry undecided
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by porshuch: 1:58pm On Jun 19, 2015
Pure EKE IDEMMILI
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jun 19, 2015
boss1310:
yea you are right dear,that town is near my hometown and we were told frm childhood never to kill or harm snakes even in the city but guess what i have killed one in the city.
I won't take chances with my life hoping on the gods to save me when i dnt know them and they dont know me.i didn't let my people know about it but anyday i see a snake blocking my road i squash and maim i dnt take chances
i still remember how snakes used to enter someone's car in the indian movie SUNITA.
it still gives me the creeps

ain't an Igbo but y fear snakes, my boo always tell me abt these village.. Lolz, in my state there is a village where Predator(tat 1 tat looks like Crocodile) Entry pple's house, #Orugun somehow related to those people tru my moms side, so u don't fear Dem cous I know they won't harm me

Nice topic, God bless my Good people of anambra state, God bless Nigeria
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by Jj222(f): 2:00pm On Jun 19, 2015
NeduLuiZ:
Religion the greatest scam
God knows I would smash the head of that ugly serpent angry
. holy shit .!d fucking snake is fucking big. I feel like grabbing the wall.
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by agrovick(m): 2:00pm On Jun 19, 2015
fr3do:
Same thing in Ota-gbuno an Anioma village Snake go dey slide majestically, you dare not disturb it.
Is anioma village in Delta state?
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by preizton(m): 2:01pm On Jun 19, 2015
KemiJesus:
Hahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa, dis guy won't kill me wit laughooo,come over to ur place ke! Ar u 4 real? Lolz ,u're just 2funny, can't stop laughing here grin
You can still join her, mine is a private uni. I offer u admission even if u didn't apply, our classroom is condusive with standard beds(sorry, standard seats).
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by Cuneddy(m): 2:07pm On Jun 19, 2015
neoapocalypse:

Please tell us the difference.

Na so one person for another thread talk say reptiles are amphibians , da fuq
Hw I wish I hav much time to do just dat,bt pls help urself wit dis
snakebuddies.net/2010/09/23/snakes-101-an-introduction-to-the-mighty-serpent/
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by Daresh(f): 2:07pm On Jun 19, 2015
We don't kill them in my village as well. They will never harm you so why harm them? We just take them out if we don't want them in the house.

1 Like

Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by MyBaby17: 2:09pm On Jun 19, 2015
where is the picture! Where is the picture!! Where is the picture!!! everywhere. can't u people see the picture over there? nawa oo
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jun 19, 2015
AgapeCharis:
Mumu boy! Adaobi12 don't mind this prodigal Anambrarian that was born and lived in the UK all his life. He was only privileged to travel home of recent and was lucky to learn his mother tongue. He knows nothing about your culture and tradition. You could help him by teaching him a few things about your culture. grin
. lol.Atleast he came home and learnt real fast.
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by litetias(m): 2:17pm On Jun 19, 2015
Ogume, Delta state also worship python. They used to crawl into our hostel at Novena university and the brave ones among us used to pet them. Totally harmless.
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by lucky032(m): 2:19pm On Jun 19, 2015
remember007:
I really don't know but I love the place

let me get your control let me keep you in touch should you come next
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by Vodkka(m): 2:20pm On Jun 19, 2015
Plus234:

but Nri has a king, Igwe, just like other town you mention, is he ruling those town you mention too ?

Nop..... Each of d four town has Igwe but pay some kind allegiance to their father's name "Nri or Eri"

Example is that of Enugwu-ukwu ..... The title of kingship there is "Eze Enugwu-ukwu na Igwe umunri"
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jun 19, 2015
chidyke77:
Pythons of nowadays and the ones during my fathers doesn't behave the same. I could remember when I was young in the village bcus I actually grew up in village, did my primary and sec education there. I breed rabbits but could remember how one python sneaked into my cage and strangled my female rabbit that was nursing her babies. I cried bcus I was still young then and eventually killed the python.
When my father came back from work I told him what happened but he didn't scold at me. He told me some stories about python during their growing up years.
He said that their mother though a pagan then used to have pythons always lurking around her kitchen chamber (uko) preying on rats. That she used to have hens,chickens and they layers with their eggs in (mkpo okuko) their chambers which is equally close to the kitchen yet the pythons won't touch any chicks or eggs upon they do visit their and prey on rats.
I think religion is changing those thing nw.,. I will never kill any python unless it attacks me directly or indirectly.
(Abum ezigbo nwa afo idemili, idennaa amusiri ike na ulo.)
. lol. I love the name idenna. pls which part of idemili are you from?
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by GreatEngineer(m): 2:25pm On Jun 19, 2015
moscobabs:

You sure nothing hapun to you sa?

Nothing happen to me Bro. am doing great.
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by Achilies(m): 2:27pm On Jun 19, 2015
Same thing in Idemili
You don't kill python there even if it enters your bedroom speak to it and it will leave.
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by Digriz(m): 2:29pm On Jun 19, 2015
wink
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by fr3do(m): 2:30pm On Jun 19, 2015
agrovick:

Is anioma village in Delta state?

Anioma is a collection of Igbo sub-groups that are mostly concentrated in present day Delta state, other anioma territories are Igbanke (edo), Ndoni (rivers), Onitsha (anambra). But Anioma most times refer to Delta North.
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by jaybee104(m): 2:32pm On Jun 19, 2015
rosy4u:

bros which 1 b lie 2u..?
is it d fact dat I've never seen a snake or d fact it gives me goose bumps sad
the former...take me to any where, I no go still gree
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by GreatEngineer(m): 2:32pm On Jun 19, 2015
noskeybaba:

Tell me more lies bros. If someone from Anambra actually saw or knew you killed an Eke, that's the end of your service year. I remember being told in camp to respect people's culture. And going by your grammar, I don't think you will be a "great engr"

I said I kill four of those pytons and you are saying its a lie, one of the happen to be on the day of inter-house sport in the school I serve, on that day when the women were cooking, the firewood that those student brought earlier were there on one side of the floor, as the women we parking the firewood to use for cooking, they discovered one of the pyton inside the firewood bunch so they shouted, I have to kill the snake though they were saying I should leave it but I refused.

The law may not that be very strong at Umunya were I was. I guess.
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by chidyke77(m): 2:33pm On Jun 19, 2015
Adaobi12:
. lol. I love the name idenna. pls which part of idemili are you from?
next town after Nnobi towards Igbo ukwu.
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by GodMode: 2:33pm On Jun 19, 2015
tonychristopher:

When you say South West is ekiti osun okitipupa ilesan ibadan oshogbo ife are these places all South West ...I do not know what is wrong with people always measuring peniss with other tribe

It's only yolloba people that see fucckking women especially igbo girls that have been rejected as an achievement

Congrats

because f:ucking igbo women means they don't want their generation to be igbos gringringrin same goes for igbo men that love yoruba p:ussiesgrin
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by GodMode: 2:34pm On Jun 19, 2015
Generals03:

keeping animals in the zoo is a subtle violation of animal rights. Animals are supposed to roam freely in their habitat without facing threats of endangerment and extinction. It is for the good of the Earth and the balance of its ecosystem.

Then don't kill a crocodile if you see onegringringrin
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by rosy4u(f): 2:36pm On Jun 19, 2015
jaybee104:
the former...take me to any where, I no go still gree
bros I no dey force u to gree .... e no consine me undecided
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by darlenese(f): 2:36pm On Jun 19, 2015
remember007:
HELLO GUYS, THIS IS MY FIRST TIME OF CREATING A THREAD ON NAIRALAND..PARDON ME IF THERE ARE MISTAKES... I TRAVELED TO ANAMBRA STATE TWO WEEKS AGO TO SPEND MY SHORT HOLIDAY WITH MY GRANDMOTHER,@ AGU- UKWU,.. ITS TRULY A BEAUTIFUL STATE, IT'S A STATE WERE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY, REP, SENATE AND EVEN LOCAL GOVT MEMBERS ARE ALL UP AND DOING... I CAN BODLY SAY THAT ALL ROADS IN OUR SENATORIAL DISTRICT WHICH IS REPRESENTED BY HONOURABLE UCHE EKUNIFE ARE TARED...REASON WHY SHE'S BEEN SENT TO THE SENATE COS ALL SIGN BOARD OF ROADS DONE HERE WERE ATTRACTED BY HER..........ON MYOU SECOND DAY OF VISIT, WE CAME BACK FROM CHURCH AROUND 9.. I WENT TO THE KITCHEN TO PREPARE FOOD.. THEN I SAW A SNAKE THAT WAS TRAPPED BTW IRON NETS OF THE KITCHEN WINDOW WHILE IT WAS TRYING TO CRAWL IN THRU THE WINDOW...I RAN. OUT SCREAMING FOR HELP , I WAS LATER TOLD THAT THE SNAKE DOESN'T BITE, THAT IT COMES INTO ANY HOME, THE PEOPLE DOESN'T KILL IT, RATHER I WAS WORSHIPPED IN THE OLDEN DAYS SO THEY ARE USED TO HAVING IT AS A GUEST.. FROM THAT DAY ON,I PACKED MY BAG AND LEFT FOR AWKA TO STAY WITH MY UNCLE .. IT TOOK 5 DAYS BEFORE I RETURNED HOME COS I FEAR SNAKES AND ALMOST EVERY THING THAT CRAWLS INCLUDING COCKROACHES...HERE ARE PICTURES OF IT AS WAS SHARED TO ME FROM MY COUSINS

Is that why u have to post in caps
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by frakdon(m): 2:36pm On Jun 19, 2015
repogirl:
your whole existence has been cursed so is there really a point rplying you.......your foolishness should be framed and used as teaching aid to kids in school, telling them that you are what stupidity and uselessness looks like..... just keep exhibiting your stupidity in its full glory.

You better let google save your life. Onyeampari Anuofia!
nne rapu nwataa biko.
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by olyivy(f): 2:36pm On Jun 19, 2015
Born2eatPussy:
[size=20pt] The way some people act on Nairaland.
We kill pythons in Anambra state.
The only LGA that doesn't kill pythons are Idemili local government area.
We don't worship pythons in places like Nnewi,Ozubulu,Oba,Onitsha,Ichida,Igbo Ukwu, Ekwulobia, Ojoto , Obosi, Nkpor, Aguleri, Anam, Omoh,Oko, Ndikelionwu, Uke, awah, Adazi-enu, Adazi-ani, Adazi- nnukwu, Awka, Amansi, Akwuzu, Nteje, Otuocha, instead we kill them.
[/size]
Get your facts right.
Anambra State is very big.

Idemili people do not kill pythons but others do
People who were born in places like Lagos & they only visit Anambra State just once in every 20 years will start saying shiit about Anambra state.
We have up to 50 towns in Anambra state, out of the 50 towns, 9 towns worship pythons & they don't dare kill them pythons, They're the idemili people.
Your knowledge of Idemmili local government is woeful. Theses towns in red are actually idemmili towns!!

That aside Pythons are non-poisnous snakes and that probably informed its god-like status in many places across Igboland and beyond.

It doesnt mean you cant find communities in igboland where they kill snakes and that does not also mean you can find people that "worship" it outside igboland.
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by frakdon(m): 2:36pm On Jun 19, 2015
repogirl:
your whole existence has been cursed so is there really a point rplying you.......your foolishness should be framed and used as teaching aid to kids in school, telling them that you are what stupidity and uselessness looks like..... just keep exhibiting your stupidity in its full glory.

You better let google save your life. Onyeampari Anuofia!
pls leave that small boy, him no deserve yur time yu get?
Re: A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) by GreatEngineer(m): 2:37pm On Jun 19, 2015
chamboy:
do dey use English To Fix Engines

Don't mine that dude, he thinks he knows it all, when typing with your phone or while busy at work, you might make some blunders which you may not easily notice.

I don't think it has gotten to where he is taking the matter to.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

This Is The Oyedepo Hangar They Plan To Demolish / Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here / Best Country To Relocate With My Family Apart From Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.